What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

To me, once something is "out of print" and not available in the retail market copies are fine. If it is available new from the original sellers/current rights owners then it needs to be purchased. Just my 2 cents.

So I am about 5 years behind the times, but I officially get the love for Skyrim.  Before I had a ####ty TV that I was trying to play on, and couldn't read dialogue so gave up, thinking it couldn't be better than Fallout anyway.  Well, I stumbled on my 360 version that I had tossed aside and put it back in now that I at least have a better TV and HD, and after 4 days I am addicted.  I will not pretend to have much of a clue what I am doing, but it seems bigger and a bit tougher than Fallout.  I wandered east from Whiterun and a giant hit a HR with me, wandered west and got gorged by a couple Mammoths.  Good times.
Those early hours of Skyrim where the environment is still dangerous and you are exploring everything for the first time are some of the best moments in gaming. 

Those early hours of Skyrim where the environment is still dangerous and you are exploring everything for the first time are some of the best moments in gaming. 
Agreed.  I still remember my first encounter with wolves before getting to the first little town.  

For me it's the first emergence from the vault in Fallout 3. You went through the life of your character in the vault (a 20 min or so tutorial) and fight your way to the exit. When you first arrive in the wasteland, both you and the character are dumbfounded at the world that awaits you outside.  That first long walk to Megaton or if you happen stumble into Springvale for some bandits or worse wander down to Greyditch before you should, made you realize the whole world was a big scary, radiated place.

Bought SoM for $10 as well (GOTY edition no less) and Halo Master Chief collection for $20 because, why not?  Right?
Well here's one reason "Why not?": The day after the ultimate game sale ended Microsoft put the Master Chief collection on sale for $9.99.  True story.  #######s!

Well here's one reason "Why not?": The day after the ultimate game sale ended Microsoft put the Master Chief collection on sale for $9.99.  True story.  #######s!
MFers but that is funny. Not as funny as me paying $30 for it in April. But still

That being said I finally jumped in to actual game play on the Xbox One, some may remember that it is my first foray into console gaming, with Halo Combat Evolved (the remaster of the original Halo) and I absolutely loved it. Burned through it in three sittings.  I played on easy just so I could get used to using a console controller. I don't think it will ever be as precise as mouse+keyboard so it's definitely a lot more "spray & pray" than I am used to but I got the hang of it by the end and am sure I will improve with time.

More importantly I was pretty impressed with the Halo story telling in general.  Solid story and production values, which is important to me as a gamer.

Started Halo 2 (normal level) then had to leave town for a week and am seriously jonesing to get back home and play.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase of the Xbox One.

Does anyone know if there is a DVR solution for the Xbox One without having to set up an HTPC as well?

Should probably take that question to the Cutting the Cable thread too.

That being said I finally jumped in to actual game play on the Xbox One, some may remember that it is my first foray into console gaming, with Halo Combat Evolved (the remaster of the original Halo) and I absolutely loved it. Burned through it in three sittings.  I played on easy just so I could get used to using a console controller. I don't think it will ever be as precise as mouse+keyboard so it's definitely a lot more "spray & pray" than I am used to but I got the hang of it by the end and am sure I will improve with time.

More importantly I was pretty impressed with the Halo story telling in general.  Solid story and production values, which is important to me as a gamer.

Started Halo 2 (normal level) then had to leave town for a week and am seriously jonesing to get back home and play.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase of the Xbox One.
Arent they coming out with an upgraded XBox One in August?

Arent they coming out with an upgraded XBox One in August?
Yup and that almost bothered me but 1) I am very far behind on my games because my PC maxed out about a year ago.  I have all these in my Xbox library already: Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Unity & Syndicate, Halo 2, 3 & 4, Shadows of Mordor, Fallout 4, Arkham Knight & Rise of Tomb Raider.  And with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst & Watch Dogs 2, plus a whole host of other games I am interested in (GTAV, The Division, Doom, Destiny, CoD: Black Ops III, Halo 5, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, The Phantom Pain, Hitman, Technomancer etc).  I won't need that upgrade for years if I don't want.  And 2) I am working on cutting the cable with Xbox as my primary tool and will eventually need at least one more for our televisions downstairs. 

But, yes there was a bit of :wall: when I saw the Xbox Scorpio announcement less than 10 days after I got my Xbox One.

There are rumors they are going to start a couple WOW progression servers.  That could be bad news for me.

Great post!

My strong memory is descending in the bathyshere in the beginning of the original Bioshock.   It was my first time gaming in many years (multiple generations of consoles) and to say it was an all encompassing moment would be an understatement.  

Yeah the game is beautiful.  It is still early, but I still do like the story of the post apocalyptic world of Fallout more in my wheelhouse.  Never have been that into dragons and magic and stuff.  But last night I just wandered around for about 5 hours, and I can't remember the last time I actually stopped and admired how a game looked.  I got their version of Northern Lights, just the backdrop of the Mountains with Luna moths and duelling moons, on and on.  Just like in Fallout, I branch out, trigger a bunch of areas just so I know where they are on the map, then go back and dig around deeper.  Just amazing what they did with the weather, towns, creatures, everything.  But, you all knew that already.  Probably should just find the Skyrim thread and poke around in there. 

Had little clue what I was doing, so I went with a Breton archer.  Archer is probably getting my ### kicked more as I figure the game out, but it's fun.  Thankfully I figured out the training loophole with the guy in the first town and leveled up quickly with that.  Also kinda liked poking around with the potions, and realized I could make a bit of money doing that.  I got to quite a few areas in my exploring last night and made it to Solitude, so I spend a decent amount getting a couple better bows.  Mostly beefed up stamina so I can carry more and aim longer, then most of the other perks are in archery and sneaking.  Tonight I will start more with some missions that I triggered walking exploring and talking. 

For me it's the first emergence from the vault in Fallout 3. You went through the life of your character in the vault (a 20 min or so tutorial) and fight your way to the exit. When you first arrive in the wasteland, both you and the character are dumbfounded at the world that awaits you outside.  That first long walk to Megaton or if you happen stumble into Springvale for some bandits or worse wander down to Greyditch before you should, made you realize the whole world was a big scary, radiated place.
Springvale Elementary was the first stop I made out of Vault 101.  That place is pretty scary when you don't have the firepower to fight with the raiders inside.  I also took on Grayditch the first time way sooner than I should've.  I didn't have enough ammo to deal with Those! f'n ants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Springvale Elementary was the first stop I made out of Vault 101.  That place is pretty scary when you don't have the firepower to fight with the raiders inside.  I also took on Grayditch the first time way sooner than I should've.  I didn't have enough ammo to deal with Those! f'n ants.
Add to that stumbling into Super Duper Mart at level 5, somehow surviving and then walking out to see a death claw strolling across the parking lot randomly. Hadnt had that kind of fear in a game in awhile at that point.

Add to that stumbling into Super Duper Mart at level 5, somehow surviving and then walking out to see a death claw strolling across the parking lot randomly. Hadnt had that kind of fear in a game in awhile at that point.
Oh yeah, I did go there too.  All before even finding Megaton.  Eventually, I did go where the compass was trying to get me to go.  No Deathclaw for awhile for me, though.  

Yup and that almost bothered me but 1) I am very far behind on my games because my PC maxed out about a year ago.  I have all these in my Xbox library already: Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Unity & Syndicate, Halo 2, 3 & 4, Shadows of Mordor, Fallout 4, Arkham Knight & Rise of Tomb Raider.  And with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst & Watch Dogs 2, plus a whole host of other games I am interested in (GTAV, The Division, Doom, Destiny, CoD: Black Ops III, Halo 5, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, The Phantom Pain, Hitman, Technomancer etc).  I won't need that upgrade for years if I don't want.  And 2) I am working on cutting the cable with Xbox as my primary tool and will eventually need at least one more for our televisions downstairs. 

But, yes there was a bit of :wall: when I saw the Xbox Scorpio announcement less than 10 days after I got my Xbox One.
You do not have the new Mass Effect in your library. I thought maybe I somehow missed the release and was excitedly searching for it. March 2017. Way to pick me up then slam me down. 

:kicksrock:

Sorry for my poor grammatical construction.  Those are all games that I am excited about their release.
Understandable. Clearly I'm excited about the new Mass Effect too. Unfortunately, the best way to play the ME games is after they've been out for awhile and you get the GoTY edition. I don't think the DLC is ever really worth going back to a game for but it's usually something that I'm happy I have when it's bundled in. 

I don't think it will ever be as precise as mouse+keyboard so it's definitely a lot more "spray & pray" than I am used to but I got the hang of it by the end and am sure I will improve with time.
I agree, but I think it is a good thing. Mouse and keyboard are just so ridiculously accurate that it makes things to easy. At least you have to work at it a little bit now.

Those look pretty sweet.  We have a couple of the rocker styles like the second link (just a lot cheaper), I think I'd go with the pedestal style for comfort if I was going to upgrade to some nice ones.

Quality service there, need them to deactivate but they won't do it.  
OK, finally think I'm back to normal with my PS4.  So yes, someone somehow got ahold of my PSN login/password.  I'm pretty careful with my stuff, but I'm not 100% unique passwords for every account I have, still no idea how they got ahold of it.  I can guarantee I wasn't fished or anything stupid like that.

They first changed the e-mail address on my PSN account, which is the login, so they could basically lock me out, and hide from me what they were doing.  They then used the website to deactivate all PS systems from my account (via the website this can only be done once every 6 months), and then logged onto another PS4, theirs I guess, and logged in with my PSN account and set it to my primary PS4.  That would let him download all my games onto his PS4 or if I had a CC attached to that account, buy whatever he wanted to on my dime.  Luckily I almost never attach CC's to anything besides Amazon.

I quickly saw the e-mail change and knew something was wrong, so after about 6 hours I had control of PSN account again, however, I didn't know about the primary account switch that he did.  I figured out the account switch that evening and the bastards at customer support wouldn't help at all because of an ongoing network update.  I couldn't do anything myself since he used the once per 6 month deactivate on me, and the only other way to deactivate a ps4 account by yourself is on the system, and that used to be the only way.  The next day customer support was a little more helpful.  They still couldn't do anything for me, but they were able to point me to a link to request an admin all accounts deactivate.  From what I gather this feature didn't used to exist, but I'm guessing because of all the complaints with people stuck locked out.  After about a day, they deactivated all ps4 primary accounts for me, and so I think once I go home and reactive my PS4 I should be back to normal.

Not sure what happens to the account on the other PS4.  Since you don't put in your password every time you log on, I'm not sure if he'll still be able to sign on as me and access my games, as I never lost the games on my PS4 when it was no longer my primary account, so no idea what that ##### is going to be able to still use.

Overall a pain in the ###, but could have been a lot worse.

Totally agree with this. I got it on midnight release and had to call into work the next day because I suddenly saw the sun rise out my window and realized I forgot to go to sleep.

I think the Fallout 4 version of all these great memories came later in the game.

In Skyrim it was when I first got to Riverdale.

In Fallout3 it was emerging from Vault 101.

But emerging from Vault 111 in FO4 wasn't all that jarring or shocking. You even meet the same stupid robot you knew 200 years ago.

No, the memory that sticks in Fallout4 is the first time you enter the Glowing Sea. I just found it without a quest one night.  I had all my lights off and the volume turned up on my PC. Holy hell that #### was like walking on a Martian landscape inhabited with every scary badass monster known to man. Awesome, awesome gaming.

Scoresman said:
what's a progression server?
Vanilla to start until someone on the server beats the endgame stuff, then the first expansion unlocks until all that content is beat, then the next expansion, etc..

Has anyone heard of the new app coming out this nfl season by united games?  it's a live in game app...so you are watching monday night football, phone buzzes and you answer questions on what you think will happen in the game (like an armchair qb).  Game is played with virtual coins.  You play in groups (family, office, college buddies, team, etc...), and earn points, the points allow you to rank up and then you can turn those points in for tickets to games, autographs, and other things...

pre-registration is going on now.  if you pre register you will receive in game rewards before the game starts

www.unitedgames.com

access codes:

d8677f

79cc51

6c7043

1cbf34

if they dont work let me know.

Just finished up Bioshock: Infinite (yep, that one). Weird game. Sort of fun shooting stuff and playing with vigors. But just had problems following the story as I bounced from tear to tear. Starting up Dragon Age: Inquisition now. Yea, I tend to buy games them shelve them for a long time because I find something more interesting.

Has anyone heard of the new app coming out this nfl season by united games?  it's a live in game app...so you are watching monday night football, phone buzzes and you answer questions on what you think will happen in the game (like an armchair qb).  Game is played with virtual coins.  You play in groups (family, office, college buddies, team, etc...), and earn points, the points allow you to rank up and then you can turn those points in for tickets to games, autographs, and other things...

pre-registration is going on now.  if you pre register you will receive in game rewards before the game starts

www.unitedgames.com

access codes:

d8677f

79cc51

6c7043

1cbf34

if they dont work let me know.
More codes?

will take a PM

Can anyone tell me what type of games marvel ultimate alliance are? Both are being sold in ps4 and Xbox one for $60 combined starting tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what type of games marvel ultimate alliance are? Both are being sold in ps4 and Xbox one for $60 combined starting tomorrow.
Look up the titles on youtube. They are both HD remakes I believe so you can view the old versions to get a gist of what they are and then picture it prettier.

Kind of like Diablo with superheroes. Maybe a little more story, Pretty kid friendly, iirc, and fun, too, especially couch co-op. If your son likes superheroes, it's a must-buy.

Just finished up Bioshock: Infinite (yep, that one). Weird game. Sort of fun shooting stuff and playing with vigors. But just had problems following the story as I bounced from tear to tear. Starting up Dragon Age: Inquisition now. Yea, I tend to buy games them shelve them for a long time because I find something more interesting.
Plenty of timeline recaps that help explain the story if you need it.   I can see it being a bit confusing with all that was going on at the end.  Plus there was so much going on behind the scenes that gets missed the first time through.  It's one of the games that I think gets better with each play-through.  I enjoyed it more the 2nd and 3rd time than I did the first.  

Plenty of timeline recaps that help explain the story if you need it.   I can see it being a bit confusing with all that was going on at the end.  Plus there was so much going on behind the scenes that gets missed the first time through.  It's one of the games that I think gets better with each play-through.  I enjoyed it more the 2nd and 3rd time than I did the first.  
Yea, read some sites that explained the ending, then went back for round two. Just wasn't enough to keep me going with the second play through. Just didn't grab me. So starting up DA:I. Nice change of pace from what I've been playing lately (Far Cry 3 & 4, GTA:V, BS:I).

Yea, read some sites that explained the ending, then went back for round two. Just wasn't enough to keep me going with the second play through. Just didn't grab me. So starting up DA:I. Nice change of pace from what I've been playing lately (Far Cry 3 & 4, GTA:V, BS:I).
Yeah, give it some time before going back.  I find it hard to finish a game and replay it immediately after.   

Kind of like Diablo with superheroes. Maybe a little more story, Pretty kid friendly, iirc, and fun, too, especially couch co-op. If your son likes superheroes, it's a must-buy.
Played the first one with friends when it originally came out, great 4 person co-op game. Lots of mindless fun, with (at the time) nice level/art design and special effects to the fights. Each character is varied enough in fight style and special moves to make it a blast to switch up who you play as each round instead of sticking with your favorite every time.

"Inside" is a fantastic game for XBONE and PC. Best game I've played since Ori. Similar gameplay to that WWI game Something Something Hearts.

Hard, dark and gruesome.
I really enjoyed Limbo and Ori may be my favorite game from last year then again Valiant Hearts may also be my favorite game from last year.

Looking forward to Inside a lot.

I picked up the platinum trophy for Bloodborne yesterday. 

Very good game (only thing that kept it from being great was the lack of build options, I spent 90+hours with the exact same weapon I started the game with) and only used 3 stats to level for the entire game (skill, endurance and vitality).

I did the whole game solo and some of the bosses were grinds.

Ordered my copy of No Man's Sky. Gaming-wise it's all I'm thinking about now. The leaked videos din't spoil anything for me and only made me want to fire it up more.

My girlfriend and I have been playing that Lego Jurassic game together.  She really likes it.  According to what I heard, the Marvel Lego is the best.  I plan on trying that with her eventually.  What are some other games she might like if she enjoys that?  Games we can play together?  She likes the Mario/Crash Bandicoot type games, as well as racing games. But we can't find many racing games anymore with split screen.  I think she'd also like any kind of co-op game. We have a PS4 and a 360.

My girlfriend and I have been playing that Lego Jurassic game together.  She really likes it.  According to what I heard, the Marvel Lego is the best.  I plan on trying that with her eventually.  What are some other games she might like if she enjoys that?  Games we can play together?  She likes the Mario/Crash Bandicoot type games, as well as racing games. But we can't find many racing games anymore with split screen.  I think she'd also like any kind of co-op game. We have a PS4 and a 360.
Ive played just about every Lego game with my son. Lego Marvel, Lego Batman 3, and Lego Star Wars Force Awakens are also great.

Users who are viewing this thread