fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

28,485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Far Cry 5. Wow, not taking long for buyer's remorse to set in. I didn't realize how bad I must suck at these kind of games. After five or six deaths and not being able to get through the intro, I already turned it off out of frustration.

A few tips:

1) Stealth is not that good (at first). They know where you are instantly. I use stealth to take out an alarm or two, and that's about it.

2) Companions help - get the perks where you get to have two. If you get the arrow lady and the cougar, stealth becomes a lot easier.

3) Blowing stuff up is effective. It's Far Cry - have fun with crazy stuff. And if you go in guns blazing, get the bear companion. 

42 minutes ago, jwb said:

A few tips:

1) Stealth is not that good (at first). They know where you are instantly. I use stealth to take out an alarm or two, and that's about it.

2) Companions help - get the perks where you get to have two. If you get the arrow lady and the cougar, stealth becomes a lot easier.

3) Blowing stuff up is effective. It's Far Cry - have fun with crazy stuff. And if you go in guns blazing, get the bear companion. 

I have to get past the intro/tutorial first.

11 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I have to get past the intro/tutorial first.

Git gud imo 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, jwb said:

A few tips:

Thanks. Went back and blew thru the tutorial. Now I'm going around clearing up the island. Got a companion. I have found that, at least for what I assume is the tutorial area, stealth has been pretty good. I took out both shrines using stealth, and maybe half the first base or whatever. I haven't got to choose a perk yet. Wish I had another weapon slot. Had no clue whether to take that stealthy bow or hang on to the AR. Would love to have both.

30 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Thanks. Went back and blew thru the tutorial. Now I'm going around clearing up the island. Got a companion. I have found that, at least for what I assume is the tutorial area, stealth has been pretty good. I took out both shrines using stealth, and maybe half the first base or whatever. I haven't got to choose a perk yet. Wish I had another weapon slot. Had no clue whether to take that stealthy bow or hang on to the AR. Would love to have both.

yea, get another weapon slot too - have 2 is a big plus. 

8 minutes ago, jwb said:

yea, get another weapon slot too - have 2 is a big plus. 

How long does it take to earn a perk?? Expected to have one by now.

41 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

How long does it take to earn a perk?? Expected to have one by now.

oh - it's much different in this game. You earn perks by doing certain things (kill ten people with gun x, etc). Look in your menu - the challenges - that's how you earn perk points.

20 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Every time I play I have to install an update. That being said I havent noticed any glitches.

Same.

Final of the Madden bowl was on and it was incredible.  Replay is on twitch and on DisneyXD on Thursday @ 8pm.  The playoffs themselves were awesome as well.  Overall it is a great show.

God of war was on our doorstep on the 20th, I was out of town, so my son got a couple hours in. I got a couple hours in last weekend, beat the stranger and didn’t go much farther. I’m excited by the changes and looking forward to this game

God of war was on our doorstep on the 20th, I was out of town, so my son got a couple hours in. I got a couple hours in last weekend, beat the stranger and didn’t go much farther. I’m excited by the changes and looking forward to this game

fornite with an update to the map.   Still playing this game like one of the million 12yo kids hooked on it lol

1 person likes this

Finished Final Fantasy IX over the weekend at right around 100 hours.  It was an interesting game, but not sure if I loved it.  The first part of the game it felt like too much side quest and that I was making no story progress, the second part of the game is an almost 100% linear story where experience, money, and leveling are pretty limited.  You can "break" back to the main world to either level up or earn money to restock items, but it kinda takes you out of the game.

It did feel like the technology finally caught up to the epic final fantasy stories, they've always been pretty dramatic, and it looked/felt kinda funny in cartoon format.  I think both the in game and cut scenes looked really nice.

Didn't 100% this one, and I don't see me going back to finish the mini-games and advanced hunts.

1 hour ago, mozzy84 said:

fornite with an update to the map.   Still playing this game like one of the million 12yo kids hooked on it lol

Played with some friends a bit last night.  New area is fun and having it next to towers is a good idea.  Spread some of the pack out.

Finished Far Cry 5 last night. What a disappointment to the endings. I won't spoil it but you do all that #### and still get ####ed up the ### real good on the ending. Very unsatisfying. Loved the game play but dam that ending was bad. 

2 people like this

On 5/2/2018 at 1:19 PM, The Tick said:

Finished Final Fantasy IX over the weekend at right around 100 hours.  It was an interesting game, but not sure if I loved it.  The first part of the game it felt like too much side quest and that I was making no story progress, the second part of the game is an almost 100% linear story where experience, money, and leveling are pretty limited.  You can "break" back to the main world to either level up or earn money to restock items, but it kinda takes you out of the game.

It did feel like the technology finally caught up to the epic final fantasy stories, they've always been pretty dramatic, and it looked/felt kinda funny in cartoon format.  I think both the in game and cut scenes looked really nice.

Didn't 100% this one, and I don't see me going back to finish the mini-games and advanced hunts.

This might be one of my favorite FF because they went away from the last few games that were set in a more advanced world, and really put the “fantasy” back in Final Fantasy. And Vivi was one of the best FF characters ever; such a great backstory. 

Started Arkham Knight, fun game so far. Too much with talking to the wrist TV so far though and the Batmobile controls are incredibly squishy. Really don't like driving it outside of battle mode.

And how much money must the Riddler have to be building all these underground race tracks and lairs? Seriously why is he still bothering with crime when he already seems to have more money than God?

5 hours ago, Chaka said:

Started Arkham Knight, fun game so far. Too much with talking to the wrist TV so far though and the Batmobile controls are incredibly squishy. Really don't like driving it outside of battle mode.

And how much money must the Riddler have to be building all these underground race tracks and lairs? Seriously why is he still bothering with crime when he already seems to have more money than God?

You get used to the Batmobile as you play.  It was super awkward at first for me too.  I highly recommend doing all Riddler challenges before completing story if you want the best ending.  I know they eventually get tedious, but it's worth it.

4 hours ago, SlaX said:

You get used to the Batmobile as you play.  It was super awkward at first for me too.  I highly recommend doing all Riddler challenges before completing story if you want the best ending.  I know they eventually get tedious, but it's worth it.

I always finish the Riddler challenges in an Arkham game. Stuff like that speaks to my neuroses.

1 person likes this

My wife bought Skyrim for her Switch, and is loving it. I was giving her pointers/etc, and now find myself immersed in my own new modded up game on the Xbox. 

This game... it never ends.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

This might be one of my favorite FF because they went away from the last few games that were set in a more advanced world, and really put the “fantasy” back in Final Fantasy. And Vivi was one of the best FF characters ever; such a great backstory. 

Wow, I'm an idiot, not sure how I messed my roman numerals up so badly that was supposed to be XV :bag:...

I actually did finish up the re-master IX on PS4 about a month ago.  Nothing too special about the remake, but I love playing old FF games just for something to do occasionally.  So it's nice not to have to pull out the original backwards compatible PS3 and play my old FF PS2 discs.

i got the playstation pass (or whatever it is called) and you can get 2 free games a month. Playing Beyond: two souls. surprisngly a very engaging game. well written story and def something different

Anybody try Kingdom Come: Deliverance yet? I haven't decided whether or not to pull the trigger yet. Great concept, but apparently initial release is very buggy.

On 2018-05-06 at 10:46 PM, modogg said:

i got the playstation pass (or whatever it is called) and you can get 2 free games a month. Playing Beyond: two souls. surprisngly a very engaging game. well written story and def something different

I started this with the Mrs on the weekend. Did you pick Original or Remixed (chronological)? 

I’m not sure how far we are but the gameplay is starting to get pretty stale. And there’s a few chapters that are flat out boring. In general the story is interesting.

What are you thinking about it as you get farther?

Just now, Borden said:

I started this with the Mrs on the weekend. Did you pick Original or Remixed (chronological)? 

I’m not sure how far we are but the gameplay is starting to get pretty stale. And there’s a few chapters that are flat out boring. In general the story is interesting.

What are you thinking about it as you get farther?

i finished it the other night. I went with the original format which was easy enough to follow (i think). 

definitely agree the gameplay can get stale and pretty boring. i think the one chapter i was doing the steps to cook dinner, so if you are looking for action run from this game. 

But the story was interesting enough to keep me playing (though i started to check out about 80% through, but that is m.o. with most games). it was just something i played that was different then most other games, and pulled me in enough that i wanted to see where it was going to go. 

I think it would give it like a B. there is something there with the game that really held my attn., but i can't tell you what exactly it was. it is short enough that by the time i was getting bored with it you could tell it was getting close to the end

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, modogg said:

i finished it the other night. I went with the original format which was easy enough to follow (i think). 

definitely agree the gameplay can get stale and pretty boring. i think the one chapter i was doing the steps to cook dinner, so if you are looking for action run from this game. 

But the story was interesting enough to keep me playing (though i started to check out about 80% through, but that is m.o. with most games). it was just something i played that was different then most other games, and pulled me in enough that i wanted to see where it was going to go. 

I think it would give it like a B. there is something there with the game that really held my attn., but i can't tell you what exactly it was. it is short enough that by the time i was getting bored with it you could tell it was getting close to the end

Hahahahaha. Yep the cook chapter was definitely the one I was referring too. I’m playing it on the Original mode as well. It feels like I’m getting pretty close to the end just based on the amount of “action” but I’m not sure because it doesn’t really feel the story is starting to tie up. 

It is a nice change of pace from most games though.

1 person likes this

On a quest to look for something different I ended up hooking up the 360 and starting a new Fallout New Vegas game.

I did not give this game enough credit for the scenery. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

On a quest to look for something different I ended up hooking up the 360 and starting a new Fallout New Vegas game.

I did not give this game enough credit for the scenery. 

New Vegas is the best (modern) Fallout game and it is not close.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I wish the map were different. FNV always felt very compact to me - there wasn't quite the sense of scale and exploration as some of the others. But I agree - all in all, it's my favorite of the modern Fallouts

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This.  Love the faction system.

Just now, Foosball God said:

This.  Love the faction system.

And if Bethesda could incorporate the faction system with a Nemesis system like the Modor franchise, that would be so outstanding.  Imagine joining a raider group and working your way to the top by killing off rivals and consolidating lieutenants, or having to take down a raider group that is tormenting an outpost by working your way to the leader, having them put bounties on you, etc.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

And if Bethesda could incorporate the faction system with a Nemesis system like the Modor franchise, that would be so outstanding.  Imagine joining a raider group and working your way to the top by killing off rivals and consolidating lieutenants, or having to take down a raider group that is tormenting an outpost by working your way to the leader, having them put bounties on you, etc.

and reintroducing a way to play a BG (truly play a BG) would kick ###. Imagine GTA V heists, etc. in a Fallout setting. Or using "settlements" as gang turf, etc. 

1 person likes this

Just now, JerseyToughGuys said:

and reintroducing a way to play a BG (truly play a BG) would kick ###. Imagine GTA V heists, etc. in a Fallout setting. Or using "settlements" as gang turf, etc. 

Yep, they did that a little with the Nuka-World DLC, but it could have been a lot more organic.  You never really got to be a raider.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

23 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

I like the path you two are headed down. Throw in a Mass Effect style system where you get a crew too. 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Yep, they did that a little with the Nuka-World DLC, but it could have been a lot more organic.  You never really got to be a raider.

I have yet to play Nuka World. I started a second run through in Survival and its a grind. Currently in the middle of Far Harbor bemoaning the inability to save on the fly and the utter lack of usable beds. 

I might have to throw in the towel on Survival. The "fun" aspects are being largely outweighed by the "this is ####### dumb / unfun" aspects at this point.

As an aside, playing Red Dead Redemption again. Such a great game. I hope they unlock the full potential in the new one. 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

As an aside, playing Red Dead Redemption again. Such a great game. I hope they unlock the full potential in the new one. 

Funny----- I was actually looking for that at the same time and couldn't find.  Oldest tells me that mom sold it at a garage sale some time ago and that I knew about it and even told her how much.

Such a failure on my part.

5 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Funny----- I was actually looking for that at the same time and couldn't find.  Oldest tells me that mom sold it at a garage sale some time ago and that I knew about it and even told her how much.

Such a failure on my part.

Sounds like someone got paid off by Mom...