Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

"I'm not really feeling No Mans Sky. I want to be excited for this game but I'm not."

That was what I was going to post but decided to watch a few videos again. I'm very interested in everything outside of actually "playing" this game. By playing I mean the first person view and walking around on a planet. Also, how is it all going to work? It seems like companies sell features that aren't actually in the game or are only a fraction of what was said and the scope of this game seems way too big and way too connected to actually work.

1 hour ago, Todem said:

Just pre-ordered No Mans Sky on Amazon (Amazon Prime get's 20% off all pre-orders) for the PS4.

WOW!!!! This game looks like it will be amazing.

In the meantime I am loving Far Cry Primal and 25% of the way through. 

The Witcher III is still fantastic and I am slow burning my play through and enjoying every minute of the story as well as the side quests. 

19 days till MLB The Show 16!!!!!

So do I buy the Show 16, or do I continue my MyPlayers from 15? I don't play as much anymore.

Do people do roster updates and stuff for 15 still throughout the season? Haven't had the Show before so pardon dumb question time please.

3 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

So do I buy the Show 16, or do I continue my MyPlayers from 15? I don't play as much anymore.

Do people do roster updates and stuff for 15 still throughout the season? Haven't had the Show before so pardon dumb question time please.

The game looks like it got another round of some great upgrades. You can carry over your Road to The Show, Franchise mode and Season mode files year to year. So you can continue playing but on the newer version of the game. 

And yes you can DL the most updated community roster for 15 if you want to start a new franchise with 16 rosters. I will post some for you later that are excellent rosters if you decide to keep 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todem said:

19 days till MLB The Show 16!!!!!

We should probably have an ****Official**** thread dedicated to the game so we can all brag/complain about our player careers.

• Like 3

No Man's Sky feels like it might be another Spore or Black & White.   Innovative concepts that get hyped to hell but fall flat in terms of gameplay

On 3/9/2016 at 1:28 PM, Drifter said:

No Man's Sky feels like it might be another Spore or Black & White.   Innovative concepts that get hyped to hell but fall flat in terms of gameplay

Agreed.  The idea is really awesome and I want to like this game, but I don't have a good idea of what the actual gameplay is supposed to be.  From what I can gather, it sounds like an exercise in farming materials so you can travel to farm more materials so you can explore further and farm more materials.  I hope that's not the case, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

On 3/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, Garrett said:

Holy hell Rocket League is fun.  Not sure how I missed this until now.

What system?  If on PS4, add me, It's more fun with other people, especially if you're in a voice chat and can talk during it.  PSN is K_A_N_I_L.

Edited by Kanil
  • Like 1

PS4 Uncharted 3 is still awesome but not as good as 2. The colors and set designs are stunning. The ship graveyard and cruise ship are my favorites in all three of the games.

I've never done a speed run. May have to try that and apparently you get another trophy if you do them as fat/doghnut Drake (which IS kind of funny when you see it.)

Edited by Andy Dufresne

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

What system?  If on PS4, add me, It's more fun with other people, especially if you're in a voice chat and can talk during it.  PSN is K_A_N_I_L.

Looks like full cross platform game play will be here pretty soon.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/14/11219726/xbox-one-rocket-league-cross-platform-play-announced

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/14/11219726/xbox-one-rocket-league-cross-platform-play-announced

That would be awesome if you could friend people on other platforms and party with them...  I have a few people playing on PC I'd love to play with.

On 3/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, Garrett said:

Holy hell Rocket League is fun.  Not sure how I missed this until now.

i haven't played anything else since it came out on xbox

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, hagmania said:

Stardew Valley is some great bang for $15. Game is really deep, a cross of Harvest Moon & Minecraft on the surface with more to it than meets the eye.

Really enjoying this game with the retro graphics and all.

9 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't include cross-platform party support.  And it won't be PS vs Xbox, yet.  The ball's in Sony's court for that one.

On March 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

Agreed.  The idea is really awesome and I want to like this game, but I don't have a good idea of what the actual gameplay is supposed to be.  From what I can gather, it sounds like an exercise in farming materials so you can travel to farm more materials so you can explore further and farm more materials.  I hope that's not the case, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

From what I read you can play the game at anytime with the following (you can always change the way you play and approach the game) :

Explorer

Pirate

Bounty Hunter

Trader

Edited by Todem

The New South Park game is called , "The Fractured but Whole"?

Call me juvenile but I think that's funny. :lol:

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The New South Park game is called , "The Fractured but Whole"?

Call me juvenile but I think that's funny. :lol:

:lmao:

Count me as one of the folks who is completely addicted to Rocket League at the moment.  I've stopped playing both Destiny and Witcher 3 for now.  I bought it on Xbox first and then also bought it on Steam due to more active players right before the cross platform announcement was made.  I still am average at best, but I did finally get my first aerial goal last night!.  My username is IndyMark007 on both Xbox and Steam, so feel free to add/invite me.

Anyone played Ori and the Blind Forest?

I keep reading its kinda like Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Metroid in that you just keep upgrading which allows you to reach new places in the same world and progress.  Seems kinda fun.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Anyone played Ori and the Blind Forest?

I keep reading its kinda like Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Metroid in that you just keep upgrading which allows you to reach new places in the same world and progress.  Seems kinda fun.

One of the best games I played last year.  Fun mechanics, definitely some ridiculously difficult and frustrating levels, beautifully rendered graphics and an incredibly well told and touching story.

Never played Castelvania Symphony or Night and Metroid but it does sound like the upgrade system is quite similar.

5 hours ago, PlayaHata said:

Count me as one of the folks who is completely addicted to Rocket League at the moment.  I've stopped playing both Destiny and Witcher 3 for now.  I bought it on Xbox first and then also bought it on Steam due to more active players right before the cross platform announcement was made.  I still am average at best, but I did finally get my first aerial goal last night!.  My username is IndyMark007 on both Xbox and Steam, so feel free to add/invite me.

I sent you a group invite as well as a friend request.  I'm going by Skeletor on Steam right now.  I'm normally just SlaX, but I had a stalker the other night.  long story

5 hours ago, Chaka said:

One of the best games I played last year.  Fun mechanics, definitely some ridiculously difficult and frustrating levels, beautifully rendered graphics and an incredibly well told and touching story.

Never played Castelvania Symphony or Night and Metroid but it does sound like the upgrade system is quite similar.

I still haven't played Ori... but it's on my wish list.  I am a big fan of Metroidvania's (although you'd never know it from my avatar or anything), so I'm sure it's up my alley.

3 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Ori was the best game I played last year. I wish there were more like it.

Awesome.  I'll likely pick it up during the next Steam sale.  

Those style games are called Metroidvania games. Guacamelee was another great one.

On 3/14/2016 at 10:33 AM, Kanil said:

Hell yes; invite sent.  Anybody else playing RL on PS4 speak up.

On 3/18/2016 at 4:41 PM, shadyridr said:

Those style games are called Metroidvania games. Guacamelee was another great one.

With dos avocados?

So I've been reading mixed article - Division --- single player?

Just now, belljr said:

So I've been reading mixed article - Division --- single player?

It's possible but very difficult and boring. 

The game excels when 4 member teams work together. 

Wish Ori was on PS4. :sadbanana:

I do get the concern with No Man's Sky, 'cause I haven't read much about a plot or an actual driving force to keep playing other than exploration. Despite that, you watch the trailer and it's the stuff of dreams. Seamless transition from planetary exploration with massive rampaging dinosaurs to space travel, to fighting off an attack on a spaceship convoy, straight back into another planet's atmosphere...it's gorgeous. Even if it only lives up to 50% of its promise, it should be great.

• Like 2

Just placed my preorder of MLB the Show 16.  Amazon and their 20% off preorders got me.  That game is easily going to be worth $48 for me.  

• Like 1

Anyone overly excited for Overwatch?  I know only a little about it, but given it is Blizzard, it will probably be huge.

Dove into Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain yesterday.   That first 1-2 hours is PAINFUL and everything I've not liked about that franchise in the past.   Finally into the open gameplay (I think).   It needs to capture me pretty quickly because at the moment I just feel like I wasted a couple of hours.

3 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Just placed my preorder of MLB the Show 16.  Amazon and their 20% off preorders got me.  That game is easily going to be worth $48 for me.  

Probably won't play it much but i oredered it also

3 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Dove into Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain yesterday.   That first 1-2 hours is PAINFUL and everything I've not liked about that franchise in the past.   Finally into the open gameplay (I think).   It needs to capture me pretty quickly because at the moment I just feel like I wasted a couple of hours.

I'm guessing you are talking about EXCESSIVE cut scenes in most of the metal gear series.  This game still has cut scenes, but I don't feel it's anywhere near as bad as the last game where I think some of them were over half an hour.  I'm on mission 30 and I think I've only hit one or two that were on the longish side after that intro, and nothing nearing the last game.  I have put a TON of time into this game at this point, and am still enjoying it, but I need to start concentrating on main missions to finish the game up.

Phantom Pain definitely gets off to a slow start, but the gameplay is just as enjoyable as in previous games once you get going. Borrows a lot from Peace Walker, which I also liked a lot. Definitely worth it. I will say, though, that the way the story is told/delivered to us is rather clunky, and I couldn't get that into it from an emotional standpoint.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

The first couple of hours of MGSV are terrible and nothing at all like the rest of the game.  Once you get turned loose in Afghanistan, the gameplay becomes awesome very quickly.  

2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

The first couple of hours of MGSV are terrible and nothing at all like the rest of the game.  Once you get turned loose in Afghanistan, the gameplay becomes awesome very quickly.  

And then gets repetitive very quickly

3 hours ago, Mad Cow said:

Anyone overly excited for Overwatch?  I know only a little about it, but given it is Blizzard, it will probably be huge.

I don't know anything about and had absolutely zero interest until you dropped the B word.

Please say more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

And then gets repetitive very quickly

Agreed. Sneak into the same dirty cities and sneak around for an hour and half, rinse and repeat. Longer if you want to get through undetected. 

On 3/21/2016 at 4:33 PM, madshot31 said:

I don't know anything about and had absolutely zero interest until you dropped the B word.

Please say more.

Wish I could.  I think @Gator Shawn would have some good info.

Some Dark Souls 3 news in case folks aren't following along.  DS3 launched in Japan last week.  Some folks in North America imported the game and are playing it now.  Furthermore, it is possible to access the digital XBox version by going through the Japanese store somehow (not clear on the details since I'm a PS4 guy).  User impressions of the game are overwhelmingly positive so far. The universal consensus seems to be that it's far better than DS2 and right up there with DS1 and Bloodborne.  Obviously the gameplay is different than Bloodborne, but you get the idea.  

I'm now officially very hyped for this.   Trying to decide whether to go pyromancer or pure melee to start.  I'll probably go pyro because I did both DS2 and BB melee-only and I'd like a change of pace.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Some Dark Souls 3 news in case folks aren't following along.  DS3 launched in Japan last week.  Some folks in North America imported the game and are playing it now.  Furthermore, it is possible to access the digital XBox version by going through the Japanese store somehow (not clear on the details since I'm a PS4 guy).  User impressions of the game are overwhelmingly positive so far. The universal consensus seems to be that it's far better than DS2 and right up there with DS1 and Bloodborne.  Obviously the gameplay is different than Bloodborne, but you get the idea.  

I'm now officially very hyped for this.   Trying to decide whether to go pyromancer or pure melee to start.  I'll probably go pyro because I did both DS2 and BB melee-only and I'd like a change of pace.

It's tough to stay away from spoilers. I've seen some gameplay but I'm being strict about not watching any more until I get it.

I always go quality build with a maxed out Clay first. I'm rolling an Arcane build in Bloodborne now...I should play something else as a palate cleanser but I can't stop.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 3:07 PM, The Tick said:

I'm guessing you are talking about EXCESSIVE cut scenes in most of the metal gear series.  This game still has cut scenes, but I don't feel it's anywhere near as bad as the last game where I think some of them were over half an hour.  I'm on mission 30 and I think I've only hit one or two that were on the longish side after that intro, and nothing nearing the last game.  I have put a TON of time into this game at this point, and am still enjoying it, but I need to start concentrating on main missions to finish the game up.

Metal gear 4 has the record I think for a 75 min cut scene.

Playing:

The Division

Rainbow 6: Siege ON SALE RIGHT NOW - PLEASE BUY IT IF YOU LIKE STRATEGY AND HATE COD.

Waiting for: Dark Souls 3 (4/24/16)

• Like 1