What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Have your played the Batman series? Mordor has the same type of combat system. Your hits have to be timed and not mashed.
You can dodge and jump over people to get to a less congested area of the fight.
I haven't played the newest one but I played the others. 

My problem wasn't with the fights/combat, it was with the movement. Specifically, the climbing and getting to the higher places. I only brought up the fact of the swarm and sniper to show that it wasn't just me trying to climb around for no reason. 

I bought INSIDE the other night after my wife went to bed and powered through the entire game in 3 hours. If you've played Limbo, it's my the same team and is practically the same gameplay.  It's really well done albeit short. The puzzles were all logical, the pacing is perfect, and it carries a nice amount of suspense as well.  Also it's weird as ####. The last 30 minutes of it had to have been created while high. 

Borden said:
PSN is having a summer sale. Street Fighter V, Doom, A Taletale Collection seem to be the big names. 

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be one of this months games and Saints Row 4: Reelected (comes with all the DLC) is $5 during this Summer - Week 1 sale. These games aren't "good" games but they can be entertaining. 
Saints Row IV isn't good, it's awesome.

I couldn't get into Shadows of Mordor. I got swarmed by a pack then a "sniper" started picking me off with arrows. Trying to climb up to get the sniper was too clunky and annoying so I turned it off. This was in the first 15 minutes of the game. There's some interesting ideas in the game, like the Nemesis system, but I get too frustrated which games that I find difficult to move around in. 
Shadows of Mordor is very difficult until you level up your character a bit with side missions. I almost quit within the first couple hours, but after maybe 5 hours of game play I was rarely ever seriously threatened again. 

Picked up Lego Movie game, Lego Star Wars complete Saga and Lego Batman 3, all $10 each. My son will be happy.

Bought Ori for $13 and Dark Souls 2 for $20. 

I've already beaten DS2 but it was the base game and not scholar of the first win and it was on PS3. 

I might pick up Oxenfree. Has anyone played that?

Waiting to play Banner Saga 2 on the PS4. Supposed to come out today, and the first one was great. The Eyvind Earle-inspired art is stunning.

Started Shadow of Mordor last night.  It's ok so far, but I get what people say about being hard to start.  It feels like there is very little direction from the beginning and literally there were 2 captains like 20 feet from where you start.  You don't know to avoid them until it's pretty much too late.  I read some of the "tips before you play articles", I actually really like some of those, and I think the best one was something along the lines of, I know there is a lot of stuff to do around you, but to start, just follow the main story for a couple missions before you do anything else.  After my initial failures I started doing that and it got me on track pretty quickly.

Started Shadow of Mordor last night.  It's ok so far, but I get what people say about being hard to start.  It feels like there is very little direction from the beginning and literally there were 2 captains like 20 feet from where you start.  You don't know to avoid them until it's pretty much too late.  I read some of the "tips before you play articles", I actually really like some of those, and I think the best one was something along the lines of, I know there is a lot of stuff to do around you, but to start, just follow the main story for a couple missions before you do anything else.  After my initial failures I started doing that and it got me on track pretty quickly.
Yeah when I get back to this that's what I'm going to do. I got into trouble early as well.

Shadow of Mordor has fun combat mechanics and the orc hierarchy system is really cool, but in terms of structure and story, the game is all over the place.

Picked up Dragon Age for 16.00 Includes all the DLC. And although I likely won't use them I get a ton of multiplayer credits.

Shadow of Mordor has fun combat mechanics and the orc hierarchy system is really cool, but in terms of structure and story, the game is all over the place.
Yeah, at times it really shows that it's a concept game rather than a game with a real storyline, but the mechanics and orc hierarchy system are done so well I'm willing to overlook the other warts.

Hopefully this just means Shadows of Mordor 2 will be that much better. I recall the first Assassin's Creed being something of an empty shell compared to what its following games were.

Syndicate is IMO the best story since ACII.
Played a ton of this over the weekend. I agree its maybe the best AC since II. 

Here's the thing I miss, though - in the old AC games, you'd have a number of areas where you'd have to figure out a detailed way to climb to whatever treasure you needed. For example, you'd have to climb up a huge abandoned church or in an underground tunnel or something. They took all of that out - now its just a pure fighting game. 

I miss those climbing puzzles. Its worse for not having any.

The original Red Dead Redemption will be backwards compatible on XBox One on Friday. It's also on sale now in the XBox Store.

I've been playing it a fair bit on the PS3 lately. A bit dated, but it still holds up pretty well. Basically Grand Theft Auto in the wild west.

The original Red Dead Redemption will be backwards compatible on XBox One on Friday. It's also on sale now in the XBox Store.

I've been playing it a fair bit on the PS3 lately. A bit dated, but it still holds up pretty well. Basically Grand Theft Auto in the wild west.
Do you know if there has been any talk about a sequel? 

Anyone playing ranked overwatch?  I'm doing the placement games now and am 5-2 with one of the two losses being when someone from my team left the match early.

Anyone playing ranked overwatch?  I'm doing the placement games now and am 5-2 with one of the two losses being when someone from my team left the match early.
No. I'm pretty bad at the game and don't want to #### up anyone else's placement match. Plus I don't want to listen to the dudes that take their pixel ranking way too seriously.

Man has the Blizzard forum filled up with whining since competitive came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I'm pretty bad at the game and don't want to #### up anyone else's placement match. Plus I don't want to listen to the dudes that take their pixel ranking way too seriously.

Man has the Blizzard forum filled up with whining since competitive came out.
hah... I don't even listen to teamchat.  Turned the "autojoin chat" features off.  I mean, I care to win but not enough to deal with the problems of joining a chat.  They have quick chat commands setup in game for what you need to do.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/05/rockstars-the-warriors-is-out-now-for-ps4

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-warriors/cid=UP1004-CUSA03515_00-SLUS212150000001

$15 Warriors PS4

New York, 1979. A battle on the streets. The armies of the night number 60,000 strong, and tonight they’re all after The Warriors – a street gang wrongly accused of killing a rival gang leader. The Warriors must make their way from one end of New York to their turf on the other side of the city. All that stands between The Warriors and their survival are 20 miles and thousands of street gang members. The army of gangs owns the streets and there’s no turning back, they must fight for their lives and learn the meaning of loyalty as danger and uncertainty emerge form the city night.

Experience The Warriors® for PS2™ with full 1080p up-rendering and enhanced features such as Trophies, Shareplay, Remote Play, Activity Feeds and Second Screen support for game manuals with 'PS Vita' or PS App.

It's very much a re-release, meaning it won't feature overhauled visuals or modern systems - but that's not to say it hasn't been brought up to date somewhat.

According to the game's PS Store listing, it features, "full 1080p up-rendering and enhanced features such as Trophies, Shareplay, Remote Play, Activity Feeds and Second Screen support for game manuals with PS Vita or PS App.

"This title has been converted from the original PS2 version to the PS4. There may be times where the the title plays differently from the PS2 version."

Way back in the mists of time (the mid-Noughties), we gave The Warriors an 8.7 review, saying it "does amazing things with a license that most people probably wouldn't have expected much from" and that it was "a true step forward in the brawling genre".

It was also a great exemplar of film-licensed games done right, spending much of its time showing the events preceding the cult gang-fight movie it was based on, rather than trying to adapt the already-told story into a game framework, nor ignoring it totally.

I just picked up a cheap Bloodborne off of Ebay.

Any recommendations for a long time Souls player(I have played a gazillion hours and have a gazillion deaths on Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1 and 2)?

I have heard that there is no shield (yikes) and ranged attack is weak (double yikes) in Bloodborne and that the game is more designed around fast combat melee.

As a new Xbox One owner with a limited game library all of the games below seem like great deals on Xbox Live Ultimate Games Sale.  Is there any reason not to jump in at these price points?

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY    $10    50%

Assassin's Creed Unity    $12    60%

Far Cry 4    $16.00    60%

Halo Master Chief Collection Digital    $20.00   60%

Halo V Guardians Digital Deluxe Edition    $36.00   60%

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold Edition    $36.00   60%

Fallout 4 Digital Deluxe Edition    $55.00   50%

Didn't even know this was happening. I've been out of town for a week (still am) so, I'm not caught up. Going to go read up on this placement thing. What's your opinions?

I'm currently considering moving out a house in the country and the best internet I can get is 25 Mbps download *in the optimal conditions. Is this good enough play MP games? 

Also, how bad would patches, updates etc be? I assume I will be buying mostly physical copies of games if I end up out in the sticks. 

Edit: It seems Ping is the key factor for playing online. Which I have no idea what it is. Going to see if I can get an idea of what it would be in the area. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently considering moving out a house in the country and the best internet I can get is 25 Mbps download *in the optimal conditions. Is this good enough play MP games? 

Also, how bad would patches, updates etc be? I assume I will be buying mostly physical copies of games if I end up out in the sticks. 

Edit: It seems Ping is the key factor for playing online. Which I have no idea what it is. Going to see if I can get an idea of what it would be in the area. 
Depends. 25 could be fine if there's no one around you hogging the bandwidth.  But most times you will only have about 10-12 MB download which may have severe visual lag for certain games. 

I just remember that I preordered No Man's Sky. I'm planning on taking August 9th off so I can play.

I hope I am not disappointed by this game. It's trying to fill so many boxes. 

So the website that was listing the PS4 deals on games is blocked at work.

Anything major to check out?  

I know that's pretty open ended

Link:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/...DYEARSLELP

For PS Plus member has another 10% discount on these prices, for all platforms.

PlayStation 4

Adventures of Pip – $5.99
Amplitude – $9.99
ArcaniA: The Complete Tale – $7.99
Armello – $9.99
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China – $5.99
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India – $5.99
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia – $5.99
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy – $14.99
Bedlam: The Game – $6.49
Bit Trip Presents Runner2 – $3.99
Bladestorm: Nightmare – $29.99