What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (9 Viewers)

So I gave FO3 a try again (thanks again NCC) and ended up killing a couple of super mutants which according to my boys I shouldn't be able to do at level 3....I got lucky and was able to use cover very effectively. I got a big hammer which I used to kill some random dude that was shooting at me and took powered armor off him although it says I can't use it till I get training somewhere which sucks since it weighs so much. I also got a mini gun which mowed 4 other mutants after I got it.

So now it is a little more interesting so I guess I might keep trying it and pay a little more attention to what I am doing. Thanks again NCC :finger: :P

Origin is having some solid deals (PC) going right now.

Titanfall is 50% off at $29.99

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Dead Space 3 is also $9.99
Green man gaming is also running specials on the WB franchise (batman and Legos). 75% off with another 15 off code. ifdsum-mersal-e15offhttp://www.greenmangaming.com/?emst=gxIrhkobb2_548730_477975_526
Never heard of GMG before, do they have a good rep?
Yes. Some call them better than Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Green man gaming is also running specials on the WB franchise (batman and Legos). 75% off with another 15 off code. ifdsum-mersal-e15offhttp://www.greenmangaming.com/?emst=gxIrhkobb2_548730_477975_526
Yes I've purchased from them before no issue. They are very reputable.

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Yes I've purchased from them before no issue. They are very reputable.
Other than their servers usually crash when offering popular deals my experience with them has been without note (which is good).

So I gave FO3 a try again (thanks again NCC) and ended up killing a couple of super mutants which according to my boys I shouldn't be able to do at level 3....I got lucky and was able to use cover very effectively. I got a big hammer which I used to kill some random dude that was shooting at me and took powered armor off him although it says I can't use it till I get training somewhere which sucks since it weighs so much. I also got a mini gun which mowed 4 other mutants after I got it.

So now it is a little more interesting so I guess I might keep trying it and pay a little more attention to what I am doing. Thanks again NCC :finger: :P
My pleasure.

Bioware says Dragon Age Inquisition can have over 40 endings. And, of course, the FB comments are :lol:

Wow 40 different colours? BioWare stepping up their game.

Green=kill the dragon, blue=have sex with the dragon, red=kill yourself the end

These endings aren't going to be just a bunch of slideshows in which only one of the images is different from the other 39 endings, are they?

Wow, 40 different endings? That is going to be a lot of hue variation in those cut scenes!

Didn't realise there were 40 separate, distinct, colours.

:lol:

Bioware says Dragon Age Inquisition can have over 40 endings. And, of course, the FB comments are :lol:

These endings aren't going to be just a bunch of slideshows in which only one of the images is different from the other 39 endings, are they?

Wow, 40 different endings? That is going to be a lot of hue variation in those cut scenes!

:lmao:

No Man's Sky -

This game was made by a tiny studio of just a few people, its an Indie game. Not sure why people are going nuts over this N64 looking game, but some people just love these stupid Indie games. I for one cant understand how anyone wants to play old looking games on a PS4.

:lmao:
40 different ways to have sex with a dragon, progressive.

Yeah I'm just not connecting with No Man's Sky. As a concept, it's interesting. But as I think about how it's likely to go in practice, I doubt this is going to do it for me.

Some indie games are really good and I'm happy to have been able to play them. I loved Don't Starve and Outlast. I'm also jealous that Xbox is getting Cuphead, which looks pretty awesome. These things are really hit and miss though. If somebody told me that they lost interest in Don't Starve after 5 minutes, I wouldn't blame them in the slightest.

Yeah I'm just not connecting with No Man's Sky. As a concept, it's interesting. But as I think about how it's likely to go in practice, I doubt this is going to do it for me.

Some indie games are really good and I'm happy to have been able to play them. I loved Don't Starve and Outlast. I'm also jealous that Xbox is getting Cuphead, which looks pretty awesome. These things are really hit and miss though. If somebody told me that they lost interest in Don't Starve after 5 minutes, I wouldn't blame them in the slightest.
Honestly the only Indy games I really care to play involve puzzles of some kind because if the puzzle is good enough, that's all I need to enjoy the game. I loved Braid, I loved Limbo, and that's about it. The rest of the Indy games I tried, I lasted maybe 30 minutes.

haha funny you say that, I literally gave up after two minutes since I don't think they even explained the concept of the game and it looked totally boring walking around the map. Only PS4 Indie game i enjoyed was Dead Nation and for a few minutes Resogun

No Man's Sky -

Current gen couldn't do a game like that. Think of an open-world galaxy game that doesn't have limits. At all. That's what this is. It may not look pretty (to you), but neither does Minecraft. This game is supposed to be as expansive as Minecraft.

Journey was an amazing indie game too. I still break it out now and then for a walk to the mountain.

Going through FO3 withdrawal for the past week and will be continuing the withdrawal for another week. Some updates would be nice NCC. You know. If you are so inclined.

Going through FO3 withdrawal for the past week and will be continuing the withdrawal for another week. Some updates would be nice NCC. You know. If you are so inclined.
Well I don't have anything today but I am hoping to get a little time tonight. I will purposely look for something good to get into.

Tried Witcher 2, didn't take in the hour spent so moved on to Arkham Asylum. So far very enjoyable.

Tried Witcher 2, didn't take in the hour spent so moved on to Arkham Asylum. So far very enjoyable.
I had to get into the game a bit more than that before I started to get into it. It didn't start to take for me until after I got to the first town and could start doing missions and stuff.

The character I made for this FFA-inspired replay finished the main story and is now wandering around with Fawkes. Still have the Steel whateveritis DLC to play.

I might go back and play my old level 29 guy with the Explorer perk, just to visit every place on the map.

I also had this wacky idea to start over and play as a drug addict with zero morals. Every drug I find, I shoot ASAP. I pretty much ignored the drugs in all previous plays even though the designers made it a significant part of the game. Could be fun. Maybe.

This also includes alcohol. Maybe I'd beeline for that Russian nut's place and take over his pad. It'd make a great junkie HQ.

Any suggestions from Steam for a good vacationer? I have a decent laptop but it's several year old at this point so graphics limited - as an example, Mass Effect runs okay, Mass Effect 2 was a little shaky. CIV5 works great if run in DirectX 9 but not DirectX10...

So I just happened into a 1.5 year old computer with a decent video card and 8gb ram with win7. Before this I had a 7 year old xp machine with 4gb ram and a ancient video card. I am a console player and love the gears/borderlands/portal series and many indie games. I know I have missed a ton of stuff on PC with steam and its deals but what would you guys recommend for games that aren't on xbox 360/one that have solid stories or just are fun. Besides gears my favorite game of all time is diablo 2, but I already have #3 for console.

So I just happened into a 1.5 year old computer with a decent video card and 8gb ram with win7. Before this I had a 7 year old xp machine with 4gb ram and a ancient video card. I am a console player and love the gears/borderlands/portal series and many indie games. I know I have missed a ton of stuff on PC with steam and it's deal but what would you guys recommend for games that aren't on xbox 360/one that have solid stories or just are fun. Besides gears my favorite game of all time in diablo 2, but I already have #3 for console.
Path of Exile is probably the obvious choice for you.

Any suggestions from Steam for a good vacationer? I have a decent laptop but it's several year old at this point so graphics limited - as an example, Mass Effect runs okay, Mass Effect 2 was a little shaky. CIV5 works great if run in DirectX 9 but not DirectX10...
Vactioner? You mean games to play while on vacation?

Here are some highly rated shorter games that are pretty easy to jump in and out of (not a ton of cut scenes or dialogue prompts like ME)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth *******

I enjoyed the whole series. Arkham City was the best IMO. I just picked up a DLC for Arkham Origins.
I have Arkham City GOTY and Origins in the wings if this goes well.
All great games. I prefer Asylum more, due to the story being a bit tighter than the other too, but the gameplay is top notch in all of them.

Here are some highly rated shorter games that are pretty easy to jump in and out of (not a ton of cut scenes or dialogue prompts like ME)

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth *******
Rogue Legacy was also just on sale for $5, but it's back to regular $15 price. It's a game I really enjoy and worth the $15 price.

Since you're a big fan of Diablo, you should play Torchlight II. It's made by the some of the original devs of Diablo 1 & 2. (that was aimed at madshot)

Along the same lines as Torchlight, there's Magicka, if you've never grabbed it before during one if its many sales.

Another game I've been playing lately is Valdis Story: Abyssal City. It plays like a Metroidvania with a lot of RPG elements and fight combos. Very fun game so far and I'm enjoying it.

A similar game to Valdis Story that I played a while back, which was very good, was Dust: An Elysian Tail. However, if you have a Xbox 360, you should already have this game, since it was offered for free a month back during the Games for Gold promotion.

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth *******

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac - Have it. Cool but a little too twitchy

FEZ

FTL - Have it, love it, have played the hell out of it.

Mark of the Ninja - Have it - too platformy for me.

Portal & Portal 2 - Done them but good suggestions.

The Swapper

Stealth *******

I'll check out the others

No Man's Sky -

Huh? The reason people are excited about the re-release of the halo games is because of the updated graphics to go along with populated servers again.

I'm not a graphics who're myself, but for me to buy a new system I would have to see a noticeable upgrade in that area. If the graphics aren't any better, what's the point?

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth *******

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac - Have it. Cool but a little too twitchy

FEZ

FTL - Have it, love it, have played the hell out of it.

Mark of the Ninja - Have it - too platformy for me.

Portal & Portal 2 - Done them but good suggestions.

The Swapper

Stealth *******

I'll check out the others
Also Bastion

Orcs Must Die 1 & 2

TRINE 1 & 2 - those are awesome

Gratuitous Space Battles

So as mentioned I got in some time with FO3. Just me and DM. Fawkes is such overkill at this point. DM and I are taking down Deathclaws 2 and 3 at a time no sweat.

I still have the nuka cola challenge I am doing. I have 25 bottles need 5 more. I went to the Nuka factory to get the shipping documents. It's actually a pretty easy crawl. Some robots and a few mirelurks bit no kings or anything. Now I guess there are a couple of ways to do this. There is a shipping manager robot. If you have high speech you can tell him you are the owner and he will give you everything you need. Or you can kill him and make it a touch harder on yourself. I went with talking this time. I got the key for the secret formula safe from him and the password for the shipping computer. With that help I was also able to complete that little sidequest in this sidequest and sold the secret formula to a hockey gang. Yes I said hockey. And then find where they sent the trucks. I am afraid I may have raided the trucks already and gotten all the cola. But we'll see. Remember while you are there to run the assembly line that gives you 4 nuka colas.

From there I went wondering in the general direction of where the trucks went. Then I got bored and started hitting locations. Have been wanting to see what these sat comm location were like. So along the way I find I am really close to the Yao Gaui cave so I says to myself have to go in there. It's a spooky little crawl with some decent goodies but I was hoping for like a king Yao Gaui or something. No luck. Cleared it out though. After that took on the aforementioned gang of deathclaws. It's funny it wasn't that long ago I would have been looking for the exit but now it was just like "good some more deathclaw hands". I am so going to the deathclaw sanctuary this weekend. Finally got to the sat comm site and it was infested with raiders. Not much great stuff but killing those guys is always worth a walk. Oh I forgot I ended up in the middle of a firefight between the Enclave and those Talon jerks outside the sat comm site. Talon guys beat the Enclave then I killed them.

It was a good day.

So as mentioned I got in some time with FO3. Just me and DM. Fawkes is such overkill at this point. DM and I are taking down Deathclaws 2 and 3 at a time no sweat.

I still have the nuka cola challenge I am doing. I have 25 bottles need 5 more. I went to the Nuka factory to get the shipping documents. It's actually a pretty easy crawl. Some robots and a few mirelurks bit no kings or anything. Now I guess there are a couple of ways to do this. There is a shipping manager robot. If you have high speech you can tell him you are the owner and he will give you everything you need. Or you can kill him and make it a touch harder on yourself. I went with talking this time. I got the key for the secret formula safe from him and the password for the shipping computer. With that help I was also able to complete that little sidequest in this sidequest and sold the secret formula to a hockey gang. Yes I said hockey. And then find where they sent the trucks. I am afraid I may have raided the trucks already and gotten all the cola. But we'll see. Remember while you are there to run the assembly line that gives you 4 nuka colas.

From there I went wondering in the general direction of where the trucks went. Then I got bored and started hitting locations. Have been wanting to see what these sat comm location were like. So along the way I find I am really close to the Yao Gaui cave so I says to myself have to go in there. It's a spooky little crawl with some decent goodies but I was hoping for like a king Yao Gaui or something. No luck. Cleared it out though. After that took on the aforementioned gang of deathclaws. It's funny it wasn't that long ago I would have been looking for the exit but now it was just like "good some more deathclaw hands". I am so going to the deathclaw sanctuary this weekend. Finally got to the sat comm site and it was infested with raiders. Not much great stuff but killing those guys is always worth a walk. Oh I forgot I ended up in the middle of a firefight between the Enclave and those Talon jerks outside the sat comm site. Talon guys beat the Enclave then I killed them.

It was a good day.
Check out the Capitol Building for some good times in a firefight. Talon Co vs. Supermutants (with a Behemoth). One of my most joyful FO3 moments was unleashing a cavalcade of mini-nukes right in the middle of the fight. Yellow mutants flesh and black combat armor everywhere. Weeeee!

It was a good day.
Check out the Capitol Building for some good times in a firefight. Talon Co vs. Supermutants (with a Behemoth). One of my most joyful FO3 moments was unleashing a cavalcade of mini-nukes right in the middle of the fight. Yellow mutants flesh and black combat armor everywhere. Weeeee!
That does sound like fun and I have a ton of those mini-nukes. Seriously I must have like 40 altogether. Been looking for somewhere to use them. Will have to check it out.

I'll never be able to finish that Nuka Challenge quest though. I keep making all my quantums into grenades. They're the best in the game.

I'll never be able to finish that Nuka Challenge quest though. I keep making all my quantums into grenades. They're the best in the game.
Yeah I used a few for that which is why I am thinking i may not be able to get to 30. But I have 25 it would suck to be that close.

Yeah I used a few for that which is why I am thinking i may not be able to get to 30. But I have 25 it would suck to be that close.
I think there's 95ish total in the game, unless you have the Pittsburgh DLC. Then there's some way to make your own.

I think there's 95ish total in the game, unless you have the Pittsburgh DLC. Then there's some way to make your own.
Yeah you can get the recipe or something right? I forgot about that. Well I have so many locations left to visit I assume I'll run across enough.

Yeah you can get the recipe or something right? I forgot about that. Well I have so many locations left to visit I assume I'll run across enough.
No idea. I only have the Brotherhood of Steel DLC (or whatever it's called).

No idea. I only have the Brotherhood of Steel DLC (or whatever it's called).
Well Broken Steel is a great DLC. Really seamless to me. I was halfway through it before I realized I wasn't just finishing the main story. I did get all the DLC though. People seem to like The Pitt but it was awful short and meh to me. Operation Anchorage was fun and you get the best armor in the game from that. Mothership Zetta was kind of cool because you get ammo and repair goo for the Alien Blaster. And Point Lookout was really good. Tougher enemies and kind of a decent story involved.

great bunch of games here...info from slickdeals....

GOG.com has the Dungeons & Dragons Masterset (PC Digital Download) for $21.10. Refer to forum thread for additional details. Thanks bug42

• D&D Master Set Includes (10 Games):Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga (pictured)
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
  • Icewind Dale Complete
  • Icewind Dale 2 Complete
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
  • Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Users who are viewing this thread