What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

great bunch of games here...info from slickdeals....

GOG.com has the Dungeons & Dragons Masterset (PC Digital Download) for $21.10. Refer to forum thread for additional details. Thanks bug42

• D&D Master Set Includes (10 Games):Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga (pictured)
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
  • Icewind Dale Complete
  • Icewind Dale 2 Complete
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
  • Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Yeah, grabbed that for myself. :nerd:

Tried Witcher 2, didn't take in the hour spent so moved on to Arkham Asylum. So far very enjoyable.
I enjoyed the whole series. Arkham City was the best IMO. I just picked up a DLC for Arkham Origins.
I have Arkham City GOTY and Origins in the wings if this goes well.
Really enjoyed the first two, thought they were just good fun action games that didn't take that long to finish unlike when you get lost in the epic RPG's. Origins is in my list to buy. My only difficulty with the games was that I'm not the best combo button guy. I tend to just mash the attack button and hope it all goes well. Made a couple fights kinda difficult and I needed to get a little lucky.

How could I have broken the FO3 storyline?

I got to a credit roll screen last night, seemingly way too early.
Only do the main missions?

I think I purposely waited to complete the final few main missions until all side mission were done. This was pre-DLC, so when I did get to the credits, I couldn't go back.

Only do the main missions?I think I purposely waited to complete the final few main missions until all side mission were done. This was pre-DLC, so when I did get to the credits, I couldn't go back.
i killed the pres, went back to the brotherhood, attacked the project purity and the BLAM game over?
I have some saves I can revert back to. But I was shocked when it ended.

Only do the main missions?I think I purposely waited to complete the final few main missions until all side mission were done. This was pre-DLC, so when I did get to the credits, I couldn't go back.
i killed the pres, went back to the brotherhood, attacked the project purity and the BLAM game over?
I have some saves I can revert back to. But I was shocked when it ended.
That's it. Without the Broken Steel DLC, the game ends. This was the major gripe about the game when it first launched. Fortunately, Broken Steel is both fun to play and fixes all that. It even raises the level cap to 30.

For now, it's best just to play through the main mission until you get power armor training and access to the Citadel. Then go off on your own and explore.

GOG.com has the Dungeons & Dragons Masterset (PC Digital Download) for $21.10. Refer to forum thread for additional details. Thanks bug42

• D&D Master Set Includes (10 Games):Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga (pictured)
  • Icewind Dale Complete
Would a 1.5GHz laptop with 2MB RAM run these games? I would think so right?

• D&D Master Set Includes (10 Games):
  • Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga (pictured)
  • Icewind Dale Complete
Would a 1.5GHz laptop with 2MB RAM run these games? I would think so right?
Does a bugbear crap in the woods?

TRINE 1 & 2 - those are awesome
Trine 2 is free on PS+ this month. I downloaded it out of obligation, but I'm not a particular fan of platformers or puzzle games so I didn't even boot it up. But my son started playing it and said it was really good, so I gave it a shot. You guys are right -- this is actually a really nice title. I'm going solo for now but I'm looking forward to doing some co-op later on; this game should really shine in MP co-op.

Went and bought FIFA World Cup. This game has changed since the last time I played it, circa N64. I have to get used to the movements of the players cause I have played ~10 games and have scored one goal. I am awesome.

Passing - I'm okay at. Can make them and control them.

Dribbling - Need major work knowing the control pad short cuts and all.

Shooting - Getting the hang of it but still weak.

I can see this game being tons of fun but for now it is highly frustrating.

Trine 2 is free on PS+ this month. I downloaded it out of obligation, but I'm not a particular fan of platformers or puzzle games so I didn't even boot it up. But my son started playing it and said it was really good, so I gave it a shot. You guys are right -- this is actually a really nice title. I'm going solo for now but I'm looking forward to doing some co-op later on; this game should really shine in MP co-op.
I hate platforming games, and LOVE Trine. Trine is great, Trine 2 also but have not done MP as of yet.

I hate platforming games, and LOVE Trine. Trine is great, Trine 2 also but have not done MP as of yet.
I still haven't played Trine 2 even though I got it at launch. I'll play the MP with you sometime, Doc.

Also, going into next week's Steam sale, I decided to do a count on my backlog of games. Current backlog count: 71 (only counting X360, XBLA, Wii and PC games - the number would be in triple digits if I included older games that I've always wanted to go back and play)

Last edited by a moderator:
So Arkham Asylum is a lot of fun, but I could do without the Max Payne sequences.
All three Batman games are amazing fun. If your a Batman fan…it is video game bliss.

Playing through Origins right now. Only 10% in and already love it.

So Arkham Asylum is a lot of fun, but I could do without the Max Payne sequences.
Not sure what you're talking about. The Scarecrow sequences? If so, Asylum was the first game since Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem to do that.

You may be referring to something else that I can't recall.

Not sure what you're talking about. The Scarecrow sequences? If so, Asylum was the first game since Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem to do that.You may be referring to something else that I can't recall.
Yes. Very reminiscent of the Max Payne dream sequences.

Rogue Legacy is $3.74 for the next 2 hrs on GOG.com. Buy it now if you don't want to wait for the Steam summer sale next week.

Weekend Update:

You know we talked earlier in the thread about Bethesda burnout. But the flip side of that is how easy it is to slip right back into a game. It's like I never took a break.

On another note man is that dog tough. I know they say he can die but you must have to nuke him. Toe to toe with 4 Mutant Masters, an Overlord and 2 Brutes before I can get there and still going. Races ahead of me and kills a brute using a tri-laser before I can find them. Smartest thing I did an early game with plenty of mistakes was take him on. Fawkes is cool and all but I would miss not playing with DM. Pretty silly to get attached to a bunch of pixels but there it is.

I know I said I was going to the Death Claw Sanctuary but ..Squirrel and so I spent my time in downtown DC. Really that is where I have the most unfound locations anyway.

I took your good advice and fought my way into the Capitol Bldg. Very cool. I don't know if I get credit for that Behemoth or not. I thought about it later I probably should have killed everything else first and then iced the big guy. But in the end everyone was killed and that's what matters right? The whole bldg was a pretty good crawl. Lots of shooting and mayhem not so much on the goodies side unless I missed something. But lots of fun.

Found Mama Dolce's. OMG zombie Chinese soldiers. OK non-feral ghoul Chinese soldiers. Do ghouls have some kind of extended longevity? Anyway lots of fun and this is your place for Chinese Assault Rifles. Also you discover they were there for an espionage plot. Big crawl, 2 buildings, lots of Chinese gear. Interesting twist on the usual suspects.

Why was Hubris comics not full of friggin' comic books? I have to say I was a little disappointed in this one. I mean I didn't seriously expect to get a ton of comics but maybe some special one or something? This is where DM ran into that group of muties. I wanted to just grenade them since they were packed so tight into a little hall but couldn't because he was in the middle of them. I will say the headshots seemed to work. This place does have a pretty good number of mutants. These days I see mostly masters and overlords so not sure what you'll find. 3 levels, some goodies.

Found Dukov's Place. Nice setup. Halfdressed women and liquor. Seems like a decent guy. Went there to pickpocket his special key to use in Fort Constantine. It looks like the one strumpet may be able to follow you but I didn't bother. Although watching her fight in her baby doll might be fun. So nothing to report from here other than half naked women and free booze.

Went to Vault-Tec HQ. I feel like I had to have missed something here. Seriously at least a bobblehead. I will check Youtube I guess. But this was mostly robot battles. There were some goodies but nothing all that special.

I completed the Nuke Cola Challenge. Took the nuka colas to the chick. She was very happy. I mentioned the guy was just trying to "get into her pants" and she gave me the "why would he want these things?" Ok. I moved on. I hope he finally gets that but I doubt it.

Ran into my first ghouls just hanging out in the outside. No real radiation source or anything. Haven't seen this since I went to the island. Reavers are tougher than Deathclaws IMO.

And as I mentioned I am working Fort Constantine. I need one more special key. Dave of Dave's Republic had one. Dukov had one. And the stoner in Rivet City has one. He's next on my pickpocket list. I cheat and use a stealth boy but I have like 40 of them.

So an eventful weekend in the DC wasteland.

Note to YF23. You will want to avoid the Corvega Factory if you still have an ant aversion. No fire ants. But lots of workers and a big queen ant. She shoots some kind of acid I think but is easy to avoid. There are lots of areas on catwalks she can't get on so you just snipe her from above. The factory itself isn't very notable otherwise.

Well crap. I went to download the dlc content last night and I don't have a hard drive. So no dlc content.

Wandered around getting keys for mr. Crowley the nice way although I did kill tenpenny. Told Crowley I was keeping them. He tried to step up but I turned him and his friends into piles of ash.

Good to be back. Tha ks for the heads up ncc.

Question. Once you clear a place do bad guys ever show up again? Like can yiu clear the entire map of every menance?

Well crap. I went to download the dlc content last night and I don't have a hard drive. So no dlc content.

Wandered around getting keys for mr. Crowley the nice way although I did kill tenpenny. Told Crowley I was keeping them. He tried to step up but I turned him and his friends into piles of ash.

Question. Once you clear a place do bad guys ever show up again? Like can yiu clear the entire map of every menance?
For the most part once you clear a location it stays clear. Now with that said the game has a certain amount of randomness involved and sometimes a place will have new enemies in it. Like some ghouls may wander in or something. And some limited number of places seem to respawn a bit. Like the school house outside of Megaton. It seems like raiders repopulate it on a regular basis.

As far as clearing the whole map I don't see how. There are only so many Behemoths so you can clear the map of them, but, as far as I can tell everything else respawns randomly and often.

PS+ deals this week.

Link

HDD Gaming Deal: 'ICO,' 'The Shadow of the Colossus,' and Several Other PS3 Titles Only $5 Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 08:40 AM PDT by Brian Hoss

Ten games on sale.

Starting tomorrow and going through June 23rd, several PS3 titles, as well as a few PS4 and PS Vita titles will be on sale on PSN. As is often the case these days, the best deals will be available to PS Plus members. These deals include both 'ICO,' and 'Shadow of the Colossus' in their upgraded PS3 versions for $5 apiece, and several other titles can be had for $5 or less.

The lineup of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita games will be on sale through June 23rd.

Title/Original Price/Sale Price/PS Plus Price

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition (PS4) $14.99 $7.49 $3.75

Flower (PS4) $6.99 $4.99 $3.49

Flower (PS3) $6.99 $4.99 $3.49

Flower (PS Vita) $6.99 $4.99 $3.49

ICO (PS3) $19.99 $9.99 $5.00

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) $29.99 $14.99 $7.50

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) $19.99 $9.99 $5.00

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3) $14.99 $9.99 N/A

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $14.99 $9.99 N/A

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) $19.99 $9.99 $5.00

Tearaway (PS Vita) $35.99 $24.99 $17.49

Twisted Metal (PS3) $19.99 $9.99 $5.00

For the most part once you clear a location it stays clear. Now with that said the game has a certain amount of randomness involved and sometimes a place will have new enemies in it. Like some ghouls may wander in or something. And some limited number of places seem to respawn a bit. Like the school house outside of Megaton. It seems like raiders repopulate it on a regular basis.

As far as clearing the whole map I don't see how. There are only so many Behemoths so you can clear the map of them, but, as far as I can tell everything else respawns randomly and often.
IIRC, many areas always have spawn points for "encounters" when you enter them. For example, if you are a do-gooder, Talon Company mercs spawn quite frequently and ambush you. Like almost every time you exist a subway. Encounters are somewhat random, certain areas are keyed to more common things like Raiders or supermutants or caravans, while others are more random or unique like a guy being chased by a deathclaw that has specs for a weapon on his body. You can "clear an area" but sometimes the common enemies respawn unless its a scripted area (i remember a bear cave that had scripted attacks with You Gai breaking thru walls and barriers.) Killing an NPC leaves them dead forever though.There's a wiki that explains it all in detail if someone really wants to know.

So as mentioned I got in some time with FO3. Just me and DM. Fawkes is such overkill at this point. DM and I are taking down Deathclaws 2 and 3 at a time no sweat.

I still have the nuka cola challenge I am doing. I have 25 bottles need 5 more. I went to the Nuka factory to get the shipping documents. It's actually a pretty easy crawl. Some robots and a few mirelurks bit no kings or anything. Now I guess there are a couple of ways to do this. There is a shipping manager robot. If you have high speech you can tell him you are the owner and he will give you everything you need. Or you can kill him and make it a touch harder on yourself. I went with talking this time. I got the key for the secret formula safe from him and the password for the shipping computer. With that help I was also able to complete that little sidequest in this sidequest and sold the secret formula to a hockey gang. Yes I said hockey. And then find where they sent the trucks. I am afraid I may have raided the trucks already and gotten all the cola. But we'll see. Remember while you are there to run the assembly line that gives you 4 nuka colas.

From there I went wondering in the general direction of where the trucks went. Then I got bored and started hitting locations. Have been wanting to see what these sat comm location were like. So along the way I find I am really close to the Yao Gaui cave so I says to myself have to go in there. It's a spooky little crawl with some decent goodies but I was hoping for like a king Yao Gaui or something. No luck. Cleared it out though. After that took on the aforementioned gang of deathclaws. It's funny it wasn't that long ago I would have been looking for the exit but now it was just like "good some more deathclaw hands". I am so going to the deathclaw sanctuary this weekend. Finally got to the sat comm site and it was infested with raiders. Not much great stuff but killing those guys is always worth a walk. Oh I forgot I ended up in the middle of a firefight between the Enclave and those Talon jerks outside the sat comm site. Talon guys beat the Enclave then I killed them.

It was a good day.
Check out the Capitol Building for some good times in a firefight. Talon Co vs. Supermutants (with a Behemoth). One of my most joyful FO3 moments was unleashing a cavalcade of mini-nukes right in the middle of the fight. Yellow mutants flesh and black combat armor everywhere. Weeeee!
Just saw this post. IIRC, there is a spot where you can fire artillery down on these guys as they fight it out or maybe that is a different building I am confusing it with.

finally getting a cheap computer that can handle civ 5, but have heard mixed reviews. is it worth the purchase, or should I stick with 3, 4, and alpha centauri?

finally getting a cheap computer that can handle civ 5, but have heard mixed reviews. is it worth the purchase, or should I stick with 3, 4, and alpha centauri?
5 with all the expansions is very good.
so if I buy it, spend the $50 for game and expansions? what have people not liked about it? I don't think I have not enjoyed a civ game yet.
It was a big change from 4. Took people awhile to warm up to it.

5 with all the expansions is very good.
so if I buy it, spend the $50 for game and expansions?what have people not liked about it? I don't think I have not enjoyed a civ game yet.
It was a big change from 4. Took people awhile to warm up to it.
Some think it's a bit simplified from previous versions and I suppose that's true compared to the fully expand IV. There's still plenty there though.

FO3 updatish...

As I had mentioned, I have all the keys from Mr. Crowley's quest. Got them the nice way except for Tenpenny whom I killed. I shot him in the head but not with the sniper so it turned out that didn't count as a headshot. Anyhoo. Go back to Crowley and in the talking options I eventually choose the screw you I'm keeping the keys. This turns his littel green dot on the pipboy system red as it does all the other people in the bar in Underworld. Of course, my plasme rifle and my SuperMutant sidekick make quick work of these ridiculously stupid ghouls. Crowley is now a pile of ash.

But therein lies the problem. My quest still tells me to give him the keys. I cannot do that. It also tells me to, alternatively, go tell Tenpenny that Crowley is dead. Can't do that either unless Tenpenny can hear me frm beyond the grave. Although his body is still at the top of the tower just sitting in his chair outside. So, I can't give the keys to anyone and I can't report that anyone is dead. So, I decide to just go to the fort where the keys work.

Find the CO's office and the secret passage down to the safe and get all those goodies. Used one of the keys. Did not launch the ICBM. At least, not yet. Go back outside and go into what I thought was the main building - personnel office or something - and I'm walking around there now. So that brings me up to speed.

But my problem is this - what do I do with this quest? I read that the fort has some kind of armor to find so I am assuming I need to search the place until I find that - when I do that does that end the quest I am on as an alternate ending or am I going to have this little glitch in my quest list where I can never clear the Mr. Crowley part of this whole thing? Anyone know?

Oh, and I accepted the mission from Tenpenny's head of security to go after the ghouls, but the play there is to let the ghouls raid the tower, correct? I just surpised the tower didn't turn into a war zone when I shot Tenpenny. No one seems to care.

damn you guys. been really fighting the urge to start another round of FO3. game sucks so much time out of me at night.

I havent been able to play any DL content since I have an old 360 w/o a harddrive. I have a flash drive now- I assume it will work to put it on that?

damn you guys. been really fighting the urge to start another round of FO3. game sucks so much time out of me at night.

I havent been able to play any DL content since I have an old 360 w/o a harddrive. I have a flash drive now- I assume it will work to put it on that?
I would think so. I was wondering can't you add a hard drive or were there models that just don't have that option at all? Been so long since the early ones I don't recall. Love having the hard drive with mine.

No you can't. That's the problem I ran into. The DLC for FO3 will not work on a flash drive. It needs a hard drive. I have the GotY edition and it had a second sisk that II never knew what it was for and read that it had all the DLC's on it and I needed to download them so that they become part of the game. Tried it two nights ago. Doesn't work. I even erased my entire GTA-V saved info from the flash and the internal drive thinking it was a space issue and still nothing. Read online that FO3 and a few other games need an atual hard drive to download into and they won't accept a flash unless you do some massive hacker stuff to yoru XBox that I am in no mood to try.

This is why I've changed my focus again and am now just trying to explore everywhere I possibly can while the final mission is sitting there ready for me to except. Because once I do that, it is my understanding, without the DLC already loaded the game will end without my ability to stop it once I beat that final mission. And the level of my fury if that happened before I managed to do everything in the game would be measurable.

Users who are viewing this thread