What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

This looks awesome except that you know that it's going to turn into a complete cluster-#### with randoms: http://n4g.com/news/1526533/rainbow-six-siege-e3-trailer
I used to be a member of a forum called Zero Commit. It was just that. Guys that were older and had no tolerance for kiddie gamers and actually scheduled nights for certain games. This gameplay they showed is EXACTLY how we used to play Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games. You gotta keep your group of good players together. Screw random rooms.

What impressed me the most so far:

Rainbow Six: Siege

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

Batman: Arkham Knight

New Mass Effect in the works!

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

Im sure Ill get it but I just can't imagine what they could do that was more epic than a hybrid race of massive monsters eons old that destroy all advanced life every 50000 years. Anything rlse will feel small on comparison. But of course Ill probably buy a new system just to play the game. Hopefully theyre cheaper in 2015-16 as I doubt this is coming any sooner.

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

Im sure Ill get it but I just can't imagine what they could do that was more epic than a hybrid race of massive monsters eons old that destroy all advanced life every 50000 years. Anything rlse will feel small on comparison. But of course Ill probably buy a new system just to play the game. Hopefully theyre cheaper in 2015-16 as I doubt this is coming any sooner.
The story doesn't have to be about the coming of the apocalypse to be compelling.

This looks awesome except that you know that it's going to turn into a complete cluster-#### with randoms: http://n4g.com/news/1526533/rainbow-six-siege-e3-trailer
I used to be a member of a forum called Zero Commit. It was just that. Guys that were older and had no tolerance for kiddie gamers and actually scheduled nights for certain games. This gameplay they showed is EXACTLY how we used to play Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games. You gotta keep your group of good players together. Screw random rooms.
I still play rainbow six Vegas 2 from time to time in terrorist hunt and I can almost always find a hardcore group like this and it's really fun.

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

The story doesn't have to be about the coming of the apocalypse to be compelling.
No but its hard to start there and then come down.

The inking FPS looks interesting. It looks like something I'd see available on Steam. I like to see some creativity with FPS.

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

Not really sure that I agree that one affects the other, but regardless the story is the last thing to worry about in a Bioware game.

Bloodborne

The Division

FarCry 4

Not really sure that I agree that one affects the other, but regardless the story is the last thing to worry about in a Bioware game.
Like I said, Im in when it comes down.

Battlefield Hardline Beta is going to be available on PS4 and PC today.
Have to admit, even though I've been hard on the announcement, the demo got me stoked. Damn my Battlefield loving self. Already signed up, but Origin is acting up.
I'm shocked. I'll probably download the beta but my expectations are low.
It was expected. It was literally minutes after EA made the announcement. I was surprised I got in to sign up before the servers crashed. I had to go to work anyway, so I could wait. I have it loaded and ready.

The Tick said:
Usual21 said:
I know nothing about this game, never heard of it before this.

After watching that preview, I still know nothing about this game, and it really didn't spark my interest at all...

Maybe I'm missing something.
Basically it's an infinite universe. The programmed random algorithms so the exploration is never ending. No 2 people start off on the same planet. Everytime you visit a planet or spaceship for the first time, it is recorded that you are the first person to ever set on that planet. Once you do, that planet is now in the solar system for someone else to discover. Same thing goes for animal species. Everyone will be in the game universe, just on different planets until they eventually cross paths. As for a storyline, I don't know much about it yet.

Wow so many games I will be buying coming up this year. Last of Us remastered, GTA 5 for PS4, Far Cry 4, Fifa 15, the NBA 2k game.

Am I the only one who literally could not care less for this Destiny game? Seems like everyone is going bonkers over that game.

The Tick said:
Usual21 said:
I know nothing about this game, never heard of it before this.

After watching that preview, I still know nothing about this game, and it really didn't spark my interest at all...

Maybe I'm missing something.
Basically it's an infinite universe. The programmed random algorithms so the exploration is never ending. No 2 people start off on the same planet. Everytime you visit a planet or spaceship for the first time, it is recorded that you are the first person to ever set on that planet. Once you do, that planet is now in the solar system for someone else to discover. Same thing goes for animal species. Everyone will be in the game universe, just on different planets until they eventually cross paths. As for a storyline, I don't know much about it yet.
If it has a decent communication system it could be very interesting with co op team work alliances and such.

At the very minimum it is a ship to ship space shooter with an unlimited galaxy to explore where you can land on planets and discover stuff, and apparently everyone will be playing in the universe. Whether you are interested or not you have to admit is a pretty fresh concept.

I think it is intriguing enough that I have to at least try it. (Demo,beta or buy)

Wow so many games I will be buying coming up this year. Last of Us remastered, GTA 5 for PS4, Far Cry 4, Fifa 15, the NBA 2k game.

Am I the only one who literally could not care less for this Destiny game? Seems like everyone is going bonkers over that game.
It is a game that both x1 guys and PS4 guys can get behind that adds to the fervor.

It is being made by the Halo guys so it is very haloey and that makes x1 guys wet their pants. The PS4 guys like their big epic visually stunning games and they are getting preferential treatment from Bungie.

Bungie has a track record for good games, this is their first real attempt to capture the PS4 audience so the hype PR machine is out of control.

My opinion is it will be like Titanfall and Watch Dogs. It will be a good fun solid game, and that it can't possibly live up to it's own hype.

It is a game that both x1 guys and PS4 guys can get behind that adds to the fervor.

It is being made by the Halo guys so it is very haloey and that makes x1 guys wet their pants. The PS4 guys like their big epic visually stunning games and they are getting preferential treatment from Bungie.

Bungie has a track record for good games, this is their first real attempt to capture the PS4 audience so the hype PR machine is out of control.

My opinion is it will be like Titanfall and Watch Dogs. It will be a good fun solid game, and that it can't possibly live up to it's own hype.
Yeah i get that. I know I am in the minority but one of the reasons I went from Xbox to PS4 was that I just never cared for the Halo games. I knew the big MS games would be Halo and I always wanted to play the PS exclusive games like Last of Us and Uncharted which were more up my alley.

Will there ever be a time where XBOX ONE players and PS4 players can play against each other in the same game? If the developer runs the servers, I don't see the issues.

Will there ever be a time where XBOX ONE players and PS4 players can play against each other in the same game? If the developer runs the servers, I don't see the issues.
There are basically a few issues primarily blocking it, basically Microsoft policies.

First MS won't allow it in most cases.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-won-t-allow-xbox-one-pc-cross-platform-play-says-war-thunder-dev/1100-6418587/

(There are a ton of dev stories like this out there just search like Day Z for example, MS is a ### about this)

Second MS has a policy that a game has to be launched on MS first is a lost of cases. Or it can't be cross plat even if they allow it.

Third MS really hates free to play games which a lot of crossers are.

These games come out on PC, or are free to play and they go to Sony because Sony is indie friendly so the PC games tend to get there first and then MS doesn't want anything to do with them.

My guess is they don't allow it because they feel they want to have a captive audience in respect to games with the not cross platform policy, they don't want to look like they got scooped on a great game by being the last one on board and they don't like free to play for whatever reason.

So am I the only one who will end up with all three consoles this gen?

Disclaimer: Some guys buy snowmobiles, four-wheelers or midlife-crisis-mobiles. I buy games.

Disclaimer: Some guys buy snowmobiles, four-wheelers or midlife-crisis-mobiles. I buy games.
Naw there are some other rich guys with poor impulse control out there. :D

I buy games too, but I don't have enough time to play all the games on one console much less three of them. I can't be the guy who has 200 unplayed games because he can't resist a good Steam sale.

Naw there are some other rich guys with poor impulse control out there. :D I buy games too, but I don't have enough time to play all the games on one console much less three of them. I can't be the guy who has 200 unplayed games because he can't resist a good Steam sale.
Speaking of Steam, when is the Summer sale? 6/20ish?

Naw there are some other rich guys with poor impulse control out there. :D I buy games too, but I don't have enough time to play all the games on one console much less three of them. I can't be the guy who has 200 unplayed games because he can't resist a good Steam sale.
I have no idea. However, they skipped the Spring Sale this year, which they had last year. Not sure what that was. GOG, Gamersgate and others were having their Spring Sale, nada from Steam.

I have no idea. However, they skipped the Spring Sale this year, which they had last year. Not sure what that was. GOG, Gamersgate and others were having their Spring Sale, nada from Steam.
For the record, there was no spring sale last year either. Other than minor sales, they've never had one between the winter and summer sale.

Here's a history of the major sales:

2013 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale

2013 - Jul 11 - Jul 22 - Summer Sale
2012 - Dec 20 - Jan 5 - Holiday Sale
2012 - Nov 21 - Nov 26 - Autumn Sale
2012 - Oct 29 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2012 - Jul 13 - Jul 23 - Summer Sale
2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale
2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 10 - Summer Sale
2010 - Dec 20 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
2010 - Oct 28 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 4 - Summer Sale
2009 - Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holiday Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
I played War Thunder on PS4 for a while a couple of days ago. It's basically a multi-player version of the xb360 game Birds of Steel, but with tanks thrown in.

It's in beta, and a bit hard to follow all of the goings-on outside of the battle, but the battle portion was pretty fun, although I did accidentally shoot down one of my allies.

Fired up World Of Tanks on 360 last night, and it appears that War Thunder ripped almost everything off from it. It's more polished, and it's also free. I haven't actually played a battle, but the training was very similar to what I saw in War Thunder.

I'm not sure which one will win more of my time, but they both have merit.

Me too (have an Xbox One now, will buy a PS4 likely later this year. Not really interested in what Nintendo offers, though)

I'm simply a gamer. I'm a release-day buyer of more games than I probably should be, I'm always trading in games that didn't grab me, etc. I get that I'm losing money by buying a new release for $60, and trading it in / selling it on ebay a month later for $30. I know I should wait six months / a year and buy Watchdogs for $25. But I don't. And I don't care - I truly enjoy the hobby.

Origin is having some solid deals (PC) going right now.

Titanfall is 50% off at $29.99

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Dead Space 3 is also $9.99

jwb said:

Me too (have an Xbox One now, will buy a PS4 likely later this year. Not really interested in what Nintendo offers, though)

I'm simply a gamer. I'm a release-day buyer of more games than I probably should be, I'm always trading in games that didn't grab me, etc. I get that I'm losing money by buying a new release for $60, and trading it in / selling it on ebay a month later for $30. I know I should wait six months / a year and buy Watchdogs for $25. But I don't. And I don't care - I truly enjoy the hobby.
Even when you wait you can get fooled. I have watched numerous trailers for a game that's been out and getting great reviews. I buy it and it never grabs me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread