What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

I beat Ori last night myself. 

I found it to be quite difficult. Like, I got more frustrated in the escape sequences than I even did in any of the dark Souls games.  I died nearly 500 times according to my stats.  Granted, a good number of those came due to having 1 health entering into the water tree escape so literally any hit from anything killed me, but that's a lot of dying. 
That water escape sequence was almost "Throw the controller through the television" frustrating.

Still love Ori though. Great game.

That water escape sequence was almost "Throw the controller through the television" frustrating.

Still love Ori though. Great game.
The lava one at the end was annoying too because there's portions where you might die through no fault your own. In the final escape, there's a portion where you have to jump up on three separate hanging lights or whatever they are to get to a platform while dodging the lava that shoots up. More than once when I got there the first lamp was swinging so wildly that I couldn't jump to it because it was behind the lava spout.  By the time it was available, the bird had already sniped me. If I died 50x on this escape, I'd say 7 or 8 were on that portion and I had no way of making it. 

Currently throwing the controler over Inside.  Stuck about 2/3 of the way through, trying to swim to a button, press it to drop the door, and trying to get out before I get caught by villain.  The walkthroughs and videos are pretty nonchalant about it but I barely get close.  !@#$@#$%#

I have about 40 hours into my first run of Bloodborne now.  I knew I would enjoy since I loved all the Souls games before.  I have probably died well over 200 times but that is not atypical for me in these games.

Even as an experience Souls player I still chuckle at how little information the game gives you to advance yourself.   I think I have missed numerous things in this first run that I will have to read up on during my second run (probably an NG+ run).

My only small complaint is the lack of build options (which is typically low in a Souls game but is minuscule in Bloodborne).   I am still using the exact same weapon 40 hours in that I started the game with and I think it will see me through my first full run (I missed out on the actual weapon I wanted for this build but might try and grab that in a second run).

Most bosses are taking me multiple times to kill but I was surprised that I killed 2 bosses on my first try, that is super rare for me in a Souls game.

Currently throwing the controler over Inside.  Stuck about 2/3 of the way through, trying to swim to a button, press it to drop the door, and trying to get out before I get caught by villain.  The walkthroughs and videos are pretty nonchalant about it but I barely get close.  !@#$@#$%#

I beat this game. I think I know where you're talking about. The thing to remember about INSIDE, is that it's never a quick twitch answer, it's a problem solving answer. If you're not getting close, you're missing a piece of the puzzle. 

I think on that part you need to go hop in the water on the far side and draw the killer mermaid thing all the way to that side and then hop out. Then when you try and proceed on the other side you'll have more time to make it before it catches up. 

Ran my overwatch placement games.  Ended up 6-4 with two losses due to people leaving the game early (one we were up 2-0, the other they left right as we started).  I'm currently at a 58 skill level.

Just saw the $60 Mini-Nintendo thread and it made me think.  I have a confession to make.  I've been gaming for 32 years now, and have never, ever, not even for a single second, played a Zelda game.

Just saw the $60 Mini-Nintendo thread and it made me think.  I have a confession to make.  I've been gaming for 32 years now, and have never, ever, not even for a single second, played a Zelda game.
Same here. Never ever got into it. I preferred Ultima III, and Dragon Quest on NES and never got into the whole Zelda thing.

Well the beauty of those games is that they are still infinitely playable even today. Expect maybe Zelda 2.  That's a tough one to get into if you didn't play it as a kid.

Well the beauty of those games is that they are still infinitely playable even today. Expect maybe Zelda 2.  That's a tough one to get into if you didn't play it as a kid.
I've watched my wife play a few of them.  They look like something I'd be into if I'd gotten into them as a kid, just never have.

Zelda 2 kinda sucked.  Worst one of the series imo
I've played them all (exception: Skyward Sword) and I disagree.  It was different than the first and the only side-scrolling official Zelda game, but it was ground-breaking.  I won't call it close to the best, but I still enjoy it.  If you're looking for worst, look at The Four Swords Games, Crossbow Training, Phantom Hourglass... or, if you count them, any of the three CDi games (unfortunately, I've played those too).    

I know, you were stating opinion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played them all (exception: Skyward Sword) and I disagree.  It was different than the first and the only side-scrolling official Zelda game, but it was ground-breaking.  I won't call it close to the best, but I still enjoy it.  If you're looking for worst, look at The Four Swords Games, Crossbow Training, Phantom Hourglass... or, if you count them, any of the three CDi games (unfortunately, I've played those too).    

I literally couldn't play Zelda 2 and enjoy it. It was pretty bad.

I literally couldn't play Zelda 2 and enjoy it. It was pretty bad.
So, I take it you've played all those other games and you're still saying it's the worst?  Or are you just saying you didn't like that one.  If all you've played is the original, 2, Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, then I'll agree that's it's the worst of the lot.  I'm just trying to see what criteria we're basing "worst" on here.  It's not even considered a bad game by most.

4 swords was pretty bad. Forgot about that one

Zelda 2 is not a bad game. It's just really hard to play by today's standards if you never started it when you were a kid. It plays more like an RPG almost than a Zelda game.

AVGN Zelda 2

Love Zelda 2.

I honestly cant picka favorite over the the first one, second one and the Links awakening (SNES).

Other then the one for the Wii with he cool cel shaded graphics I haven't really liked any of the other Zeldas, especially when they went "3D".

Love Zelda 2.

I honestly cant picka favorite over the the first one, second one and the Links awakening (SNES).

Other then the one for the Wii with he cool cel shaded graphics I haven't really liked any of the other Zeldas, especially when they went "3D".
Links Awakening was Gameboy. Link to the Past was SNES.

Windwaker was Better than I initially gave it credit for. But you should give Twilight Princess a chance. That is right up near the top for me.

Links Awakening was Gameboy. Link to the Past was SNES.

Windwaker was Better than I initially gave it credit for. But you should give Twilight Princess a chance. That is right up near the top for me.
But play it on Gamecube.  I dislike the Wii version.  

Love Zelda 2.

Not saying it's not a good game, but link to the past, ocarina of time, twilight princess, zelda 1 blow it away.  It's been a pretty cool franchise.  Wish they came out with more stuff

Not saying it's not a good game, but link to the past, ocarina of time, twilight princess, zelda 1 blow it away.  It's been a pretty cool franchise.  Wish they came out with more stuff
In that group, I agree that Zelda 2 is the weaker of the bunch.  

Having played nearly all of the Zelda franchise games, I would say Zelda 2 is by far the most difficult one (and one of the ones I most enjoy).  There is a pretty significant gap between the difficulty in that game and the next one down (based on the ones I've played - missed a few) - I'd probably say Majora's Mask was the next most difficult, although the difficulty in that game is pretty much circumvented once you get the songs to slow and speed up time.

I wish Ninetendo consoles weren't such a joke nowadays, as I wouldn't invest in one  down the road just for Zelda or the few other good franchises relegated to their systems.

Finally finished the Witcher 3 today too - I put it down for about 6 months while I focused on some other games.  Played the entire game on Deathmarch - pretty ridiculous at first, but as soon as I got decent equipment, it was mostly a breeze, with a few exceptions.  Got the Ciri is Empress and Geralt is alone ending (tried to woo Triss and Yen to my dismay, but got the hilarious cutscenes where they both seduce Getalt and tie him to a bed and leave him there).  Enjoyed the game.

Any ps4 guys by their system by any chance, I may have had my account hacked, but so far PS Support has been less than helpful.  Basically I have a questions on the account on the system.  Something with the names has changed.  When I first turn on the PS4 I only have one account to log into, I think the name under that account is usually my PSN name, today it's different, also when I go to the profile screen (hit up arrow when you first log in, scroll right a few icons to profile, on the right side you see your picture (I don't have one so you get that square smiley face) below that online status, edit profile, privacy settings etc..  Next to that on the top of the screen you start to see account or psn names.  I see the online/offline circle with an unknown name that looks like a gamer tag next to it.  Under that in smaller looks like italics I see my PSN id.

I'm wondering what that larger name up top is, because I don't think I chose or set that.

It just looks like either something strange happened to my PS4 or I was hacked, but as that profile is saved on the ps4, I'm not sure how that account name could change without my ps4 on.  I thought that list of names was pulled locally not offline as that's before you've signed into anything.

wow!  already more f-ing assistance then Sony support.  OK, so that top field is your name, I think mine was blanked out so it put some default name in there.  It's almost feeling like my account took more of a reset than a hack.  Though still all accounts using that login combination have been changed.

OK, back to pretty sure I was hacked, under activate my PS4 it says "this ps4 is not activated as your primary ps4" and when I try to activate it says you have already activated another system as your primary ps4 with your account, and I sure as hell haven't done that.  So I guess they got my account, changed my activation to another ps4 got to download all the games I've bought, at least the didn't buy anything.

From what I understand is you can't get your primary ps4 setting back for 6 months, not sure what my limitations will be during that time.  Anyone had account issues like this before?

I thought the six month thing was when you needed to deactivate a system without having access to that system but if you have access then you could then make primary a different one.  My memory is fuzzy as this happened middle of the PS3 age and maybe different these days even if I remember correctly. 

If another PS4 has been linked to the account as primary, I would think you could log in on a bowser and see it from account management.  

Yeah, but I'm wondering if someone got ahold of my account and logged it into another ps4 as primary.  then I can't "deactivate" them to reactive my ps4.  Luckily no money in my wallet or cc's numbers on my account, all the could do was download the games I've already purchased.  So in effect I do need to deactivate a system I don't have access too.  Can't see any details online just says there is 1 ps4 active but can't tell me a mac address or ip or anything like that for me to tell if it's mine.  the fact I'm logged into mine right now and it says not my primary ps4 makes me guess it's not.

On top of that sony support won't help with account issues tonight as there is a system update coming up in a couple hours.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if someone got ahold of my account and logged it into another ps4 as primary.  then I can't "deactivate" them to reactive my ps4.  Luckily no money in my wallet or cc's numbers on my account, all the could do was download the games I've already purchased.  So in effect I do need to deactivate a system I don't have access too.  Can't see any details online just says there is 1 ps4 active but can't tell me a mac address or ip or anything like that for me to tell if it's mine.  the fact I'm logged into mine right now and it says not my primary ps4 makes me guess it's not.

On top of that sony support won't help with account issues tonight as there is a system update coming up in a couple hours.
I would say you've been hacked but it seems odd. Maybe contact your ISP too. They might be able to check for and block the other IP address? 

have a brand new (not opened) Borderlands, the handsome collection for PS4 I would like to sell. Will let it go for $22 + shipping costs ($3-$5 bucks I would think but not sure). Bought it on prime day as a gift and he already has it. I could return it, but wanted to pass the good price on to an FBG if there is interest.

it is $36.84 at amazon currently https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SIZJTGU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687462&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00SHXKC8M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=V1ND0HG3BR7XJ908BC9B

Paypal only...send me a PM

Thanks.

Speaking of Nintendo, how does their classic game archive stack up? A lot of good games for decent prices? Or am I better off just buying used systems and cartridges off of ebay and other places? When I tried to look through Nintendo's website, it wasn't very helpful (tons of handheld games or games I'd never heard of.) I've got a friend that collects NES & SNES original games but I don't have the time or the money to buy/play tons of classic games, especially ones I was never interested in to begin with.

But every once in a while I get a hankerin' to play some classic games... Link to the Past was mentioned, definitely one of my top 5 games ever. But I wouldn't mind tracking down a working game cube and playing a less well known but awesome game like Eternal Darkness.

Speaking of Nintendo, how does their classic game archive stack up? A lot of good games for decent prices? Or am I better off just buying used systems and cartridges off of ebay and other places? When I tried to look through Nintendo's website, it wasn't very helpful (tons of handheld games or games I'd never heard of.) I've got a friend that collects NES & SNES original games but I don't have the time or the money to buy/play tons of classic games, especially ones I was never interested in to begin with.

But every once in a while I get a hankerin' to play some classic games... Link to the Past was mentioned, definitely one of my top 5 games ever. But I wouldn't mind tracking down a working game cube and playing a less well known but awesome game like Eternal Darkness.
GameCube games resell for a decent amount. Cheapest you'll find Eternal Darkness is about $40.  

Also, look into a Wii. It plays GameCube games automatically plus it is easily modded ( like any average Joe can do it with Google) to play NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Gameboy etc emulated games. And a Wii resells for much cheaper than a GameCube right now amazingly.

have a brand new (not opened) Borderlands, the handsome collection for PS4 I would like to sell. Will let it go for $22 + shipping costs ($3-$5 bucks I would think but not sure). Bought it on prime day as a gift and he already has it. I could return it, but wanted to pass the good price on to an FBG if there is interest.

it is $36.84 at amazon currently https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SIZJTGU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687462&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00SHXKC8M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=V1ND0HG3BR7XJ908BC9B

Paypal only...send me a PM

Thanks.

Just return it.   It was like $15 on PSN last week.  Anyone that wants it likely has it already.

GameCube games resell for a decent amount. Cheapest you'll find Eternal Darkness is about $40.  

Also, look into a Wii. It plays GameCube games automatically plus it is easily modded ( like any average Joe can do it with Google) to play NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Gameboy etc emulated games. And a Wii resells for much cheaper than a GameCube right now amazingly.
How did I not know this?  No mod required, just drop the gamecube disk in?

So I am about 5 years behind the times, but I officially get the love for Skyrim.  Before I had a ####ty TV that I was trying to play on, and couldn't read dialogue so gave up, thinking it couldn't be better than Fallout anyway.  Well, I stumbled on my 360 version that I had tossed aside and put it back in now that I at least have a better TV and HD, and after 4 days I am addicted.  I will not pretend to have much of a clue what I am doing, but it seems bigger and a bit tougher than Fallout.  I wandered east from Whiterun and a giant hit a HR with me, wandered west and got gorged by a couple Mammoths.  Good times.

So I am about 5 years behind the times, but I officially get the love for Skyrim.  Before I had a ####ty TV that I was trying to play on, and couldn't read dialogue so gave up, thinking it couldn't be better than Fallout anyway.  Well, I stumbled on my 360 version that I had tossed aside and put it back in now that I at least have a better TV and HD, and after 4 days I am addicted.  I will not pretend to have much of a clue what I am doing, but it seems bigger and a bit tougher than Fallout.  I wandered east from Whiterun and a giant hit a HR with me, wandered west and got gorged by a couple Mammoths.  Good times.
Ditto here, only with the PC version. Been playing just about every night since I got a beefed-up gaming PC that lets me install visual mods galore on it. Skyrim really is great and, with the mod community, still holds up even today.

Love the Giant kill animations.  Just so you know they won't attack you unless you enter their camps or attack them, or their mammoths.

Nice, thanks for the info on the Wii and backwards compatability. Thoughts on something like the N64, Sega, etc.? Just mod the Wii and download some emulators? Not huge on illegal copies but I also don't want to have to pay $40 for a copy of Populous or StarFox or something just to relive some nostalgia.

I met that same giant early on as well.  He knocked me clean out of Skyrim and off the Green Monster in Fallout.

Nice, thanks for the info on the Wii and backwards compatability. Thoughts on something like the N64, Sega, etc.? Just mod the Wii and download some emulators? Not huge on illegal copies but I also don't want to have to pay $40 for a copy of Populous or StarFox or something just to relive some nostalgia.
My thought on emulators is, if the game is over 20 years old and not currently being sold then what other choice do you have other than yard sales and expo shows to find the game you had as a kid? And if you do buy it from there (or eBay) it's not like the original designers are getting money for it.

Users who are viewing this thread