What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (1 Viewer)

Nice conclusion with Phil going to the dark side w/ Luke as his henchman. Jay using Manny as a shield and holding up a cross against the mother-in-law w/ a gun. Jay: "She was taking a treat out of my mouth. That's a trick!"

they need to send Lily off to boarding school...she's become Jar Jar Binks level annoying
I think she's a good prop for when we need to be reminded about how bad Haylie and Alex are at babysitting."Is anyone watching me?"
Yup, as long as they keep it simple to stuff like this, "should I call you a wah-mbulace" and "today ladies" she is fine.
Not impressed at all with the "new" Lilly.

they need to send Lily off to boarding school...she's become Jar Jar Binks level annoying
I think she's a good prop for when we need to be reminded about how bad Haylie and Alex are at babysitting."Is anyone watching me?"
Yup, as long as they keep it simple to stuff like this, "should I call you a wah-mbulace" and "today ladies" she is fine.
I think what made "old" Lily better was that they only gave her one or two boffo lines a show.

I think what made "old" Lily better was that they only gave her one or two boffo lines a show.
Agreed, new Lily is meh, they are making her to bratty. That being said, her throwind her bouquet at Cam and saying "What do you think?" after getting hit in the eye was hilarious.

think this show might have jumped the shark last night, with the new next-door neighbors
Funny, I thought that about last week's episode. The whole hotel room scenes were so unrealistic and Phil was even more screwball than usual. Didn't see last night's yet.

Was in Spain last week and had one channel where I could hit the reverse SAP button and get English. Caught 5 or 6 season 1/2 Modern Family episodes. There's been some good episodes here and there in recent years but holy #### were those early episodes great.

oso diablo said:
think this show might have jumped the shark last night, with the new next-door neighbors
the addition of Lily kind of did it for me. she suddenly was like 5 or something. i haven't followed the show in recent years but catch parts of it in syndication or when i am staying at a hotel. it's definitely not as funny, much less as much fun, as it used to be.

the first year was killer.

the second year was very good.

the third year, every character did EXACTLY what the cliche of their character said they would do. Eyeroll- and groan-inducing situations and dialogue.

Jumped the shark late season 2 imho. Used to be in the top 3 of our TiVo season pass list. Then was deleted after one too many stupid, obvious episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
the first year was killer.

the second year was very good.

the third year, every character did EXACTLY what the cliche of their character said they would do. Eyeroll- and groan-inducing situations and dialogue.

Jumped the shark late season 2 imho. Used to be in the top 3 of our TiVo season pass list. Then was deleted after one too many stupid, obvious episodes.
That Halloween episode was horrible and they usually were good. Do they have new writers?

The writing has been lazy and unrealistic for a while now but you'd think they would think twice about a storyline involving Hayley getting a new car during a night out of drinking.

I didn't see the last episode but this season has been painful to watch. Like a completely different show.

The mrs and I shut it down 2+ seasons ago. Waaaaay too predictable. Every single joke is expected. Every single character's reaction is exactly in line with the cliche of his/her character. And even the hot Sofia Vergara became extremely annoying as her accent got thicker, and yelling louder, as the series progressed.

The defense rests.

Users who are viewing this thread