What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

Played Wasteland 2 through the first 2 story missions, then restarted with what I learned. My thoughts so far on the game:

1. If you like Fallout 1/2/Tactics, this is a must have. Very similar game play. (party, turn based combat, mix of voice acting and written conversation)

2. Good voice acting and a slightly different approach on story immersion than you see typically.

3. Some nice graphic elements (not a graphics game), especially around combat.

4. Broken character development and attributes. Too many attributes (luck, charisma) that are pretty much useless while others are necessities in a combat heavy game. Similarly with skills, Some skills are pretty much useless.

5. Don't understand the point of the "junk" gear. Lots of variety here on useless stuff. I'd rather have more variety with the gear you actually use.

6. Dialogue isn't so much a dialogue tree as a dialogue telephone pole.

Overall I like the game because I like the combat system (turn based) and setting (post apocalyptic), however, it doesn't feel like this game was quite ready for release. As I said if you are a Fallout 1,2 or Tactics fan, it's worth picking up at a cheaper price point.
What's the going opinion on this one? The wife is doing her annual girls trip this weekend and I'm looking for something I can dive into. I was a big fan of the original Wasteland.

Mordor looks a little too twitchy for me.

anyone else playing 2k15? heard nothing but good things about it. Thinking about picking it up for PC
Best console basketball game ever made.

I have been playing NBA 2K11 for 4 years......this game is a worthy title to assume the crown from the legendary 2K11.

Basically it is 2K11 on the next gen....next visuals, next gen AI...it screams next gen sports gaming.
It's getting crushed on metacritic because of server issues. Have you had any problems?

anyone else playing 2k15? heard nothing but good things about it. Thinking about picking it up for PC

I have been playing NBA 2K11 for 4 years......this game is a worthy title to assume the crown from the legendary 2K11.

Basically it is 2K11 on the next gen....next visuals, next gen AI...it screams next gen sports gaming.
It's getting crushed on metacritic because of server issues. Have you had any problems?
I did, but most of the opening week server issues have been fixed. That was the first priority, because people were losing their MyCareer progress since it saves to the 2k server.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/220999919816458756

PAYDAY: The Heist for free for 24 hours via Steam Thursday morning at 10AM Pacific.

To celebrate that you reached the goal earlier than anticipated, we're giving out PAYDAY: The Heist for free via Steam Thursday morning at 10AM Pacific and going forward for 24 hours. This was going to happen on the 18th originally but since you guys did such an awesome job we want to give you the reward as soon as possible.
This is the first Payday game. Worth a download?
I've only played the 2nd Payday game, but it was a lot of fun. Even the 2nd game was crude, but the sheer fun of playing it with a group of friends overcame its flaws. I have my calendar set to download this :)

Played Wasteland 2 through the first 2 story missions, then restarted with what I learned. My thoughts so far on the game:

1. If you like Fallout 1/2/Tactics, this is a must have. Very similar game play. (party, turn based combat, mix of voice acting and written conversation)

2. Good voice acting and a slightly different approach on story immersion than you see typically.

3. Some nice graphic elements (not a graphics game), especially around combat.

4. Broken character development and attributes. Too many attributes (luck, charisma) that are pretty much useless while others are necessities in a combat heavy game. Similarly with skills, Some skills are pretty much useless.

5. Don't understand the point of the "junk" gear. Lots of variety here on useless stuff. I'd rather have more variety with the gear you actually use.

6. Dialogue isn't so much a dialogue tree as a dialogue telephone pole.

Overall I like the game because I like the combat system (turn based) and setting (post apocalyptic), however, it doesn't feel like this game was quite ready for release. As I said if you are a Fallout 1,2 or Tactics fan, it's worth picking up at a cheaper price point.
What's the going opinion on this one? The wife is doing her annual girls trip this weekend and I'm looking for something I can dive into. I was a big fan of the original Wasteland.

Mordor looks a little too twitchy for me.
My feeling is much the same with the additional comments:

1. The game is monstrously huge with a good story.

2. Sometimes it is too big. There's one storyline between feuding clans where you walk back and forth across a sprawling map like 5 times before you get resolution.

3. I still wish there was more variation in weapons and weapon mods instead of 1000s of different novelty "junk" items.

Good game with faults. I don't think it's worth $40 unless, like me, you are both nostalgic about the original and loved Fallout 1,2 Tactics.

I play offline Franchise (MyLeague/MyGm)

Game is GOAT along with the The Show 14 in the realm of console sports games.

I play offline Franchise (MyLeague/MyGm)

Game is GOAT along with the The Show 14 in the realm of console sports games.
I've been playing a lot more of 2k15 and I have to say that compared to the previous year's... this game is HARD! The AI is just almost too smart. And I'm not complaining. Sure I'm a little frustrated that I have a hard time winning most of my games so far, but I actually like that I'm gonna have to refine my approach to playing simulated basketball. Now I feel like I'm always looking for the best way to get an open shot instead of passing to the guy who can always run ISO or hit the shot every time. The new shot timing is hard to get used to, but it's a very important step in the process. I like that playing as one team feels completely different than playing as another.

I have an Alienware rig coming in the next week or so. This will be the first time in over 5 years that I can run current PC games.

Any recommendations? Shadows of Mordor is a must buy. After that? I'm more of a Skyrim/role playing guy, though I don't hate first-shooters if they have a sci-fi twist.

Anything else?

Anyone playing the new madden? Thinking of ps4
I've been playing a good bit of the madden ultimate team mode. It is pretty fun. The game appears more difficult this year.
I have it for the PS3 and love it - and this is coming from a guy who tried and hated every version since Madden 11. But they got this one right.

Make sure you use the sliders posted in this thread. They're key to making it a realistic & competitive game.

Played 15 mins of the borderlands pre sequel. I am a huge borderlands fan and this seems different somehow. I'll keep y'all posted.

Looking forward to Battlefield Hardline. Cops vs crooks. Looks like you can be either one!
There was an open (mostly) beta a few months ago, played it for a few nights. This is probably the first BF game I'm NOT looking forward to, and likely won't purchase it on release. It didn't seem like much of an upgrade over BF4, which now has most of the major bugs worked out I feel.

Maelstrom said:
JHuber77 said:
Looking forward to Battlefield Hardline. Cops vs crooks. Looks like you can be either one!
There was an open (mostly) beta a few months ago, played it for a few nights. This is probably the first BF game I'm NOT looking forward to, and likely won't purchase it on release. It didn't seem like much of an upgrade over BF4, which now has most of the major bugs worked out I feel.
As a Battlefield fan, I agree. I might buy it when it drops in price quite a bit, but right now, I don't care.

GTBilly said:
Played 15 mins of the borderlands pre sequel. I am a huge borderlands fan and this seems different somehow. I'll keep y'all posted.
Please do! From what I have heard it is that people don't like the gravity very much and feel it is a gimmick that wasn't needed. I am really surprised at how little forum presence the game is getting not just here, but everywhere. Gearbox decided to only release the game on the past gen of consoles thinking that's where the market is, but this clearly shows that people want to move on imo.

Maelstrom said:
JHuber77 said:
My son and I have been playing a couple of nights a week on Mumble, haven't seen anyone else.

GTBilly said:
Please do! From what I have heard it is that people don't like the gravity very much and feel it is a gimmick that wasn't needed. I am really surprised at how little forum presence the game is getting not just here, but everywhere. Gearbox decided to only release the game on the past gen of consoles thinking that's where the market is, but this clearly shows that people want to move on imo.
I'm surprised how little attention it is getting as well. I don't have it yet, but will most certainly buy it once the price drops

GTBilly said:
I'm surprised how little attention it is getting as well. I don't have it yet, but will most certainly buy it once the price drops
Everyone else is likely waiting too given the sort of "different" factor to this one.

Maelstrom said:
JHuber77 said:
My son and I have been playing a couple of nights a week on Mumble, haven't seen anyone else.
I've been off and on, a lot of late nights at work recently have cut my gaming time way down.

Todem, in Madden 15 do you recommend starting a franchise with FBGamers ratings for players where they devlaue the madden every play is awesome and bring down most players to average skill levels?

Just finished Mordor, put about 40 hours into the game. I completed most of the Power missions on the first map and I branded all the captains and warchiefs in the 2nd map. I didn't do all the of other side missions though. Thoroughly worth the $$ to me, probably has more hours into it than the Arkham games do and a little less than the AC games. It will be interesting to see what DLC they come out with. Some end game spoilers below about the disappointments at the end

I wish they would have let me fight Sauron. The Black Hand battle wasn't great either, I was expecting some serious battle but it was a disspointment....like all of the Arkham end boss battles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the Wii U gotten a bad rap? I got mine on a whim since I was feeling some need to play the new Mario Kart. Enjoying that, Super Mario Bros., Shovel Knight, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin looks good. Haven't even gotten to Super Mario 3D World or a couple others that look interesting like ZombiU and Deux Ex. Bayonetta 2 looks like it might be good too and the new Smash Bros. is coming. Still waiting for more PS4 games that interest me.

Has the Wii U gotten a bad rap? I got mine on a whim since I was feeling some need to play the new Mario Kart. Enjoying that, Super Mario Bros., Shovel Knight, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin looks good. Haven't even gotten to Super Mario 3D World or a couple others that look interesting like ZombiU and Deux Ex. Bayonetta 2 looks like it might be good too and the new Smash Bros. is coming. Still waiting for more PS4 games that interest me.
When the system launched it had very poor content support. They were almost no games to be played that were known entities. Now that Mario Kart and others have come out it has gotten better.

When the system launched it had very poor content support. They were almost no games to be played that were known entities. Now that Mario Kart and others have come out it has gotten better.
That's what I remember, and I had no interest in the Wii U from its horrible launch. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it.

That's what I remember, and I had no interest in the Wii U from its horrible launch. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it.
its great fun but games still slim.Premier suggests getting donkey kong country

its great fun but games still slim.Premier suggests getting donkey kong country
Seems like a lot of money for a handheld

Todem, in Madden 15 do you recommend starting a franchise with FBGamers ratings for players where they devlaue the madden every play is awesome and bring down most players to average skill levels?
No, because you are unable to ever edit any players ratings once your start and the draft classes will never be editable inside CFM so it defeats the purpose of he FBG rosters.

I own a very nice PC or 3 :bag: , an original XBox, an XBox 360. Looking into the PS world, was thinking a PS3 for the games from last gen, but I guess my question would be is there any reason to get the PS3 vs PS4 right now? I do not know the must-play games on that, and if it is available on PC, I would get it there anyway. If it was both consoles, I can get it on the 360. I know Last of Us is a big one, but it is on PS3 and PS4. Thoughts?

I own a very nice PC or 3 :bag: , an original XBox, an XBox 360. Looking into the PS world, was thinking a PS3 for the games from last gen, but I guess my question would be is there any reason to get the PS3 vs PS4 right now? I do not know the must-play games on that, and if it is available on PC, I would get it there anyway. If it was both consoles, I can get it on the 360. I know Last of Us is a big one, but it is on PS3 and PS4. Thoughts?
IIRC, PS3's haven't been backwards compatible in a long time.

I would definitely go PS4 if you want to venture into the PS world.

Right now, I am playing Lords of the Fallen on XB1.

Not too far in, but so far, I am enjoying it. It's basically Dark Souls-lite. More of a "game" than a death simulation :) The combat is similar - very weighty, with rolling / blocking playing a big part. But it's not as punishing. You will die (and need to go back and collect your experience, although this time, it's on a timer), but nowhere near as much as in a Souls game.

Personally, while I loved Souls combat, the game simply wasn't fun enough - I grew tired of the overly-brutal difficulty. So far, this game seems a little more to my liking. It's still tense in a "what's around the corner" aspect, but not quite so insta-death. You feel a little more powerful than you ever did in a Souls game.

Again, not terribly deep into it, but has been enjoyable.

I own every PS system.

Just got my PS4 2 months ago. I would splurge for that if your ready to dive into the PS gaming world. The PS3 is rich with a great catalog of games though and most are cheap and 20 bucks or less now. I still am playing my PS3 games on a regular rotation with my PS4 sports games.

If your really into RPG's, action RPG's I would pick up a PS3 just to play:

The Mass Effect series

Skyrim

Dead Space series

Red Dead Redemption

The Last of Us (either system but cheaper on PS3)

The Batman trilogy

Fallout 3

Far Cry 3

All those titles alone would take up a good year of gaming if you play them all the way through and are an exploration type of gamer.

I strictly picked up the PS4 to play sports games for now while I still play through my backlog of PS3 games.

Madden 15

NBA 2K15

The Show 14

Is all I am playing on the PS4 for now....I will wait till next year to start buying some PS4 non sports games when the prices drop on those (Dragon Age 3, The Evil Within, Far Cry 4 to name a few).

I did pick up Alien Isolation though for a holiday gift for my son. He loves the Alien movies (as do I) and we both played through Alien vs Predator (highly underrated game and sharp graphics) on PS3 and Alien Colonial Marines (great co-op fun in spite of the shoddy story and graphics).

If your a sports gamer.....grab a PS4. It's awesome.

Non-sports....I would pick up a PS3 now and game for a few years for far less money.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, PS3's haven't been backwards compatible in a long time.

I would definitely go PS4 if you want to venture into the PS world.
I think the Uncharted games are by far the best on PS so I'd go PS3 unless they are porting that series.

Users who are viewing this thread