Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

what game you fellas chattin about?

Mass Effect 2.
so many games, so little time. Still need to finish #1. :no:
DO IT!!!!

what game you fellas chattin about?

Mass Effect 2.
so many games, so little time. Still need to finish #1. :confused:
think about whats coming soon..Bulletstorm Dead Space 2Deus Ex: Human Revolution Marvel VS Capcom 3dragon age 2L.A. Noirecrysis 2holiday releasesDuke Nukem ForeverRageGears 3Portal 2Batman: Arkham City Edited by bosoxs45

I'm tying to get into Dragon Age, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.

And then I played for an hour the other day and the auto save got messed up so I ended up back where I started before I began. :lol:

I'm tying to get into Dragon Age, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.And then I played for an hour the other day and the auto save got messed up so I ended up back where I started before I began. :lmao:

:lol: Not getting into Dragon Age, either, and I usually love Bioware RPGs.

I'm tying to get into Dragon Age, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.And then I played for an hour the other day and the auto save got messed up so I ended up back where I started before I began. :lol:

It's a little slow at first, then it picks up. My only gripe is how linear the "levels/maps" are. Not used to that in this day and age.

I'm tying to get into Dragon Age, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.And then I played for an hour the other day and the auto save got messed up so I ended up back where I started before I began. :angry:

:popcorn: Not getting into Dragon Age, either, and I usually love Bioware RPGs.
DA was slow. I stopped a couple of hours in and am back on ME2. We shall see if I go back.

I'm tying to get into Dragon Age, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason.And then I played for an hour the other day and the auto save got messed up so I ended up back where I started before I began. :angry:

:popcorn: Not getting into Dragon Age, either, and I usually love Bioware RPGs.
DA was slow. I stopped a couple of hours in and am back on ME2. We shall see if I go back.
And there's just TOO MUCH going on to equip and use your weapons. That little reticule that comes up is a blizzard of information. Makes my 38 year old, Atari raised brain go :loco:

:lmao: Not getting into Dragon Age, either, and I usually love Bioware RPGs.
And there's just TOO MUCH going on to equip and use your weapons. That little reticule that comes up is a blizzard of information. Makes my 38 year old, Atari raised brain go :loco:
I don't mind the options. In fact, I think ME was awesome and then ME2 scaled way the heck back too much. I am level 16 and still only have the crappy noob SMG, for heaven's sake. I have like 5 assault rifles, 2 snipers, 7 heavies, and only 2 pistols and 1 SMG. :hot:

I don't mind the options. In fact, I think ME was awesome and then ME2 scaled way the heck back too much. I am level 16 and still only have the crappy noob SMG, for heaven's sake. I have like 5 assault rifles, 2 snipers, 7 heavies, and only 2 pistols and 1 SMG. :lmao:

I think you need to visit the tech lab and upgrade. Either that or you're not looking around enough for weaponry.

I don't mind the options. In fact, I think ME was awesome and then ME2 scaled way the heck back too much. I am level 16 and still only have the crappy noob SMG, for heaven's sake. I have like 5 assault rifles, 2 snipers, 7 heavies, and only 2 pistols and 1 SMG. :lmao:

I think you need to visit the tech lab and upgrade. Either that or you're not looking around enough for weaponry.
No, I upgrade all the time. I was just looking around and there is only 1 other SMG unless you buy Kasumi, in which case there is one other. I have everything possible to upgrade upgraded at this point.I am looking at the DLC - anything worthwhile? Overlord? Kasumi? Shadow Broker?

I read some reviews on the DLC and saw decent ones for Overlord and Shadow Broker, so I went ahead and grabbed those. I have a few already from my collector's edition of ME2, so I should be set. Reviews said Kasumi was kinda meh and not worth the $$.

Portal 2

I didn't know this was in development, but after watching the trailer I'm super excited. One of my favorite games ever, and if they build P2 from the ground up for coop play it will be completely awesome.

Portal 2

I didn't know this was in development, but after watching the trailer I'm super excited. One of my favorite games ever, and if they build P2 from the ground up for coop play it will be completely awesome.
Ever watched any of the Portal speed runs on youtube. They are crazy.

Video Game Black Friday Deals

Target

Free $10 gift card with purchase

* Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

* Dance Central

* Just Dance 2

* Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

* New Super Mario Bros. Wii

$35 games

* Halo: Reach

* Medal of Honor (Xbox 360, PS3)

* Super Mario Galaxy 2

* Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Xbox 360, PS3)

$27 games

* LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Wii)

* Shaun White Snowboarding (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)

* Carnival

* NBA Jam (Wii)

* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex

$17 games

* Dragon Quest IX

* Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360, PS3)

Best Buy

Consoles

* 160GB PS3 with LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Cars Blu-Ray - $299.99

* Red or Green DSi with Mario Party - $149.99

* 4GB Xbox 360 with LEGO Star Wars Complete Sage, LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 - $199.99

* Wii (White or Black) with Wii Remote Plus, Nunchuck, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort - $169.99 [Doorbuster: limited supplies; stores up at 5AM]

Games

* 007 Blood Stone (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3, 360) - $29.99

* The Beatles Rock Band (Wii, PS3, Xbox) - $16.99

* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - $29.99

* Cooking Mama 2 Dinner With Friends (Nintendo DS) - $9.99

* Def Jam Rapstar (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Fable III (Xbox) - $39.99

* Fallout 3 (PS3, Xbox) - $9.99

* Fallout: New Vegas (PS3, Xbox, PC) - $39.99

* FIFA Soccer 11 (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Halo Reach (Xbox) - $39.99

* inFamous (PS3) - $16.99

* Madden 11 (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Mafia II (PS3, Xbox) - $29.99

* Major League Baseball 2K10 (PS3, Xbox) - $16.99

* Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Wii) - $16.99

* Medal Of Honor (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots Greatest Hits (PS3) - $9.99

* EA Sports MMA (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe (PS3, Xbox) - $16.99

* NCAA Football 11 (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* NHL 11 (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* NHL Slapshot Limited Edition With 2 Sticks (Wii) - $39.99

* Ratchet & Clank Future Tools Of Destruction (PS3) - $16.99

* Sims 3 (PS3, Xbox) - $34.99

* Star Wars Force Unleashed (PS3) - $9.99

* Tekken 6 (Xbox) - $9.99

* Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii) - $16.99

* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Xbox) - $16.99

* WWE Smack Down Vs. Raw 2011 (Xbox) - $29.99

KMart

Games sales highlights [5AM – 11PM, Friday & 6AM – 11PM, Saturday]

* Batman: Arkham Asylum (mutli) - $14.99

* Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition (mutli) - $34.99

* Fable 3 (Xbox 360) - $39.99

* Fallout: New Vegas (mutli) - $34.99

* GoldenEye 007 (Wii) - $39.99

* Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) - $39.99

* Madden 11 (mutli) - $39.99

* Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) - $9.99

* Medal Of Honor (mutli) - $34.99

* MMA (mutli) - $39.99

* NBA Jam (Wii) - $29.99

* Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (multi) - $34.99

* The Beatles: Rock Band (multi) - $14.99

* World Of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC) - $9.99

Console bundles [5AM – 11PM, Friday & 6AM – 11PM, Saturday]

* Nintendo DSI Holiday Bundle w/ $25 gaming coupon - $149.99

* Nintendo DS Lite - $89.99 [5–11AM, Friday; ad scan]

* Nintendo Wii w/ $25 gaming coupon - $199.99

* Playstation 3 160GB Holiday Bundle w/ $25 gaming coupon - $299.99

* PS2 Toy Story 3: The Video Game Bundle - $99.99

* PSP 3000 Holiday Bundle w/ $15 gaming coupon - $129.99

* Xbox 360 4GB Console w/ Call Of Duty: Black Ops - $199.99

Edited by madshot31

At what point can you no longer do the side-quests/loyalty missions? I had the option to go to the derelict vessel to get the IFF and I said later because I would love to do all the quests, loyalty quests, etc. I have only done maybe 3 of them so far.What special abilities do you unlock with the Element Zero? I dropped 5K of the Zero and nothing happened. I would like to make sure that does not happen again.On the other hand, I got a new weapon spec on the Collector vessel and I am loving sniper. :X

I think once you go to the IFF that you're committed and can't go back to the other missions. The last crew member you recruit is through the IFF though, so don't wonder if you missed one before you do.There's a lot of things you can do with element zero. I forget the specifics, though.
Nope, you can still do side missions after the IFF, but there doing so has some end-game consequences.

Part of me wants a good deal on a 5970 or GTX 480 on Black Friday just to upgrade my 5850. :lmao: :lmao:

Successfully modded my Wii tonight.

Was (fairly) easy. I haven't gotten as far as being able to burn actual Wii games, but I am able to play every single NES, SNES, SMS, TG16, Genesis, NeoGeo, Atari 2600-7800, Arcade, and Gameboy Advance games. Playing "current" Wii games is a little more difficult without installing a mod chip. Not really a big deal to me because 97% of those are complete garbage.

:confused:what kind of mod doesn't let you play current wii games? should be software mod only to install homebrew.

I have the new red 25th anniversy Wii which comes with 4.3u. It's a little confusing on how to downgrade the firmware, and to be honest, all the wii games I have played have sucked. I didn't even like Mario Galaxy. :shrug:Odd, I know. I'd rather play 10-25 year old games over the shovelware they push out.

Just saw a trailer for Lord of the Rings: War in the North for the 360. :excited:

just ordered bfbc2 ultimate edition on amazon for 30. does anybody still play this on ps3?

Just saw a trailer for Lord of the Rings: War in the North for the 360. :thumbdown:

looks legit

I just ordered Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit from Best Buy for $35.

:thumbup:

Anyone play Assassins Creed Brotherhood? Interested in hearing about the multiplayer game.

My review of it is in the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood thread.

Decided to order a Wii for the family for Christmas. I'm looking forward to playing the Mario Galaxy games, the new Donkey Kong Country game, Metroid Prime trilogy (hopefully I can get into it), and playing Twilight Princess without an emulator that ran the game at 70-50%, which I decided to give up on. I may later mod it and put the NES, SNES, etc games on it, but for now I'll try to be legit on it.

Are there any games anyone recommend for a 3/4 year old for the system? I know about the better quality titles, and I know there are a ton of shovelware titles, but I'd like something that's halfway decent that she would like to play. She's into Mario already, so she'll probably play those games too, although not be good at it for a while (who knows, she may surprised me).

Decided to order a Wii for the family for Christmas. I'm looking forward to playing the Mario Galaxy games, the new Donkey Kong Country game, Metroid Prime trilogy (hopefully I can get into it), and playing Twilight Princess without an emulator that ran the game at 70-50%, which I decided to give up on. I may later mod it and put the NES, SNES, etc games on it, but for now I'll try to be legit on it.

Are there any games anyone recommend for a 3/4 year old for the system? I know about the better quality titles, and I know there are a ton of shovelware titles, but I'd like something that's halfway decent that she would like to play. She's into Mario already, so she'll probably play those games too, although not be good at it for a while (who knows, she may surprised me).

You can still mod it and get online and everything. It takes about 20 minutes. Lemme know if you decide to do this, I can offer some advice which will prevent some confusion.

You can still mod it and get online and everything. It takes about 20 minutes. Lemme know if you decide to do this, I can offer some advice which will prevent some confusion.

Sure. Send me the information. I'll likely do it eventually.

Need to know your firmware version first. Unless you bought the new 25th anniversary Mario Bros. red Wii I can't be sure.

Need to know your firmware version first. Unless you bought the new 25th anniversary Mario Bros. red Wii I can't be sure.

Ok. I'll get back to you later next month.

Going to fire up Heavy Rain tonight. I borrowed it from my Brother in-law.

Also been getting back into BCBF2 in anticipation of some new maps and some new DLC with Vietnam. I also love the scope on my G-3....awesome.

Still playing NBA2K11 to death as it is the best sports game ever!

Still have Madden 2011 in heavy rotation along with NCAA 2011.

Also been getting back into BCBF2 in anticipation of some new maps and some new DLC with Vietnam. I also love the scope on my G-3....awesome.

Please post your thoughts on Heavy Rain as I am considering buying it once the price drops.

Madden '11 was a huge disappointment for me.

Anyone want to buy a used, non-HDMI Xbox360 console with a controller and all the cords?

I bought an HDMI verson at Target yesterday (came with $60 in gift cards - best deal of the day) and I don't need the old one anymore. PM if interested.

:wall: Gamestop sold me a copy of super street fighter iv without the disc! Edited by bosoxs45

:wall: Gamestop sold me a copy of super street fighter iv without the disc!

How do you not check the disc before you leave the store on used games?

Please post your thoughts on Heavy Rain as I am considering buying it once the price drops.

Madden '11 was a huge disappointment for me.

Will do on Heavy Rain. I am 2 hours in and it is unlike any game I have ever played. So far I am hooked. I will give a full review once completed. It may be 3-4 weeks though as I heard the game can take 30 hours.

:lmao: Gamestop sold me a copy of super street fighter iv without the disc!

How do you not check the disc before you leave the store on used games?
I usually always check, but was in a rush to leave.

I played this a while back. It's an outstanding rental, but there is close to zero replay value IMO. Absolutely excellent for a single playthrough though.

I played this a while back. It's an outstanding rental, but there is close to zero replay value IMO. Absolutely excellent for a single playthrough though.
I heard though that the story can take several twists an turns on repeated play throughs. Making different choices set's the story down different paths.At least that is what I read in several reviews.

Doesn't really sound that appealing to me. And their promise of no lag is a joke. They can't guarantee that
This pretty much sums up my thoughts completely.
That article is from a year+ ago. Never heard of it and it seems like just another gaming system with nothing new to add to the table. Only difference is having servers, which can already be done but the game companies usually don't due to cost. FAIL!

Doesn't really sound that appealing to me. And their promise of no lag is a joke. They can't guarantee that
This appears to be a new incarnation of the Phantom which was in development for 8 years and never got off the ground.

OnLive has been available for awhile. From people I know who have tried it, I haven't heard great things. But it's a good idea. The problem is the bandwidth and the lack of support from big developers.

OnLive has been available for awhile. From people I know who have tried it, I haven't heard great things. But it's a good idea. The problem is the bandwidth and the lack of support from big developers.
:bag::yawn:Really? I just saw a commercial for it last night.