Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

This is actually the mistake I made. I did like everything in Velen, then did everything in Novigrad. Then I got to Skellige with tons of hours and just burned through it as quickly as possible because I'm tired of the playing.  I definitely should have kept better pace early on with the main story. 

I realized at the end of Novigrad instead of watching the cutscenes, I was just reading the subtitles and fast forwarding. 

Well that's my play style though. When it has my interest I wring it out. When a game doesn't really have my interest it starts to feel like work then I get all lets just finish.

2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I realized at the end of Novigrad instead of watching the cutscenes, I was just reading the subtitles and fast forwarding. 

I've been doing that the whole time.  I just recently did the part where you find Ciri and fight the something-Hunt.   That was kind of cool but to start that part I had to advance and fail a bunch of missions I was part way through, but I saved.  Is it worth it to go back and do it over?  I probably wouldn't even consider it, but I took Ciri back to her dad and accepted the reward (and I wouldn't have, but I spent so much money at the whorehouse I figured I should) which pissed her off, so I was thinking of undoing that.

7 minutes ago, cockroach said:

I've been doing that the whole time.  I just recently did the part where you find Ciri and fight the something-Hunt.   That was kind of cool but to start that part I had to advance and fail a bunch of missions I was part way through, but I saved.  Is it worth it to go back and do it over?  I probably wouldn't even consider it, but I took Ciri back to her dad and accepted the reward (and I wouldn't have, but I spent so much money at the whorehouse I figured I should) which pissed her off, so I was thinking of undoing that.

Everything you do in the game affects the ending. It sounds like you are headed for the bad ending where Ciri and Geralt both die.

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Witcher was kinda "meh" for me. The in-game boobies were nice though.

Well I really like the game but I will agree with your analysis of the in game boobies though. Top notch cleavage all around. And some pretty nice butts.

4 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Witcher was kinda "meh" for me. The in-game boobies were nice though.

Yeah, I worked hard to make sure and get e-laid.

1 minute ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I passed on my first chance. I am holding out for the unicorn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Me too... even dropped the L bomb when I was only kind of meh about her, but it WORKED!

10 minutes ago, NCCommish said:

Everything you do in the game affects the ending. It sounds like you are headed for the bad ending where Ciri and Geralt both die.

uh, SPOILER ALERT!

I like melancholy endings, not that cookie cutter Hollywood crap, so I'd be happy if that was the path I'm on.  Guess I'll continue. 

• Like 1

Just now, cockroach said:

uh, SPOILER ALERT!

I like melancholy endings, not that cookie cutter Hollywood crap, so I'd be happy if that was the path I'm on.  Guess I'll continue. 

My bad. There are so many endings and apparently even small changes in behavior affect which one you get so I cant say for certain but I do know the big spending in the whorehouse and taking the Emyrs money is two things that help push you that way.

1 minute ago, NCCommish said:

My bad. There are so many endings and apparently even small changes in behavior affect which one you get so I cant say for certain but I do know the big spending in the whorehouse and taking the Emyrs money is two things that help push you that way.

Yea, she was NOT happy I took that coin.  I figured it would be a lot since I just did, what felt like, a huge mission, but I think it was only 100.  WTF!

Just now, cockroach said:

Yea, she was NOT happy I took that coin.  I figured it would be a lot since I just did, what felt like, a huge mission, but I think it was only 100.  WTF!

Yeah the economy in the game is a little off IMO. Vendors pay one tenth what they sell it for. That just ridiculous. There is at least one merchant that pays full price but you have to play the game where you buy a bunch of little stuff from him first because he only has a couple of hundred in coins.

13 minutes ago, NCCommish said:

Yeah the economy in the game is a little off IMO. Vendors pay one tenth what they sell it for. That just ridiculous. There is at least one merchant that pays full price but you have to play the game where you buy a bunch of little stuff from him first because he only has a couple of hundred in coins.

It was the same way in Witcher 2 one of the things that annoyed me.  I was on PC so I saw there was a "market correction" mod I almost installed but decided to just live with it.  Was hoping that was going to be better in Witcher 3 (still don't have it yet, I'm still being cheap and waiting for it to go down in price).

7 minutes ago, The Tick said:

It was the same way in Witcher 2 one of the things that annoyed me.  I was on PC so I saw there was a "market correction" mod I almost installed but decided to just live with it.  Was hoping that was going to be better in Witcher 3 (still don't have it yet, I'm still being cheap and waiting for it to go down in price).

This is really my one game play complaint. I mean at least most games there are ways to raise what you make from vendors but I don't see any way to do that here.

Guess I don't get the issue but I'm sitting on 100K and that's after dropping like 40K recently building up to some sweet Grandmaster Witcher gear.  

Most vendors ran out of money before I did gear to sell anyway.  There are some rich guys in Blood and Wine though that makes it easy to drop everything at.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Master of Past and Present said:

Guess I don't get the issue but I'm sitting on 100K and that's after dropping like 40K recently building up to some sweet Grandmaster Witcher gear.  

Most vendors ran out of money before I did gear to sell anyway.  There are some rich guys in Blood and Wine though that makes it easy to drop everything at.  

I think I have 800 coin right now. Most I have ever had at any one time. Of course I haven't progressed the story that far yet so maybe it picks up.

9 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

Pac Man 256... anyone play? Good?

I've heard good things, but I don't own it yet.  It's a port of the mobile game, which is free with microtransactions.  The $5 console/pc port doesn't have the microtransactions.  

9 hours ago, SlaX said:

I've heard good things, but I don't own it yet.  It's a port of the mobile game, which is free with microtransactions.  The $5 console/pc port doesn't have the microtransactions.  

My 5 year old plays it on the phone. It's a cool twist on the classic. Simple time waster.

46 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The Hearts of Iron series is on sale at Steam. I just grabbed Hearts of Iron II for $2.49

Is that a rts?

Damage so far:

X-Com 2+DLC:                                                  $41.24
Bioshock Infinite+DLC,                                      $12.49
Axiom Verge,                                                     $11.99
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight,        $7.99
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth,                        $7.36
Ghost,                                                                $6.49
Transistor,                                                          $4.99
Hotline Miami 2,                                                 $3.74
Peggle Complete,                                              $2.24

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                         Total:        $98.53

Wanted to pick up Doom but I have a feeling in a few months it will be less than 20 bucks whereas I don't think X-Com 2 will be coming down in price for a while.

Other games I would recommend that I already own:

• Valkyria Chronicles, $4.99
  • Hotline Miami, $2.49
  • Shovel Knight, $10.04
  • CS:GO, $7.49
  • Wolfenstein The New Order, $9.99
  • Portal Bundle (1+2), $5.23
Edited by Run It Up

Playing Mass Effect 3 for the first time. I am trying to do a 100% insanity run and really loving it. I have forgotten how good the story is and enjoying the whole thing. I have all dlc and the additional ending content. Insanity does seem really easy compared to ME2, basically back down to ME1 hard mode light for insanity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madshot31 said:

Playing Mass Effect 3 for the first time. I am trying to do a 100% insanity run and really loving it. I have forgotten how good the story is and enjoying the whole thing. I have all dlc and the additional ending content. Insanity does seem really easy compared to ME2, basically back down to ME1 hard mode light for insanity.

Some sections can be annoying but no where near ME2 hard. 

52 minutes ago, madshot31 said:

Definitely easier than 2, but there's a pretty big variation based on what class you are playing. There were two parts of the game I had a TON of trouble with as a vanguard/adept but were 100x easier as a soldier, for example. 

Can't 100% it now. The Citadel Hamar Diplomat quests is glitched and the terminals won't spawn because I left the citadel. Looked it up and it was a launch glitch that was never fixed :thumbs up:

1 hour ago, madshot31 said:

Can't 100% it now. The Citadel Hamar Diplomat quests is glitched and the terminals won't spawn because I left the citadel. Looked it up and it was a launch glitch that was never fixed :thumbs up:

Yep. Did that the first time too. Annoying. Honestly people complain about the ending (like me) but it was shipped with a lot of dumbed down features and glitches. The game probably needed another 6 months to be finished.

23 hours ago, need2know said:

Is that a rts?

Kinda. You don't control individual units real time like Age of Empires or Starcraft. 

It's real time turn based - the enemy doesn't wait for you to finish your turn. 

After playing it awhile I do like it but feel extremely overwhelmed. It's too much for me. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Moobin I feel like you have been cheating on me with the computer games for a while now :/

PS- I love PC games it's just I have a beaten to shreds 7 year old laptop 

Edited by madshot31

On 23/06/2016 at 10:00 PM, need2know said:

Oh you ain't seen nothing yet

Agree, I've almost got to the end of Hearts of Stone (I think) but enjoyed it a lot.  I've got Blood and Wine on deck ready to go as well.  Thanks for the push, probably wouldn't have gone back to this game without it.

Played Rocket League a little while ago with someone (I think the name started with 'Jag') who asked me as I was switching games if I was FBG.  Answer is yes (since you're reading this) and let me know your Steam tag again, so I can add you to the FBG group.   

6 hours ago, Ash said:

Agree, I've almost got to the end of Hearts of Stone (I think) but enjoyed it a lot.  I've got Blood and Wine on deck ready to go as well.  Thanks for the push, probably wouldn't have gone back to this game without it.

Yeah its well worth the money

22 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Kinda. You don't control individual units real time like Age of Empires or Starcraft. 

It's real time turn based - the enemy doesn't wait for you to finish your turn. 

After playing it awhile I do like it but feel extremely overwhelmed. It's too much for me. 

I have Hearts of Iron 2, Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, and Crusader Kings 2 loaded currently. Crusader Kings 2 may be my favorite game of all time, just edging out Civ 2.

I can't get into HoI2 or EU4 at all.

Just now, Cold Dead Hands said:

I have Hearts of Iron 2, Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, and Crusader Kings 2 loaded currently. Crusader Kings 2 may be my favorite game of all time, just edging out Civ 2.

I can't get into HoI2 or EU4 at all.

CK2 is awesome.  Just sex your way to king of the world.  It's great.

3 hours ago, need2know said:

Yeah its well worth the money

Making me glad I got the season pass.

HOI2 is just so vast it's overwhelming. I'm going to keep plugging away at the tutorials and see if I can't give it a whirl. 

I would have likely abandoned it to play Rise of Nations HD on steam but after purchasing it and checking the forums it appears it has a bug and won't work! Nothing in the reviews stated this. Shame, I really wanted to give it a go. 

18 hours ago, madshot31 said:

Moobin I feel like you have been cheating on me with the computer games for a while now :/

PS- I love PC games it's just I have a beaten to shreds 7 year old laptop 

Really haven't been playing many games at all lately. 

Dont worry, I'm just about done scratching my PC itch as ice yet again fallen in that purgatory of having a underpowered PC that can't play any of the newest games and all the older games won't run on it. 

One of these days ill drop some dough on a uber leet system but it's not going to be for awhile. Gotta finish my tattoo and buy a new truck before I splurge on a gaming system. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, madshot31 said:

Been doing the same thing on all 3 Mass Effect's this month.  I'll be done with 3 by the end of this week and will be 100% (as far as I can tell) except for the documentary quest in refugee bay.  Known bug that you can't take any of the incorrect pictures as it only lets you take 3 total. Was kina pissed, but didn't have a save anywhere near that point.

To the next guy's point, don't think it was that bad, think it's a pretty stable game without too many glitches, definitely don't think that was a major problem with it at all.  I may not like the ending, but thought the game is pretty solid.  I had many more issues with 2 where I kept getting stuck on top of stuff, like somehow clipping onto the top of barriers or crates that there was no way to get off of.  Also a lot more random crashes that were hard to get around.  3 has been pretty clean.

On 6/24/2016 at 9:23 AM, Chaka said:

So when Xbox Gold Live (or whatever it's called) has a free game like X-Com this month and you download it, do you get to keep it forever or will you be required to pay after the free download period is up?

360 games are yours forever. XB1 games are yours as long as you have a Gold membership.

• Like 1

Popped in Until Dawn again...such a cool well, made game. Highly recommend it.

Edited by Todem

35 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

360 games are yours forever. XB1 games are yours as long as you have a Gold membership.

:thumbup: 

Anyone here have direct experience hooking up a Steam Controller to an Xbox One?  Putting aside of course the general hatred in the console community for the Steam Controller.  Just curious if anyone has successfully connected one to an Xbox One?

This video shows a guy making it work using CronusMax+  can anyone in here verify that this actually works?

2 hours ago, The Tick said:

Been doing the same thing on all 3 Mass Effect's this month.  I'll be done with 3 by the end of this week and will be 100% (as far as I can tell) except for the documentary quest in refugee bay.  Known bug that you can't take any of the incorrect pictures as it only lets you take 3 total. Was kina pissed, but didn't have a save anywhere near that point.

To the next guy's point, don't think it was that bad, think it's a pretty stable game without too many glitches, definitely don't think that was a major problem with it at all.  I may not like the ending, but thought the game is pretty solid.  I had many more issues with 2 where I kept getting stuck on top of stuff, like somehow clipping onto the top of barriers or crates that there was no way to get off of.  Also a lot more random crashes that were hard to get around.  3 has been pretty clean.

I was more annoyed with he step back n in basic features. Me1 & 2 had a mission guide that let you know where you were in a mission and where to go next to complete it. That was extremely helpful doing on the menial side tasks in those games. Me3 did away with all that. 1&2 also had extensive areas to explore when not in battle. The Citadel in 1 felt like a vast structure even though you were walking around just the presidium. In 3 they made it an elevator that magically takes you to 5 rooms that are no where near each other on the Citadel. Lost a lot of immersion for me. Other minor annoyances as well. 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Is there a simple way to share clips of gameplay on PS4? I had an epic round on R6-Siege.

Hit the "share button" there by the dpad... you can then save the last 15 min of gameplay... then edit it and post it with the "Capture gallery"

• Like 1

So the Steam sale...kinda weak, no?  At this point it looks like we can expect the prices to be what they currently are and there will be no special price drops (Daily Deals or Flash sales).  That sound right?

8 minutes ago, Chaka said:

So the Steam sale...kinda weak, no?  At this point it looks like we can expect the prices to be what they currently are and there will be no special price drops (Daily Deals or Flash sales).  That sound right?

Unfortunately, yes.  I was hoping for some Daily Deals to poach for the wait between now and Civ6.

There are some ok deals to be had but they tend to be on games I already own.

One of the guys that works for me got two Divinity keys for like $35 for he and his wife. That's the only good deal I've heard of so far.

8 minutes ago, TheAristocrat said:

Unfortunately, yes.  I was hoping for some Daily Deals to poach for the wait between now and Civ6.

There are some ok deals to be had but they tend to be on games I already own.

I see plenty of decent prices on stuff but I, like most others, am typically the guy who waits for the flash deal during the Steam sale. Cities:Skylines, Alien: Isolation and Watch Dogs for $12 each is pretty solid.  Assassin's Creed for $10 seems good but I would typically wait for something closer to $5 for a 2008 game.

I love finding a great $5 game and right now the best I see at that price is one I have been following called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.  

Playing Uncharted4.  A few hours in and its very fun.  Same formula as previous episodes still works, great storyline....

2 hours ago, Chaka said:

They started doing that last year.  Cut out the daily deals and flash sales.  Same deals for the entire sale.  There are some decent deals, but I've seen several games cheaper during weekend sales.

7 minutes ago, SlaX said:

They started doing that last year.  Cut out the daily deals and flash sales.  Same deals for the entire sale.  There are some decent deals, but I've seen several games cheaper during weekend sales.

I think the hardware game is hitting their pockets. Can't offer the huge deal anymore.