What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

So do I buy the Show 16, or do I continue my MyPlayers from 15? I don't play as much anymore.

Do people do roster updates and stuff for 15 still throughout the season? Haven't had the Show before so pardon dumb question time please.
The game looks like it got another round of some great upgrades. You can carry over your Road to The Show, Franchise mode and Season mode files year to year. So you can continue playing but on the newer version of the game. 

And yes you can DL the most updated community roster for 15 if you want to start a new franchise with 16 rosters. I will post some for you later that are excellent rosters if you decide to keep 15.

No Man's Sky feels like it might be another Spore or Black & White.   Innovative concepts that get hyped to hell but fall flat in terms of gameplay

No Man's Sky feels like it might be another Spore or Black & White.   Innovative concepts that get hyped to hell but fall flat in terms of gameplay
Agreed.  The idea is really awesome and I want to like this game, but I don't have a good idea of what the actual gameplay is supposed to be.  From what I can gather, it sounds like an exercise in farming materials so you can travel to farm more materials so you can explore further and farm more materials.  I hope that's not the case, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Holy hell Rocket League is fun.  Not sure how I missed this until now.
What system?  If on PS4, add me, It's more fun with other people, especially if you're in a voice chat and can talk during it.  PSN is K_A_N_I_L.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 Uncharted 3 is still awesome but not as good as 2. The colors and set designs are stunning. The ship graveyard and cruise ship are my favorites in all three of the games.

I've never done a speed run. May have to try that and apparently you get another trophy if you do them as fat/doghnut Drake (which IS kind of funny when you see it.)

Agreed.  The idea is really awesome and I want to like this game, but I don't have a good idea of what the actual gameplay is supposed to be.  From what I can gather, it sounds like an exercise in farming materials so you can travel to farm more materials so you can explore further and farm more materials.  I hope that's not the case, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
From what I read you can play the game at anytime with the following (you can always change the way you play and approach the game) :

Explorer

Pirate

Bounty Hunter

Trader

Count me as one of the folks who is completely addicted to Rocket League at the moment.  I've stopped playing both Destiny and Witcher 3 for now.  I bought it on Xbox first and then also bought it on Steam due to more active players right before the cross platform announcement was made.  I still am average at best, but I did finally get my first aerial goal last night!.  My username is IndyMark007 on both Xbox and Steam, so feel free to add/invite me.

Anyone played Ori and the Blind Forest?

I keep reading its kinda like Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Metroid in that you just keep upgrading which allows you to reach new places in the same world and progress.  Seems kinda fun.

Anyone played Ori and the Blind Forest?

I keep reading its kinda like Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Metroid in that you just keep upgrading which allows you to reach new places in the same world and progress.  Seems kinda fun.
One of the best games I played last year.  Fun mechanics, definitely some ridiculously difficult and frustrating levels, beautifully rendered graphics and an incredibly well told and touching story.

Never played Castelvania Symphony or Night and Metroid but it does sound like the upgrade system is quite similar.

Count me as one of the folks who is completely addicted to Rocket League at the moment.  I've stopped playing both Destiny and Witcher 3 for now.  I bought it on Xbox first and then also bought it on Steam due to more active players right before the cross platform announcement was made.  I still am average at best, but I did finally get my first aerial goal last night!.  My username is IndyMark007 on both Xbox and Steam, so feel free to add/invite me.
I sent you a group invite as well as a friend request.  I'm going by Skeletor on Steam right now.  I'm normally just SlaX, but I had a stalker the other night.  long story

One of the best games I played last year.  Fun mechanics, definitely some ridiculously difficult and frustrating levels, beautifully rendered graphics and an incredibly well told and touching story.

Never played Castelvania Symphony or Night and Metroid but it does sound like the upgrade system is quite similar.
I still haven't played Ori... but it's on my wish list.  I am a big fan of Metroidvania's (although you'd never know it from my avatar or anything), so I'm sure it's up my alley.

Wish Ori was on PS4.  :sadbanana:

I do get the concern with No Man's Sky, 'cause I haven't read much about a plot or an actual driving force to keep playing other than exploration. Despite that, you watch the trailer and it's the stuff of dreams. Seamless transition from planetary exploration with massive rampaging dinosaurs to space travel, to fighting off an attack on a spaceship convoy, straight back into another planet's atmosphere...it's gorgeous. Even if it only lives up to 50% of its promise, it should be great.

Just placed my preorder of MLB the Show 16.  Amazon and their 20% off preorders got me.  That game is easily going to be worth $48 for me.  

Anyone overly excited for Overwatch?  I know only a little about it, but given it is Blizzard, it will probably be huge.

Dove into Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain yesterday.   That first 1-2 hours is PAINFUL and everything I've not liked about that franchise in the past.   Finally into the open gameplay (I think).   It needs to capture me pretty quickly because at the moment I just feel like I wasted a couple of hours.

Dove into Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain yesterday.   That first 1-2 hours is PAINFUL and everything I've not liked about that franchise in the past.   Finally into the open gameplay (I think).   It needs to capture me pretty quickly because at the moment I just feel like I wasted a couple of hours.
I'm guessing you are talking about EXCESSIVE cut scenes in most of the metal gear series.  This game still has cut scenes, but I don't feel it's anywhere near as bad as the last game where I think some of them were over half an hour.  I'm on mission 30 and I think I've only hit one or two that were on the longish side after that intro, and nothing nearing the last game.  I have put a TON of time into this game at this point, and am still enjoying it, but I need to start concentrating on main missions to finish the game up.

Phantom Pain definitely gets off to a slow start, but the gameplay is just as enjoyable as in previous games once you get going. Borrows a lot from Peace Walker, which I also liked a lot. Definitely worth it. I will say, though, that the way the story is told/delivered to us is rather clunky, and I couldn't get that into it from an emotional standpoint.

The first couple of hours of MGSV are terrible and nothing at all like the rest of the game.  Once you get turned loose in Afghanistan, the gameplay becomes awesome very quickly.  

Some Dark Souls 3 news in case folks aren't following along.  DS3 launched in Japan last week.  Some folks in North America imported the game and are playing it now.  Furthermore, it is possible to access the digital XBox version by going through the Japanese store somehow (not clear on the details since I'm a PS4 guy).  User impressions of the game are overwhelmingly positive so far. The universal consensus seems to be that it's far better than DS2 and right up there with DS1 and Bloodborne.  Obviously the gameplay is different than Bloodborne, but you get the idea.  

I'm now officially very hyped for this.   Trying to decide whether to go pyromancer or pure melee to start.  I'll probably go pyro because I did both DS2 and BB melee-only and I'd like a change of pace.

Some Dark Souls 3 news in case folks aren't following along.  DS3 launched in Japan last week.  Some folks in North America imported the game and are playing it now.  Furthermore, it is possible to access the digital XBox version by going through the Japanese store somehow (not clear on the details since I'm a PS4 guy).  User impressions of the game are overwhelmingly positive so far. The universal consensus seems to be that it's far better than DS2 and right up there with DS1 and Bloodborne.  Obviously the gameplay is different than Bloodborne, but you get the idea.  

I'm now officially very hyped for this.   Trying to decide whether to go pyromancer or pure melee to start.  I'll probably go pyro because I did both DS2 and BB melee-only and I'd like a change of pace.
It's tough to stay away from spoilers. I've seen some gameplay but I'm being strict about not watching any more until I get it.

I always go quality build with a maxed out Clay first. I'm rolling an Arcane build in Bloodborne now...I should play something else as a palate cleanser but I can't stop.

I'm guessing you are talking about EXCESSIVE cut scenes in most of the metal gear series.  This game still has cut scenes, but I don't feel it's anywhere near as bad as the last game where I think some of them were over half an hour.  I'm on mission 30 and I think I've only hit one or two that were on the longish side after that intro, and nothing nearing the last game.  I have put a TON of time into this game at this point, and am still enjoying it, but I need to start concentrating on main missions to finish the game up.
Metal gear 4 has the record I think for a 75 min cut scene.

As of tomorrow playing:

MLB The Show 16

The Witcher III

Far Cry Primal

Starting Witcher 3, finally. Gonna take my time with this one, unlike MGS V, where I just binged. Giving it a shot on the hardest difficulty.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread