What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Still haven't picked up Dead to Rights for the PS3 because I am cheap and refuse to pay more than $20 for a game. I also have Red Faction for the PS3 but it seems to be more along the lines of Fallout and sorry folks I just ain't a fan of that game. Going back to my cheapness I may actually pick up Dead Space 2 on Jan 25/11 and pay FULL PRICE for it the first one was that good. If you haven't played it yet get DEAD SPACE the game is a great shooter with a good story line and this might be a spoiler but there are 3 possibly 4 sequences where you will get a fright/startled especially if you are playing alone in the dark with the surround sound going full pop. Maybe I can convince the wife to delay a Christmas Present for a month.
couldn't be more different. F3 is much more layered and much much harder.
Yep, Fallout 3 is much more complex. The only things I can think of that are the same is that they both have guns in them.
RF is more along the lines of "Infamous", "GTA" and "RDR" than "F3". these are fine sandbox games but F3 is cut from a different cloth.

Okay so I finished Dead Space about ten minutes ago and it now might be my favorite game for the PS3 over Uncharted Drake's Fortune #1. Picked up Uncharted 2 for a steal yesterday and probably going to start that now. Depending on how the followups go either of these may become my favorite series. Previously I have really enjoyed:

Dead to Rights Series

Max Payne Series

Headhunter Series

Red Faction Series

Still haven't picked up Dead to Rights for the PS3 because I am cheap and refuse to pay more than $20 for a game. I also have Red Faction for the PS3 but it seems to be more along the lines of Fallout and sorry folks I just ain't a fan of that game. Going back to my cheapness I may actually pick up Dead Space 2 on Jan 25/11 and pay FULL PRICE for it the first one was that good. If you haven't played it yet get DEAD SPACE the game is a great shooter with a good story line and this might be a spoiler but there are 3 possibly 4 sequences where you will get a fright/startled especially if you are playing alone in the dark with the surround sound going full pop. Maybe I can convince the wife to delay a Christmas Present for a month.

ETA: I am a SONY guy so some of the above might only be available on PS2/PS3. If you are looking for a cheap cheap gaming fix pick up the above series' on PS2 in the used bin at EBGames/Gamestop depending on the country you live in.
Not criticizing here, just pointing out the old different strokes thing...

Those are all painfully horrendous games imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 3 positives so far today and have already shipped out two more game matches this morning. ;)

Okay so I finished Dead Space about ten minutes ago and it now might be my favorite game for the PS3 over Uncharted Drake's Fortune #1. Picked up Uncharted 2 for a steal yesterday and probably going to start that now. Depending on how the followups go either of these may become my favorite series. Previously I have really enjoyed:

Dead to Rights Series

Max Payne Series

Headhunter Series

Red Faction Series

ETA: I am a SONY guy so some of the above might only be available on PS2/PS3. If you are looking for a cheap cheap gaming fix pick up the above series' on PS2 in the used bin at EBGames/Gamestop depending on the country you live in.

Max Payne 1 and 2 were awesome games. Red Faction (the first one for PC many years ago) was a lot of fun, one of the first games that would let you destroy the surrounding terrain to change gameplay. The rest have all sucked balls in that series. I have no experience with the other 2 series.

Dead to Rights Series

Max Payne Series

Headhunter Series

Red Faction Series

The Max Payne's were received well and won awards and made a ton of dough but generally my tastes do fall in the junk bin and a little off the beaten path. I am also happy that the Fallout fanclub is jumping all over Red Faction that means I should probably give it more than the cursory shot that I did. Must say kudos to Steadymobbin for actually just saying that different strokes thing. Reading that was simply "Hey Billy I think those games suck but hey glad you liked them." I read the comments from the Fallout Fans and it seems like they are insulted that I don't like the game and moreover I am a moron for not liking the game. Fallout and Phish two things the FFA seem to hold very dear and yet myself I just don't get the love for em.

The Max Payne's were received well and won awards and made a ton of dough but generally my tastes do fall in the junk bin and a little off the beaten path. I am also happy that the Fallout fanclub is jumping all over Red Faction that means I should probably give it more than the cursory shot that I did. Must say kudos to Steadymobbin for actually just saying that different strokes thing. Reading that was simply "Hey Billy I think those games suck but hey glad you liked them." I read the comments from the Fallout Fans and it seems like they are insulted that I don't like the game and moreover I am a moron for not liking the game. Fallout and Phish two things the FFA seem to hold very dear and yet myself I just don't get the love for em.
i'm not a big F3 fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. heck, i didn't even finish the game. of the recent games, though, i think my favorite was "borderlands" really. i think the distinction - for me at any rate - between F3 and RF, Infamous, GTA, RDR, et al is that they grew kind of boring after the novelty wore off. So once the initial "I'm a superhero...", "I'm a Cowboy...", "I'm on Mars...", or "I'm a criminal bad ###..." veneer wore thin, the games became very similar. F3 didn't do that.

Gamesare just a flyin' off of Mad Cow's desk today. 3 total today have matched and I have subsequently sent out already. Now I just need to find a few games that I really want. I am really hoping Dragon Age will match soon. It shows me at position 8 for the PC version.

i'm not a big F3 fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. heck, i didn't even finish the game. of the recent games, though, i think my favorite was "borderlands" really. i think the distinction - for me at any rate - between F3 and RF, Infamous, GTA, RDR, et al is that they grew kind of boring after the novelty wore off. So once the initial "I'm a superhero...", "I'm a Cowboy...", "I'm on Mars...", or "I'm a criminal bad ###..." veneer wore thin, the games became very similar. F3 didn't do that.
Pretty much what I was implying. I liked Fallout 3 and have previously liked Red Faction 1 & 2 on the PS2. Its just your comparison of games did not actually match the content that each one presented. That is all.

Okay apparently the quick skim through the destructions and brief experience with Red Faction for the PS3 that I had have given me a completely wrong view on the game. Must head back and look at RF again soon.

Gamesare just a flyin' off of Mad Cow's desk today. 3 total today have matched and I have subsequently sent out already. Now I just need to find a few games that I really want. I am really hoping Dragon Age will match soon. It shows me at position 8 for the PC version.
Check under product details for how many copies have been traded in the past 15 days. That will give your a good idea of how long it may be. For me, I have had three different waves of trading. I started off and sent out a ton, I received some back but then sent out some more. Then about three weeks ago about 10 of the games I wanted were traded to me in a three day span. Now I have a stack of games that I have to try and get through before the holidays where it will most likely get bigger. One thing for me now with using goozex, I plan on buying a few games at launch throughout the year that I really want. And then get on line for the others on release night. This method also leads towards a good chunk of cash being saved.

How much would rock band 2 go for on goozex?rock band 3's set list looks boring.
Rock Band 3 set list = Rock Band 1 setlist + Rock Band 2 setlist + Rock Band Network DLC + Rock Band DLC + Rock Band 3 setlist (+ Rock Band Green Day setlist + Rock Band ACDC if you want to go that far)I don't see a problem here.But if you're cool with converting to Frets on Fire (which would mean you'd play Rock Band/Guitar Hero from a PC - you can connect it to your TV, before you think: "ew!"), you wouldn't need any Rock Band or Guitar Hero games again, unless you wanted to play the new pro mode.
I've been playing FOF, but for some reason it won't recognize fast strumming like on beast and the harlot or panic attack.(it will be always late,or won't register.)how do i fix this?

How much would rock band 2 go for on goozex?rock band 3's set list looks boring.
Rock Band 3 set list = Rock Band 1 setlist + Rock Band 2 setlist + Rock Band Network DLC + Rock Band DLC + Rock Band 3 setlist (+ Rock Band Green Day setlist + Rock Band ACDC if you want to go that far)I don't see a problem here.But if you're cool with converting to Frets on Fire (which would mean you'd play Rock Band/Guitar Hero from a PC - you can connect it to your TV, before you think: "ew!"), you wouldn't need any Rock Band or Guitar Hero games again, unless you wanted to play the new pro mode.
I've been playing FOF, but for some reason it won't recognize fast strumming like on beast and the harlot or panic attack.(it will be always late,or won't register.)how do i fix this?
What version of FoFiX are you using right now? Also, in the settings, go into Mods, Cheats, AI and tell me what your Note Hit Window is set to.

Okay apparently the quick skim through the destructions and brief experience with Red Faction for the PS3 that I had have given me a completely wrong view on the game. Must head back and look at RF again soon.
I'm pretty sure PSN has a Red Faction demo, i'd advise playing that to see what you think.

What version of FoFiX are you using right now? Also, in the settings, go into Mods, Cheats, AI and tell me what your Note Hit Window is set to.
newest version? (fofix?)

I'm pretty sure PSN has a Red Faction demo, i'd advise playing that to see what you think.
Have the game already but really didn't give it a fair shot. I have many games that I haven't even unwrapped yet.

How much would rock band 2 go for on goozex?

rock band 3's set list looks boring.
Rock Band 3 set list = Rock Band 1 setlist + Rock Band 2 setlist + Rock Band Network DLC + Rock Band DLC + Rock Band 3 setlist (+ Rock Band Green Day setlist + Rock Band ACDC if you want to go that far)I don't see a problem here.

But if you're cool with converting to Frets on Fire (which would mean you'd play Rock Band/Guitar Hero from a PC - you can connect it to your TV, before you think: "ew!"), you wouldn't need any Rock Band or Guitar Hero games again, unless you wanted to play the new pro mode.
newest version? (fofix?)
You can find what version you're using in the credits. Options > Credits in FoFiX.And yes, you should be using FoFiX rather than vanilla Frets on Fire. Most good songs don't work well with vanilla Frets on Fire. FoFiX is a modded version that allows you to play the game more in the style of Guitar Hero or Rock Band. If you don't have it, download it here. The file you want is FoFiX-v3.121-Final-Setup-(py2.6-ogl3).exe.

I finally started Rainbow Six Vegas 2 last night after watching it sit on my shelf for over a week while I finished up a playthrough of Demon's Souls. The first mission was fun, but it was also harder than I had expected. I think I died about 10 times, and this was presumably just a tutorial mission. A lot of it was just getting used to the various controls and command options, but while John Marston could take five or six shots and/or get mauled by a cougar and walk away, my character can't take more than a round or two in this game, which figures to be cool if it brings more emphasis to the "tactical" element. I'm looking forward to plugging along with this.

How do you add songs to FoFix?
Download the files needed to the setlist location you provide, mine are located in the FoFix\data\songs folder. Each song has a folder, which includes files for its midi, song info, and song itself - which can be separated by instrument, or all together, depending on the song. Other info in the folder may include an album cover, which some themes use. In addition, you can also separate song folders into subfolders for different setlists. I won't go into detail here, as it can be complicated, but it's pretty cool what all you can do. Here is the best place to find songs: Frets on Fire Forums (board signup required). It appears that Harmonix has recently asked the owners to take down the RB song links, so they aren't as easy to find, but a lot of them are still there. Guitar Hero tracks are so far still available. All custom fretted songs are still intact. (PM me if there's something you need but can't find. If I have it, I can make them available for download.)

Also find a theme you like in the FoFix section of the forums. With themes is where you mod the game to appear to look like the other games, or even find a custom mod you like. Sometimes I switch to an 8-bit mod, which plays the game as if you're playing Rock Band on an NES.

Note: This is an free, open source game. I hope that JB or another mod doesn't mind me giving this information publicly.

IvanKaramazov said:
I finally started Rainbow Six Vegas 2 last night after watching it sit on my shelf for over a week while I finished up a playthrough of Demon's Souls. The first mission was fun, but it was also harder than I had expected. I think I died about 10 times, and this was presumably just a tutorial mission. A lot of it was just getting used to the various controls and command options, but while John Marston could take five or six shots and/or get mauled by a cougar and walk away, my character can't take more than a round or two in this game, which figures to be cool if it brings more emphasis to the "tactical" element. I'm looking forward to plugging along with this.
You can't take very many shoots, especially on realistic difficulty. But, the game is much harder in single player than co-op campaign because you respawn after 10 seconds in co-op if you teammate is still alive. Terrorist hunt is a blast with a couple people to.

I just requested ME2 from Goozex. Figure it will be a while till I get it but might as well get in line. I was about 2/3 of the way done on the 360, then got the PC version so am starting over there pretty much. <_<

New Black Ops Multiplayer info, and it looks GREAT:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1434950...mp_080910..html
It looks fun in the essense that Modern Warfare 2 was fun. I liked it, but it wasn't something I liked to play all the time. It has its place in my game collection though.What I find ironic is that Treyarch added in the jumping prone move, or dolphin diving as we called it in Battlefield 2. A feature that was taken out of Battlefield games. Unfortunately, you cannot prone at all now in Battlefield games. I just find it funny that Treyarch decided to add it to the game, considering it was one of the biggest exploitable moves in BF2, and they put it in a game that a lot of people are saying has too many exploitable items already.

I just requested ME2 from Goozex. Figure it will be a while till I get it but might as well get in line. I was about 2/3 of the way done on the 360, then got the PC version so am starting over there pretty much. ;)
I find prizelive(GPT site) a lot easier to use,instead of waiting on goozex.

Fallout 3 just wasn't for me. Threw it up on eBay, where Red Dead is going as soon as my buddy is done with it.

Adebisi said:
Fallout 3 just wasn't for me. Threw it up on eBay, where Red Dead is going as soon as my buddy is done with it.
I'm playing the GOTY version now, and enjoying it. what didn't you like about it?

What was the overall verdict on Bioshock 2 from those who played it? I know the multiplayer was not well-received, but it's getting to the point where I ought to be able to pick up a discounted copy for the SP pretty soon if it's worthwhile.

What was the overall verdict on Bioshock 2 from those who played it? I know the multiplayer was not well-received, but it's getting to the point where I ought to be able to pick up a discounted copy for the SP pretty soon if it's worthwhile.
I LOVED the first one. Liked the second.The pro's are that it LOOKS absolutely stunning. I mean jaw dropping cool.The con's are that the story isn't quite as compelling and the newness factor isn't there. I didn't find it nearly as scary either but that might be a function of downgrading from a 92" to 37" screen.If you played the first, you'll like the 2nd I think.

Adebisi said:
You and I apparently share similar video game tastes. Deus Ex for PS3 comes out in February, definitely looking forward to dis one.

I LOVED the first one. Liked the second.The pro's are that it LOOKS absolutely stunning. I mean jaw dropping cool.The con's are that the story isn't quite as compelling and the newness factor isn't there. I didn't find it nearly as scary either but that might be a function of downgrading from a 92" to 37" screen.If you played the first, you'll like the 2nd I think.
Spot on. They did some new stuff with the second, but overall it was the same game with a little extra dressing on top of it. It doesn't make it not good, but it doesn't have the same wow factor as the first as a result. When you play it you get a been there, done that feeling.

Spot on. They did some new stuff with the second, but overall it was the same game with a little extra dressing on top of it. It doesn't make it not good, but it doesn't have the same wow factor as the first as a result. When you play it you get a been there, done that feeling.
Yep. LOVED the first one. The second wasn't bad by any stretch. In fact, this is giving me motivation to go and finish it.

Whoa! :eek: When's that come out. I had no idea they were making a 3rd.
:blackdot: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
I LOVED the first one. Liked the second.The pro's are that it LOOKS absolutely stunning. I mean jaw dropping cool.

The con's are that the story isn't quite as compelling and the newness factor isn't there. I didn't find it nearly as scary either but that might be a function of downgrading from a 92" to 37" screen.

If you played the first, you'll like the 2nd I think.
Bioshock 2 is a great game to me. They didn't ruin what the first one brought to the table but added some elements here and there. The multiplayers sucks but that isn't what I play it for. The atmosphere is awesome and the creepiness is still there. But, just like in the first game, you have to play it on its hardest difficulty so getting injured actual means something, and you have to pick up all the diaries entries. I believe if I played both games on normal and didn't hunt for the diaries, my opinion of the games would be highly downgraded.

Users who are viewing this thread