What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

One thing about deus ex that is distracting is the main character sounding just like Clint Eastwood.
The cheesy voice acting has always been a principle complaint and is mentioned in most reviews, it's hard to argue against it.It makes me laugh a little so I'm okay with it.
Yeah it's not a huge thing but sometimes it kind of takes me out of the game.Was thinking about this and I think if Clint would have actually voiced it it would be fine. And pretty damn cool. It's knowing it's someone doing the voice that bugs me I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's time for bloodborne thread......

Put me in the camp that's going to be scared to death without my shield
Almost, but not quite yet. We still seem to be in the "what's the game like" part, and not detailed discussion on builds / shortcuts / areas, which then is definitely "own thread" discussion. Looks like only 2 or 3 of us are playing right now, with a few Souls fans on the sidelines wondering if it's worth the $60 (it is).
Exactly. What's the game like? How does it feel? What does it compare to? Is it worth $60? All valid questions for this thread.

How do I beat this boss? What's your favorite build? Weapon? Class? How do I find x? Those deserve their own thread.

I played Nehrim for Oblivion made by the same guys and it was seriously like Oblivion 2, basically a whole new game. This mod cannot come out soon enough.

Buddy and I just bought Diablo III plus DLC that's on sale w/live right now ($20).

We plan on playing all night Friday night if anybody wants to start a new toon.

Ps4 and Madden just arrived, surprisingly Bloodborne shipped separately.

Anyway, downloading a system update atm, are ps+ subs tied to accounts or consoles?

Buddy and I just bought Diablo III plus DLC that's on sale w/live right now ($20).

We plan on playing all night Friday night if anybody wants to start a new toon.
What system are you playing on?

There are a ton of us playing Diablo right now if you want to check out the Diablo thread.

I don't but sometimes I wish there was a PC gamers only thread so I wouldn't have to get jealous reading about games like Bloodborne and Last of Us.

:kicksrock:
I'm a big fan of those games, but as a console-only guy I'm insanely jealous of PC gamers because of the library you get to choose from and the depth of some of the PC games out there. You folks miss out on the occasional gem, but if gaming PCs cost the same as consoles and had as little hassle factor, I'd trade places in a heartbeat.

That said, I think I'm now about halfway through Bloodborne, and I'm already thinking about starting over from scratch with a female character just for the witch outfit. I have a hard time imagining any game coming along that is going to knock this off my GOTY hill.

I don't but sometimes I wish there was a PC gamers only thread so I wouldn't have to get jealous reading about games like Bloodborne and Last of Us. :kicksrock:
I'm a big fan of those games, but as a console-only guy I'm insanely jealous of PC gamers because of the library you get to choose from and the depth of some of the PC games out there. You folks miss out on the occasional gem, but if gaming PCs cost the same as consoles and had as little hassle factor, I'd trade places in a heartbeat.

That said, I think I'm now about halfway through Bloodborne, and I'm already thinking about starting over from scratch with a female character just for the witch outfit. I have a hard time imagining any game coming along that is going to knock this off my GOTY hill.
Yeah I won't be playing that Skyrim mod on my Xbox.

After 100% DeS and DS1&2 I thought I was pretty good. But holy #### Bloodborne is destroying me, I actually rage quit after finding the second boss thinking it was the first and getting absolutely shreked. Hadn't used any of my souls yet, lost 10k.

So... any good farming spots at the beginning of the game?

Xbox has Dragon Age DLC on sale so I bought Awakenings. Started playing it last night. Back to Deus Ex for a restart after I finish.

Been playing Spec Ops: The Line over the past week. I really like the game play elements and the fact that they don't let you take tons of damage before dying even on average difficulty. Overall a very linear game with only two decision points so far and no apparent side quests but I I find the action to be crisp and clean and it makes for a solid shooter.

The stroy clearly pulls heavily from Heart of Darkness but I find that doesn't bother me and they seem to be taking the main character into an interesting direction. The whole phosphorous mortar sequence was pretty rough and the fact that they didn't make that a "decision point" suggests to me that it will come back to haunt the main character later. The voice acting is pretty solid too.

Overall this is a really fun game so far.
One thing I really like about this game is the combat AI. It's really some of the best I have played against. Not only does the game throw a lot of enemies in your way but they are really tough to predict. Hunkering down in one position and hoping to take out wave upon wave of mindless drones is a recipe for a quick death.

Anyone purchased KOTOR for Android? For nostalgia alone I think it would be worth the price of admission.

Just finished The Wolf Among Us. Awesome stuff. Better than The Walking Dead (season one), which I also liked.

Can be had cheap and is a great way to spend some time.

Chaka said:
Been playing Spec Ops: The Line over the past week. I really like the game play elements and the fact that they don't let you take tons of damage before dying even on average difficulty. Overall a very linear game with only two decision points so far and no apparent side quests but I I find the action to be crisp and clean and it makes for a solid shooter.

The stroy clearly pulls heavily from Heart of Darkness but I find that doesn't bother me and they seem to be taking the main character into an interesting direction. The whole phosphorous mortar sequence was pretty rough and the fact that they didn't make that a "decision point" suggests to me that it will come back to haunt the main character later. The voice acting is pretty solid too.

One thing I really like about this game is the combat AI. It's really some of the best I have played against. Not only does the game throw a lot of enemies in your way but they are really tough to predict. Hunkering down in one position and hoping to take out wave upon wave of mindless drones is a recipe for a quick death.
I trucked through this game but found it completely underwhelming and didn't quite get everyone's love for it. The story (IMO) ws telegraphed pretty early on and follows cliches that have been done before. He gameplay was fine but more often than not I got frustrated by sticking to the walls and couldn't get out of the way from grenades and crossfire.

What I did like though: the setting. The verticality and sand-strewn Dubai was an awesome place to have a game take place.

Chaka said:

I trucked through this game but found it completely underwhelming and didn't quite get everyone's love for it. The story (IMO) ws telegraphed pretty early on and follows cliches that have been done before. He gameplay was fine but more often than not I got frustrated by sticking to the walls and couldn't get out of the way from grenades and crossfire.

What I did like though: the setting. The verticality and sand-strewn Dubai was an awesome place to have a game take place.
I agree with some of the awkwardness of combat, particularly sticking to walls, maneuvering while sprinting was also a PITA (I didn't have a problem dodging grenades). But despite the flaws I really enjoyed going up against the AI.

The story is completely derivative no doubt, the twist obvious and in many ways it made many elements that preceded it hard to reconcile, but I still enjoyed the way it played out. There were some pretty gripping moments (particularly the way they handled phosphorous, that was hard core by any standard).

Awesome minecraft world on the 360. Massive structures, my kid actually built a close to full scale replica of the Great Lighthouse, has a castle, houses, and a sky bridge connecting the four corners of the map not to mention an underground mine system that would rival anything ever on earth enough food diamonds, red stone, iron coal and everything else for all time and unlimite food from a super farm that was legendary.

Fricken game erased it accidentaly. Even I was pissed. Now we have to start a new one.

Anyone know how I can get H1Z1 for PS4?
PS4 Early Access starts soon, not out yet. Had to pay $20 for early access PC play.

The game will be free to play, but early access allows unlimited BRs. You'll get the $20 back before they start charging you.

Awesome minecraft world on the 360. Massive structures, my kid actually built a close to full scale replica of the Great Lighthouse, has a castle, houses, and a sky bridge connecting the four corners of the map not to mention an underground mine system that would rival anything ever on earth enough food diamonds, red stone, iron coal and everything else for all time and unlimite food from a super farm that was legendary.

Fricken game erased it accidentaly. Even I was pissed. Now we have to start a new one.
That's half the fun. Starting over again and building something awesome.

After 100% DeS and DS1&2 I thought I was pretty good. But holy #### Bloodborne is destroying me, I actually rage quit after finding the second boss thinking it was the first and getting absolutely shreked. Hadn't used any of my souls yet, lost 10k.

So... any good farming spots at the beginning of the game?
Central Yarnham lamp. Go through the gate on left, kill the first guy, and take out the two brick guys. Then go into the house, kill everyone inside, and exit through the upstairs door. Kill the guy at the top of the stairs, and bait the werewolves down the stairs, where they hang on the door while you poke them from inside the house. When they're dead, go up, turn left, and kill the brick guy and his crow buddies. Use the lamp from Cleric Beast to go back to the hub. That's about 1600 echos and a bunch of vials each run. Just don't get sloppy and get killed by the werewolves.

Bloodborne has some pretty extreme difficult spikes. I just played through an area today that I had to resort to a guide to figure out because I was getting absolutely wrecked over and over. Then I fought one of the easier bosses I've encountered so far. Go figure.

That's half the fun. Starting over again and building something awesome.
This is why I only play on hardcore anymore.

My current game is a month old now, with intricate rail system in the nether linking 4 different bases in the overworld, a number mines, and two raids on nether fortresses in the books - all on hardcore. I just know something stupid is going to happen, like I'm going to fall into a lava lake, and end it all.

I do a lot of driving for work and listen to podcasts mostly. It's actually how I found this forum.

Anyways, I found a new podcast called Gameslice. It just came out, I think, since there's only one episode which came out March 17th. That episode though is just an hour long interview with Gabe Newell and Erik Johnson of Valve. Just got into it but it's pretty good so far.

Also, Kinda Funny Ganescast is my current favorite but is also relatively new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a lot of driving for work and listen to podcasts mostly. It's actually how I found this forum.

Anyways, I found a new podcast called Gameslice. It just came out, I think, since there's only one episode which came out March 17th. That episode though is just an hour long interview with Gabe Newell and Erik Johnson of Valve. Just got into it but it's pretty good so far.

Also, Kinda Funny Ganescast is my current favorite but is also relatively new.
I used to listening to the Giant Bombcast every week when I had time to listen to podcasts. I haven't had that time lately, so it's been awhile. Check them out. Giantbomb.com

I have checked out giant bombcast a few times. They never have really stuck in my que list. I will check them out again though.

Users who are viewing this thread