Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Ninja's wild man.  I've watched him for a long time, dating back to when he played Halo almost exclusively around 2010 or so.  I swear it was only a few years ago he was pulling as little as 2-300 viewers streaming Halo.  But I'm glad to see him doing well, he really was born for this.  He's kind of the physical embodiment of the supremely talented videogame player living in an internet bubble future. 

20 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Suddoth 2... Pokedex does not lie

Suddoth 2 + Aussie + cookie Monster

Ninja pon pon

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, Brady Marino said:

"#####, don't call me while I'm playing the Gears of Warrrr!"

I wonder how Herbal Enforcer is doing nowadays.

Herbal is doing well. He has changed his name on Xbox but Unialias and Myself talked to him about a month ago and it sounded like life is well and in a much better place. He is still baller on the sticks and good at the fortnites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worm said:

Still addicted to Rocket League when I have gaming time. :bag:

I’ve been playing some when I don’t have complete free time and know roughly how long a game is going to take unlike baseball. 

2 hours ago, madshot31 said:

Herbal is doing well. He has changed his name on Xbox but Unialias and Myself talked to him about a month ago and it sounded like life is well and in a much better place. He is still baller on the sticks and good at the fortnites.

Sparta, Tennessee's finest. :thumbup:

Edited by Brady Marino

13 hours ago, Insein said:

Yea and I haven't played it since I beat it. Was just too bummed about it not being supported anymore. 

Yeah that part is a real shame.  Much better game than it gets credit for.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 0:13 PM, Chaka said:

@IvanKaramazov so what was your final verdict on Andromeda?  Last update I read was you were not happy with the ability, or lack thereof, to command squad mates.  I was able to access that feature on PC but @Insein said he never figured it out for Xbox.

I bailed on it shortly after posting.  I just did not enjoy the combat at all.

From the Forbes Sea of Thieves Review......

PvP is a poorly thought-through griefing nightmare. Other players almost always attack on sight, derailing your quests or just being flat out annoying. My last three quests in a row, I went to turn in a chest and came back to find that someone had stolen my empty ship for literally no reason other than to be irritating. The last time, someone called me a "c***" on their mic as I tried to swim after my departing ship, and then shot me in the head.

:lmao::lmao:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

From the Forbes Sea of Thieves Review......

:lmao::lmao:

I love sea of thieves but this is where the game will revolve into. The hardcore dbs will ruin it for everyone so play it while it’s hot and has lots of people. I find it and games like gta online have made poor choices by not have a pve mode exactly like their pvp. I find it hilarious that they thought their initial internal testing showed not much griefing and boat battle would be won and people would go on their way.  In reality the internet is a bad place and the boat battles they already had to change respawn mechanics because people would fight forever for their loot. Who would of thought. Some devs are out of touch sadly. But great game!

5 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Ninja's wild man.  I've watched him for a long time, dating back to when he played Halo almost exclusively around 2010 or so.  I swear it was only a few years ago he was pulling as little as 2-300 viewers streaming Halo.  But I'm glad to see him doing well, he really was born for this.  He's kind of the physical embodiment of the supremely talented videogame player living in an internet bubble future. 

Suddoth 2... Pokedex does not lie

Suddoth 2 + Aussie + cookie Monster

Ninja pon pon

Its amazing the amount of money he is pulling in right now.... I've heard it was somewhere between 500,000 and 700,000 per MONTH!

36 minutes ago, jrt103 said:

Its amazing the amount of money he is pulling in right now.... I've heard it was somewhere between 500,000 and 700,000 per MONTH!

116k viewers right now

I don't get it. I could see throwing a couple of bucks at a streamer if you really enjoy their content but what inspires someone else to even donate like 50 dollars? 

10 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

I don't get it. I could see throwing a couple of bucks at a streamer if you really enjoy their content but what inspires someone else to even donate like 50 dollars? 

As a side note, most streamers say they prefer a viewer to buy a subscription over a direct donation.

$50 is way above the median for a donation from my observations.  There are a couple of whales who donate a $10000 or more at a time but that is mostly just to show off.   Most donations are in the $5 or less range.

Edited by NewlyRetired

17 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

We have a fairly successful podcast and YouTube channel (not videogames) where most of the $5,000+ we make per month is through our Patreon...so I get it. But $6,000 is kinda insane. It's about enjoying the content that the creator is making, regardless if streaming video games or something else.

Edited by fasteddie_21
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, madshot31 said:

I can actually see this as one of the first games to make new online friends with in a long time with their match making and game chat use. Most games now everyone party chats up right away. The game is great fun with a 2-4 people. Solo could get iffy but I would just matchmake. Defineately give it a try with game pass like I have, it’s worth it and you get lots of other games to play as well.

Played last night with a great group of guys. Really made the game a lot of fun. I informed them right away that I get drunk and play music and they were fine with that. We sunk another ship, stole goods off of one at port and then released their boat watched its sail away. The game is far from complete IMO though. Needs a TON more content and has a lot of work a head, but if the Pirate Life is for you, give it a try. 

3 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

what?

MLB the SHow 18

You can't preorder disk versions of the show or digital copies on amazon.

Usually if you pre-order discs on Amazon you get 20% off.

1 minute ago, belljr said:

MLB the SHow 18

You can't preorder disk versions of the show or digital copies on amazon.

Usually if you pre-order discs on Amazon you get 20% off.

Yep.  And now Reddit is full of people that wanted special editions and won't get them because GameStop sucks.  (The All Rise edition has to be disc because it has some Yankees swag.)

On 3/19/2018 at 5:13 PM, LAUNCH said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/tyler-ninja-blevins-explains-how-he-makes-more-than-500000-a-month-playing-video-game-fortnite.html?__source=twitter|main

Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins explains how he makes more than $500,000 a month playing video game ‘Fortnite'

Dumb move telling people how much he's raking it. I bet a lot of people are going to stop subbing or donating. It's not like you can't watch for free.

14 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Dumb move telling people how much he's raking it. I bet a lot of people are going to stop subbing or donating. It's not like you can't watch for free.

@LAUNCH linked an article that is spin of an update of a different article and also referenced video or stream that this guy did in response to the original article. I don’t if he ever flat out says how much he’s makes. Especially because $500,000 is too low! I don’t know anything about twitch or this kind of stuff but here is a blurb from the Forbes update article.

“After connecting with Ninja in the wake of the livestreamed reading, I got a chance to speak with him about the unprecedented success he’s had on Twitch, and the game that got him there, Fortnite. While this will increase by the time you read this, Ninja currently has 160,000 Twitch subscribers, 3 million Twitch followers and a 70,000 viewer average, but he’s starting to top 100K at times. While the full scope income remains under wraps, I’ve managed to confirm that my initial estimate of his subscription revenue was low, and in reality, 160,000 subscribers at a higher $3.50 rate per sub means he’s pulling in $560,000 a month from that revenue stream alone. Not counting Twitch bits. Not counting donations. Not counting 4 million YouTube subscribers.”

I think someone also said that he read ads or sponsorships or something? I’m not sure how long this type of celebrity lasts but if he has 2 good months he should be able to buy a nice house, car and a long term investment nest egg. Then if he loses all but 5% of his twitch subscribers he would have to limp by on $28,000 (560,000 x 0.05) per month. 

2 hours ago, Borden said:

@LAUNCH

“After connecting with Ninja in the wake of the livestreamed reading, I got a chance to speak with him about the unprecedented success he’s had on Twitch, and the game that got him there, Fortnite. While this will increase by the time you read this, Ninja currently has 160,000 Twitch subscribers, 3 million Twitch followers and a 70,000 viewer average, but he’s starting to top 100K at times. While the full scope income remains under wraps, I’ve managed to confirm that my initial estimate of his subscription revenue was low, and in reality, 160,000 subscribers at a higher $3.50 rate per sub means he’s pulling in $560,000 a month from that revenue stream alone. Not counting Twitch bits. Not counting donations. Not counting 4 million YouTube subscribers.”

I didn't think they got 100% of the sub revenue. But I don't actually know.

They guy is definitely doing all right either way.

1 hour ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

I didn't think they got 100% of the sub revenue. But I don't actually know.

They guy is definitely doing all right either way.

Subscriptions are $4.99 a month. He is getting $3.50 higher than most (usually $2.50 for a 50/50 split). Again, this is just from me reading about it so I don’t actually know. 

Just now, Borden said:

Subscriptions are $4.99 a month. He is getting $3.50 higher than most (usually $2.50 for a 50/50 split). Again, this is just from me reading about it so I don’t actually know. 

I guess I should have waded through the article before posting opinions, but what fun is that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

I guess I should have waded through the article before posting opinions, but what fun is that?

Hahahahaha. You messed up though here. You’re supposed to start arguing more aggressively then start to attack my credibility. Your internet “discussion” skills are weak bro. 

• Like 1

Cyberpunk 2077 (a game from the people who made Witcher) is going to be a single player based RPG with character classes. It will be another massive game with no micro transactions. Seems like no multiplayer aspect but they didn’t rule it out either for future expansions. I’m guessing something like GTA Online coming out/adding on to GTA 5. Still no news on a time table. Link to article.

• Like 4

Do any of you guys play Gran Turismo for PS4?  Have they added a good amount to the offline portion of the game or is it still extremely limited?  I used to love that game for the older versions, but I have no real interest in playing online. 

1 hour ago, Borden said:

Cyberpunk 2077 (a game from the people who made Witcher) is going to be a single player based RPG with character classes. It will be another massive game with no micro transactions. Seems like no multiplayer aspect but they didn’t rule it out either for future expansions. I’m guessing something like GTA Online coming out/adding on to GTA 5. Still no news on a time table. Link to article.

Far and away my most anticipated game at this point. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, thecatch said:

Far and away my most anticipated game at this point. 

Me too. To bad it’s already been a long wait and they are still a long ways out. 

The final boss in Blood in Wine is a fun and major PITA, had to step away because stage two of that fight is just killing me. Starting to figure him out though, just needed a pause.

Speaking of fun PITA games; I co-op with three friends on weekends when we can and we recently started Warhammer End Times Vermintide. Wow that game will punish you for stupidity...actually it just punishes you. But it really forces you to co-op, because when you go solo you're done and your team is probably done too. Really frustrating that when the team dies you have to restart the level, no save points. Fun game though, perfectly mindless slashing.

16 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

I can't believe how that game has blown up. Isn't it pretty much the same as PUBG?

It is, but it runs much, much, much better. 60 FPS on consoles and Pubg runs like ###. That’s basically the rub - if Pubg wasn’t a coding mess, it would probably still have the throne, but Fortnite does it substantially better.  It’s just fun, it’s free, it’s optimized, and they continue to update with new gear. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 1

Has anyone bought Fortnite to play the other mode?  If so, how is it?

On 3/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, bigmarc27 said:

Still playing Fortnite. I just love it - got win #50 today. 

I had a dream I won a match on Fortnite.

Still with zero wins. :kicksrock: 

After waiting ~7 hours for COD III Black Ops to update and install, my wife and I finally took it for a test drive on couch co-op. Not great.
The split screen is hard to see. We have a 50" LED and the game displayed on a 4:3 ratio. I hope there's a way to make use of the entire width of my TV cuz detail on the splitscreen is hard enough to see as it is.

9 minutes ago, belljr said:

never played Far Cry but the new one intrigues me

My wife's getting it.  I'll post a review here once she plays it a bit (I'll probably play it a bit too but not complete it).

10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

My wife's getting it.  I'll post a review here once she plays it a bit (I'll probably play it a bit too but not complete it).

The ads make it look like a redneck GTA. And I'm OK with that.

• Like 1

This isn't video game specific but seems the crowd to ask.  Anyone know of a good deal on a TV in the 40 inch range with 120 hertz speed?  It seems anything I find with that one capability are top of the line everything else and add several hundred to the price.  I just want a decent TV that won't lag on me when I play.  I have a great Sony that still works perfectly, but since moving it into the TV room I see it has lag issues when hooked up to an Xbox.

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

This isn't video game specific but seems the crowd to ask.  Anyone know of a good deal on a TV in the 40 inch range with 120 hertz speed?  It seems anything I find with that one capability are top of the line everything else and add several hundred to the price.  I just want a decent TV that won't lag on me when I play.  I have a great Sony that still works perfectly, but since moving it into the TV room I see it has lag issues when hooked up to an Xbox.

Does the Sony have a game mode?

14 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Does the Sony have a game mode?

Thanks for the adivce, but I've already gone through all the settings trying to find on that works.  This particular one is several years old.  it's new enough to be a smart TV, but doesn't seem to have a game mode.  I've played with all the possible settings and video options, but haven't been able to find one that reduces the lag.  Other's have just told me some Sony's have this issue.  :shrug: 

46 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Thanks for the adivce, but I've already gone through all the settings trying to find on that works.  This particular one is several years old.  it's new enough to be a smart TV, but doesn't seem to have a game mode.  I've played with all the possible settings and video options, but haven't been able to find one that reduces the lag.  Other's have just told me some Sony's have this issue:shrug: 

:angry:

I have heard this.  No advice on which TV, but my Samsung works just fine w/ my PS4.  Any lag I notice is between my eyes/brain/hands, not my PS4 and the TV.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I have heard this.  No advice on which TV, but my Samsung works just fine w/ my PS4.  Any lag I notice is between my eyes/brain/hands, not my PS4 and the TV.  

I have this lag as well which means I have no room to deal with actual electronic lag. :kicksrock: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

I had a dream I won a match on Fortnite.

Still with zero wins. :kicksrock: 

Between my kids and I we have almost 500 matches played on solo, not one win LOL

Squads and dous are in the teens at least, someday I'll get that solo.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

wait till you get to my age :)