What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Cow's Build a Killer Gaming Rig on a Budget Thread (1 Viewer)

Why a mini-ITX mobo with a large case?  I would get a bigger mobo with better features since you have the room.
I personally like the other direction, I was sick of my big computer case that just has a motherboard and a video card, so I went Micro ATX with smaller case.  I just don't see the need for much expansion now days.  The motherboard has most of what you need, then add in the big video card to finish it off.  Really user preference though, some people may have additions they want to make.

I personally like the other direction, I was sick of my big computer case that just has a motherboard and a video card, so I went Micro ATX with smaller case.  I just don't see the need for much expansion now days.  The motherboard has most of what you need, then add in the big video card to finish it off.  Really user preference though, some people may have additions they want to make.
Fair enough, but he has a big case.  If you go Mini-ITX, then grab a really small case and make it sexy.  I have 2 sitting here at my office and I am contemplating those builds myself.

So if I wanted to build something to act as a steam machine that can run No Mans Sky, and I am poor, where do I start? 

I haven't built a computer since 2002. My knowledge is fairly outdated.

I picked my parts based off of a few articles, ratings on that site and posts here. I don't actually know what I'm picking or how they fit together. The "mini" makes sense that it's smaller but I truly don't have a baseline of what's big or small and how that affects everything else.

Also, @TheAristocrat mentioned going with a pair of solid state drives. Would a pair be better than just going with one that had more GB? Tick, mentioned a 1-4 TB mechincal. So I'm guessing that 2 smaller ones are better than a single large one.

I'm not saying this trying to defend my current choices, just that if you ask why I'm doing something, I don't actually know. That said, please continue with questions or comments. They help a lot. Thank you. 

Edit: Scaled down the video card to a Radeon 480 (8GB), found a cheaper power source and went with a smaller case. Link if anyone wants to take a look. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about mini cases is that you could easily run into heat issues.  They are tiny and you are cramming a bunch of things that get hot close together.  That said, I like your build.  It looks like a solid gaming PC.

I run my OS and most non-Steam programs from a 128 GB SSD.  I then have two separate hard drives for gaming (Steam and non-Steam games).   :nerd:

Go with two SSDs over standard mechanical HDDs.  You will feel the difference in everything that you do.  With all the power you are putting into your rig, you may as well get the read/write speed from the SSDs as well.

As always, my humble opinion.  But it looks like a fun build and I think you'll really enjoy it.

Also, watch a video on installing the processor to the motherboard.  I have my own system and tend to do that THEN drop the motherboard into the case so that I don't have to deal with worrying about breaking something if I install the motherboard first.  I've learned my lesson there.

I picked my parts based off of a few articles, ratings on that site and posts here. I don't actually know what I'm picking or how they fit together. The "mini" makes sense that it's smaller but I truly don't have a baseline of what's big or small and how that affects everything else.

Also, @TheAristocrat mentioned going with a pair of solid state drives. Would a pair be better than just going with one that had more GB? Tick, mentioned a 1-4 TB mechincal. So I'm guessing that 2 smaller ones are better than a single large one.

I'm not saying this trying to defend my current choices, just that if you ask why I'm doing something, I don't actually know. That said, please continue with questions or comments. They help a lot. Thank you. 

Edit: Scaled down the video card to a Radeon 480 (8GB), found a cheaper power source and went with a smaller case. Link if anyone wants to take a look. 

Looks like a great build.  I'm not sure if it's over your budget, but I would still consider the 1070.  Almost double the performance of the 480 in some games at high resolutions.  Also, my main gaming rig has an AMD card while my Lan Party box has an nVidia card.  I've had better driver experience with the latter.  I know everyone has driver horror stories from both sides, but lately nVidia seems to be better for me.

If budget is the limiting factor, consider the 1060.  With the exception of Hitman, it outperforms the 480 and runs cooler while consuming less power.  And after a quick scan, it appears you can get it for roughly the same price as the AMD card.

That would be my only suggestion.  Looks like a great build.

I might be the most computer illiterate person that has posted in this thread so I apologize in advance. Mobo I figure is mother board. I only picked that mother board because it says "mini ITX" and I read in this thread that guys seemed approving of this. Other than that I'm not far off of just a random guess. 

Heat sink, from what I read in my google search, is the cooling fan (or cooling system). I'm okay with spending the extra few dollars on that one. This will be going in my living room as it will be replacing my PS4 and cable box and from what I understand the extra money is for noise reduction. If that's even what you're talking about. 

Also, thanks for taking the time to look and the feedback. 
You say this is going in your living room so I assume you are connecting this to your tv.  Do you have a 4K tv or plan on getting one?  If so I would splurge on the GTX1070 over the 480.  If I had to pick an area to cut back on it would be the motherboard.  I assume you are not going to be overclocking as you want to keep this as cool and quiet as possible so any motherboard should do.  Just pick the cheapest one from a real brand that has the features you need.  

For cooling I have been a fan of the self enclosed water coolers.  I have a Thermaltake one but Corsair makes some nice ones too for not much more than your air cooler.

I highly recommend SSD's for everything.  They are quieter, faster and cooler than HDD.  A 256GB is a fine size, you can always add another if you need more space down the road.

Looks like a great build.  I'm not sure if it's over your budget, but I would still consider the 1070.  Almost double the performance of the 480 in some games at high resolutions.  Also, my main gaming rig has an AMD card while my Lan Party box has an nVidia card.  I've had better driver experience with the latter.  I know everyone has driver horror stories from both sides, but lately nVidia seems to be better for me.

If budget is the limiting factor, consider the 1060.  With the exception of Hitman, it outperforms the 480 and runs cooler while consuming less power.  And after a quick scan, it appears you can get it for roughly the same price as the AMD card.

That would be my only suggestion.  Looks like a great build.
Price was a major factor. The 480 is $329 the 1070 is $565 and the 1060 is $359. I read a some comparison things and the 480 was getting good reviews so that's why I went with that over the 1060. However, I looked at another comparison and it supported what you said about the 1060 being better. I'm going to switch to the 1060. It having a larger market share liking means if I have any issues I will be able to find the solution easier. 

As for the 1070, technically I don't have a budget but since (as @abbottjamesr touched on) I will be hooking this up to a TV not monitor, I'm not sure how much the 1070 would improve over the 1060. This TV isn't 4K either. Plus, coming from a PS4 my graphical tolerance is pretty high. Really as long as everything runs smooth I'm happy. ***The only other thing that might stress my build is live streaming 3 NFL games and red zone at the same time, on the same TV.***

Thanks for the help. 1060 is going in!

On this build - am I going to notice/care about the i5 versus going with i7?
What do you plan on doing with it?  It its mostly gaming and typical desk top use then no you won't.  Video editing or CAD work you might.

If you feel you want to spend a little more I would suggest the i5-6600K and a Z170 motherboard.  This would let you do a little overclocking which is fun and would help some with games as well.

You say this is going in your living room so I assume you are connecting this to your tv.  Do you have a 4K tv or plan on getting one?  If so I would splurge on the GTX1070 over the 480.  If I had to pick an area to cut back on it would be the motherboard.  I assume you are not going to be overclocking as you want to keep this as cool and quiet as possible so any motherboard should do.  Just pick the cheapest one from a real brand that has the features you need.  

For cooling I have been a fan of the self enclosed water coolers.  I have a Thermaltake one but Corsair makes some nice ones too for not much more than your air cooler.

I highly recommend SSD's for everything.  They are quieter, faster and cooler than HDD.  A 256GB is a fine size, you can always add another if you need more space down the road.
You are correct that I won't be overclocking. I don't even really know how what this is, much less how to do this. The one currently have I chose because it has Z ports instead of H ports (again don't really know what this means) and that is supposed to be better. 

The 256 SSD is what I've started with but after some others mentioned it, that really isn't enough. My 500GB PS4 only made it a few months before I have to start erasing something everytime I started something new. And that only has games and Netflix on it. The idea of adding as I go/need could work too. Do prices dip much on SSDs?

You are correct that I won't be overclocking. I don't even really know how what this is, much less how to do this. The one currently have I chose because it has Z ports instead of H ports (again don't really know what this means) and that is supposed to be better. 

The 256 SSD is what I've started with but after some others mentioned it, that really isn't enough. My 500GB PS4 only made it a few months before I have to start erasing something everytime I started something new. And that only has games and Netflix on it. The idea of adding as I go/need could work too. Do prices dip much on SSDs?
They have been steadily decreasing over the last 3 years.  If you can swing 500 GB go for it.  I was just commenting on places to save a couple bucks to get a better Graphics card as it will be the most noticeable improvement in performance.  The H serises chipset should be adequate.  Don't know what the prices are like in Canadia but this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130901 is $73 here and more than enough if  you are not overclocking.

you can get some pretty good sales on SSD's I think.  One thing to consider though, is that I don't think you can split something like a steam library across multiple disks.  I use a 128SSD for my boot disk and have a 4TB hybrid for games.  I don't think I'm losing that much because of it.  A little bit in load times, but I think that's a good tradeoff to not have to play the crap my ssd is full, I need to try and shuffle things around to get this new game I want to play.  Yes SSD has better performance, but not as much while you are playing as the active files are loaded into memory.  I think you mainly would take a hit when it's trying to load up a new area.

They have been steadily decreasing over the last 3 years.  If you can swing 500 GB go for it.  I was just commenting on places to save a couple bucks to get a better Graphics card as it will be the most noticeable improvement in performance.  The H serises chipset should be adequate.  Don't know what the prices are like in Canadia but this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130901 is $73 here and more than enough if  you are not overclocking.
Awesome. It's $110 in CAD. Added it in. 

you can get some pretty good sales on SSD's I think.  One thing to consider though, is that I don't think you can split something like a steam library across multiple disks.  I use a 128SSD for my boot disk and have a 4TB hybrid for games.  I don't think I'm losing that much because of it.  A little bit in load times, but I think that's a good tradeoff to not have to play the crap my ssd is full, I need to try and shuffle things around to get this new game I want to play.  Yes SSD has better performance, but not as much while you are playing as the active files are loaded into memory.  I think you mainly would take a hit when it's trying to load up a new area.
@TheAristocrat mentioned having a one for a boot, one for steam and one for non steam games. I was under the impression that just all PC were on and bought through Steam. How many non Steams do you get? And how many do you keep on your drive? Say you play Madden, you could own multiple games but there isn't much reason to keep the old one once you get the new one. Just trying to get a feel for the size needed for non Steam games. 

It seems unanimous that an SSD should be used for the boot. After that is where things get murky. Just a single but larger SSD? Two SSD? Three? SSD + large hybrid? 

@TheAristocrat mentioned having a one for a boot, one for steam and one for non steam games. I was under the impression that just all PC were on and bought through Steam. How many non Steams do you get? And how many do you keep on your drive? Say you play Madden, you could own multiple games but there isn't much reason to keep the old one once you get the new one. Just trying to get a feel for the size needed for non Steam games. 

It seems unanimous that an SSD should be used for the boot. After that is where things get murky. Just a single but larger SSD? Two SSD? Three? SSD + large hybrid? 
I would keep things simple.  If you have the budget, just get a single 500GB or 1TB SSD.  If you don't have the budget, go for a 128GB or 256GB SSD plus a 2TB+ HDD.

Hybrid drives are a waste.  

Multiple SSDs in RAID can up the performance, but you take a reliability risk and frankly most won't notice the speed difference between a single SSD and a RAID setup.  

The 850 EVO is a great value drive.  Good performance at a lower cost.  I put a 1TB version in my server and it's great.  

I only have a couple games on Steam.  All of EA's stuff goes through Origin and Ubisoft has there own app as well.  I suppose it depends on what type of gaming you plan on doing on your PC and who distributes them.  In my gaming PC I have a 250 GB SSD for my boot drive and non game applications, a 500Gb SSD for games. and 2 4tb drives in raid 1 for storage.  

Going with Samsung the 120 is $86, 250 is $114, 500 is $199 and 1TB is $398.

It seems at 500 the price ratio gains stop. It seems that everyone devotes a SSD to boot. Is there any benefit in doing this? Or would it just be better to jam everything onto a 1 TB? I would think that having a 1 TB would be best since the full amount of storage would always be available, regardless of what you're using. No?

Current build.

It seems at 500 the price ratio gains stop. It seems that everyone devotes a SSD to boot. Is there any benefit in doing this? Or would it just be better to jam everything onto a 1 TB? I would think that having a 1 TB would be best since the full amount of storage would always be available, regardless of what you're using. No?
I have a small one for the boot as when I bought my first one it was only 40GB.  As the prices have dropped I have upgraded over the years.  Had a 128 for a while then the 256 and add the 500 after the 256 wasn't enough.  There is no reason not to get the 1 TB that I can think of other than price.  You can get the 500 now and in a year when you need more space buy another for half the price or a 1TB then if the price is right.

Current build.
Yes, if the $398 fits your budget it is the best option.  Put it all on one drive.  You will boot faster and games will load faster too (both vs a HDD).

No need for two drives, unless you're geeky and want to raid.  You won't notice the speed difference of 2x512 SSD vs 1x1TB SSD.

Yes, if the $398 fits your budget it is the best option.  Put it all on one drive.  You will boot faster and games will load faster too (both vs a HDD).

No need for two drives, unless you're geeky and want to raid.  You won't notice the speed difference of 2x512 SSD vs 1x1TB SSD.
What about just going with a 500GB to start then adding one later?

What about just going with a 500GB to start then adding one later?

That works too.  SSDs are continually dropping in price.  If 500GB holds all the games you could want today (it likely will, unless you play lots of games at the same time) then starting with a smaller drive and adding later is a perfectly viable route to go.

Alright, final build. *Unless someone has more suggestions.*

Thanks to every for your help and dealing with my cringe worthy questions. 
Double check your motherboard.  You want an H170 chipset not a H110.  The processor will fit in the H110 but it is very limited.  You also have a "K" series processor picked which is a great processor, but the K part means it is unlocked for overclocking, however the H170 chipset is locked and won't overclock it.  You need a Z170 board for overclocking.  Two options.

1.  Get a Z170 board like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157675 and keep the 6600K 

2. Get a H170 board like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157641 and get a 6600 

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.

Double check your motherboard.  You want an H170 chipset not a H110.  The processor will fit in the H110 but it is very limited.  You also have a "K" series processor picked which is a great processor, but the K part means it is unlocked for overclocking, however the H170 chipset is locked and won't overclock it.  You need a Z170 board for overclocking.  Two options.

1.  Get a Z170 board like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157675 and keep the 6600K 

2. Get a H170 board like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157641 and get a 6600 

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.
How's this look? 

I'm pretty excited. I just need to figure out the best way to buy. Discounts vs shipping fees vs "mail in rebates" that I'm not sure about. 

I'm pretty excited. I just need to figure out the best way to buy. Discounts vs shipping fees vs "mail in rebates" that I'm not sure about. 
You guys have amazon up north?  I've found with prime they are often cheaper overall than newegg these days.

Quick question. The 1060 that I currently have is the OC (over clock) version. Since I'm not going to be over clocking, does this mean that I should be getting a different card? Or does it mean that it's already over clocked?

Edit: The non OC on Amazon is $56 cheaper. 

Quick question. The 1060 that I currently have is the OC (over clock) version. Since I'm not going to be over clocking, does this mean that I should be getting a different card?
I believe that is simply referring to the card being delivered already overclocked.. does not mean you need to OC your CPU.

I believe that is simply referring to the card being delivered already overclocked.. does not mean you need to OC your CPU.
Thank you. Thought maybe it meant it was just unlocked for over clocking. Like the "k" on the i5 6600k. Thank you for clearing that up. 

Wow, Fry's came through and my gaming PC is DONE!  Have an Acer Predator XB1 monitor to pair with my GTX 1080, looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet setup, and I'm going to have a fun gaming yea. I've been holing off on all the next gen of games until I finished building this.  In line:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Fallout 4
  • Far Cry 4
  • Witcher 3
  • Boarderlands: the pre-sequeal

Wow, Fry's came through and my gaming PC is DONE!  Have an Acer Predator XB1 monitor to pair with my GTX 1080, looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet setup, and I'm going to have a fun gaming yea. I've been holing off on all the next gen of games until I finished building this.  In line:

• Fallout 4
  • Far Cry 4
  • Witcher 3
Far Cry 4 has been fun. I have been replaying it with my son.  He gets a kick out of hunting the animals and riding on elephants.

BF1 Beta released today as well and BF4 is like $5 now and still the best online shooter IMO.

NOT A GAMING RIG QUESTION: 

but seeking laptop advice from the whiz guys in here... buddy looking to drop 5-600 on a windows laptop to be used for typical MS office work, audio editing, web browsing, etc 

13-15" size. Optical drive is nice but not required. 

hes looking at these options. Either better? Much better options in this price range? 

https://www.amazon.com/m6-ae151dx-Envy-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Notebook/dp/B0187O19UU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473816335&sr=8-2&keywords=HP+Envy

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Q304UA-BBI5T10-2---1-i5-6200U/dp/B01HAQHE3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473818324&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+q304ua

Sorry I'm way out of the loop on PC laptops but wanna help the guy out.

TIA!!! 

[icon] said:
NOT A GAMING RIG QUESTION: 

Seeking laptop advice from the whiz guys in here...

A good Buddy looking to drop $5-600 on a windows laptop to be used for typical MS office work, audio editing, web browsing, etc. He's looking for something in the 13-15" size. Optical drive is nice but not required. 

He's looking at these options. Is either better? Are there better options in this price range? 

https://www.amazon.com/m6-ae151dx-Envy-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-Notebook/dp/B0187O19UU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473816335&sr=8-2&keywords=HP+Envy

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Q304UA-BBI5T10-2---1-i5-6200U/dp/B01HAQHE3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473818324&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+q304ua

Sorry I'm way out of the loop on PC laptops but wanna help the guy out.

TIA!!! 
Bump :popcorn:

Any thoughts before I pull the trigger on this tomorrow?

Shopping Cart

$229.00

$149.99

$79.27

$89.99

$90.53

$156.99

$27.95

$449.95

Any thoughts before I pull the trigger on this tomorrow?

Shopping Cart

$229.00

$149.99

$79.27

$89.99

$90.53

$156.99

$27.95

$449.95

That's almost identical to the system I built, bet you'll love it, hope you have a 2K+ monitor to pair with that card as it looks great at those resolutions.  I have a 1080 and have just started some stuff at 2560x1440.

Only other comment is that overall storage is a little small for a big gaming system.  My recommendation has been smaller SSD with a larger gaming storage drive, but a lot guys prefer a second SSD for gaming also.  Better performance for sure, but if you want a 1TB+ drive they get cost prohibitive.

Up to you, and I'm sure you can migrate steam at a later date if you fill things, either way, bet you'll love the system.

Looking to run a heavily modded Skyrim SE on this system:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jordanmckell/saved/TfZ8TW

As is, it recommends running on medium settings. Any thoughts on what I would need to get it running at highest quality settings, especially with graphics mods factored in? A GeForce GTX 1060, maybe? I'm usually a console gamer, so when it comes to video cards I'm a bit uneducated.

My kid spends more time on the rig I built in this thread than I do. I built on lg1150 right after the 1151 stuff released to save money. I'm gonna gift it to the person who uses it and start a new build. Prices should come way down after the holiday. The Asus version of that 8gb 1070 above was $335 on black Friday and is reportedly going to be 299 soon. 

• Fallout 4
  • Far Cry 4
  • Witcher 3
Really enjoyed the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon cyber game they did.  It was free for a while with installation of the ubisoft UPlay client, not sure about now though.  

Finished a new computer upgrade, basically a new build. Got a new case, cause the old one didn't have any kind of cable management. Was able to reuse my CPU Cooler, PSU and hard drives. Replaced most everything else. Here's the PC Parts Picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkxNsJ

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor = $279
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler = Owned/Reuse
Motherboard - Asus Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard = $95 (was $145 before rebate -$25, bundle w/CPU -30)
Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory = $89
Storage - OCZ 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive = Owned/Reuse
Video Card - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card = $207 (listed $270 - employee matched open box price with a new card)
Case - Antec P100 ATX Mid Tower Case = $79
Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling 750W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply = Owned/Reuse

Bought separately
SATA card for eSata - $35

Overall cost out the door at MicroCenter was just over $800 with tax. I can add more RAM later (was going to go with 32 but saved about $100 there). Have 6 other HDs not listed, I really wanted to add a 3 or 4 GB HD and replace the smaller ones, but will do that later as an upgrade. The video card deal surprised the crap outta me - one employee started to bring out an open box version for my to look at, the previous employee I had worked with saw him, said put it in the back room until he can help me, when he went to get it, it was no where to be found. So he marked a brand new card at the open-box price - not bad for waiting 10m for him looking for it.

My last PC build from the Motherboard up was 2009, so I was definitely due. It had been upgraded a few times, and it held up pretty well for it's age (i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz). I had it OCed to 3Ghz for a while, but put it back to stock speeds after I started having some instability a year ago or so.

New computer and case is much better sound-wise, I can barely hear it. Only 5 fans (2 case, 2GPU, 1PSU), and the CPU gets clocked down and fans barely spin when not gaming.

Pulled the Trigger on this build, 

Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Black Brushed Aluminum and Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case ATX (not included) Power Supply

ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards - Intel

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop Processor

CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler, CW-9060016-WW

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E500B/AM

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Memory Kit Model CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

Reusing existing parts 

Corsair RMX 850W

PowerColor PCS+ Radeon R9 380 DirectX 12 AXR9 380 4GBD5-PPDHEV2 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

Thoughts?

ETA

Although I've changed many parts before, this will be my first ground up build 

My son built a computer on a very tight ~$225 budget.  He didn't have enough to get a graphics card and I'd like to get him one for Xmas.  This is the motherboard he bought--anyone have a recommendation for a graphics card that would fit? ~$50-75 budget.

Thx

Is this still the active build thread?

What's the play right now on a video card? They all seem stupid expensive right now thanks to the farmers.  I'm still playing with a 770 and am desperate for more power.  Microcenter has a 1070TI for $499 (!) after rebate. I can't even touch a 1080TI.  

Oh and needs to fit in an Ncase.

I really need to build a new home rig.  Current one is 2 whole years old. :bag:   That said, it currently has a GTX 1080, purchased about a year ago, so that would transfer to the new one. 

@Nick Vermeil, I would say the 1070 is a great way to go if you can.  I have 2 spare cards sitting unused if you want to get one cheaper.  A 670 and a 970.  I really need to dump those in this GPU crazy market.

I really need to build a new home rig.  Current one is 2 whole years old. :bag:   That said, it currently has a GTX 1080, purchased about a year ago, so that would transfer to the new one. 

@Nick Vermeil, I would say the 1070 is a great way to go if you can.  I have 2 spare cards sitting unused if you want to get one cheaper.  A 670 and a 970.  I really need to dump those in this GPU crazy market.
Thanks. Any real difference between 1070 and 1070ti other than clock speed?

Users who are viewing this thread