What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

Anyone getting Destiny? Looks amazing from what I have seen thus far.
I'll be getting it for Xbox One. I thought the Beta was ok...it didn't bowl me over. But it was fun enough and as someone who enjoys Halo and plays shooters almost exclusively I've been looking for something new and interesting for a while now.

Just watched a full playthrough of the P.T. demo as I don't currently have a console. I'm not ashamed at all to say it scared the hell out of me. I was on edge the whole time.

Brilliantly put together, if the new Silent Hill turns out anything like the demo, I'll watch someone else play it - cause it will be too scary for my babylike constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Gianni Verscotchie said:
Anybody play Madden 15 on PS4 or XB1?

I have last years version and like it. Wondering what improvements were made.
Any reviews yet?
Played one game last night. Jets over Dolphins, CJ2K with about 125 yards and a TD. Running the ball is fun.

So far, very nice. Plays really well on the XB1 - definitely feels better than last years game. They have a new defensive perspective camera that looks neat, although it'll take some getting used to. They also added hitting a trigger on the Dline to get a jump on the o-lineman, and introduce a button press to get by them. Seems to make playing the line more engaging (this is something that was needed.).

Haven't tried franchise yet, but from the splash screens talking about features, it looks like random draft classes / random players are now the norm. Another good thing.

The biggest plus for me is the load times are about half of what they were. Still slow-ish, but not brutal.

There's a game coming out in about a month called The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Looks like a combonation of Heavy Rain and Myst (I think that's the old game I'm thinking of). Haven't looked to much into yet but it looks interesting.

Does anyone play Hearthstone? I started playing this week and would like to practice against fellow FBG newbs if there are any.

Did anyone get Diablo 3 on the PS4 or XB1 yet? Has anyone heard if one version is appreciably better than the other? I heard it's in 1080p on both.

I am waiting to get through Last of Us first (only playing a couple hours a week), but was really excited for D3's co-op mode.
My friend and I played a few times through the game on the PS3 and then we upgraded to the new Reaper of Souls edition last week on the PS4. There is a nice bump in the quality and quantity of stuff happening on the screen now. Get's pretty colorful and chaotic.

Can't comment on the XB1.

Great game BTW. Especially with the expansion added.

Does anyone play Hearthstone? I started playing this week and would like to practice against fellow FBG newbs if there are any.
I've been playing for a couple months.
Can you PM me you user name so I can add you?
EY, I have been playing almost non stop for about 3 months now. I am not great but I have learned a ton by reading forums and watching tv. If you want, please ask me any questions you have either in here or in a pm.

I strictly play ladder, I don't play any arena. I am currently ranked 9. My best has been rank 8.

Broadway, what part of the game do you like to play?

EY, I have been playing almost non stop for about 3 months now. I am not great but I have learned a ton by reading forums and watching tv. If you want, please ask me any questions you have either in here or in a pm.I strictly play ladder, I don't play any arena. I am currently ranked 9. My best has been rank 8.

My favorite is arena. I don't have the cards to do any serious ranked play. I generally hit the wall at about 13-15 when all you see are net decks, but I try to stay as close to 20 as I can lol.

EY, I have been playing almost non stop for about 3 months now. I am not great but I have learned a ton by reading forums and watching tv. If you want, please ask me any questions you have either in here or in a pm.I strictly play ladder, I don't play any arena. I am currently ranked 9. My best has been rank 8.

My favorite is arena. I don't have the cards to do any serious ranked play. I generally hit the wall at about 13-15 when all you see are net decks, but I try to stay as close to 20 as I can lol.
The easiest way to get cards is to simply make sure you do the daily quests. You won't need any Naxx cards to compete but you will need some rares or better to compete.

The daily quests are usually quite easy to complete and allows your gold to increase pretty quickly.

Build up your gold and then buy the packs with the gold.

Eventually you either find cards you need or have enough materials to craft the cards you need.

I don't understand crafting yet, but I take its like fusing in the Persona games.

I've been getting my butt kicked in most matchups, but found more success in arena. Newlyretired, what's your game name? Can I add you?

I'd play if they'd release an effing android version. :hot:
At least this has been announced for Android some time this year

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/456545135396810753
Yeah. It's been "announced" for a while.
I got tired of waiting and just got it on PC.
Yeah, I've played it on PC, and like it, but it's just not a sit down at the computer game for me.

I don't understand crafting yet, but I take its like fusing in the Persona games.

I've been getting my butt kicked in most matchups, but found more success in arena. Newlyretired, what's your game name? Can I add you?
sure you can add me. I have no idea how cross platform works (I play 90% on my ipad) in case that makes any difference.

Crafting is very simple. You can basically destroy cards (typically when you have extra of the same card) and you build up dust. To create a card it takes a certain amount of "dust" so as you build up more dust by destroying cards you don't need, you can then start crafting what you want.

Just make sure you level every character to 10 before you do anything else. That gets you every basic card you need to get started in ladder or casual play.

My id is BigGreenEgg

sure you can add me. I have no idea how cross platform works (I play 90% on my ipad) in case that makes any difference.

Crafting is very simple. You can basically destroy cards (typically when you have extra of the same card) and you build up dust. To create a card it takes a certain amount of "dust" so as you build up more dust by destroying cards you don't need, you can then start crafting what you want.

Just make sure you level every character to 10 before you do anything else. That gets you every basic card you need to get started in ladder or casual play.

My id is BigGreenEgg
I need the # also.

Mine is EYLive#1347, feel free to add me if you want an easy win,

My id is BigGreenEgg
I need the # also.

Mine is EYLive#1347, feel free to add me if you want an easy win,
Sorry, never did this before.

I think the number is BigGreenEgg#1659

Got my second golden hero (500 wins) in Hearthstone. Hunter and Shaman are the two I have maxed out.

No sure what character to build next. I am thinking one of those annoying aggro Warlocks that launch a million small minions at you.

I might see how my control Hunter does in the early part of next months ladder before trying a new build.

The final episode of The Walking Dead: Season Two released this week. So those of you that waited until the entire season was ready don't have to wait anymore.

Questions on red dead redemption. I just went down to Mexico...

I have yet to figure out the dead eye feature , is this important going forward?

What is money good for? Have $4k and not much use for it.

I have yet to figure out the dead eye feature , is this important going forward?

A few side challenges require you to use dead eye to progress. It's not crucial to the storyline IIRC, but it is generally good to know how to use Dead eye, esp if you want to shoot down birds.

I could be wrong (it's been awhile), but I think you'll need this to buy places which makes it just a little easier to save your game in a specific area.

Mexico got to be a grind after awhile, but once you unlock the eastern part of the map with bears and elk, things pick up again.

Finished up Dark Souls 2. Going to give Dragon Age a go - really want to play Splinter Cell blacklist but don't want to pay $30 for it.

I've got a copy of Batman Origins that came with my PS3 - anyone know anywhere that does game swaps (like actual game for game / not gamestop)? I don't really have any desire to play Batman.

About 3/4 done with Fallout 1. Never was cognizant of it before but the swing from never having enough money to having more than you can spend it pretty abrupt once you take care of the Regulators in Adytum.

Also started State of Decay. Nice concept. Clunky controls

A few side challenges require you to use dead eye to progress. It's not crucial to the storyline IIRC, but it is generally good to know how to use Dead eye, esp if you want to shoot down birds.I could be wrong (it's been awhile), but I think you'll need this to buy places which makes it just a little easier to save your game in a specific area.

Mexico got to be a grind after awhile, but once you unlock the eastern part of the map with bears and elk, things pick up again.
I didn't 100% the game but I didn't really get into the dead aspect much at all either. It's been awhile but I pretty sure you will be just fine without really using it. However, I got really good with just using the gun (free aim? I guess) from wandering and hunting.

Finished up Dark Souls 2. Going to give Dragon Age a go - really want to play Splinter Cell blacklist but don't want to pay $30 for it.

I've got a copy of Batman Origins that came with my PS3 - anyone know anywhere that does game swaps (like actual game for game / not gamestop)? I don't really have any desire to play Batman.
Not straight up game for game, but http://www.99gamers.com is a good trading site. You sell your games for "coins" which can then be spent on new games. It's an open market, so people set their own prices for the games and there are no waiting queues to get what you want. If it's listed and you have the coins, you order it.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you're in Canada use Kijiji. I'm guessing Craig's list should have random people to swap with too. As far as an actual building to go to, your city might have a little mom and pop type game store but you will be trading for a game of lesser value. Maybe try a swap meet or something?

I personally couldn't get into Blacklist. For what that's worth.

About 3/4 done with Fallout 1. Never was cognizant of it before but the swing from never having enough money to having more than you can spend it pretty abrupt once you take care of the Regulators in Adytum.

Also started State of Decay. Nice concept. Clunky controls
Agreed on SoD. Wandering around in the dark got really old after a while, which was a pity.

Gave up on Divinity Original Sin. Characters made about 11th level and I've run out of fights I can win. I'm not willing to spend hours crafting crap just to keep up with the power curve.

Looking around for new ideas. May head back to FO3 and give Vegas another try. I broke so many quests in that game there was little left to do.

If you're in Canada use Kijiji. I'm guessing Craig's list should have random people to swap with too. As far as an actual building to go to, your city might have a little mom and pop type game store but you will be trading for a game of lesser value. Maybe try a swap meet or something?I personally couldn't get into Blacklist. For what that's worth.
Not in Canada - thanks though.

I'm a big fan of all the Splinter Cell games - it's the only one I haven't played. I think I've beaten all the others 2x (even double agent).

Well, I ran into the old gunslinger in Mexico and he taught me how to "Dead Eye". Still not sure what all my $$ is for...but...fun game. Not usually a fan of sandbox games. I hated Fallout.

Just picked up Diablo 3 on XB1. Pretty amazing that there are virtually no loading times in this game. You jump into new areas, teleport to different towns, etc instantly. I played for 3 hours last night without seeing a load screen. This is what I imagined when they were talking about next gen consoles. So why does every other game have such horrific load times?

Just picked up Diablo 3 on XB1. Pretty amazing that there are virtually no loading times in this game. You jump into new areas, teleport to different towns, etc instantly. I played for 3 hours last night without seeing a load screen. This is what I imagined when they were talking about next gen consoles. So why does every other game have such horrific load times?
:goodposting:

This game is awesome on next-gen consoles. I've noticed some framerate drops in four-player co-op when there a ton of enemies on the screen and stuff is flying all over the place, but otherwise no performance complaints.

Was reading last night that Just Cause 3 looks like it may come out late 2015. Also, a sequel (prequel?) to Red Dead Redemption is due out November of 2015. These two games alone will cause me to break down and buy a new gaming system.

what game are you folk chatting about?
Hearthstone.It is from Blizzard, the people who made World of Warcraft and Diablo
I've been playing Hearthstone for a couple months now. I've requested to link up with those of you who posted your login names in this thread. Mine is Ghoti#1693

For those just beginning, here are a few tips.

#1) If you don't have a decent deck, it may be best to play arena. Since you and your opponents draft cards, it doesn't matter how many are in your collection.

#2) You can play for free, but it doesn't hurt to throw a few bucks into it in the beginning or it will be a long grind. Twenty bucks should get you a legendary or two, and enough rare/epics/common cards to build a decent deck. Getting the Naxxaramas expansion is probably your best bang for the buck. You get several legendaries guaranteed, and some other nice cards.

#3) http://arenavalue.com/ is a great website for helping you draft for arena. After you use it a few times and read the rationale for picking cards, you will become a much better drafter/player.

#4) Go to the "decks" section of http://www.hearthpwn.com/ to get some help building your decks. If you are just starting, look for "f2p" decks (free to play). The "zoolock" deck is a great starter deck, and should be able to get you some wins without spending a dime. Once you get some good cards, you can use the search feature to look for particular decks built around them.

Good luck!

I just got my first 12 win arena run with shaman yesterday. Got hosed on the rewards <300 gold.
That's impressive, I haven't even gotten close to that. I average about 5-6 wins per run. It seems once I hit 5 wins, I hit a wall.

No matter how good you are, or how many legendaries you have, you can still lose. it's a great feeling when the cards come together and you pull off a great combo, particularly if your opponent is tossing down golden legendary cards right and left and you smoke them with your starter deck.

I've played area twice, and have went 1-3 each time.
That's to be expected. Try the link I posted for arenavalue.com. Each card should have a description along with it that describes why it is good or bad for arena. A card may be great outside arena, but if it relies on other cards to combo, it is virtually worthless in arena since you aren't assured of pulling the other necessary cards.

Be patient. You will get pushed around a bit in the beginning but you will learn. Like I said above, if you have 20 bucks to spare, it may be worth it if you want to speed up the grind a bit.

Here's a link to a Warlock deck with all basic cards: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/94715-zoolock-mostly-basic-cards

Now, you can do much better than this if you have some other cards in your collection. This is the Zoo deck I use, for the most part:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/83481-legend-aggro-zoolock-es-full-guide

Start with the basic deck, and begin folding in some from your collection as you get them. Look for other "basic" or "f2p" decks and you should see yourself stringing together a couple wins before long.

WTF. I'm still only like 9% done with Just Cause 2 despite beating it and playing for hours upon hours. I'd better hurry up.
I got to something like 99.78%. If you are playing the console version, they forgot to put a water tower in the game, and therefore you cannot get 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread