What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (9 Viewers)

Sand said:
I grabbed 'Darkest Dungeon' early access today off steam after watching a few youtubers play it. Its a TBS rogue-like, which normally wouldn't do anything for me, but the devs did an amazing job focusing on strategy in a generally hack and slash genre. Amazing concept, amazing game.
An amazing rogue-like? I hate you for bringing this to my attention.
That caught my attention too but when I looked at it on youtube, it reminded me more of the original turn based Final Fantasy games than a rogue clone.
Turns out I had this on my wanted list. Man I'm tempted. Looks awesome.
Aaaand I caved. At least I know what I'll be doing tonight.
:thumbup: Finally got a day off so I was up till about 6 this morning playing.

Evil Within chapter 10 is brutal hard . Died more here than all other chapters combined. Laura and Big boss smoking me

Evil Within chapter 10 is brutal hard . Died more here than all other chapters combined. Laura and Big boss smoking me
just make sure you save alot of ammo for last chapter. Its almost game breaking
Yep. The last couple of chapters are a little too much IMO. Laura was no big deal, but there are some sections to come that require way too much ammo. There's one boss in particular that made me decide that I would never even attempt the platinum for this game because I can't even fathom getting by the guy without taking any damage at all. Still a fantastic game on "normal" though. Usually the default difficulty is too easy -- not the case here.

There is a dude on my friends list named sittinhereflossin or something who only plays All Pro Football 2K8. I haven't played with this guy in at least 4 years but I always see him playing. For #### n giggles I put my copy in and started playing....

HOLY #### this game is still good. The presentation and the game engine are still better then anything EA has put out. This is coming from a guy who is fresh off of binge playing NCAA14. (7 seasons recently, around 20 total). The field is so freaking huge as are the players. and the passing engine, oh my.

I'd pay $1,000 for a new licensed 2k football game.

There is a dude on my friends list named sittinhereflossin or something who only plays All Pro Football 2K8. I haven't played with this guy in at least 4 years but I always see him playing. For #### n giggles I put my copy in and started playing....

HOLY #### this game is still good. The presentation and the game engine are still better then anything EA has put out. This is coming from a guy who is fresh off of binge playing NCAA14. (7 seasons recently, around 20 total). The field is so freaking huge as are the players. and the passing engine, oh my.

RIP our unfinished APF online league

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

If you do decide to play, check out this guide.
I'm going to have to give this guide a try. This game throws an overwhelming number of options at you right out of the gate.

Did we never finish? That was BOATLOADS of fun.

I remember dudes team had Earl Campbell and he would run all over me. I ran a two TE set with Novacheck and Brent Jones and Dwight Clark on the outside. I remember Pete beating me with Pete Metzalars, twice IIRC.

FUN times.

Bestest Football League ever.

Did we never finish? That was BOATLOADS of fun. I remember dudes team had Earl Campbell and he would run all over me. I ran a two TE set with Novacheck and Brent Jones and Dwight Clark on the outside. I remember Pete beating me with Pete Metzalars, twice IIRC.

FUN times.
Steve Young was awesome for me in that game as Michael Vick-lite. I almost destroyed my console after playing Dude because I could not stop him from getting 4 yards every play with the same run play call.

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

I'm going to have to give this guide a try. This game throws an overwhelming number of options at you right out of the gate.
I loaded the game and when I was downloading it, my daughter grabbed my ipad saying "what is this"

I haven't played it since. :( .

She has no clue what she is doing.

She did not want to reroll because of the time it took to download

She is fusing like crazy but putting no thought into it. Just trying to use up the Eggs.

She has herself up to rank 10 now but has only died once

Send help.

This game is pretty good. Thankfully it took less than 10 tries to get a 'Solid' initial guy, but I can see why it is important.

I enjoyed that game. Is there any NCAA I can get for the ps4?
No, due to the Ed Obannon lawsuit, NCAA14 is the last NCAA related game for the foreseeable future.
was 14 made for the ps4? I thought I saw something about a download.
No only the PS3. And it is the best NCAA game in the history of the series.
I agree. Pretty sure I owned every version of every CFB there was. Even the old Ps1 Sony version.

Just finished main story line in GTA5. I still have jumps to do, parachutes to land and ho's to bang, but those side tasks get tedious. I'm dabbling with GTA Online and I think that will be fun for awhile, but I can see it getting old.

Saints Row 4 is queued up next once I'm done with GTA
LOL this comment just gave me the GTA itch and now I'm going to make GTAV my next game to play after I finish Shadow of Mordor.

No, due to the Ed Obannon lawsuit, NCAA14 is the last NCAA related game for the foreseeable future.
I agree. Pretty sure I owned every version of every CFB there was. Even the old Ps1 Sony version.
When I see your name/avatar , 3 things come to mind every time...You playing games while on a treadmill

Basketball

NCAA football.

The basketball thing might be confusing you with another poster.... Did you or did you not play a lot of ball?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I see your name/avatar , 3 things come to mind every time...You playing games while on a treadmill

Basketball

NCAA football.

The basketball thing might be confusing you with another poster.... Did you or did you not play a lot of ball?
:lol: I used to Play BBall in HighSchool and College (only intramurals) ALOT but after a couple years after college I pretty much stopped playing or watching :shrug: Haven't watched much basketball NCAA or NBA after Jordan retired so :shrug:

I am coaching my daughters bball team for the last 4 years :shrug: :lol:

belljr...I still have my original maxed out team on my original Baseball Stars cart and NES.......it's going on over 27 years old!!!

Incredible.

For all MLB The Show 14 fans....KBunny has just released his 1987 Full 90 Man roster.

What that means is every single real minor league player is on this roster set in addition to the 25 man MLB rosters for 1987.

What does that mean?

You can play a full fledged multi-year franchise or Road To The Show with this roster set. Every player was painstakingly recreated, faces, pitch repertoire, ratings. Not only that veteran players who were on the out's fill out the expansion teams rosters.

It took him along with another roster editor 7 months to complete. 2700 players on the roster along with a full free agent pool as well. I helped run multiple simulations to get stat's and ratings tuned. I also went through each team and set all four lineups for each team's major league teams (RHP/DH, RHP/no DH etc) as well as the pitching rotations. It was the least I could do as the man hours these guys put in were insane. But wow what a file. I played with this one on MLB 11 and it was amazing then.

PSN is KBunny and the name of the file is 1987 OS 90 Man Final

Some suggestions for those who will play a franchise with this.

Absolutely use 30 team control. You need to create a user profile and name it CPU Franchise and set everything to auto for that profile. When you select all the teams to use you simply assign this profile to all the teams you want nothing to do with. I say this because the trading AI is suspect and I check all pending trades daily (it takes 30 seconds to scroll through the pending trade transaction page) and determine if I accept or decline trades for every team. Basically I am a trade czar so the league does not become unbalanced and crazy dumb trades go through. That is all I do on 30 tams control. I let everything else be what it will be.

That's it!

This roster file is amazing. I am playing a New York Yankees franchise. And the cool thing is you will be able to carry this over to MLB 15 with Year to Year saves now for Franchise, Season and Road To The Show mode.

In fact I created tons of one season replay files for:

OS All Time Roster

To carry forward on future releases. I just set up the seasons...and did not start them so I have a master file for each roster set and i can always start a brand new season replay on future versions of the game.

The PITA about it is you can't custom name your season/franchise mode files so I have a log and created each file on different dates and logged which date belongs to what roster set.

I love this game too - I always felt like I had more control over my team than any Madden game. Just enjoyed the presentation and general gameplay more.

The big flaws in the game are the wealth of money plays, and the ridiculously good gold RB's and WR's. Those are areas Madden has done well - eliminating the unstoppable player and the "always work" money plays. When I play 2k8, I generally go D with golds and silvers, save for a silver qb. And I run the play the coach picks.

For all MLB The Show 14 fans....KBunny has just released his 1987 Full 90 Man roster.

What that means is every single real minor league player is on this roster set in addition to the 25 man MLB rosters for 1987.

What does that mean?

You can play a full fledged multi-year franchise or Road To The Show with this roster set. Every player was painstakingly recreated, faces, pitch repertoire, ratings. Not only that veteran players who were on the out's fill out the expansion teams rosters.

It took him along with another roster editor 7 months to complete. 2700 players on the roster along with a full free agent pool as well. I helped run multiple simulations to get stat's and ratings tuned. I also went through each team and set all four lineups for each team's major league teams (RHP/DH, RHP/no DH etc) as well as the pitching rotations. It was the least I could do as the man hours these guys put in were insane. But wow what a file. I played with this one on MLB 11 and it was amazing then.

Absolutely use 30 team control. You need to create a user profile and name it CPU Franchise and set everything to auto for that profile. When you select all the teams to use you simply assign this profile to all the teams you want nothing to do with. I say this because the trading AI is suspect and I check all pending trades daily (it takes 30 seconds to scroll through the pending trade transaction page) and determine if I accept or decline trades for every team. Basically I am a trade czar so the elague does not become unbalanced and crazy dumb trades go through.

That's it!

This roster file is amazing.
I skipped 14 this year - I think. I will probably jump onboard with 15

What does that mean?

Absolutely use 30 team control. You need to create a user profile and name it CPU Franchise and set everything to auto for that profile. When you select all the teams to use you simply assign this profile to all the teams you want nothing to do with. I say this because the trading AI is suspect and I check all pending trades daily (it takes 30 seconds to scroll through the pending trade transaction page) and determine if I accept or decline trades for every team. Basically I am a trade czar so the elague does not become unbalanced and crazy dumb trades go through.

That's it!

Dude by a cheap used copy of 14 so you can DL all these roster files and carry them to 15.

Well worth the price man. Seriously incredible classic rosters are available for 14. And I can tell you the guys who made these rosters will probably not be making them much anymore now that you can carry forward.

I love this game too - I always felt like I had more control over my team than any Madden game. Just enjoyed the presentation and general gameplay more.

The big flaws in the game are the wealth of money plays, and the ridiculously good gold RB's and WR's. Those are areas Madden has done well - eliminating the unstoppable player and the "always work" money plays. When I play 2k8, I generally go D with golds and silvers, save for a silver qb. And I run the play the coach picks.
You have sooo much more control on defense.

I always liked the overpowered golds. I think they did a good job balancing this game. Sure, Dude and Earl Campbell were nearly unstoppable but he couldn't pass and was screwed if down by a fair margin.

Send help.

If any PaD folks want to add me, my friend ID is 341 598 296. I have an evolved Isis that would make a good friend leader for the early-mid game dungeons. Just let me know here that you're adding me because I normally wouldn't accept a request from a lower level player.

What does that mean?

That's it!

Dude by a cheap used copy of 14 so you can DL all these roster files and carry them to 15.

Well worth the price man. Seriously incredible classic rosters are available for 14. And I can tell you the guys who made these rosters will probably not be making them much anymore now that you can carry forward.
Cool. This is PS4 right? I think I had The Show but was for my PS3.

Basketball

NCAA football.

:lol: I used to Play BBall in HighSchool and College (only intramurals) ALOT but after a couple years after college I pretty much stopped playing or watching :shrug: Haven't watched much basketball NCAA or NBA after Jordan retired so :shrug:

I am coaching my daughters bball team for the last 4 years :shrug: :lol:
I don't know why this popped into my head during lunch. But #2 might be baseball.

I played a #### load and was recruited to a couple small schools but decided to just play mens leagues after college :lol: no idea why that popped into my head :bag:

What does that mean?

That's it!

Cool. This is PS4 right? I think I had The Show but was for my PS3.
Yes PS4. But that roster vault is good on both systems.

So if you have the PS3 version of 14 you can still get all these rosters in the vault and the year to year savers are also cross platform. Pretty awesome feature. I really hope Madden and 2K basketball as well as NHL look at that and implement the carry over franchise save feature.

Did we never finish? That was BOATLOADS of fun.

I remember dudes team had Earl Campbell and he would run all over me. I ran a two TE set with Novacheck and Brent Jones and Dwight Clark on the outside. I remember Pete beating me with Pete Metzalars, twice IIRC.

FUN times.
We never finished, but No.16 was the best player if I recall correctly. That was a great time.

OC Zed said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
thecatch said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Did we never finish? That was BOATLOADS of fun.I remember dudes team had Earl Campbell and he would run all over me. I ran a two TE set with Novacheck and Brent Jones and Dwight Clark on the outside. I remember Pete beating me with Pete Metzalars, twice IIRC.

FUN times.
We never finished, but No.16 was the best player if I recall correctly. That was a great time.
Mesmashu / Pikachu was the other really good one. Don't know if he is still around or not.

OC Zed said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
thecatch said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Did we never finish? That was BOATLOADS of fun.I remember dudes team had Earl Campbell and he would run all over me. I ran a two TE set with Novacheck and Brent Jones and Dwight Clark on the outside. I remember Pete beating me with Pete Metzalars, twice IIRC.

FUN times.
There's only one way to find out!!! :boxing: :football:

Still addicted to Minecraft.

Just looted a nether fortress. I also recently learned the error of telling a Zombie Pigman to "SIT ON THIS!" while ramming a diamond sword up its butt. They do not take kindly to this kind of behavior in the nether. Who knew?

OC Zed said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
thecatch said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

FUN times.
There's only one way to find out!!! :boxing: :football:
I still have my copy of the game, but no longer have my Xbox 360. :lol:

I've really enjoyed Dying Light. Once you level up your agility skill tree to level 5 and unlock F'reerunning Adept' things get a lot smoother and more fun.

Quests are good, zombies can catch you off guard during the day, and night time is just plain tense.

I've really enjoyed Dying Light. Once you level up your agility skill tree to level 5 and unlock F'reerunning Adept' things get a lot smoother and more fun.

Quests are good, zombies can catch you off guard during the day, and night time is just plain tense.
is it basically far cry with zombies?

Still addicted to Minecraft.

Just looted a nether fortress. I also recently learned the error of telling a Zombie Pigman to "SIT ON THIS!" while ramming a diamond sword up its butt. They do not take kindly to this kind of behavior in the nether. Who knew?
Yea they're cool if you don't f with them. Coincidentally, zombie pigment do the most damage in the game second only to the bosses (Ender Dragon and Wither).

Is it Left 4 Deadesque

is it basically far cry with zombies?

Is it Left 4 Deadesque
Um... I never really played either of those too much.

Mix in a little bit of questing and always being on the lookout for items (Fallout) so you can craft and improve items (Dead Island) with some parkour style movement (Mirrors Edge). During the day zombies are pretty slow, but still can corner you or catch you off guard. You can usually run and get away but sometimes have to fight (I only have blunt weapons at this point, haven't found/received a gun yet). At night it is dark as #### and there are the normal zombies, but there are also these scary quick as hell zombies. It's tense.

Sounds cool, Thanks.

You are NOW UNFRIENDED for not playing the greatest game ever made in Left 4 Dead

Tony Jabroni said:
Has there ever been a better balanced sports game than APF2k8? It was on par with Team Fortress 2.
Was this on the Dreamcast? I remember some football games on that system that were unreal. 2K series, I believe.
The Dreamcast featured the original 2k football games. All Pro Football 2k8 and its predecessor, NFL 2k5, were on the Xbox 360 however.

Tony Jabroni said:
Has there ever been a better balanced sports game than APF2k8? It was on par with Team Fortress 2.
Was this on the Dreamcast? I remember some football games on that system that were unreal. 2K series, I believe.
The Dreamcast featured the original 2k football games. All Pro Football 2k8 and its predecessor, NFL 2k5, were on the Xbox 360 however.
NFL 2k5 was OG Xbox and PS2. Not Xbox 360 (although it's one of the few games that does - or at least did - have BC support).

Users who are viewing this thread