What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Anyone know how I can get H1Z1 for PS4?
PS4 Early Access starts soon, not out yet. Had to pay $20 for early access PC play.The game will be free to play, but early access allows unlimited BRs. You'll get the $20 back before they start charging you.
What is a BR?
Battle Royale. Old japanese movie that the Hunger Games ripped off.

The video game implementation is pretty much players are dropped into an area that is restricted in size and over time shrinks and/or moves.

You start with nothing and have to find equipment such as rations, water, guns and ammo in the environment while competing with others. Last person alive wins.

Getting into my rhythm in Bloodborne.

I really loved the aesthetics of DS 1&2, the environments, items, enemies - pretty much everything. But holy #### Bloodborne is literally composed of nightmare fuel. I mean

Mosquitomen, flayed werewolves, spiders with faces, giant ####### house centipedes that intentionally hide just out of your vision.
Some of the mobs literally make me have to take a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished The Wolf Among Us. Awesome stuff. Better than The Walking Dead (season one), which I also liked.

Can be had cheap and is a great way to spend some time.
Loved Wolf among us, really liking the decision/story based games telltale is putting out. Check out tales from the borderlands, it blows wolf among us, and walking dead outta the water.

Finished the prologue in dying light. You guys play offline? Ftr kind of meh so far
This game is meant to be played Co-Op. Keep playing. The game is amazing fun once you start leveling up. Trust me. Plus the ambience and music is 80's Escape From New York/Day of the Dead goodness.

MLB The Show 15 is simply outstanding. Online finally works great.

Playing in an online franchise with 29 other sim 30/40 somethings and it will be glorious.

I transfered over all my classic season modes and my 2 franchise modes with ease.

The game is amazing. So many little improvements and some big ones as well.

I will be playing nothing else as far as sports games for the most part tip The Show 16 comes out.

Back to some hardball.

Finished the prologue in dying light. You guys play offline? Ftr kind of meh so far
This game is meant to be played Co-Op. Keep playing. The game is amazing fun once you start leveling up. Trust me. Plus the ambience and music is 80's Escape From New York/Day of the Dead goodness.MLB The Show 15 is simply outstanding. Online finally works great.

Playing in an online franchise with 29 other sim 30/40 somethings and it will be glorious.

I transfered over all my classic season modes and my 2 franchise modes with ease.

The game is amazing. So many little improvements and some big ones as well.

I will be playing nothing else as far as sports games for the most part tip The Show 16 comes out.

Back to some hardball.
how does co-op work in Dying Light?

Looney Tunes Dash

Got to Transylvania with Bugs Bunny. Transylvania is quest 9 with the characters. Have all the cards for 1-7 but haven't three starred every board yet. The five life thing is a real downer though. Should be ten.

Just finished The Wolf Among Us. Awesome stuff. Better than The Walking Dead (season one), which I also liked.

Loved Wolf among us, really liking the decision/story based games telltale is putting out. Check out tales from the borderlands, it blows wolf among us, and walking dead outta the water.
Thanks - do I need to know anything about the Borderlands to enjoy? I never played that.

Also started up Walking Dead Season 2 and ...ooof. I mean, how brutal and hard to take can they make something?

Run It Up said:
Corporation said:
Anyone know how I can get H1Z1 for PS4?
PS4 Early Access starts soon, not out yet. Had to pay $20 for early access PC play.The game will be free to play, but early access allows unlimited BRs. You'll get the $20 back before they start charging you.
What is a BR?
Battle Royale. Old japanese movie that the Hunger Games ripped off..
Battle Royale was first a book, then a Manga and then a movie (actually 2 movies but the second was poor). The movie is not that old. It was released in 2000.

The fact that Suzanne Collins(Hunger Games author) can with a straight face say she never heard of Battle Royale is pretty pathetic. Everyone is influenced by previous works, there is nothing wrong with admitting it.

Played Valiant Hearts after downloading free from PS Plus for the PS4. Very well done. I could do without the timing mini game with the nurse but otherwise it's very enjoyable.

Battle Royale was first a book, then a Manga and then a movie (actually 2 movies but the second was poor). The movie is not that old. It was released in 2000.

The fact that Suzanne Collins(Hunger Games author) can with a straight face say she never heard of Battle Royale is pretty pathetic. Everyone is influenced by previous works, there is nothing wrong with admitting it.
I'm not saying I'm Suzanne Collins but I'd never heard of Battle Royale until after I read the Hunger Game series. Not saying she is telling a lie but is it really that unheard of given our culture of Castaway, LOST, Survivor and others to come up with an "original" idea such as The Hunger Games?

I'm not saying I'm Suzanne Collins but I'd never heard of Battle Royale until after I read the Hunger Game series. Not saying she is telling a lie but is it really that unheard of given our culture of Castaway, LOST, Survivor and others to come up with an "original" idea such as The Hunger Games?
Of course anything is possible but there are so many similarities between her work and the original novel I highly doubt she was not influenced by it.

We will obviously never know because no matter how many times she is asked about it, she has stuck with her original story that she never knew it existed.

Thanks - do I need to know anything about the Borderlands to enjoy? I never played that.

Also started up Walking Dead Season 2 and ...ooof. I mean, how brutal and hard to take can they make something?
It probably doesn't hurt to know a little, but I didn't going in, and I've enjoyed it all the same. They do a good job introducing everything, and it is pretty easy to keep up with.

I'd probably rank the 2nd season of Walking dead below the 1st season. That said, it is still a quality game.

Finished up the Awakening DLC. It was pretty good and it was pretty big. Played about 20 hours or so with all the side stuff. Back to Deus Ex.

Played Valiant Hearts after downloading free from PS Plus for the PS4. Very well done. I could do without the timing mini game with the nurse but otherwise it's very enjoyable.
I actually liked the nurse's minigame quite a bit (even if it could be very difficult towards the end), they were clever to mix up those elements IMO.

F.E.A.R. 3 - Fun shooter with a solid atmosphere and an a addicting leveling system. It is not revolutionary in any one aspect but overall it is a very solid shooter (although the gore goes over-the-top at times).

Worth playing.

Started DMC: Devil May Cry - If I you are looking for something to resonate with your inner disaffected, angst ridden Emo teenager then this is definitely the game for you.

Been watching Epic Name Bro play Bloodborne. Makes it look so easy. Game looks very cool.
ENB literally wrote the book on Bloodborne. He was one of authors for the official strategy game guide so he obviously knows the game inside and out.

Been watching Epic Name Bro play Bloodborne. Makes it look so easy. Game looks very cool.
ENB literally wrote the book on Bloodborne. He was one of authors for the official strategy game guide so he obviously knows the game inside and out.
He also wrote the last Dark Souls guide. I enjoy the way he really gets you up to speed on how things work as far as the mechanics go. He said he may do Witcher 3 as his next walkthrough.

Started DMC: Devil May Cry - If I you are looking for something to resonate with your inner disaffected, angst ridden Emo teenager then this is definitely the game for you.
Been thinking about trying that out.
It's actually kind of fun ad considering it is on sale every other month I think it is going to be worth it.

I'm very early into it so combat is very difficult if you want to get the combo multipliers (which, of course you do because that's how you level up) and there appear to be a ton of combos as well as at least 5 weapon types (each with their own combos), which need to be used on different types of opponent so it is all kind of overwhelming. Then again early on you can pretty much button mash your way to combat victories but I think that will probably change as you get deeper into the game. I also think it will become more fluid with repetition and I do like the highly stylized visual aspects of combat. It's just really nice to look at.

It's actually kind of fun ad considering it is on sale every other month I think it is going to be worth it. I'm very early into it so combat is very difficult if you want to get the combo multipliers (which, of course you do because that's how you level up) and there appear to be a ton of combos as well as at least 5 weapon types (each with their own combos), which need to be used on different types of opponent so it is all kind of overwhelming. Then again early on you can pretty much button mash your way to combat victories but I think that will probably change as you get deeper into the game. I also think it will become more fluid with repetition and I do like the highly stylized visual aspects of combat. It's just really nice to look at.
I figure it will be available for free download on Xbox at some point and then I'll grab it.

It's actually kind of fun ad considering it is on sale every other month I think it is going to be worth it. I'm very early into it so combat is very difficult if you want to get the combo multipliers (which, of course you do because that's how you level up) and there appear to be a ton of combos as well as at least 5 weapon types (each with their own combos), which need to be used on different types of opponent so it is all kind of overwhelming. Then again early on you can pretty much button mash your way to combat victories but I think that will probably change as you get deeper into the game. I also think it will become more fluid with repetition and I do like the highly stylized visual aspects of combat. It's just really nice to look at.
I figure it will be available for free download on Xbox at some point and then I'll grab it.
It was free PS+ last august or so. I still haven't played it. Maybe I'll check it out.

It was free PS+ last august or so. I still haven't played it. Maybe I'll check it out.
Story isn't much, seriously it was definitely written for disaffected Emos (is there any other kind?). But I do actually like the way the main character delivers his lines, his reactions seem authentic and are pretty funny at times.

Just started the show. Omg am I behind. ..i took a couple years off. It feels completely different
Thinking about getting it for my boys (11-8-5) who all love baseball. Their gaming time is limited so they aren't huge gamers; will they be able to play? Thanks.$39 on PS store this week

Just started the show. Omg am I behind. ..i took a couple years off. It feels completely different
Thinking about getting it for my boys (11-8-5) who all love baseball. Their gaming time is limited so they aren't huge gamers; will they be able to play? Thanks.$39 on PS store this week
Depends. My boys are 13 and 11. They get it every year simply because it is the best baseball game hands down. But, there is far more involved in the game than they are really able to take advantage of. It's not the easiest game to just pick up and play. It gets far less play than NBA2k and Madden.

Depends. My boys are 13 and 11. They get it every year simply because it is the best baseball game hands down. But, there is far more involved in the game than they are really able to take advantage of. It's not the easiest game to just pick up and play. It gets far less play than NBA2k and Madden.
I dunno - you can set it to basically where you are just pitching and hitting. Yea, they might not do RTTS, but this game can be as casual as you want it to be.

Hey have not posted here in a while but pillars of eternity and war of the overworld are pretty awesome.

So I've watched several of ENBs videos on Bloodborne. Really looks like a better fit for my play style than the other Souls games. Disappointed to hear that it won't be on Xbox. Seems like a poor decision, but, Sony is bankrolling it so there you go.

Trying to decide what to play now that I finished DA Awakenings. I have Witcher 2, Deus Ex, GTA 5 all waiting for a serous run at them. Decisions, decisions. I'm leaning towards Deus Ex.

Just started FF6. Its pretty fun so far.
It was a short lived experience. Something happened and my saved game file got copied over by very early save. I was too far in to go back to the beginning and basically start over. I forget about some of these issues that used to happen. It's extremely disappointing.

Trying to decide what to play now that I finished DA Awakenings. I have Witcher 2, Deus Ex, GTA 5 all waiting for a serous run at them. Decisions, decisions. I'm leaning towards Deus Ex.
I would say Witcher 2 since the new one is out soon. It's nice when you finish a game and want more then BAM it's there. I did this with Mass Effect 2 and 3.

NCCommish said:
Three solid choices right there.

I would lean toward The Witcher 2, I have been incredibly impressed with the depth of the characters and story telling they have created with the series (it's really amazing for what was a rather obscure series of Polish books). On PC I remember that combat was difficult to master with primary weapons, bombs, signs and dodging it required a lot of digital dexterity. However by the mid-end game everything clicked and not only was the combat fun but it was almost elegant. It also has quite a few decision points and many of them are highly impactful on the outcome (although I am not certain how it will translate when/if you import your TW2 save into TW3). Overall it is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years or so.

You guys make some good points. What the heck Witcher it is. Going to be diving in headfirst tomorrow.
Personally, I'd go Deus Ex. It'll be a quicker game to run through and a decent break from fantasy style RPGs, especially if you intend to move on to Witcher 3 in the near future. But you can't go wrong either way.

You guys make some good points. What the heck Witcher it is. Going to be diving in headfirst tomorrow.
Personally, I'd go Deus Ex. It'll be a quicker game to run through and a decent break from fantasy style RPGs, especially if you intend to move on to Witcher 3 in the near future. But you can't go wrong either way.
Witchet 3 will be a bit as I won't be buying an XB1 soon. And after finishing DA I am still jonesing for some sword and sorcery.

Witchet 3 will be a bit as I won't be buying an XB1 soon. And after finishing DA I am still jonesing for some sword and sorcery.
Waiting is a good idea too. As stated before, I played Mass Effect 2 shortly before 3 released. Since I waited so long I ended up getting the Complete, Ultimate, Whatever Edition with all the DLC included.

I don't mind if DLC is a continuation of a game but lots of times it's stuff that happened in the time line of the games story or has nothing to do with the main story. Either way I think it's much better to play it while you're in it rather then going back months later (if at all) to play a game you've already moved on from.

I need some game selection (PS3) advice please:

Every April vacation my family and 3 others rent a big house in the Outer Banks. The dads usually get 2-3 nights of good PS3 time after the kids go to bed. In past years the most fun has been had playing Tomb Raider and the Uncharted series. We like games with a good story, some puzzle, some killing, where we can take turns playing and doing the campaign together. So I think sandbox games are out since there's no clear single goal. Some of the guys don't even play, they just watch, so nice scenery (whether it's cliffs and waterfalls, or Lara Croft in tight clothes) is a nice bonus. Also (because I'm sad and old), nothing too dark, like Arkham Asylum - my ancient 43 year old eyes just can't see anything in those games.

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be the latest or greatest. Would the Assassin's Creed games fit the bill?

Waiting is a good idea too. As stated before, I played Mass Effect 2 shortly before 3 released. Since I waited so long I ended up getting the Complete, Ultimate, Whatever Edition with all the DLC included. I don't mind if DLC is a continuation of a game but lots of times it's stuff that happened in the time line of the games story or has nothing to do with the main story. Either way I think it's much better to play it while you're in it rather then going back months later (if at all) to play a game you've already moved on from.
I agree on the DLC. I think the best DLC I've seen worked into a game was in Fallout. Didn't even realize I wasn't still playing the main game for quite a bit.

Every April vacation my family and 3 others rent a big house in the Outer Banks. The dads usually get 2-3 nights of good PS3 time after the kids go to bed. In past years the most fun has been had playing Tomb Raider and the Uncharted series. We like games with a good story, some puzzle, some killing, where we can take turns playing and doing the campaign together. So I think sandbox games are out since there's no clear single goal. Some of the guys don't even play, they just watch, so nice scenery (whether it's cliffs and waterfalls, or Lara Croft in tight clothes) is a nice bonus. Also (because I'm sad and old), nothing too dark, like Arkham Asylum - my ancient 43 year old eyes just can't see anything in those games.

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be the latest or greatest. Would the Assassin's Creed games fit the bill?
AC are sandbox games

So as I mentioned I going to jump back into Witcher. I originally tried just jumping in. I mean I have finished a lot of RPGs with swords. Got frustrated having issues with the fighting, traps, you name it. Stupid game. No stupid me. I have now spent some time really looking into the mechanics and how things work. It's actually kind of a steep curve at first. Reminds me a bit of Force Unleashed with meshing powers and dueling. I really did this game an injustice first time out. I can see this being very cool once you get your basics down. Very excited to give this a serious second shot.

The Last of Us

Users who are viewing this thread