Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Guys use the Diablo thread. Seriously

Is there a Diablo thread?

I have no idea but the last thing any of us should do is talk about video games in this thread.

I think I'm going to see an uptick in Shadow of Mordor in March. Lots of class stuff wrapping up, and I don't ever seem to study enough. That new free time will likely be spent relaxing, killing orcs, etc...

I think I'm going to see an uptick in Shadow of Mordor in March. Lots of class stuff wrapping up, and I don't ever seem to study enough. That new free time will likely be spent relaxing, killing orcs, etc...

can you please stop talking about video games in this thread? There must be a Shadow of Mordor thread and if not you should start one immediately.

can you please stop talking about video games in this thread? There must be a Shadow of Mordor thread and if not you should start one immediately.

can we please stop having the same argument that we had about fallout and mass effect. When the chatter basically becomes nonstop about specifics of one game move the discussion to the game thread. Theres a 27 page diablo thread. Use it. Otherwise whats the point? That being said the search function is garbage right now.

can we please stop having the same argument that we had about fallout and mass effect. When the chatter basically becomes nonstop about specifics of one game move the discussion to the game thread. Theres a 27 page diablo thread. Use it. Otherwise whats the point? That being said the search function is garbage right now.

I like the game chatter myself. I learn a lot about games I likely never would have considered because people talk about them in the video game thread. To use your words "otherwise what is the point" of this thread?

But seeing that the ability to scroll past a post you are not interested is not viable, I won't post any more on that game here.

• Like 1

Look, yes this is the video game thread and yes its fun to chat up some games. But when you're getting into specifics like loot drops and helms and basic bull#### that no one who doesnt play the game cares about, then its time to head to its own thread. This is not unprecedented. Look at the Gears thread, the Diablo 3 thread, Mass Effect 3 thread, Fallout thread etc, etc, etc.

If a discussion goes on for more than 2 pages with the huge embedded quotes, please save us all the scrolling. It becomes impossible to find other news in here when its all one game clogging the page.

Edited by Insein

Not to mention that it seems like these huge megathreads cause database problems so the more offshoot threads for popular games, the better.

I logged some serious hours on the Atari 2600 :(

=============================================================

Bristow helped form the hobby we all love today.

By Seth G. Macy

Bristow helped develop some of Atari's early arcade games, such as Indy 800, and developed Tank for Kee Games. He also worked with Atari founder Nolan Bushnell to conceptualize Breakout, a game that would be built by a young Atari employee named Steve Jobs and his friend Steve Wozniak.

He also helped form Kee Games, which was comprised of defectors from Atari. It was later revealed that Kee was actually a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atari.

After the two companies merged, Bristow oversaw Atari's Coin Engineering and Electronic Board Game Division. He eventually the plant manager for the pinball division before being moved to VP of Engineering.

Bristow was with Atari during the development of the Atari VCS, later known as the Atari 2600. "The original rule on the chip design was ‘Can it play Tank, Pong, and a driving game?" Bristow told Retro Gamer.

Marty Goldberg, author of Atari Inc.: Business is Fun , broke the news on the Atari Museum Facebook page.

"His time and accomplishments (and all the fun he brought us) at Atari that are the reason we're all here," Goldberg wrote, adding, "he will be sorely missed."

An important player and innovator in the hobby we all love, the hobby that brings us here today, his impact cannot be understated. Bristow was 65

Look, yes this is the video game thread and yes its fun to chat up some games. But when you're getting into specifics like loot drops and helms and basic bull#### that no one who doesnt play the game cares about, then its time to head to its own thread. This is not unprecedented. Look at the Gears thread, the Diablo 3 thread, Mass Effect 3 thread, Fallout thread etc, etc, etc.

If a discussion goes on for more than 2 pages with the huge embedded quotes, please save us all the scrolling. It becomes impossible to find other news in here when its all one game clogging the page.

Out of interest sake, what is the cut off? There has been far more Shadow of Mordor talk in here than Diablo for instance. Hell, there was more talk about The Order than Diablo.

I don't get why panties are getting so twisted because of one relatively short string of posts when nothing else was being discussed in here but as I said, I won't make the mistake again as I did not realize how much it bothered people.

Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the two after a certain point. I just see multi quote threads and auto scroll past them. Shadow of Mordor probably could have its own thread also.

Out of interest sake, what is the cut off? There has been far more Shadow of Mordor talk in here than Diablo for instance. Hell, there was more talk about The Order than Diablo.

I don't get why panties are getting so twisted because of one relatively short string of posts when nothing else was being discussed in here but as I said, I won't make the mistake again as I did not realize how much it bothered people.

when you start talking game strategy for 2+ pages (this was going on before the thread was archived) it deserves its own thread. Shadow of mordor never went on for mote than a fewposts at a time because its not that type of game that deserves long discussion about strategy.

Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the two after a certain point. I just see multi quote threads and auto scroll past them. Shadow of Mordor probably could have its own thread also.

ok fair enough.

Most of that 2 year old, 27 page thread doesn't relate to the game as it exists today. I don't play the game and even I know that. I mean, we may as well be asking for a video game subforum (wait, I already did) if this is how we want to run things.

Most of that 2 year old, 27 page thread doesn't relate to the game as it exists today. I don't play the game and even I know that. I mean, we may as well be asking for a video game subforum (wait, I already did) if this is how we want to run things.

Well like they said, big threads kill the board. Having every discussion of builds and loot drops and skill paths to take in here makes that worse.

Whether that thread has current info is beside the point- it's a place to discuss all the various types of in game gems you've been collecting. I used to be on the other side of this debate when a couple of guys were posting their fallout narratives, but I've come around. Talking about the features and gameplay of Diablo 3 is interesting to a general audience but the DPS of your ninja witch doctor isn't.

• Like 2

Ok fine. What do the red and green triangles mean on my equipment :bag:

I think better or worse than what you have equipped / comparing it to.

Edited by jwb

Did anyone play the original Homeworld? I didn't when it originally came, because my computer wasn't up to snuff. I remember it getting rave reviews though.

So its being re-released (today?) in a remastered version. So is this something worth getting? Will the gameplay still be good? I'm assuming the graphics will be updated, but as long as they are semi-decent, I don't worry about that too much.

Evolve: Dont buy!!

The game looks like it is falling into the dead island/halo mcc category of fail on the Xbox platform. Load times are unbearable averaging about 5 minutes if you play with anyone besides solo(even when on a different box in the same room/router). Also the balance is terrible on the Xbox atleast. All what people do is straight cheese as the monster. Wraith is op, kracken fly's at the top of the map and lightning's. Only when four friends play together have we had success a good percentage of the time or else the randoms just wander away and screw the team. Oh ya, every friend of mine on Xbox besides my gf has had their rank reset 1-3 times losing all progress, myself it has been twice. If I didn't get this digital for 50% off it would be sold but I can handle the loss and hope they fix the game with patches overtime, oh wait...they haven't really admitted anything being wrong...

Edited by madshot31

I don't play many MP games these days but that does sound like it sucks. Loading times kill multiplayer especially if the game youre waiting for isn't that good.

So what you're telling me is that the Halo: Master Chief Collection sucks? I hadn't heard that.

Did anyone play the original Homeworld? I didn't when it originally came, because my computer wasn't up to snuff. I remember it getting rave reviews though.

So its being re-released (today?) in a remastered version. So is this something worth getting? Will the gameplay still be good? I'm assuming the graphics will be updated, but as long as they are semi-decent, I don't worry about that too much.

True gaming masterpieces. I'll buy it on a Steam sale later simply because I.don't need any new games right now.

I don't play many MP games these days but that does sound like it sucks. Loading times kill multiplayer especially if the game youre waiting for isn't that good.

The sad thing is the game is very solid and very fun to play. Its just the game is designed around ideal conditions that are almost never met. I played in a 5 person friends game and had a blast but the issue is that the monster players just cheese so much that if it was played that way in private matches the person would bow their head in shame but in public games they are elite.

Every person I know really likes the game but...

Edited by madshot31

So what you're telling me is that the Halo: Master Chief Collection sucks? I hadn't heard that.

The campaign are great and how they redid halo 2 is phenomenal. The multipler has been broken since launch and has gotten a little better but is RIP besides private matches because it still boots out the party after every match even though it asked to continue.

If you play for the story the game would be 8/10, for the multiplayer it has been a complete failure money grab to meet a release date aka outsourcing that didn't work.

Edited by madshot31

The sad thing is the game is very solid and very fun to play. Its just the game is designed around ideal conditions that are almost never met. I played in a 5 person friends game and had a blast but the issue is that the monster players just cheese so much that if it was played that way in private matches the person would bow their head in shame but in public games they are elite.

Every person I know really likes the game but...

that's why I don't play public. I'm just fine with a couple people and bots. And tweak the settings

In other news, the Diablo 3 thread has had 100 posts since we asked them to use it. So thanks for that.

Been playing the Talos Principle. It's a lot like Portal, with an interesting carrot-on-a-stick thing going for it.

In other news, the Diablo 3 thread has had 100 posts since we asked them to use it. So thanks for that.

I for one do not mind separate threads. I rather like them. Just didnt know it existed and search tool has been messed up lately.

:thumbup:

The game looks like it is falling into the dead island/halo mcc category of fail on the Xbox platform. Load times are unbearable averaging about 5 minutes if you play with anyone besides solo(even when on a different box in the same room/router). Also the balance is terrible on the Xbox atleast. All what people do is straight cheese as the monster. Wraith is op, kracken fly's at the top of the map and lightning's. Only when four friends play together have we had success a good percentage of the time or else the randoms just wander away and screw the team. Oh ya, every friend of mine on Xbox besides my gf has had their rank reset 1-3 times losing all progress, myself it has been twice. If I didn't get this digital for 50% off it would be sold but I can handle the loss and hope they fix the game with patches overtime, oh wait...they haven't really admitted anything being wrong...

Kids wanted it so we got it....and they can't play MP because their too young. I can allow them to play the game but 2k says no to creating an account. No real solution either. I no issues with Ubisoft and the AC games and their ages.

Stars are back?

Tomb Raider being free on Xbox and various folks here talking it up made me download it. Not really a platform guy but so far I am enjoying it.

Pretty far into Saints Row 4. It's pretty much exactly like starting a new game of Saints Row 3. Being able to fly and super sprint is nice, but doesn't really change the game that much. For $20, it is fine and I like SR3, so it's fun and all, just feel like I've played the exact same game before.

Tomb Raider being free on Xbox and various folks here talking it up made me download it. Not really a platform guy but so far I am enjoying it.

I like it a lot so far. It's dare I say it, FUN.

Rare for a game these days.

Stars are back?

apparently not. This sucks

Sorry guys, didn't mean to raise hopes. I just assume something will be back eventually.

I already bought TR for PC and downloaded it on PS3. Still havent made it past stage 1 due to technical problems. So why not Xbox too.

I already bought TR for PC and downloaded it on PS3. Still havent made it past stage 1 due to technical problems. So why not Xbox too.

Ran into a few bugs on the X1 that were ultimately easily fixed with a system reset. Still frustrating. I liked but didn't love the game.

OK, I'm officially addicted to Terraria

Cool game. Have you heard of Starbound? It's like Terraria but you buildout a spaceship and there's multiple planets and stuff.

It's still technically in public beta but it hits the same vibe as Terraria and is more expanded in scope.

Been playing the Talos Principle. It's a lot like Portal, with an interesting carrot-on-a-stick thing going for it.

I am buying this as soon as it drops in price or there is a good flash sale or something. It looks right up my alley.

Better or worse than Portal from a "wow this is really cool" perspective? I always describe Portal as a game that I wish I could experience for the first time again. Similar vibe?

That's too bad. A buddy of mine has been going through the same issues on the XBone and said he was ready to throw the disc into traffic on the last reset. While we've had a few issues on the PS side of the tracks, for the most part the game has been ridiculously enjoyable. Good teamwork makes this game an absolute blast; however, the bad random matchups make it just as frustrating on the other end of the spectrum. I guess we've been fortunate in that aspect.

At least most of the XBone issues can be patched.

Added to wishlist. I hadn't heard of it. Looks like something I'd really enjoy.

I haven't been able to DL a free game in months on the 360. It starts, stops and tells me it can't be DL'd. Memory is not an issue, and it says "Download Again" when I search for the game. Same thing happened with Witcher 2 and now TR.

What gives?