fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

28,269 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, jwb said:

I have a PS4, and never tried any of these, although am intrigued. I may pick one up, as I have a $70 gamestop gift card burning a hole in my pocket. 

Far Cry 5 was ok. But Yakuza 0 was pretty cool. My only issue with Yakuza is it's mostly a hand to hand combat game with some weapons. Not a lot of gun play and when you do get a chance to use the gun the controls seem stiff and awkward. You only have a few bullets too so if you miss once or twice you are kind of screwed 

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

Not gonna lie.  My wife and kid were out of town from the 4th to 7th.  I ate kraft cheese & macaroni while gaming twice in those 4 days.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

I wish someone would bring me mac'n'cheese while I was playing video games.  :kicksrock:

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing inherantly wrong with Mac n Cheese.  But there is something wrong with being old enough to have a job and still have your mom make it for you.

Now, having your wife make it for you while playing video games is just winning life.

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I know that. That's what the guy at GS told me. Said if I liked it I could then get 1 in August or wait for it to go down in price or whatever. I believe he also said they are gonna eventually rerelease the entire game in a package and maybe wait till then for a better buy. 

I don’t know. I was legitimately asking. When you say the entire game, you mean like the whole series?

Posted (edited)

Double post. Again.

Edited by Borden
1 person likes this

Ive been playing God of War non-stop since it was released in April. Finally expect to get the platinum trophy tonight and no clue what to play next. Cant believe I sunk almost 3 months into that game. Great game!

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Borden said:

I don’t know. I was legitimately asking. When you say the entire game, you mean like the whole series?

I thought he said the entire series will be rereleased eventually in a package deal but Aug-Sept Yakuza 1 is released remastered. He mentioned something buying them individually like you beat one and the next one is out by then type thing or buying it a package deal. I'm heading over there tomorrow after work so I'll ask though

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Borden said:

I would like to but I was terrible before stopped playing a little less than a year ago? Also, my work schedule is all over the place. It’s a great game though. 

I think when I stopped playing the big green and yellow character was released (Oris?). Some of the events they were great too. The Halloween event against the AI was my favourite.

How many more characters have they added? Is Mercy still good with the health beam? That was my go to.

I play with a group of about 6 people that are all over skill wise.  We don't take it too seriously and aren't going to get mad if you suck.  If you have a headset, we start a group party outside of the game so we don't have to deal with trolls.  Some of the guys have really gotten into researching the characters and the best ways to play them so if you group up with us, feel free to ask any questions and they'll be super happy to nerd out on it.

The characters that I know were added between the time I quit playing originally to now are: Doomfist, Sombra, Orisa, Ana, Brigitte, and Moira (may be forgetting some)

Mercy is still in the game although she's a little different now than she was in the past.  She still has the healing and damage boost beams but her ultimate ability is no longer the group ressurect.  Instead, she has a single target res that can be used on a short cooldown (like 12 or 15 seconds) and her ultimate allows her to fly, have unlimited ammo, and do a "chain heal" where her heal beam will chain to any other characters within a certain range of your target.

Feel free to add me on PS4.  K_A_N_I_L is the account I play mostly on although occasionally if we're playing ranked I play on another account that is lower ranked so I can play with some of the lower ranked friends.  That name is either Reinhardt_On or ReinhardtOn (don't remember exactly).

1 person likes this

Any good games to play on-line now against people that are fun and not so serious/competitive?  Games that could be picked up fairly fast.

Games like Mario Kart on-line.

15 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I play with a group of about 6 people that are all over skill wise.  We don't take it too seriously and aren't going to get mad if you suck.  If you have a headset, we start a group party outside of the game so we don't have to deal with trolls.  Some of the guys have really gotten into researching the characters and the best ways to play them so if you group up with us, feel free to ask any questions and they'll be super happy to nerd out on it.

The characters that I know were added between the time I quit playing originally to now are: Doomfist, Sombra, Orisa, Ana, Brigitte, and Moira (may be forgetting some)

Mercy is still in the game although she's a little different now than she was in the past.  She still has the healing and damage boost beams but her ultimate ability is no longer the group ressurect.  Instead, she has a single target res that can be used on a short cooldown (like 12 or 15 seconds) and her ultimate allows her to fly, have unlimited ammo, and do a "chain heal" where her heal beam will chain to any other characters within a certain range of your target.

Feel free to add me on PS4.  K_A_N_I_L is the account I play mostly on although occasionally if we're playing ranked I play on another account that is lower ranked so I can play with some of the lower ranked friends.  That name is either Reinhardt_On or ReinhardtOn (don't remember exactly).

So, which character to you use mostly? :D 

I’ll add you tonight. Bordman on PSN. 

16 minutes ago, Borden said:

So, which character to you use mostly? :D 

I’ll add you tonight. Bordman on PSN. 

I mostly use K_A_N_I_L as we rarely do ranked.  Kanil is level 90ish, reinhardton is like 50.

3 hours ago, Kanil said:

I've gone back to playing a lot of Overwatch lately.  I know @cockroach is playing but is anyone else with PS4 active lately?  Would be cool to get a group together and wreck some mystery heroes one night.

I'm trying to get the platinum trophy.  Need like 5 more but they're tough as hell. 

55 minutes ago, cockroach said:

I'm trying to get the platinum trophy.  Need like 5 more but they're tough as hell. 

What trophies do you have left?

I joined a game you were in the other day and watched you get a bunch of kills as mercy... I definitely think I don't swap to DPS enough with her (essentially never outside of ultimate).  Of course, right before your game ended my internet died and I couldn't get back in.

I bought the 13yo his own xbox around xmas thinking it would free up my TV downstairs (like him and his brother would play in his room).  With fornite constantly bing played I can't play or watch my TV still because they are in separate rooms now playing. Does the room here concur to buy the 12yo brother his own xbox?  I fell like a loser having three xboxs.   the kids are super busy doing other real life crap a lot of the time (hockey, baseball, soccer, golf), I'm trying to justify it here.

1 minute ago, mozzy84 said:

I bought the 13yo his own xbox around xmas thinking it would free up my TV downstairs (like him and his brother would play in his room).  With fornite constantly bing played I can't play or watch my TV still because they are in separate rooms now playing. Does the room here concur to buy the 12yo brother his own xbox?  I fell like a loser having three xboxs.   the kids are super busy doing other real life crap a lot of the time (hockey, baseball, soccer, golf), I'm trying to justify it here.

Concur.  We currently have two (one for me and one for MrsKanil) but we know the next generation will mean buying 3.  Our issue is where to put it because we don't want it in his room.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Any good games to play on-line now against people that are fun and not so serious/competitive?  Games that could be picked up fairly fast.

Games like Mario Kart on-line.

Rocket League...

4 people like this

Just now, Worm said:

Rocket League...

Which, by the way, is on XBOX Games Pass now, so you could do a trial of that if you are on XB1.

51 minutes ago, Kanil said:

What trophies do you have left?

I joined a game you were in the other day and watched you get a bunch of kills as mercy... I definitely think I don't swap to DPS enough with her (essentially never outside of ultimate).  Of course, right before your game ended my internet died and I couldn't get back in.

I changed the button so triangle swaps the gun... makes it more intuitive.  On most other characters triangle is melee for me and then I use R3 to trigger the special.

Trophies I'm still hunting are:  Lucio's 3 wall ride kills,  Road Hog's 2 off the map w/ his ult, Hanzo 3 kills w/ lighting arrow and both of Zenyatta's

So pretty much only playing those guys.  I'll throw in a Mercy or Reinhardt/Orisa or Soldier if the team needs it, or if I haven't gotten many endorsements lately.

5 hours ago, thecatch said:

I gave Metal Gear 5 a shot because it was free, even though I have never been a fan of the series because the story is so ####ing weird. Sure enough, I couldn’t get out of the prologue without a flaming whale randomly emerging from the ground to eat a helicopter, which then led to a devil-like creature riding out from the wreckage on a unicorn. Hard pass. 

It has good gameplay once you finally get there, but it's like 2-3 hours of pure crap before you actually get to the play the game.  And then it goes on and on with no end in sight.  Kojima needs somebody who can force him to leave some of this stuff on the cutting room floor.

3 people like this

Fired up Rory McElroy golf last night. Forgot what mindless fun golf games can be.

very fond memories of drunken games of Tiger Woods with FBGs. 

#goldenera

4 people like this

4 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

We have 3 and most of the time it works well.  Biggest issue is that we only have 1 xbox gold account so when the 2 children are both playing, I can't play because all of the games are purchased under my account which is the gold account.   I ended up purchasing Madden again under a seperate account so I could play while both of the children were on the other 2 xbox's.

9 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Ive been playing God of War non-stop since it was released in April. Finally expect to get the platinum trophy tonight and no clue what to play next. Cant believe I sunk almost 3 months into that game. Great game!

The trailers look really good. And I remember you liking Horizon Zero Dawn. Is gameplay similar? Or is it a button masher?

8 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

The trailers look really good. And I remember you liking Horizon Zero Dawn. Is gameplay similar? Or is it a button masher?

Its not as much of a button masher as the original GOW games but it is more of a button masher than HZD if that makes any sense. There is definitely a ton of strategy involved in combat now. I would liken the combat style more to an easier version of Dark Souls or The Witcher. Im not really sure how to explain it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Its not as much of a button masher as the original GOW games but it is more of a button masher than HZD if that makes any sense. There is definitely a ton of strategy involved in combat now. I would liken the combat style more to an easier version of Dark Souls or The Witcher. Im not really sure how to explain it.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. The older versions of the game were too much button mashing for me. I'd love another HZD, but I don't need it to be that, either. I loved Witcher. Maybe this will be my next purchase when I get time to start another game up.

NFL players losing their minds over their Madden ratings is simultaneously funny and sad.

Fournette said he should be higher, Madden said "prove it", and he replied with "I'm not sending nothing just take me off Madden Period and let my defense not be number one on there ima send to tackle h'all ###."

I don't speak jive so I'm unsure what that means. Good thing football exists for a moron like that. Only so many burger flipping jobs to go around.

3 people like this

Anyone play Elite Dangerous??  I picked it up a while back, its a cool game but the learning curve is steep!  Any tips out there?  Basically starting from scratch..

1 hour ago, Inhiding said:

Anyone play Elite Dangerous??  I picked it up a while back, its a cool game but the learning curve is steep!  Any tips out there?  Basically starting from scratch..

Grabbed it like last summer on a Steam Summer Sale.  I think I played it like 5 minutes.  I probably have 200 Steam games with less than an hour of total play. :bag:

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Not trying to pick a fight here but Ive played teh Gears as much as if not more than any other game in my life and a "button masher" would be the farthest thing that comes to mind. When I think button masher I think Diablo or those Dynasty Warrior styled games. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Not trying to pick a fight here but Ive played teh Gears more than any other game in my life and a "button masher" would be the farthest thing that comes to mind. When I think button masher I think Diablo or those Dynasty Warrior styled games. 

What about God of War which is the game we were talking about. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

What about God of War which is the game we were talking about. 

I just realized that and was about to edit my post. Sorry Shady.  :bag: 

I might be a touch sensitive about teh Gearz! 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

13 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I just realized that and was about to edit my post. Sorry Shady.  :bag: 

I might be a touch sensitive about teh Gearz! 

Yea time to move off that stance cause gears 4 sucked. I don't think I'll get gears 5.

1 person likes this

On 7/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, JerseyToughGuys said:

Fired up Rory McElroy golf last night. Forgot what mindless fun golf games can be.

very fond memories of drunken games of Tiger Woods with FBGs. 

#goldenera

I just wish it was harder.  While it's nice to just chill out and play, I hate winning tournaments by 30+ strokes.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, DJackson10 said:
On 11/7/2018 at 7:03 PM, jwb said:

I have a PS4, and never tried any of these, although am intrigued. I may pick one up, as I have a $70 gamestop gift card burning a hole in my pocket. 

Far Cry 5 was ok. But Yakuza 0 was pretty cool. My only issue with Yakuza is it's mostly a hand to hand combat game with some weapons. Not a lot of gun play and when you do get a chance to use the gun the controls seem stiff and awkward. You only have a few bullets too so if you miss once or twice you are kind of screwed 

All Far Cry 5 endings sucked great big donkey balls

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 11/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, mozzy84 said:

Why not buy a tv? and a long HDMI cable for when the kid wants to play?

Edited by msommer

13 hours ago, Inhiding said:

This should be a game I like. It really should. I have 3 hours on it. I have owned it for 2 years.

3 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

This should be a game I like. It really should. I have 3 hours on it. I have owned it for 2 years.

The description of the game and the videos I've seen, it looks like a game I would have dropped hundreds of hours in... If I was 20 years old still. No way I have the time to get good at it now.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, SlaX said:

I just wish it was harder.  While it's nice to just chill out and play, I hate winning tournaments by 30+ strokes.

:unsure:

9 hours ago, msommer said:

All Far Cry 5 endings sucked great big donkey balls

Yes, yes they do.

6 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Yes, yes they do.

Man, you guys have said this so much I'm almost excited to play it just so I can see what you mean. I also love FC so I'd play it regardless, but really interested.

57 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Man, you guys have said this so much I'm almost excited to play it just so I can see what you mean. I also love FC so I'd play it regardless, but really interested.

I hadn't read any spoilers so got to experience it without any expectations whatsoever. Probably made it ten times worse. I was... unprepared.

Posted (edited)

Got my NES classic. Anyone know the best walkthrough to modify it for more games? 

Edited by JB Breakfast Club