What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Cow's Build a Killer Gaming Rig on a Budget Thread (3 Viewers)

In all seriousness if anyone knows of a good tutorial for a complete beginner I am all ears. I can list all the parts I bought if that would help. Seems like I want to start with the motherboard, get the CPU and the RAM on there, then mount it to the case and off we go. 
So far sounds right,  Good luck.....

The motherboard should come with some pretty easy step by step instructions of assembly and putting it into a case.  You should be ok, but feel free to post any specific questions here.  I don't remember my exact order of steps, I think it was prep the mother board first by installing the CPU socket and maybe CPU, then prepping the case by installing the Power Supply, next installing the MB into the case, then attaching the DIMM, CPU heatsink, and PCIE cards.  Next connecting up the cables, Power supply cables to MB and accessories, USB cables from MB to the case, fan cables, etc.  After that hit the power button.

Took me a few nights (probably around 5 hours total) but I got everything up and running. Hardest thing was installing the liquid cooler/fan thingy, at first I didn't realize there was a bracket inside my case that I had to take out and then mount the radiator on one side and the fans on the other. 

Created a steam account and bought a few games - anything real basic I should do to optimize this thing for gaming or is it pretty much ready to go? I am a complete newbie when it comes to PC gaming. 

Moe. said:
Took me a few nights (probably around 5 hours total) but I got everything up and running. Hardest thing was installing the liquid cooler/fan thingy, at first I didn't realize there was a bracket inside my case that I had to take out and then mount the radiator on one side and the fans on the other. 

Created a steam account and bought a few games - anything real basic I should do to optimize this thing for gaming or is it pretty much ready to go? I am a complete newbie when it comes to PC gaming. 
Wow, liquid cooling, you went all out for a first gaming PC.  I'm a huge gamer and I just use fans.  Glad to hear it went together all right.

I'd say no optimizing needed, just install and play.

Yeah the cooling element was the one part I had done next to no research on and what I ended up buying was only $10 more than the fan I was planning on buying. The guy at Micro Center probably sold me a little on that one. Seems unnecessary but it has pretty lights on it.

Never did make my little post for the new PC I built last winter.  Better late than never I guess.  😌

This was my old PC, which @theglorydayswas kind enough to sell me way below market value at the time.  It was a quality build back in 2011 I believe.  He used it to edit his youtube videos.  A “surfboard” these days: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12990330

This is the new PC, the first one I ever built- a “UFO” 🤓https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13565462 

This thing eats video games for breakfast.  I wanted something that would be effectively ‘futureproof’ and could handle VR etc.  Price wasn’t a real big concern, just top end performance.  It’s nice being able to ratchet up the settings on ultra, max out the field of view and stuff like that. 

My only real regret is installing a basic cooling fan.  I could get a lot more performance out of this thing with a liquid coolant setup.  I’ve been looking at getting something off EKWB (though I’m certainly open to suggestions). 

The Steam VR benchmark would register temps around 180°F on the graphics card IIRC.  Once I get that all square I plan on getting the Valve Index (and probably upgrading these ancient monitors).  Clearly I don’t have any kids.  Add me on steam if you’d like, at “renho3k”.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My only real regret is installing a basic cooling fan.  I could get a lot more performance out of this thing with a liquid coolant setup.  I’ve been looking at getting something off EKWB (though I’m certainly open to suggestions). 
If you have waited this long you might wait to see how the production models of "thermosiphon" coolers work in the real world. It's an interesting tech and seems to make sense, but I'd like to see how the production model(s) perform....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13dWRL9qkc

Some tests seem to point that liquid coolers aren't that much better than conventional fans with heat pipes anyway(both in terms of cooling and sound).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

* I'm not a huge advocate for Linus and I realize a whole lot of people don't like him, but I do like the topics he covers and they seem very relevant for this particular thread. 

I'm not building a desktop but am looking at this laptop to use for work/gaming. I know it's overkill for any work I need to do (and probably overkill for any gaming I do also) but I also want something that is going to last me a long while. Probably for the rest of my gaming career. Who am I kidding here, I'm 50. LOL. 

Acer Predator Helios 300

i7-9750H Processor
GeForce GTX 1660Ti
15.6" 144 MHz display
16 GB DDR4 Memory
512 GB SSID Storage

$1129.99 on Amazon

I'm not super price sensitive and this seems to be at the top end of whatever I need/am looking for. I don't necessarily need to wait for a price drop or anything and really need another laptop in the house. Been using my work laptop a lot but don't necessarily want to continue using it for personal stuff if it can be avoided. My wife uses her Chromebook the majority of the time so I just need something with a little more flexibility i.e. gaming capabilities.

After eye-balling it, anything on there that raises a red flag?  

I'm not building a desktop but am looking at this laptop to use for work/gaming. I know it's overkill for any work I need to do (and probably overkill for any gaming I do also) but I also want something that is going to last me a long while. Probably for the rest of my gaming career. Who am I kidding here, I'm 50. LOL. 

Acer Predator Helios 300

i7-9750H Processor
GeForce GTX 1660Ti
15.6" 144 MHz display
16 GB DDR4 Memory
512 GB SSID Storage

$1129.99 on Amazon

I'm not super price sensitive and this seems to be at the top end of whatever I need/am looking for. I don't necessarily need to wait for a price drop or anything and really need another laptop in the house. Been using my work laptop a lot but don't necessarily want to continue using it for personal stuff if it can be avoided. My wife uses her Chromebook the majority of the time so I just need something with a little more flexibility i.e. gaming capabilities.

After eye-balling it, anything on there that raises a red flag?  
Depends on how heavy of a gamer you are, that 512GB storage may be a little bit on the low side.  I have a separate "games" drive that has 533GB on it right now.  My OS drive which doesn't really have anything besides the Win10 is at 65GB.  So in my case, I'd already have that filled without even adding on the work software you may need office, etc.  If you aren't a heavy gamer, don't install too many of the huge tier 1 games, and don't mind removing some old stuff to make room for new, you are probably good, but just wanted to bring it up.

Besides that, the base specs look good to me (though admittedly I'm not 100% up to where different graphics cards line up right now).

Depends on how heavy of a gamer you are, that 512GB storage may be a little bit on the low side.  I have a separate "games" drive that has 533GB on it right now.  My OS drive which doesn't really have anything besides the Win10 is at 65GB.  So in my case, I'd already have that filled without even adding on the work software you may need office, etc.  If you aren't a heavy gamer, don't install too many of the huge tier 1 games, and don't mind removing some old stuff to make room for new, you are probably good, but just wanted to bring it up.

Besides that, the base specs look good to me (though admittedly I'm not 100% up to where different graphics cards line up right now).
These were the comparisons I was going off. Increasing the graphics card further to the right ended up with a few hundred dollars more in cost so I settled there a little bit. I still think it's going to be more than I need. I haven't gamed on a computer for so long I don't even know where to start so there are plenty of games out there that I haven't played that would fit within the limitations of this card. Not looking for any VR either so I think that the GTX 1660 Ti should suffice.

Processor: Ryzen 3 3200U < Ryzen 5 2500U < Ryzen 5 3500U < i5-8265U < Ryzen 5 3550H < i5-8300H < i5-9300H = Ryzen 7 3750H < i7-8750H < i7-9750H < i7-9700K

Graphics Card: Vega 3 < Vega 8 < MX250 < GTX 1050 Ti < GTX 1650 < GTX 1060 < GTX 1660 Ti < RTX 2060 < GTX 1080 < RTX 2070 < RTX 2080

There is an additional 2.5" slot that I can use if needed to add another 250GB SSD for $45 or so. 

Building myself a home/office/some gaming desktop.

I built a $500 rig for my son 2 years ago, but I went part for part with a YouTube video I found.  It has worked well for him, but I want to put a little more research into this computer.

So, I've tentatively spec'ed out the system listed below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core 3.4GHz AM4 - $124.99

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX - $114.99

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200 - $76.99

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB - $70.99

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2 TB - $50.99

GPU: XFX Radeon FATBOY 8GB 1580MHz - $199.99  

Case: Cooler Master MB311L Micro ATX - $59.99

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO - $34.99

PSU: Silverstone 550W GOLD - $84.99

Monitor: Acer HA270 27" 75Hz 4msLED Gaming Monitor (x2) $279.98

Keyboard: G.Skill KM360 Mechanical Keyboard - $49.99

Mouse: IMICE Gaming Mouse - $28.99

Total: $      1,177.87

I was hoping to keep it in the $1,000 ballpark.  I'm considering leaving out the GPU which would cut the total to $977.88.  I'm definitely not a hardcore gamer.  I have a PS4, but I would definitely like the ability to step into the PC realm at some point.

So, does anything stick out as ridiculous or outdated?  I understand how to make things work together, but really have no idea if what I'm picking is the latest/greatest.  Is this build somewhat future-proof?

Also, talk to me about M.2 SSD's.  Is the only real advantage saving space?  What is the difference between PCIE and SATA?  Are they interchangeable?

TIA

These were the comparisons I was going off. Increasing the graphics card further to the right ended up with a few hundred dollars more in cost so I settled there a little bit. I still think it's going to be more than I need. I haven't gamed on a computer for so long I don't even know where to start so there are plenty of games out there that I haven't played that would fit within the limitations of this card. Not looking for any VR either so I think that the GTX 1660 Ti should suffice.

Processor: Ryzen 3 3200U < Ryzen 5 2500U < Ryzen 5 3500U < i5-8265U < Ryzen 5 3550H < i5-8300H < i5-9300H = Ryzen 7 3750H < i7-8750H < i7-9750H < i7-9700K

Graphics Card: Vega 3 < Vega 8 < MX250 < GTX 1050 Ti < GTX 1650 < GTX 1060 < GTX 1660 Ti < RTX 2060 < GTX 1080 < RTX 2070 < RTX 2080

There is an additional 2.5" slot that I can use if needed to add another 250GB SSD for $45 or so. 
I was pretty much shopping in the exact same market as you last summer, and got this Alienware for about $1400.  It had the RTX 2060 which is maybe a marginal graphics card upgrade.  I don't think I've played anything released post-2012 on it yet, so I haven't pushed the limits, but by all accounts that is way more power than I needed.  I settled for the 512 GB SSD, and it has been plenty for me as I pretty much play one game at a time and delete them when I'm done.  I also have a cheap external hard drive for music/photos, etc.  The Alienware keyboard just felt a little more high-end to me than some of its competitors in this space, which was important for me because it's still primarily a work laptop. YMMV.

I was pretty much shopping in the exact same market as you last summer, and got this Alienware for about $1400.  It had the RTX 2060 which is maybe a marginal graphics card upgrade.  I don't think I've played anything released post-2012 on it yet, so I haven't pushed the limits, but by all accounts that is way more power than I needed.  I settled for the 512 GB SSD, and it has been plenty for me as I pretty much play one game at a time and delete them when I'm done.  I also have a cheap external hard drive for music/photos, etc.  The Alienware keyboard just felt a little more high-end to me than some of its competitors in this space, which was important for me because it's still primarily a work laptop. YMMV.
I ended up going with the above mentioned rig and it arrived yesterday. Haven't maxxed it out yet so I'll need to find some games to see how it performs. My standards are low considering my last new computer was purchased about 10 years ago. I'm sure it's going to be eons better than anything I was expecting.

Building myself a home/office/some gaming desktop.

I built a $500 rig for my son 2 years ago, but I went part for part with a YouTube video I found.  It has worked well for him, but I want to put a little more research into this computer.

So, I've tentatively spec'ed out the system listed below:

I was hoping to keep it in the $1,000 ballpark.  I'm considering leaving out the GPU which would cut the total to $977.88.  I'm definitely not a hardcore gamer.  I have a PS4, but I would definitely like the ability to step into the PC realm at some point.

So, does anything stick out as ridiculous or outdated?  I understand how to make things work together, but really have no idea if what I'm picking is the latest/greatest.  Is this build somewhat future-proof?

Also, talk to me about M.2 SSD's.  Is the only real advantage saving space?  What is the difference between PCIE and SATA?  Are they interchangeable?

TIA
I don't know anything about the AMD chips and i'm behind on what good video cards are now.  General comment would be that 1080P monitor resolution seems a bit on the light side for a 27 inch monitor.  Even for just work when you get to that size it's nice to be in a 2K or 4K monitor, i'd probably prefer 1 higher resolution and then adding a second later if you really wanted to (I think your spec meant getting 2 monitors).

On your SSD question, M.2 is just a SSD formfactor, many mother boards already have a M.2 slot built into them so it's a free place to put a drive without having to cable or install rails.  A PCIE NVME drive is much faster than a SATA SSD.

I don't know anything about the AMD chips and i'm behind on what good video cards are now.  General comment would be that 1080P monitor resolution seems a bit on the light side for a 27 inch monitor.  Even for just work when you get to that size it's nice to be in a 2K or 4K monitor, i'd probably prefer 1 higher resolution and then adding a second later if you really wanted to (I think your spec meant getting 2 monitors).

On your SSD question, M.2 is just a SSD formfactor, many mother boards already have a M.2 slot built into them so it's a free place to put a drive without having to cable or install rails.  A PCIE NVME drive is much faster than a SATA SSD.
Thanks.  Yeah, definitely going with 2 monitors.  I have 2 at work, and there's no way I'm ever going back to anything less.  The $279 is for 2.  I'll price out 2-4k's, but I don't want them taking up too much of my budget.

For reference, this monitor is what I use at work.

I’m overdue on my rebuild by 3+ years. I’ll spec everything out when I’m finished picking everything, but here’s what I’m looking at so far:

I-9  processor 10 core 3.3 (Skylake X)

Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II ATX board (LGA2066)

Mid-level NVIDIA/Radeon graphics card (leaning toward NVIDIA after a long time with Radeon)

64 GB (16x4) DDR4 Corsair or G.SKILL 3200

Another liquid CPU cooler (probably another EVGA since I’ve had bad luck with Corsair)

1 TB M2 SSD

Osaurus said:
I’m overdue on my rebuild by 3+ years. I’ll spec everything out when I’m finished picking everything, but here’s what I’m looking at so far:

I-9  processor 10 core 3.3 (Skylake X)

Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II ATX board (LGA2066)

Mid-level NVIDIA/Radeon graphics card (leaning toward NVIDIA after a long time with Radeon)

64 GB (16x4) DDR4 Corsair or G.SKILL 3200

Another liquid CPU cooler (probably another EVGA since I’ve had bad luck with Corsair)

1 TB M2 SSD
Personally I think you are putting your money in the wrong place here. From what I know I9's are super expensive. If this is mainly for gaming I'd drop the processor down a notch or two and up the graphics card. If you can't go top end on both, I think the GPU is the best target. Either way sounds like it will be a killer system.

My computer is awesome, but I’m still using LED monitors that came out around  2011 or so.  I guess my logic was I couldn’t see better than 1080p anyway. 

Any recommendations on some 4K monitors?  Something in the 21-25” range?  Those curved ones seem pretty nice.  

Personally I think you are putting your money in the wrong place here. From what I know I9's are super expensive. If this is mainly for gaming I'd drop the processor down a notch or two and up the graphics card. If you can't go top end on both, I think the GPU is the best target. Either way sounds like it will be a killer system.
Looking at this graphics card. Thoughts?

I'm on furlough for 90 days and don't have my own computer anymore.  The corporate PC (Lenovo P50 with quaddro graphics card) automatically calls up the corporate VPN for all connections.  Plus, I don't have admin rights on that computer.

I didn't want my company to snoop on me during the furlough (nor for me to be tempted to look at my emails), so I installed a new M.2 NVme SSD for $50 in the machine and set the boot preference to that HD. Installed a fresh WIN10 OS, and waa laa, my own laptop to do what I want with.

Installed Steam and loaded up GTA Vice City that I bought like 10 years ago. Ran great.

Looking at this graphics card. Thoughts?
That's a good card, EVGA is the same brand I use, I have one of the TI versions from a couple years back.  I still think you are imbalanced between the graphics card and processor. You are looking at a super overkill on processor with an average level graphics card.  I'd recommend starting with an i5 processor going up to a 2080 graphics card and seeing how comfortable you are with the budge there.  If you have headroom, I'd consider an upgrade to the i7 proc, and again see where you feel you are on budget, if you still feel like you have more room, I'd upgrade to the 2080 TI, before I consider the upgrade to the i9.

I run an i5 w/ my 1080 TI card, and I don't think I'm suffering in games at all.  An i7 wouldn't hurt, but I just don't see any need to spend the extra couple hundred or more to upgrade to the i9, you just won't see a big difference in game, where you'll probably see a difference from the 2070 to 2080 if you want to run high settings.  Also, I see you are looking at skylake processors, they are an older generation right now, again backing off the i9 and going up to the most recent generation may give you a better bang for your buck, but as I said before, any way you decide this, you are going to end up with a great system.

That's a good card, EVGA is the same brand I use, I have one of the TI versions from a couple years back.  I still think you are imbalanced between the graphics card and processor. You are looking at a super overkill on processor with an average level graphics card.  I'd recommend starting with an i5 processor going up to a 2080 graphics card and seeing how comfortable you are with the budge there.  If you have headroom, I'd consider an upgrade to the i7 proc, and again see where you feel you are on budget, if you still feel like you have more room, I'd upgrade to the 2080 TI, before I consider the upgrade to the i9.

I run an i5 w/ my 1080 TI card, and I don't think I'm suffering in games at all.  An i7 wouldn't hurt, but I just don't see any need to spend the extra couple hundred or more to upgrade to the i9, you just won't see a big difference in game, where you'll probably see a difference from the 2070 to 2080 if you want to run high settings.  Also, I see you are looking at skylake processors, they are an older generation right now, again backing off the i9 and going up to the most recent generation may give you a better bang for your buck, but as I said before, any way you decide this, you are going to end up with a great system.
For some reason Newegg has the processors listed as Skylake when they’re actually the X series, but I hear what you’re saying. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Before the stuff hit the fan, we bought our daughter this setup link from Microcenter in Denver.and it is a pretty solid machine. I bought at 3 TB external for her to avoid gumming up the SSD. 

I need to seriously upgrade my 10 year old machine as last night I got my first BSOD from it. I am going to be working from home for at least another 60 days, so now seems like the perfect time to start. I want to keep it around $1,000--$1,200. Any thoughts or should I just go buy another one like I got my daughter? 

Before the stuff hit the fan, we bought our daughter this setup link from Microcenter in Denver.and it is a pretty solid machine. I bought at 3 TB external for her to avoid gumming up the SSD. 

I need to seriously upgrade my 10 year old machine as last night I got my first BSOD from it. I am going to be working from home for at least another 60 days, so now seems like the perfect time to start. I want to keep it around $1,000--$1,200. Any thoughts or should I just go buy another one like I got my daughter? 
Sorry, I don't know enough about AMD processors or anything about the mfg to comment on this.  Not saying AMD is bad, actually they may have the better parts right, I'm just not familiar with their different series to know if I'd recommend the one you list or anything.  Hopefully someone else here has some more experience with them.  Though a generic question to help out would be, what do you plan to do with the system?  Gaming, work stuff, just internet and e-mail, video editing, etc.

Sorry, I don't know enough about AMD processors or anything about the mfg to comment on this.  Not saying AMD is bad, actually they may have the better parts right, I'm just not familiar with their different series to know if I'd recommend the one you list or anything.  Hopefully someone else here has some more experience with them.  Though a generic question to help out would be, what do you plan to do with the system?  Gaming, work stuff, just internet and e-mail, video editing, etc.
I was a hardcore PC gamer for years, but then as the consoles because more competitive and I didn't want to buy a new graphics card each year, I gravitated away from PC gaming. I really want to get back in--so gaming and managing photo/video storage for my family would be the priority items. 

Anyone actually swear by the curved monitors?  I guess for the 49 inch one I can see the value, but in the 27-32 inch space, I always thought it was kinda a gimmick, though admittedly have never gamed on one.
Apparently the G9 (49 inch) is on preorder at Amazon for $1,700.  Looks awesome and all but sheesh.  I read the G7 (32 inch) is going for around $650 though.  I’m used to playing on flat 21” monitors so the 32 would probably look massive to me.  This is one area where I need an update, badly.  

Apparently the G9 (49 inch) is on preorder at Amazon for $1,700.  Looks awesome and all but sheesh.  I read the G7 (32 inch) is going for around $650 though.  I’m used to playing on flat 21” monitors so the 32 would probably look massive to me.  This is one area where I need an update, badly.  
Seems like a good price on the 32.  

E Street Brat said:
I run 3 21 inch monitors and have 4th 15 inch mounted above the center 21 inch. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBOn3JpJP33/?igshid=1bqt2j7jco5kv

Edit to add pic
WOW, THAT'S A SERIOUS MONITOR CONFIG!!!  What games can utilize that 3 across format?  I can see it's mainly for racing games, but does anything else really take advantage of that?  Looks like that 49 inch Ren posted would be right up your alley.

And what's the extra 4x3 monitor for up top, just still had one laying around you needed to use :)?

Noob question here

I have a 3rd monitor with a vga output.  I bought a vga to dvi adapter on amazon thinking it would work with my videocard.  But apparently (if I’m reading this graphic right)  it’s one directional, meaning that the adapter only works with a dvi input and vga output.  I hooked it up to my PC but the computer is not detecting a signal from the 3rd monitor.  Everything is plugged in etc.

Am I missing something here or do I just need to buy a vga -> dvi connector (as opposed to dvi -> vga)?  

Anyone here interested in a an AIO EVGA 120mm liquid CPU cooler? I have a brand new one in the unopened box that I have no use for. Amazon link. I’ll ship it to you if you cover shipping. PM me if you’re interested. 

Anyone here interested in a an AIO EVGA 120mm liquid CPU cooler? I have a brand new one in the unopened box that I have no use for. Amazon link. I’ll ship it to you if you cover shipping. PM me if you’re interested. 
I may be, not sure if what I'm considering would really need it.  I'm finally looking at building a new machine after all these years.  I've done steady upgrades, and the thing just keeps performing, but I'm just kind of ready.  Let me know what people think about the following:

Graphics:  ASRock RX5600xt  $270 

CPU: r5 3600X  $220

MB: MSI MPG x570 $170

RAM: GSKILL Aegis $63

SSD: Adata xpg sx8200 2TB $120

Power Supply: Corsair 650W $85

CaseNZXT H510 $70

That would put me in around $1000.  I may take the storage to 2TB, but I could always do that later as well.  Any thoughts/recommendations appreciated.  Not really big on overclocking.

I may be, not sure if what I'm considering would really need it.  I'm finally looking at building a new machine after all these years.  I've done steady upgrades, and the thing just keeps performing, but I'm just kind of ready.  Let me know what people think about the following:

CaseNZXT H510 $70

That would put me in around $1000.  I may take the storage to 2TB, but I could always do that later as well.  Any thoughts/recommendations appreciated.  Not really big on overclocking.
My experience with MSI mobos has not been good. I recommend something comparable from ASUS or ASRock

CaseNZXT H510 $70

I'm about ready to build almost this exact same setup, how do you like it so far?

Only thing I’d advise people on is the new 3070/3080/3090 cards from Nvidia.  $500 price point for the 3070 (insane benchmarks on 4K resolution & modern ultra settings) is really an incredible value if you can get your hands on one.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-3070-graphics-card-announcement/
Yup, I'm holding-out for those cards as well as the new generation AMD processors. 

Planning on going with a premium ITX build.  Got the Dancase A4 delivered last week.

I forgot to actually post my new build. There were a couple of hiccups with it, but overall I am very happy:

Cooler Master MCM-H500M-IHNN-S00 MasterCase ATX Mid-Tower

Intel Core i9-10900X Desktop Processor (10 cores)

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 x2 (64 GB..I can go to 128 if I ever wanted to)

ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299 Motherboard LGA2066 (Intel Core X-Series)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (should of waited a little longer for the 3000s)

Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W 80+ Gold Semi Modular PSU

SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe

Samsung (MZ-V7S1T0B/AM) 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe

EVGA CLC 360mm All-in-one RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler

so what are you guys playing with these rigs? 

The gamer thread is mostly console games
League of legends & Halo MCC 😆

But also been meaning to get back into Sekiro.  I’ll be on VR soon to check out the new half-life, and perhaps other virtual reality applications.  

Users who are viewing this thread