What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

Has anybody seen or heard much about the new RE?  I'll echo some of the other posts that RE 4 is one of my favorite all time games, but I haven't gotten into any of them since then. 

Also, is RE4 worth picking up on PS4?  Is there anything new with the current gen formats?

Has anybody seen or heard much about the new RE?  I'll echo some of the other posts that RE 4 is one of my favorite all time games, but I haven't gotten into any of them since then. 

Also, is RE4 worth picking up on PS4?  Is there anything new with the current gen formats?
It's just a nicer looking version.  Worth owning IMO.  Have it on steam so that's forever.

As for the new one, don't know much.  Gonna see what real user reviews look like and put it on my list for summer sale if they are positive.  No reason to pay full price when it's gonna drop alot in a few months.

bananafish said:
Anyone excited about Resident Evil 7 that comes out tomorrow? I have no experience with the franchise but I am intrigued enough to try something new.
I loved 4, 5 was Bad and haven't played 6.

I skimmed a couple reviews and they said the same thing about RE7 - minor flaws but it gets back to trying to scare the hell out of you. 

I loved 4, 5 was Bad and haven't played 6.
4 was great, 5 I liked and would rank as just average. There were some good scares and stuff in there and some fun levels, but it was really brought down by the wrong atmosphere (too bright and sunny in most of the levels.) Also I hated that they went back to that buddy system from Zero and really overused the quicktime events that thankfully most games seemed to have dropped now (one of my only minor gripes about 4 was the quicktime stuff.)

6 I preordered since I was a RE fan, but will never make that mistake again. It was a major disappointment and a waste of money, I never even finished it while all the other RE's I replayed multiple times.

You have it preordered and played last night?
My buddy did. At midnight. I watched him stream it and dear god, it's the most intense RE game I've ever seen. Take the demo and turn it up another 10 notches. And that was only the first 20 mins or so.

Last of us was amazing. From a story telling point of view, it's better than everything on that list. 
The voice acting was great, but I also loved the game play controls. It's got the smoothest action mechanics for a shooter that I can remember. I played on PS3

Insein said:
My buddy did. At midnight. I watched him stream it and dear god, it's the most intense RE game I've ever seen. Take the demo and turn it up another 10 notches. And that was only the first 20 mins or so.
:thumbup:

Putting the kid down for a nap and firing this up now. 

I'm interested for sure, but I generally don't care for scary games.  The last one I really enjoyed was Dead Space.  When I play games I want to sink into the couch, not be on edge. 
This game will have you on edge. I wasn't even playing and I was nervous as hell.  My friend is a hardcore survival horror gamer and even he said he was ####ting his pants at times.

Mods necessary/worth it? Or just play it as is? 
I have no mods, and I'm loving the heck out of Fallout 4.  I've logged about 40 hours of game time, and I haven't scratched the surface of it.  Really like how the game offers a lot of play options for the user.  Want to rebuild society after Armageddon and defend your settlements from attack? Want to do quests and advance a story line?  Want to go find some monsters and blow em up real good?  Want to multi-task and do it all?  It's all available.

If you're a mod guy, they have all kinds of stuff to add to the experience.

I may have to pickup RE4 on the cheap it sounds like. I played the first one way back when (I think it had two discs if I remember right)

My gaming OCD prevents me from playing games like RE where ammo is so scarce.  I end up analyzing each encounter realizing I could've saved a couple bullets or not used a health pack or whatever and it ruins the fun.  

I may have to pickup RE4 on the cheap it sounds like. I played the first one way back when (I think it had two discs if I remember right)
I think you are thinking of re 2.  Pls play 4.  You won't regret it. It stands up amazingly well.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This game will have you on edge. I wasn't even playing and I was nervous as hell.  My friend is a hardcore survival horror gamer and even he said he was ####ting his pants at times.
Have you ever played "Outlast"?

It was free recently and it's scary as F. I actually can't play those games. 

Have you ever played "Outlast"?

It was free recently and it's scary as F. I actually can't play those games. 
Yes, I love those types of horror adventure games and Outlast was great.  There's few experiences like playing a game like that with headphones in the dark.  

Looking forward to the sequel this year.  

Alien: Isolation is excellent too.  You're basically put on a big ship by yourself with no real weapons and an Alien running around.   Tense as hell.  

Played RE7 for about 45mins while the kiddo napped this afternoon, and if it keeps up this vibe I can tell I am going to be scared playing this.  It's first person which is different, and about 10mins into the game I enter a small scary ### house and it goes to that Silent Hill/Dead Space mode where you just have a flashlight as you explore and pan around the room.  Pretty slow going to start, and not much has happened, but I will play a bunch tonight in the dark and report back. 

Whatever Re had the beasts jump through the hall window was my last one
Doesn't narrow it down at all, hehehe.

Great scene in the RE1 remake was you walking down a hallway where the forced perspective would only show you the shadow of two zombies tapping on the windows. You went to a room at the end and did a bunch of stuff and then when you came back down the same hallway the zombies busted through the glass. They also had doors in hallways that would rumble and shake as you walked by with zombies behind them and they built in a random percentage chance the zombies would break through and attack you.

Sounds pretty basic these days, but that was revolutionary at the time.

Great scene in the RE1 remake was you walking down a hallway where the forced perspective would only show you the shadow of two zombies tapping on the windows. You went to a room at the end and did a bunch of stuff and then when you came back down the same hallway the zombies busted through the glass. They also had doors in hallways that would rumble and shake as you walked by with zombies behind them and they built in a random percentage chance the zombies would break through and attack you.

Lol.  Dark basement, just got my surround sound and sub woofer all hooked up.

Scared poopless.  Finished the game never played again.  Not a scary game guy :bag:

Yep, I played this on my roommate's PC back in the day and I literally jumped away from the desk. Stupid hallway.

Onto Skellige in W3.  I'm still going strong at this point / going to try and do a majority of the side quests this time.  Last time through I blitzed the entire story part in 2 hours or so, so going to try and take my time.  I'm playing on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty, but its super easy right now.  I'm a bit over-leveled I think.  I haven't done a single witcher contract yet, I think I'll just do the story and main side quests, then go back and do the contracts.

Also ran into a cyclops on my way to a town this time.  That was a first.

They fricken need too. Or just come out with SS3 finally. May never happen though. I think the studio is dead.
I got System Shock for like a buck on a steam sale awhile ago. Never fired it up. Heard good things but the graphics seem soooooo dated.

I got System Shock for like a buck on a steam sale awhile ago. Never fired it up. Heard good things but the graphics seem soooooo dated.
System shock one is almost unplayable at this point. Ss2 though has turn of the century polygon graphics. The game is amazing though. It's the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock

System shock one is almost unplayable at this point. Ss2 though has turn of the century polygon graphics. The game is amazing though. It's the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock
Yeah I have heard that. Probably from you which is why I got it. Turns out I have SS1: Enhanced Edition and SS2. Maybe I'll give it a go when I finish Thief.

Speaking of Thief. Decent game and all but have the developers seriously never heard of a freaking fast travel system? It's seriously ridiculous.

Lmfao at a grown adult admitting they are too scared to play a video game. I am too btw lol. 
Lmao.....On a semi serious note. I was scarred as a kid watching a horror movie and never recovered.   To this day I hate horror movies.   Only a few games creep me out but RE is one of them lol

Played a little more RE7 last night and my expectations have fallen a little.  Still creepy as hell, but last night for about 1 hour I was just wandering around the same area running from the same thing.  After about an hour, I just got a little tired of that and switched back to Skyrim.  I am sure it gets better b/c right now I am in more of a guest house, and I walked past the huge house at the start of the game.  Also, as great as the rest of the game looks, I am also not a huge fan of the border of blood around the screen as you take damage.  Makes it look a tad cheesy.  Will play more tonight and see if I can get somewhere else. 

Still liking it so far, but was loving it after the first hour.  As of now I am glad I rented instead of buying. 

What I like so far in RE7 is the flashback mechanic. You can watch VHS tapes to see what happened in the past. Then you can play as the character from that last video and actually affect the outcome based on what you do in that sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread