Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Just got Assassin's Creed via goozex... played about 3 hours worth so far and it's pretty good. Is AC2 good / should I go ahead and get it if I like the first one?

AC2 is 100X better than the first.

Just got Assassin's Creed via goozex... played about 3 hours worth so far and it's pretty good. Is AC2 good / should I go ahead and get it if I like the first one?

Without spoiling anything (from either game), can you say why? Just a better story? Better controls? etc.

Without spoiling anything (from either game), can you say why? Just a better story? Better controls? etc.
I'll tell you why after you finish the first one. I'd rather not spoil anything for you.

Assassin Creed 2 is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the first one. I could only get about 6 hours into the first one before dropping it. The second installment I beat all the way through enjoying it much more. I'm not sure if I want to tell you the difference because it might have the shattered window effect on the first one.

Clive barker's jericho is only a $1 on amazon..

it can't be that bad is it?

Clive barker's jericho is only a $1 on amazon..it can't be that bad is it?

Is this game about the short lived TV show from a few years back?

I'll tell you why after you finish the first one. I'd rather not spoil anything for you.
even without discussing story elements, the second one has more mission variety, more moves, slightly better controls, more interesting environments, some rpg elements, and more character development.

I think so.

even without discussing story elements, the second one has more mission variety, more moves, slightly better controls, more interesting environments, some rpg elements, and more character development.
Good info here as I am trying to get into the AC franchise. With that said, do I absolutely need to play the first one to play the second one? I kind of know what the first one is about.. just the basics.

Good info here as I am trying to get into the AC franchise. With that said, do I absolutely need to play the first one to play the second one? I kind of know what the first one is about.. just the basics.

You don't need to play the first one at all.

I played the 2nd without playing the first, and had no problems at all (although I haven't finished it). Never felt like I was missing anything except during the opening sequence. Great game.

I'm not concerned with spoiling any story elements. As madshot said, just telling him what makes the 2nd one better would probably have the shattered window effect. If he doesn't know what's broken, then don't tell him. To put it short, I enjoyed the first one, but the second took everything I hated about the first and improved on it, while keeping the better elements.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :lmao::bag:

I think FBGs only has one hardcore Halo online player in Ren. Everybody else is Gears, CoD, Battlefield, or a combo of the three.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :lmao::bag:

I think FBGs only has one hardcore Halo online player in Ren. Everybody else is Gears, CoD, Battlefield, or a combo of the three.
That and several of the last Halo's sucked donkey nuts.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :goodposting::unsure:

I agree, besides gears and battlefields online play, most shooters actual gameplay is very high on the crapometer. But I do enjoy playing through the campaign with some friends in co-op.With the upcoming Medal of Honor, does anyone know how the games usually play. I have never played a MoH game online and am kind of scared by its CoD clone look.

I think so.
It doesn't have anything to do with the TV series. It's a horror game. There is a demo available on XBL if you want to try it.

I ####ing love Battlefield 2.

It is awesome for about 4 months then starts to get a little older. And that makes me sad.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :penalty::ph34r:

Never played halo. :o

1800 points and 4 tokens in my goozex account. Just hoping to get DA and ME2 which will leave me with a little over 1000 left and 2 tokens still.

Question for going with an ME to ME2 character - are there any opportunities to respec your points? It looks like there are a few new areas to throw points at in ME2 and wanted the option to use them there.

Question for going with an ME to ME2 character - are there any opportunities to respec your points? It looks like there are a few new areas to throw points at in ME2 and wanted the option to use them there.

Your save file that you import over is deemed of one of three categories. Level 1-49, 50-59, or level 60. I believe the level counter went up to 60, if it only goes to 50 just adjust the number down 10. Depending on which level bracket you land in it changes what bonuses you get when starting the new game. The bonuses are starting experience levels(1/3/5), cash, and elements(very helpful) to build items in the second game. I believe you start fresh on skill points and can change or character type, but I'm not positive on that last part since I didn't. Your story choices are set in stone from the last game. Edited by madshot31

It is awesome for about 4 months then starts to get a little older. And that makes me sad.
Possibly. Although I still play a lot of Call of Duty 4, and I've had that game since it first came out.

Possibly. Although I still play a lot of Call of Duty 4, and I've had that game since it first came out.
It just really comes down to the maps. I am a long time BF player - back to BF1942 - and love the franchise, but this one has too few maps. I have invested a ton of time and love the gameplay, just want some variety at this point.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! ;):lmao:

I agree, besides gears and battlefields online play, most shooters actual gameplay is very high on the crapometer. But I do enjoy playing through the campaign with some friends in co-op.With the upcoming Medal of Honor, does anyone know how the games usually play. I have never played a MoH game online and am kind of scared by its CoD clone look.
Loved the 4 player co-op of Halo 3. Loved the campaign in ODST (even though it was way too short) and Firefight mode.Hate everything to do wtih Halo multiplayer though. It's the definition of 12 year old, ADHD, jump constantly while shooting gamplay that I can't stand.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :excited::nerd:

Agree that Gears has some great game modes compared to most other games....and Halo might have the worst (I only liked TDM and CTF). Really hoping they fix that in Reach and that the addition of loadouts will get rid of the jump/shoot/jump/shoot/melee-fest that is 90% of the battles I'm in.

There were some pretty fun FBG times when Halo 3 came out. All sorts of custom games.

Loved the 4 player co-op of Halo 3. Loved the campaign in ODST (even though it was way too short) and Firefight mode.Hate everything to do wtih Halo multiplayer though. It's the definition of 12 year old, ADHD, jump constantly while shooting gamplay that I can't stand.
I can't understand why every shooting game doesn't have a firefight/horde mode - seems like a no brainer to me.

It just really comes down to the maps. I am a long time BF player - back to BF1942 - and love the franchise, but this one has too few maps. I have invested a ton of time and love the gameplay, just want some variety at this point.
I dig.

There were some pretty fun FBG times when Halo 3 came out. All sorts of custom games.

Private matches in any game with a bunch of friends are always fun.

-I highly recommend downloading Hydro Thunder Hurricane in the XBL Arcade if your a racing fan.

-A buddy of mine talked me into getting one of these so I can use my xbox controller on my PC. He also gave me a bunch of games with it including BLUR. It's like Mario Kart but with real cars instead of karts. Pretty fun game as well. He also gave me Crysis which I am looking forward to trying out.

-Can't wait for Halo Reach ;) but still getting my FPS kicks on COD.

I picked up old school Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the XB and am playing it on our 360 with my son in co-op. He is loving it; a little too Golden Ame-ish for me, but it is fun to play with him.

I picked up old school Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the XB and am playing it on our 360 with my son in co-op. He is loving it; a little too Golden Ame-ish for me, but it is fun to play with him.

They are fun hack and slash games in co-op. I like Dark Alliance II better but I wish they still allowed xbox games to work on live. :ninja: Whats your gamer tag on live mad cow?

They are fun hack and slash games in co-op. I like Dark Alliance II better but I wish they still allowed xbox games to work on live. :thumbup: Whats your gamer tag on live mad cow?
TheEyeDocYours?

Currently watching SportsCenter and there is an offer for Sports Illustrated for $59.95 and a free copy of Madden 11 along with the year subscription.

Just a FFA PSA.

ETA: All game platforms were included.

Edited by Tony Jabroni

Currently watching SportsCenter and there is an offer for Sports Illustrated for $59.95 and a free copy of Madden 11 along with the year subscription.Just a FFA PSA.ETA: All game platforms were included.

I believe they did the exact same thing last year, as well. Hmmm. I wonder if it counts to renew for another year?

Currently watching SportsCenter and there is an offer for Sports Illustrated for $59.95 and a free copy of Madden 11 along with the year subscription.Just a FFA PSA.ETA: All game platforms were included.

Appreciate the tip, but I just got an offer for a year of SI for $20. $40 for Madden doesn't seem like a particularly great deal, unless you were planning to buy both at full price anyway...

how do you stop the pump fake glitch on NCAA?

i might stop using ncaa online because of this.

I'm way behind the curve on this one, but I just picked up Borderlands on Steam for $10.19 during their midweek madness. I don't know how long that lasts.

I'm way behind the curve on this one, but I just picked up Borderlands on Steam for $10.19 during their midweek madness. I don't know how long that lasts.

:lmao:Welcome :lmao:

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :lmao: :lmao:

OK...I'm thinking of buying a PS3 soon and I'm looking at this MoH game and wondering how it'll stack up to CoD4 and MW2. Looks good, though. Anyone here played the beta? Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back through this whole thread searching for MoH references, so any help is appreciated.

OK...I'm thinking of buying a PS3 soon and I'm looking at this MoH game and wondering how it'll stack up to CoD4 and MW2. Looks good, though. Anyone here played the beta? Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back through this whole thread searching for MoH references, so any help is appreciated.

I would also like input on how similar/different this is compared to CoD. I have never played a MoH game on or offline. Edited by madshot31

I would also like input on how similar/different this is compared to CoD. I have never played a MoH game on or offline.
MOH Allied Assault was a truly groundbreaking game, IMO. That Normandy level was the level that spawned a thousand copy cats. I still remember playing those SP levels for hours and the feel of it all. :goodposting: Good good stuff. I cannot even imagine how crappy of a computer that was when I played that game, either. :lol: It has bee years.FWIW CoD was originally spawned from some programmers that left the MOH team after MOHAA.

BTW, why is there no official Halo Reach thread yet? It's less than a month away! :X:goodposting:

I played the beta. The only thing I really found frustrating is when you are shooting at the same time at someone, if the other person kills you first, it kind of freezes before you die so you really have no chance to fire back. I understand its a beta, but I figured they would at least have that taken care of before it came out. I have a great connection also. I am usually the host when it comes to multiplayer online games. The thing that sucked about the beta is there was only 1 map to play on (Kabul). Think of Battlefield 2 with COD overtones. MOH is run by the same engine that ran Battlefield 2 (DICE). Edited by JHuber77

Just played the Mafia II demo. Kinda awesome. The music is really cool.

:thumbup: wasn't as bad second time playing the demo.really like teh sand box environment.

Just played the Mafia II demo. Kinda awesome. The music is really cool.

:thumbup: wasn't as bad second time playing the demo.really like teh sand box environment.
I like it too. The game is actually linear, though. It's not really a sandbox game, although you can treat it as such in between missions. I don't believe there will be any side missions or random items to get you off track like GTA, but that can also be a good thing. It's going for a more mobster movie-based theme here with some realism aspects, rather than the parody everything ideas from GTA. As mentioned, the soundtrack is really awesome. I don't know if I'll pick it up for full price, but I may when it drops a little. I got quite a bit of fun out of the demo.

XBox Live players. I recommend you check out Monday Night Combat if you haven't already. I think it's one of the best multiplayer games out this year, but I haven't seen any FBGs playing it. There's a 30 minute trial you can try out first if you're interested, and you can play multiplayer during the trial. The game is 1200 MSP. Check it out.