Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Wyld Stallyns

***Official*** Modern Family Thread

Didn't care for the episode last night at all. Barely cracked a smile.

Gloria is perfect eye candy for a show full of funny adults. The kids are the weak area of the show and writing. Cam steals the show most weeks with Phil a close second.

And not as if it was any surprise, but quiet Gloria was much preferable to loud Gloria.

I thought the line Gloria had about Jay's sandwich was pretty good. The one where she mentioned that it tasted like a turkey and anchovie were beaten to death by a pepper

Gloria is perfect eye candy for a show full of funny adults. The kids are the weak area of the show and writing. Cam steals the show most weeks with Phil a close second.

The kids aren't that bad. Except for the kid who plays Manny. He's terrible and the unrealistic dialog they give him makes it worse.

Didn't care for the episode last night at all. Barely cracked a smile.

Last night was the first time I ever fell asleep during an episode. Definitely just mediocre.

The kids aren't that bad. Except for the kid who plays Manny. He's terrible and the unrealistic dialog they give him makes it worse.
I dig the kids, except for Manny. He's too over the top. Yes, most of the characters are slightly over the top exagerations, but they have touches of reality in them to keep them grounded. I've never met any kid with an ounce of Manny's attributes.

Got a little misty when Mitchell and Cameron lay down in the field last night. You could feel their heartache and pain. One of the few times they went straight drama

Couldn't agree more with this.

Yeah, the whole football thing last night was really forced and Manny didn't help at all

Yeah, the whole football thing last night was really forced and Manny didn't help at all
? Football thing?

? Football thing?
He must be referring to the repeat episode (Aunty Mommy I think it was called) that aired before the Season Finale.

? Football thing?
He must be referring to the repeat episode (Aunty Mommy I think it was called) that aired before the Season Finale.
Oh... I thought my dvr screwed up or something

Great episode, but not to thrilled with the pregnancy angle. I really don't see the need for yet ANOTHER child in the show. And I really don't want to sit through nine months of pregnancy related whining from her.

I thought it was one of the funniest shows ever...a lot of "LOL" moments.

I'm interested to see the pregnancy angle with her, I think it would be funny.

I'm with my wife; if they're setting up giving the baby to the gay guys, I'm out. I'm trusting them not to do something that stupid, but there was some slight foreshadowing of that with Jay saying he was too old for that.

I'm with my wife; if they're setting up giving the baby to the gay guys, I'm out. I'm trusting them not to do something that stupid, but there was some slight foreshadowing of that with Jay saying he was too old for that.

I don't see that happening. I think the last few scenes were more about kicking you in the gut than foreshadowing some sort of baby sharing arrangement. It makes you feel for Mitchell and Cam even more when you learn that Jay and Gloria are having a baby they apparently weren't even trying for.

The biggest concern with the pregnancy angle is that she's going to be pregnant!!

Eye candy factor could be hit significantly.

Is she pregnant in real life, like when Al Bundy went through a pregnancy phase on Married With Children with Katie Segal? If so, I could see why they'd have to go this route. Otherwise, meh. My wife actually thinks that they won't carry it through, and at some point in time, they will have to have a heavy drama filled episode where she loses the baby somehow. I have to admit, this thought crossed my mind also, which is another reason I wasn't thrilled with it. I hate when a comedy goes dramatic (like the final episode of MASH for instance).

Edited by TxBuckeye

The biggest concern with the pregnancy angle is that she's going to be pregnant!!Eye candy factor could be hit significantly.

entirely possible they open next season (or quite soon thereafter) with the birth or even post-birth (i am assuming that the actress is not herself pregnant). sitcoms aren't required to follow a strict calendar.

The biggest concern with the pregnancy angle is that she's going to be pregnant!!Eye candy factor could be hit significantly.

entirely possible they open next season (or quite soon thereafter) with the birth or even post-birth (i am assuming that the actress is not herself pregnant). sitcoms aren't required to follow a strict calendar.
Hopefully they don't skip past the breastfeeding stage.

I thought the Mexican soap opera was actually a bigger, stranger departure for the show than the pregnancy news. Very few sitcoms keep the quality going for this long, so I'm curious what they will do next with the show.

Is she pregnant in real life, like when Al Bundy went through a pregnancy phase on Married With Children with Katie Segal? If so, I could see why they'd have to go this route. Otherwise, meh. My wife actually thinks that they won't carry it through, and at some point in time, they will have to have a heavy drama filled episode where she loses the baby somehow. I have to admit, this thought crossed my mind also, which is another reason I wasn't thrilled with it. I hate when a comedy goes dramatic (like the final episode of MASH for instance).

MASH went dramatic all the time. It was one of the things that made the show great, it was serious and funny at the same time.

Luke is one of the best characters on the show. Not sure how anyone could trash the kids.

Luke is one of the best characters on the show. Not sure how anyone could trash the kids.

Him hiding mail was great.I've always liked Dylan. Edited by EYLive

:goodposting: Manny has some good moments also.

His delivery is beyond awful. He sounds like a bad actor reading from a script. The kid is 13 in real life, why does he sound like he's 6?

I doubt it. I still don't know if she has a head.

His delivery is beyond awful. He sounds like a bad actor reading from a script. The kid is 13 in real life, why does he sound like he's 6?
makes it funnier, IMO

This. Luke is awesome.

This. Luke is awesome.
The bathroom scene from the Leap Day episode where Luke spills the fake blood on himself was one of,the funniest things I've seen on tv in quite a while.

All the kids bring something to the show. I especially like Alex and her reactions to some of the absurdity around her. Manny and Luke are the same age (or close to it) but are polar opposites, they play off each other well.

So last night I watched an old episode of this, after which I enjoyed an orange dot with the wife. During the dotting, I found my thoughts drifting to Sarah Hyland instead of Julie Bowen or Sofia Vergara.

Should I feel bad about this? I'm 39.

• Like 1

So last night I watched an old episode of this, after which I enjoyed an orange dot with the wife. During the dotting, I found my thoughts drifting to Sarah Hyland instead of Julie Bowen or Sofia Vergara.Should I feel bad about this? I'm 39.

She's 22 so you are at least thinking legal things.

So last night I watched an old episode of this, after which I enjoyed an orange dot with the wife. During the dotting, I found my thoughts drifting to Sarah Hyland instead of Julie Bowen or Sofia Vergara.

Halloween costumes or laying on the chair by the pool?

Neither, but thanks for the reminders. Maybe I will refer back during future orange dots.

And thanks for the info, Leroy. I feel better about it now.

Neither, but thanks for the reminders. Maybe I will refer back during future orange dots.

When I thought she was younger I was thinking she had Mila Kunis potential but her actual age makes me think that won't happen.

Still cute though.

When I thought she was younger I was thinking she had Mila Kunis potential but her actual age makes me think that won't happen.

Still cute though.

Dont be too sure, kate beckinsale was 24 when she did brokedown palace, she looked 16

Still cute though.

Dont be too sure, kate beckinsale was 24 when she did brokedown palace, she looked 16
Never heard of it, just watched the trailer. At least Kate had the height to grow into her body. The girl from Modern Family just looks like she'll always be tiny.

Hmmm, just checked...Sarah Hyland is an inch taller than Kunis and only 2 inches shorter than Beckinsale. Maybe I am jumping the gun. :thumbup:

btw - she played one of Howard Stern's daughters in Private Parts

you should try thinking about all three of them together instead of just one at a time.

you should try thinking about all three of them together instead of just one at a time.
That sounds like something better suited for "me time," because I think I'd have trouble pretending my wife was three people.

That sounds like something better suited for "me time," because I think I'd have trouble pretending my wife was three people.
Plus if you shouted out her name there would now be a 75% chance of being wrong.

Depends on how big your wife is.

Hyland's all good for the bank (and admitting it afterward). She's 22 I believe.

And what angle you take...

Hyland's all good for the bank (and admitting it afterward). She's 22 I believe.
She is legal. Should make a twist on the game, Dead or Alive. Now it should be legal or not.

I like how we have gone from "Al Bundy's Wife" who is "better than Peg Bundy" to household name of Sofia Vergara as the "Highest Paid Actress" on TV.

RRRRRAFI BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Great episode.The Hermione thing hit pretty close to home for my inner dirty old man.

Phil with the hedge clippers aimed at that guy's ponytail. :thumbup: