What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

My girlfriend and I have been playing that Lego Jurassic game together.  She really likes it.  According to what I heard, the Marvel Lego is the best.  I plan on trying that with her eventually.  What are some other games she might like if she enjoys that?  Games we can play together?  She likes the Mario/Crash Bandicoot type games, as well as racing games. But we can't find many racing games anymore with split screen.  I think she'd also like any kind of co-op game. We have a PS4 and a 360.
Rayman Legends/Origins are excellent platform games on most systems.  I think there's a new Ratchet & Clank for the PS4.  There are several more Lego games if you want to stick with those.  I do agree that the Marvel one is the best I've played so far, but I haven't played a lot of them.

All I got on my mind in terms of gaming in the near future is Final Fantasy XV. It's been a full decade since XII, the last FF I really loved. XIII and its sequels were fun for what they were, but I never got super into them, and I didn't even touch the FF MMOs, but I have high hopes for XV.  :nerd:

Any thoughts on the Game Of Thrones from Telltale, I saw that was $3 on PS3.  I'm a fan of the series but heard that it wasn't their strongest work.  
Agree it wasn't their best work, but it wasn't awful by any means. I'd say its worth $3. I'd give it at least a C+.

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Looking forward to seeing user impressions of No Man's Sky.  I want this to be awesome, but I just haven't been able to get sold yet.
Agree, seems like a super world building engine, without the game.  Tipping I'd get bored somewhere before the 19 quintillionth planet

WHAT?!

Doom is easily my favorite game this year.

To twitchy for me. I don't like it when you can move in every direction- at the same speed, dolphin diving, bunny hopping, or any double jumping, jet pack nonsense. I'm also all but done with FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite my last post trashing FPS's- Does anybody have any opinions on Wolfenstein:The new order?

Is the prequel :The Old Blood just as good or even better? 

They are $15 and $10 until Tuesday. 

Despite my last post trashing FPS's- Does anybody have any opinions on Wolfenstein:The new order?

Both are great. Old Blood is a bit of a different take, but still great. You'll die a lot, but it's fun.

Haven't played Doom but I really enjoyed both The New Order and The Old Blood.  Very solid shooters with pretty good story telling, which is important to me.

I thought the new Doom was pretty cool.  I don't have much interest in replaying it, but it was a nice breath of fresh air (and nostalgia) compared to other SP FPS games, which are mostly horrible.

To twitchy for me. I don't like it when you can move in every direction- at the same speed, dolphin diving, bunny hopping, or any double jumping, jet pack nonsense. I'm also all but done with FPS.
On Doom, not my style either.  I'm more of a "stalk and snipe" type shooter player and this forces you into a run and gun style that I just don't enjoy.  I played for an hour or so and never felt like going back to it. 

Huge day one patch for No Mans Sky. Tons of stuff added and also worked out.

I am really excited for this game. It will be waiting at home for me Tuesday in my mailbox. 

Is it just me or are there a severe lack of top notch games this generation?  I looked through my 360 games last night and it was endless - Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, GTA, Red Dead, Orange Box, Portal 2, good Call of Duty games, and on and on. My most played XB1 games right now are Rocket League and then backwards compatible games or things I already owned on 360 like Black Ops 1, Dark Souls, and GTA5.  

I don't really see anything on he horizon I'm excited about either. 

Is it just me or are there a severe lack of top notch games this generation?  I looked through my 360 games last night and it was endless - Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, GTA, Red Dead, Orange Box, Portal 2, good Call of Duty games, and on and on. My most played XB1 games right now are Rocket League and then backwards compatible games or things I already owned on 360 like Black Ops 1, Dark Souls, and GTA5.  

I think it is difficult to match something like ME and Bioshock but from my perspective there The Witcher III is as good as anything from previous generations consoles, Rise of Tomb Raider is another solid entry as is XCOM 2 and I also am as excited as can be for the new ME game & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.  Dishonored 2, Gears 4, South Park 2 and Dead Island 2 (if it ever gets released), or Dead Rising 4 if that is your zombie franchise of choice are also worth watching.  Not sure about CoD: Infinite Warfare but...space battles and everything I have read about Watch Dogs 2 says they really addressed the shortcomings of the original and it will be the game that the first one should have been!  Not sure about the original stuff but We Happy Few, Scalebound and Recore all appear to have potential.

I don't think it is fair to set the bar as high as two of the greatest franchises of all time, from the perspective of gamers of a certain age, but there does seem to be a lot to be excited about over the next year.

This No Mans Sky sounds interesting, but it seems like it's going to be one of those games that is very fun initially, but will get old very fast.  I've had too many of those games recently.  Count me out.

I think it is difficult to match something like ME and Bioshock but from my perspective there The Witcher III is as good as anything from previous generations consoles, Rise of Tomb Raider is another solid entry as is XCOM 2 and I also am as excited as can be for the new ME game & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.  Dishonored 2, Gears 4, South Park 2 and Dead Island 2 (if it ever gets released), or Dead Rising 4 if that is your zombie franchise of choice are also worth watching.  Not sure about CoD: Infinite Warfare but...space battles and everything I have read about Watch Dogs 2 says they really addressed the shortcomings of the original and it will be the game that the first one should have been!  Not sure about the original stuff but We Happy Few, Scalebound and Recore all appear to have potential.

I don't think it is fair to set the bar as high as two of the greatest franchises of all time, from the perspective of gamers of a certain age, but there does seem to be a lot to be excited about over the next year.
Witcher 3 I enjoyed, but still haven't finished. It's just so f'ing long.  I almost get more enjoyment playing Gwent than the game itself.  I need to play XCom. I got it as GWG and I think that's something I'd enjoy.  

I am pumped for BF1 as well. Maybe I'm growing out of it or just in a lull, but I don't get the "gotta play" rush very often anymore. 

Kanil said:
Yes.  And mostly single player (very rarely you might see another real life player).
So what's the hook?  I can deal with no story but is there leveling up and upgrades etc. , or is it just fly to one planet look at the pretty landscape, fly to another, etc.

So what's the hook?  I can deal with no story but is there leveling up and upgrades etc. , or is it just fly to one planet look at the pretty landscape, fly to another, etc.
It appears you can level 1). your ship; 2). your armor / space suit 3). your "weapon".

Interactions with "law enforcement" and the warnings system might make it fun.

I could very well be wrong, but this has huge bust written all over it for me.  
I kind of lean this way too. If its exploration for the sake of exploration, it probably fizzles. If it is upgrade for the sake of upgrading, it probably fizzles. If it is both of those things with some sort of "Civ building" component to it, they could be on to something.

I kind of lean this way too. If its exploration for the sake of exploration, it probably fizzles. If it is upgrade for the sake of upgrading, it probably fizzles. If it is both of those things with some sort of "Civ building" component to it, they could be on to something.
Yeah it'll be interesting. The way it keeps getting described to me though it makes me feel like it's boring. It'd be like if you dropped me in an unlimited Skyrim world, but there were no missions or NPCs and a moderate chance that you would never see another person. I don't know. 

It's being described as a "chill game" which sounds about right.  But dont be lured in by the huge size of the universe.

The No Mans Sky planets are like tim posts. There are millions of them, they are largely incomprehensible, and the quantity is for show because you'll have had all you can take after just a few dozen.

I'm a little disappointed after watching the gameplay vids of battlefield 1. It's yet another super fast paced FPS. 

I don't know what the answer is but slapping new graphics on a 30 35 year-old interface just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I'm a little disappointed after watching the gameplay vids of battlefield 1. It's yet another super fast paced FPS. 

I don't know what the answer is but slapping new graphics on a 30-year-old interface just doesn't do it for me anymore.
The setting change will be enough for me to want to play it. I like Battlefield games now, just worn out on modern/future shooting. 

Im slowly working my way through Scholar of the first Sin right now. Got to Old Iron King. It's good / not terribly active for summons. I have no qualms about summoning with this my second time through, but it's rare I see anyone. 

I don't know what the answer is but slapping new graphics on a 30 35 year-old interface just doesn't do it for me anymore.
I played the Beta. It was okay. Dumbing down the weaponry made it a little more tactical. The tank battles also seemed a little more tactical.

Yeah it'll be interesting. The way it keeps getting described to me though it makes me feel like it's boring. It'd be like if you dropped me in an unlimited Skyrim world, but there were no missions or NPCs and a moderate chance that you would never see another person. I don't know. 
From what I understand there are multiple storylines that you can follow in the game.  Explorer, Merchant, and Pirate are all storylines I know of but they said there may be more.

I get the "wanna play" rush all the time but it gets consistently overruled by the "ain't got no damn time" reality. :sadbanana:
This is me. I've got two kids under 3 so there's basically a whole generation of games I'm going to miss (except I'll find some time to play the five star RPG releases like Witcher/Fallout). 

That said, I just ordered the latest Starcraft because I had an expiring gift card. Not sure when I'll have time to play or if my laptop will be able to run it anymore. 

I too have been having a hard time finding something new to play.  While I still have Dark Souls 3 in my queue to play, I want to take a break from that because I just finished up Bloodborne.

So I picked up a super cheap copy of Borderlands The Handsome Collection (which contains BL2 and BL the Pre Sequel and all the DLC's).

I loved playing BL and BL2 back on the PS3 but I never played any of the BL2 DLC's nor played BL: The Pre Sequel at all, so I should have plenty to do for a while.

I too have been having a hard time finding something new to play.  While I still have Dark Souls 3 in my queue to play, I want to take a break from that because I just finished up Bloodborne.

So I picked up a super cheap copy of Borderlands The Handsome Collection (which contains BL2 and BL the Pre Sequel and all the DLC's).

I loved playing BL and BL2 back on the PS3 but I never played any of the BL2 DLC's nor played BL: The Pre Sequel at all, so I should have plenty to do for a while.
Been having a few real rough weeks at work, so I loaded back up BL2 a week ago to just get some blow lots of #### up fun to relax when I get home.  I absolutely love that game for mindless fun.  Some of the DLC's were great.  Waiting for pre-sequel to get cheap and then I'll pick that up.

Gears 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda are keeping me going 

I think a lot of that feeling has to do with the fact that really the technology jump in games just wasn't as huge going to this generation.  Really, games play the same, run similarly between PS3/4, just better graphics, which are nice, but not the striking difference that you had between PS2/3 or PS1/2, or even back to Nintendo/Super Nintendo.

Been having a few real rough weeks at work, so I loaded back up BL2 a week ago to just get some blow lots of #### up fun to relax when I get home.  I absolutely love that game for mindless fun.  Some of the DLC's were great.  Waiting for pre-sequel to get cheap and then I'll pick that up.
Nice.

I picked up the Handsome Collection for only $14 last night on Ebay.  Are you still on ps3,?  If not I think The Handsome Collection is the only way to get the Prequel on the new generation systems.

Users who are viewing this thread