What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

The new Rocket League patch starts season one of the new ladder system. Cockroach and I are undefeated in the 2v2 ladder*!

*only 2 games played

I'm sure it's been talked about, but:

Dishonored 2

I usually don't buy games until 6 months to a year after they come out and the price has dropped, but I may make an exception for this one. The first one was just so fun.

I'm sure it's been talked about, but:

Dishonored 2

I usually don't buy games until 6 months to a year after they come out and the price has dropped, but I may make an exception for this one. The first one was just so fun.
I never managed to finish the first one. I need to go back i think

Rainbow 6 is easily one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played in a LONG time.
How does it compare to COD 4?
COD4 is my favorite shooter ever. I played that game to death and had days of playtime on it. I also am really enjoying R6.

Whether or not you enjoy it has to do with what game type you enjoyed. I only played Search and Destroy on Cod games. The bridge from that to R6 is an easy transition because it's a similar game type - you get one life per round, you're arming a bomb or rescuing a hostage, it's very tactical. I love it.

If you're a run and gun team deathmatch guy, the transition will be a little tougher. There are no deathmatch game types - they are all one life per round games that require teamwork. You go running into a building blind without scouting, you'll be dead and waiting for the next round every single time.

bigmarc27 said:
jamil said:
Bucky86 said:
Rainbow 6 is easily one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played in a LONG time.
COD4 is my favorite shooter ever. I played that game to death and had days of playtime on it. I also am really enjoying R6. Whether or not you enjoy it has to do with what game type you enjoyed. I only played Search and Destroy on Cod games. The bridge from that to R6 is an easy transition because it's a similar game type - you get one life per round, you're arming a bomb or rescuing a hostage, it's very tactical. I love it.

If you're a run and gun team deathmatch guy, the transition will be a little tougher. There are no deathmatch game types - they are all one life per round games that require teamwork. You go running into a building blind without scouting, you'll be dead and waiting for the next round every single time.
Sweet. I was all about hardcore search and destroy.

bigmarc27 said:
jamil said:
Bucky86 said:
COD4 is my favorite shooter ever. I played that game to death and had days of playtime on it. I also am really enjoying R6.Whether or not you enjoy it has to do with what game type you enjoyed. I only played Search and Destroy on Cod games. The bridge from that to R6 is an easy transition because it's a similar game type - you get one life per round, you're arming a bomb or rescuing a hostage, it's very tactical. I love it.

Sweet. I was all about hardcore search and destroy.
Same here. This will be right up your alley.

The one main difference between this and SnD is that there are operators and they're unique. In COD, everyone was the same except you might pick a different load-out. Here you've got each operator and there can only be one of each per round. You can grab "Thermite" who is equipped with two thermite charges that will breach any wall in the game. You could use "Glaz" who has a high power scoped rifle and is as close to a sniper there is in the game. You could be "Mute" on defense who uses jammers so that gadgets from the other team are jammed when in range.

There's a lot of varying ways to play with each operator and it really adds a nice level complexity. The game does have a steep learning curve at the beginning, but once you get familiar with the mechanics of each operator as well as things like reinforcing walls, it's really satisfying.

Here are a couple of my gameplay clips defending bombs from the other day just to get a feel for things...

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/8849f88b-906c-4f07-958b-1ec6253715af

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/f7c02b86-b30d-4afc-80f2-9121917badc5

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/ffec2f97-1cb4-4c9a-aeb0-abd4b9846406

Last edited by a moderator:
cockroach said:
The new Rocket League patch starts season one of the new ladder system. Cockroach and I are undefeated in the 2v2 ladder*!

*only 2 games played
Also has new maps that they're testing out. Fun stuff.
Just bought this last week, got the basics but still miss a lot of shots/passes. And have scored on my own team accidentally a couple times while trying to figure out defense. But it is a really fun game, and at $20 on Steam, it's a bargain.

cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
I like those maps. Fun stuff. Reminds me of why I started playing Rocket League.

Speaking of. I've never really played 2v2. I always play 3v3 or chaos (4v4), but decided to play a ranked 2v2 match. My teammate quits straight out and I wound up winning 4-3 in OT. I almost did something similar in 3v3 ranked play once where both of my teammates quit when we went down 3-1 and I wound up taking it into OT 4-4, but lost in OT. Only time I've ever had the winning team congratulate me as a loser. Felt good. But I still think they were pulling punches.

cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
I like those maps. Fun stuff. Reminds me of why I started playing Rocket League.

Speaking of. I've never really played 2v2. I always play 3v3 or chaos (4v4), but decided to play a ranked 2v2 match. My teammate quits straight out and I wound up winning 4-3 in OT. I almost did something similar in 3v3 ranked play once where both of my teammates quit when we went down 3-1 and I wound up taking it into OT 4-4, but lost in OT. Only time I've ever had the winning team congratulate me as a loser. Felt good. But I still think they were pulling punches.
Had to have been... good job though. I hate when people quit in ranked, but it looks like a new player will jump in now with their new ladder system. It took a good :30 to a minute or so, but someone eventually popped in.

cockroach said:

*only 2 games played

Had to have been... good job though. I hate when people quit in ranked, but it looks like a new player will jump in now with their new ladder system. It took a good :30 to a minute or so, but someone eventually popped in.
No one jumped in on my 2v2 (2v1 for me) match today. I did notice a match where a guy that dropped joined back up, so I guess if it's the same player, they can rejoin.

cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
Just bought this last week, got the basics but still miss a lot of shots/passes. And have scored on my own team accidentally a couple times while trying to figure out defense. But it is a really fun game, and at $20 on Steam, it's a bargain.
I'm 800 games in and still score on my own goal trying to make saves sometimes but if the ball's going in anyway you have to try to get it out. When you do knock it in trying to save it everyone understands and if you succeed with an epic save, it's awesome.

Loving NHL 16 so far. Set myself up as the player I always wished I was - an offensive defenseman.

I'm piling up the points...but I can't play much defense. I block the occasional shot/pass but I can't seem to check at all and if I return stick lift I more often get a penalty.

Still, really good hockey game.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Hold on, this Rocket League game you all are talking about is motorized................... soccer??????

Thought I was missing out.
More like indoor soceer or hockey.

No out of bounds

Turbo

Giant ball

blowing up opponent with right speed burst timing

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Hold on, this Rocket League game you all are talking about is motorized................... soccer??????

it is great fun and the perfect sport (along with hockey) for this to work.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

My initial thoughts exactly but it's crazy fun. It won basically every "best indie game" award and a ton of "multiplayer game of the year" awards (including PC gamer if I remember correct).

Maelstrom said:
cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
Hit me up when you feel like playing. I'll gladly join ya.

Kanil said:
Maelstrom said:
cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
I'm 800 games in and still score on my own goal trying to make saves sometimes but if the ball's going in anyway you have to try to get it out. When you do knock it in trying to save it everyone understands and if you succeed with an epic save, it's awesome.
I still have that ####### everyone now and again who gets pissed and calls you names if you knock it in when trying to save it. Some people take gaming too seriously. I just mute them. I had one game where half the game I had my teammate telling me how much I suck and that I should quit because we were down by 4. Finished with 3 goals and 2 saves to an MVP finish just to rub it in his face. Surprised he didn't just quit.

My problem is that I'm too inconsistent. I'll have a couple of awesome games and then play like a rookie, whiffing the ball all the time, the next.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

It sounds stupid, but it's awesome. I've gotten friends who can't stand sports games into it.

I was honestly just messing with Tasker.
Oops. Gotcha. This is what I get for replying to posts as I come to them.

My problem is that I'm too inconsistent. I'll have a couple of awesome games and then play like a rookie, whiffing the ball all the time, the next.
One of my friends likened it to golf saying the more you play the worse you get. A lot of times I find it depends how into it you are. If concentrating I'll prob be in position more and will have nice set ups on the ball... other times I'm distracted by trying to write a txt or something and when I'm at the game I'm whipping everywhere at 100 mph overreacting to and chasing the ball and just being a general spazz.

I also thought the game sounded terrible when I heard about it. If it weren't free for PS+ members I might have never found this gem

One of my friends likened it to golf saying the more you play the worse you get. A lot of times I find it depends how into it you are. If concentrating I'll prob be in position more and will have nice set ups on the ball... other times I'm distracted by trying to write a txt or something and when I'm at the game I'm whipping everywhere at 100 mph overreacting to and chasing the ball and just being a general spazz.

I also thought the game sounded terrible when I heard about it. If it weren't free for PS+ members I might have never found this gem
I heard it was getting praise around that time and watched some Twitch feeds of the game. I gladly paid $20 and other than Fallout 4, it was the only game I paid full price for last year. I'd do it again. And of course, I had to get myself a Delorean since I'm a big BTTF fan.

I heard it was getting praise around that time and watched some Twitch feeds of the game. I gladly paid $20 and other than Fallout 4, it was the only game I paid full price for last year. I'd do it again. And of course, I had to get myself a Delorean since I'm a big BTTF fan.
I buy any DLC they put out just to support. I got the game for free and have had so many hours of fun with it. I love that they add new content and mix up the game... So far we've gotten the mutator mashup with the different ball sizes/shapes/density & gravitys, Ice day/Hockey and now these 3 new maps. That's a LOT of new content, all free.

Kanil said:
Maelstrom said:
cockroach said:

*only 2 games played
I still have that ####### everyone now and again who gets pissed and calls you names if you knock it in when trying to save it. Some people take gaming too seriously. I just mute them. I had one game where half the game I had my teammate telling me how much I suck and that I should quit because we were down by 4. Finished with 3 goals and 2 saves to an MVP finish just to rub it in his face. Surprised he didn't just quit.

I think this new patch gives you the option to turn off all chat except the quick chat (nice shot, what a save, etc...).

I find that when I first get on it takes me 3 or 4 matches to get into a groove... once that happens I'm good for the night.

I buy any DLC they put out just to support. I got the game for free and have had so many hours of fun with it. I love that they add new content and mix up the game... So far we've gotten the mutator mashup with the different ball sizes/shapes/density & gravitys, Ice day/Hockey and now these 3 new maps. That's a LOT of new content, all free.
Agreed. Gotta keep the support up if we want them to be able to keep putting new stuff out.

You just described why I have no interest in ANY online play. Any game without a solid single player experience won't even get a glance from me.

You just described why I have no interest in ANY online play. Any game without a solid single player experience won't even get a glance from me.
In a game like Rocket League, that doesn't work. It's like playing football by yourself. Well, you can play a offline match against bots of different difficulties, but eventually, you want to play someone more competitive. The #######s I described are still the rare minority (at least on PC), unless you're on Xbox Live, then they're in every match.

In a game like Rocket League, that doesn't work. It's like playing football by yourself. Well, you can play a offline match against bots of different difficulties, but eventually, you want to play someone more competitive. The #######s I described are still the rare minority (at least on PC), unless you're on Xbox Live, then they're in every match.
I'm on a PS. Yea, I realize the PC world is different. Used to play some strat games online in the PC days. But consoles? Forget it. I'm not in to shooters or sports games, so that makes it a bit easier to not miss the online play.

Played Until Dawn last week. Started off a little slow, but I ended up having fun with it. A lot of jump scares that got me. Only 3 of my crew ended up surviving the night though...

Far Cry 4 - PS3 question. I am on play through 2 and the game appears bugged. I'm not getting any Pagan's Wrath convoys. Without those, you can never get the heavy take down. I have read of others having this issue. But every time I have read it, they say the solution is to delete all saves and clear the cache. That sounds like a PC fix correct? There's no cache to clear on a PS3? I'd hate to go and delete my saves and start all over for no reason. But not having the heavy take down pretty much ruins the stealth option for about half the game, so I don't think I really want to press on if it can't be fixed.

p.s. If anyone actually experienced this, even on Xbox or PS4, please let me know if you were able to overcome it.

Thanks...

Target had Last of Us on sale for PS3 at 20 bucks. Worth it?
You'll probably play it once, enjoy it and then never play it again. So if $20 is worth that then sure.Also, I think that's just the regular price now.

Don't check in this thread very often but when I have I was surprised to not see any RL discussion. So... pleasantly surprised to see it now. I've been playing since around its release and it is pretty much the only game I play these days. Other sports games are lame by comparison.

I always liked the mad max map as a novelty, but I am not really enjoying it in ranked play. Gives way too many funky bounces from the corners.

Don't check in this thread very often but when I have I was surprised to not see any RL discussion. So... pleasantly surprised to see it now. I've been playing since around its release and it is pretty much the only game I play these days. Other sports games are lame by comparison.

I always liked the mad max map as a novelty, but I am not really enjoying it in ranked play. Gives way too many funky bounces from the corners.
I'll pick it up when it hits this week on XB1. It seems like a dumb fun no stress kind of game.

PC or PS4?

PC or PS4?
You got prez day off? Get in a round or 10!

I've been meaning to play MGS V and Witcher 3 for ages now, but the estimated game length scares me. Instead, I played through The Witness and Firewatch in the past couple of weeks, and they're great in very different ways. I'd rather have quicker games these days.

On Xbone, "Finished" FO4 recently and picked up Sleeping Dogs. Far Cry Primal looks dope. Thinking about getting Witcher 3 but haven't played either of the other ones. Does that matter much? I did pick up Witcher 2 when it was free last month but haven't tried it yet.

My wife and I have been playing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. It's great but I can see how it would be a marriage ender haha.

Users who are viewing this thread