What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

So far, really enjoying TGC2 - thanks for the reco, guys.  Jumped right into it by playing Augusta with the Sunday pin placements for my first round and shot a 97.  I was actually happy that it was hard and I started to get the putting and chipping (the hardest part by far, IMO) dialed in a bit more toward the end of the round.  Then, I played St. Andrews and fired a 79.  Third round, I hopped over to Sawgrass, but it looked like for whatever reason, they had me playing from the red tees, the holes were REALLY short.  Botched one hole completely where I dumped it in the drink twice and posted a 9, but played the other 17 holes in -2 to finish with a 75.

Is there a way in the game to increase your distance, and does that require playing tournaments or earning points somehow?  That's the only part that annoyed me playing the Championship tracks - you can only really drive the ball about 250-260 yards and can't carry some hazards that the pros would fly right over.  Or is that the hook, that you're not supposed to be able to drive it 340 yards in this game?

So far, really enjoying TGC2 - thanks for the reco, guys.  Jumped right into it by playing Augusta with the Sunday pin placements for my first round and shot a 97.  I was actually happy that it was hard and I started to get the putting and chipping (the hardest part by far, IMO) dialed in a bit more toward the end of the round.  Then, I played St. Andrews and fired a 79.  Third round, I hopped over to Sawgrass, but it looked like for whatever reason, they had me playing from the red tees, the holes were REALLY short.  Botched one hole completely where I dumped it in the drink twice and posted a 9, but played the other 17 holes in -2 to finish with a 75.

Is there a way in the game to increase your distance, and does that require playing tournaments or earning points somehow?  That's the only part that annoyed me playing the Championship tracks - you can only really drive the ball about 250-260 yards and can't carry some hazards that the pros would fly right over.  Or is that the hook, that you're not supposed to be able to drive it 340 yards in this game?
What clubs did you select?

Whatever the default is. I just fired it up, blitzed through the tutorials and started playing rounds.
Not sure what deualft is.   But change your club type - the club types add distance but are harder to control.  You get more spin and stuff with them also

As far as courses - you need to make sure the course you play has different tee selections and then you can choose which one to play when you start

Tour clubs (the most difficult) has a driver carry distance of around 280 if I remember correctly. In certain conditions you can definitely still hit 300+ yard drives but you won't be bombing it 350+ regularly or anything. 

Also to note - The next installment of The Golf Club releases this coming fall.

belljr said:
Not sure what deualft is.   But change your club type - the club types add distance but are harder to control.  You get more spin and stuff with them also

As far as courses - you need to make sure the course you play has different tee selections and then you can choose which one to play when you start
I think default is "player."  I need to switch to "tour"?

I don't think any of these courses has given me an option of which tees to play from yet.  Just away we go....  I'm just barely into it though, so I don't know WTF I'm doing yet.  I haven't even taken the time to make my player look as ridiculous as humanly possible yet.

John Kreese said:
Tour clubs (the most difficult) has a driver carry distance of around 280 if I remember correctly. In certain conditions you can definitely still hit 300+ yard drives but you won't be bombing it 350+ regularly or anything. 

Also to note - The next installment of The Golf Club releases this coming fall.
Thank you, sensei.

And Star Wars Republic Commando? That's a super fun, split screen multiplayer!
Can't get to the link at work, but will need to check out the list at home.

My son recently found a copy of an old Star Wars game (Jedi Knight?  Can't think of the name off the top of my head).  He spent more time installing it than playing it.  I asked why he dropped it so quick and he just said "it plays like a 360 game."  Kids these days.

Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:

Blinx: The Time Sweeper

Breakdown

Conker: Live & Reloaded

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Hunter: The Reckoning

Jade Empire

Panzer Dragoon Orta

SSX 3

Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:

Destroy All Humans!

Full Spectrum Warrior

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

MX Unleashed

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Battlefront II

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars Jedi Starfighter

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Star Wars Republic Commando

Thanks AD.

I still have my copy of Morrowind.  I never got far, but my kids were in diapers when that came out so I didn't really have the time to get into it.  It may be good to try it again to see if I'd like the new games of that genre.

Still waiting like crazy for Operation: Desert Storm to become capatible.  I know it wasn't a great game, but it had the best team based mult player balance I've ever played.  It was a blast playing that game split screen with a few buddies, each playing their role (medic, demolitions, sniper, assault).

Honestly, I'm looking forward to next Friday when the new God of War drops (4/20....do you have to be high to get the full experience?).

After that, they've FINALLY released the date for the Spider-Man PS4 game (9/7), so I'm pretty stoked about that one too.

I have a question for @Mad Cow or anyone else with experience.  I was just prescribed progressive lens glasses as I need a different prescription for distance and one for up close. I game at a PC with the monitor roughly 2.5 feet away.    It seems like it would be difficult to game while wearing progressives.  Would I be better off getting a dedicated computer pair of glasses ($$$$) or are the progressives ok?  

I have a question for @Mad Cow or anyone else with experience.  I was just prescribed progressive lens glasses as I need a different prescription for distance and one for up close. I game at a PC with the monitor roughly 2.5 feet away.    It seems like it would be difficult to game while wearing progressives.  Would I be better off getting a dedicated computer pair of glasses ($$$$) or are the progressives ok?  
Hey man.  Happy to help.  Couple of questions.  What is your Rx and how old are you?  It will help with my answer and recommendation.

Thanks!

R: Sph -1.25 CYL -.50 Axis 100 Add: 1.50

L: Sph -1.00 CYL -.50 Axis 60 Add 1.50

And I'm 47. oof.  
Your Rx is perfect for using the computer and gaming with your glasses OFF.  Yes, progressives are great, though I could go on and on about make sure you get a really good one.  They have been around for over 30 years, and yet some places still sell those 30 year old designs.  Newer ones are so much nicer and amazing, but people get sold those antiques all of the time.  Let me know if you need any guidance there. 

So I would just get a great progressive and then not wear them for computer.  Easy enough.

Your Rx is perfect for using the computer and gaming with your glasses OFF.  Yes, progressives are great, though I could go on and on about make sure you get a really good one.  They have been around for over 30 years, and yet some places still sell those 30 year old designs.  Newer ones are so much nicer and amazing, but people get sold those antiques all of the time.  Let me know if you need any guidance there. 

So I would just get a great progressive and then not wear them for computer.  Easy enough.
Interesting.  With my old pair that was just distance the screen always felt clearer with the glasses on.  Will give it a shot.  Maybe my PUBG kill rate will go up.  

Thanks Eye Doc!

Interesting.  With my old pair that was just distance the screen always felt clearer with the glasses on.  Will give it a shot.  Maybe my PUBG kill rate will go up.  

Thanks Eye Doc!
Yep.  Look at it this way.  With you current Rx without any glasses, your optimal focal point is at between .7 and .8 meters, which is really close to where you are already at.  I would struggle recommending you use a separate pair for that at your age.  Maybe in a few years.  That said, if it feels better with them on still, then have at it man! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend, I got engrossed in the Masters and decided I wanted a golf game for the PS4 Pro.  Apparently, your only two choices are Rory McIlroy Golf (2015) from EA and a game called The Golf Club 2, which has no licenses for real courses or players and apparently has a very steep learning curve.  I decided to get Rory since even though the initial reviews were crap, that was more due to a paucity of playable content.  Apparently,  since the game was released 3 years ago, it's been supplemented with DLC that made it a lot better.  I chose that.

No way to buy it digitally.  Not on Amazon, not on the PS store, nowhere.  Only physical copies available.  Not one store (Walmart, Target, GameStop, Best Buy) anywhere within 25 miles of me that had a physical copy to purchase.  Literally the ONLY way I could find to get it was to order it for $33 on CD-ROM from Amazon and wait until today to receive it.  Pass.

Nice work, EA/PS.
That's one thing I love about my Xbox.  I have Rory McIlroy Golf included with my EA Access membership (only $30/year).  Surprised it's not available digitally on PS4.  That sucks.

Golf Clash on IOS.  It can get pretty difficult once you start playing the high dollar courses.  I am addicted.

Like 4 years late to the party but just started dragan age inquisition. Burned 3 hours without even realizing it and still don’t have a clue but it seems like a fun game. 

Hated the endings in Far Cry 5. All of them
Interesting, Far Cry endings (at least 3 and 4 that I've played) have been a little strange.  Without giving anything away was your dislike due to something along those lines or something completely different.  (if you played the others of course).

Interesting, Far Cry endings (at least 3 and 4 that I've played) have been a little strange.  Without giving anything away was your dislike due to something along those lines or something completely different.  (if you played the others of course).
I don't want to give anything away but far worse than Far Cry 4

I realize I'm about 3 years late to the party, but I finally ordered the GotY edition of Witcher 3.  

don't know a thing about it other than people say it's good.  
I didn't either. it was on sale or something and I got a few months ago. didn't understand all of the backstory stuff, but game is/was addicting. good graphics and varies up a bit. never would have guessed it but the card game was bit of fun too

I realize I'm about 3 years late to the party, but I finally ordered the GotY edition of Witcher 3.  

don't know a thing about it other than people say it's good.  
I only just completed my first play through. It's an amazing game.

A little advice for early game; play Gwent. You won't understand it at first and may think it's just a silly micro game within the game but trust me you're going to learn to love it. A lot of people in here say it's their favorite part of the game, which is truly an impressive statement considering how amazing TW3 is overall. You will regret it if you don't take advantage of all the Gwent matches.  Some of the matches are time-limited in that if you advance too far in the main story you won't be able to go back and play them, you will regret it if this happens so stick with it and keep playing until you win.

FWIW I prefer the Northern Realms deck (spies, spies and more spies) but YMMV.

It was ok. Got really really repetitive. Shelved it after 20 hours. It was too rinse and repeat and not in a good way. 
Agree, REALLY wanted to love that game as I've always been a huge Mad Max fan, but could never get there.  It had a good Mad Max feel and I thought the story played out pretty well.  The car build and upgrade stuff was pretty good, but somewhere in the middle it just got a bit repetitive, great, I have to drive across the map again to do this.  Still think it was worth a play, and I'd like to see if they can try it again, and tweak it into a better game for one or two.

I only just completed my first play through. It's an amazing game.

A little advice for early game; play Gwent. You won't understand it at first and may think it's just a silly micro game within the game but trust me you're going to learn to love it. A lot of people in here say it's their favorite part of the game, which is truly an impressive statement considering how amazing TW3 is overall. You will regret it if you don't take advantage of all the Gwent matches.  Some of the matches are time-limited in that if you advance too far in the main story you won't be able to go back and play them, you will regret it if this happens so stick with it and keep playing until you win.

FWIW I prefer the Northern Realms deck (spies, spies and more spies) but YMMV.
I think I played two hands of Gwent. I don't feel like I missed anything TBH.

Wait, what?
I went through, maybe 1/4-1/3 of my play through before giving Gwent a fair shake. To that point I had played only two hands and after playing a few hands in earnest it became a major part of the rest of my play through.  It's a very cool game.

I went through, maybe 1/4-1/3 of my play through before giving Gwent a fair shake. To that point I had played only two hands and after playing a few hands in earnest it became a major part of the rest of my play through.  It's a very cool game.
Once I got the hang of it.....I was hooked. Building my decks is a huge part of the fun too. I am only 1/3 of the way through the game....slow playing it obviously. But wow...Gwent is an obsession for me in it.

Like 4 years late to the party but just started dragan age inquisition. Burned 3 hours without even realizing it and still don’t have a clue but it seems like a fun game. 
Whelp this game is gonna be a mega time-sink.  Was up till 1am last night and didn’t even realize it. Made getting up at 630 this morning super fun. 

snore said:
Whelp this game is gonna be a mega time-sink.  Was up till 1am last night and didn’t even realize it. Made getting up at 630 this morning super fun. 
I spent like 8 hours in the Hinterlands, then got bored and never played it again. Apparently it was better to move out of that area and things get more interesting. 

Todem said:
Once I got the hang of it.....I was hooked. Building my decks is a huge part of the fun too. I am only 1/3 of the way through the game....slow playing it obviously. But wow...Gwent is an obsession for me in it.
“My daughter was eaten by a monster.”

Geralt: “up for a game of Gwent.”

I enjoyed it a bunch, but once you get further in the game and build your deck it’s really easy to win most / all matches. 

Users who are viewing this thread