What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

PC Guys!   I need more storage, I Currently have a 500gb SSD,  I'd like a drive specifically for booting windows.

What do think of getting a 128gb M.2 to boot from then cleaning windows off of the 500gb?

Beat Spidey (via playshare) last night.  It's a fun game but lacks much challenge once you get the fighting down.  Heard they have DLC lined up for Oct, Nov, Dec.  That is, IMO, all content that should've been included in the base game.  I won't be looking to pick it up anytime soon.

Trying to buy a PS4 Pro and literally...literally every retailer I can possibly buy one from within a couple hours of me is sold out. Gamestop, target, walmart, best buy. Wtf is going on...

Looking forward to Diablo 3 - Season 15 :nerd:  

(∩^o^)⊃━━━━━☆゚.*・。
When does that start? I am a little late, but finally started playing season move only to see it end recently. Curtis when this starts up and couldn't find out in the whole 30 seconds I don't googling.

When does that start? I am a little late, but finally started playing season move only to see it end recently. Curtis when this starts up and couldn't find out in the whole 30 seconds I don't googling.
Sep 21 at 5pm pacific time. I've never played monk, but I hear the season 15 gift set for monk is crap. So I'm gonna make a season wizard.

PC Guys!   I need more storage, I Currently have a 500gb SSD,  I'd like a drive specifically for booting windows.

What do think of getting a 128gb M.2 to boot from then cleaning windows off of the 500gb?
I think that's a perfect plan, I think I boot off a 128GB SSD right now, and that's absolutely plenty of space for a boot drive.

Sep 21 at 5pm pacific time. I've never played monk, but I hear the season 15 gift set for monk is crap. So I'm gonna make a season wizard.
So, this is my first time starting a season on time. Do you need to start a character from scratch, or can you start a season from a character started in a previous season?

So, this is my first time starting a season on time. Do you need to start a character from scratch, or can you start a season from a character started in a previous season?
You start from scratch.  Your previous seasons character is now a regular character.  Any gear you had in your vault is in your mailbox.

I preordered the new COD to try the Battle Royale beta and I didn’t much care for it. I think the COD gameplay has just passed me by. It ran really smoothly so if COD is your game, I’m sure you’ll like it. I canceled my preorder for the time being though. Just too fast and quick twitch for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered the new COD to try the Battle Royale beta and I didn’t much care for it. I think the COD gameplay has just passed me by. It ran really smoothly so if COD is your game, I’m sure you’ll like it. I canceled my preorder for the time being though. Just too fast and quick twitch for me. 
I was pretty pumped for it too.  Watched some of the Battle Royale on Twitch and didn't care for it at all.  I think it's passed me by as well.

I just started Horizon Zero Dawn. I like it waaaaay more than Witcher 3 (I stopped after hitting lvl 10), which I'll probably get back to after HZD.
I finally started playing the complete edition a couple days ago. I gotta say, it looks AMAZING. But I don’t know if it has fully grabbed me yet. So far just seems like a lot of run & fetch. And I really wanna be good at using the bow, and I can usually get some good shots off at the beginning of a fight, but once the #### starts hitting the fan, it’s usually the spear that saves my ###. 

I just started Horizon Zero Dawn. I like it waaaaay more than Witcher 3 (I stopped after hitting lvl 10), which I'll probably get back to after HZD.
I finished W3, but ended up with the "bad ending", which I thought was perfect for him.

And now you want me to go out and buy a PS4.  Bad words sent your way.

I finally started playing the complete edition a couple days ago. I gotta say, it looks AMAZING. But I don’t know if it has fully grabbed me yet. So far just seems like a lot of fun & fetch. And I really wanna be good at using the bow, and I can usually get some good shots off at the beginning of a fight, but once the #### starts hitting the fan, it’s usually the spear that saves my ###. 
You have to know each enemies weakness and aim and tear off components.

Yep.  And if you get in over your head run.  And hide using terrain.  

Oh, and tear off cool weapons and then use them on the beast.  

This is reminding me, I don't think I ever finished the DLC.  Guess I know what I'm going to do until RDR2.

Spiderman is fun, great graphics, swinging through the city is a blast, and combat is great. But it does get a bit repetitive. 

Trying to buy a PS4 Pro and literally...literally every retailer I can possibly buy one from within a couple hours of me is sold out. Gamestop, target, walmart, best buy. Wtf is going on...
I had the same problem. I guess they aren't able to manufacture them fast enough to keep up with demand?

I spent a couple of weeks looking around and eventually started watching the major retailers online. Every once in a while one of them will refresh their stock and show them as available, and that's when you need to pounce. I finally ordered from Best Buy and just had them ship it to me.

shadyridr said:
there's that one part fairly early on where the big demon machine comes crashing through the door and starts wreaking havoc on the tribe. I tried focusing on him, examining his weaknesses, and shooting those parts. so I'm going, "hmm, do I need a fire arrow or a regular arrow? maybe I can crouch to get better aim. should I distract him first?" meanwhile this dude is kicking my ### up and down the village square. :rofl:

Might not be legit, as the seller has no selling history, is in the UK and is cranking them out (100 copies to sell), but Spiderman at only $30ish dollars:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvels-Spider-Man-PS4/312244289309?hash=item48b335bf1d%3Ag%3A6xIAAOSwSrtbovT2&LH_BIN=1

The beauty is, with paypal's buyer protection, it's literally no risk. 
Could be someone who bought a bunch of the PS4 Pro special edition bundles with Spiderman bundled in, is selling the game and then selling the PS4 Pro near retail (or even more since stock is so low everywhere).

Could be someone who bought a bunch of the PS4 Pro special edition bundles with Spiderman bundled in, is selling the game and then selling the PS4 Pro near retail (or even more since stock is so low everywhere).
Maybe, but he didn't list any of the systems.  Seems more likely they "fell off a truck", if it's even legit. I see the listing is already gone.  Must've all sold.  He only had about 40 left when I posted it.  I saved the seller so we'll see if the positive feedback starts rolling in a couple weeks from now.  Either way, there's enough completed listings on there to prove my point that you can get it for half off if your timing is good.   And this is less than 2 weeks from the release.  It'll only get cheaper and easier with each passing week. 

shadyridr said:
Spiderman is fun, great graphics, swinging through the city is a blast, and combat is great. But it does get a bit repetitive. 
I don't have a PS4, but I really want to try it [Spiderman, that is].  So I asked a good friend who I knew bought it on release day.  He said it was fun for awhile, but super short.  "No Batman Arkham Asylum", was his exact words.  Already traded it in.  I've beaten really good games in less than a week too, so I still wanna try it.  edit: I'm a completionist, so I'm sure it wouldn't be as short as he made it seem.  

Maybe, but he didn't list any of the systems.  Seems more likely they "fell off a truck", if it's even legit. I see the listing is already gone.  Must've all sold.  He only had about 40 left when I posted it.  I saved the seller so we'll see if the positive feedback starts rolling in a couple weeks from now.  Either way, there's enough completed listings on there to prove my point that you can get it for half off if your timing is good.   And this is less than 2 weeks from the release.  It'll only get cheaper and easier with each passing week. 
In college I worked a summer at a GameStop. First off, it sucked. I like video games, I dig some Madden, some cool shooting games, etc... the people that would come in were insane.

“Hey uh when’s the new (insert anime here) being delivered to the store?”

Me: not sure let me look it up in the com...

”JULY 14!  How did you not know that heu heu heu.”

Me: :mellow:

“So I want a job here, hey can I have that (insert JRPG game here) promo poster off the wall?”

Me: No, I can’t give away product 

“that game released two months ago, come onnnn”

This would happen every day. I loved it when a mom or dad came in and I could help them, but the regulars sucked. 

——

oh yeah, the reason I brought this up was there was a crew that would bring in “their” system every other day to trade in. They always wanted cash and not store credit. It was so shady, but I was told you just accept the product.  You can’t call someone a thief just because they’ve traded in 9 game systems this week.  :unsure:

If you're talking the grey market, sure, that's a given. I don't know about anyone else, but that's not what I was talking about. But that's cool - enjoy the game.  

In college I worked a summer at a GameStop. First off, it sucked. I like video games, I dig some Madden, some cool shooting games, etc... the people that would come in were insane.

“Hey uh when’s the new (insert anime here) being delivered to the store?”

Me: not sure let me look it up in the com...

”JULY 14!  How did you not know that heu heu heu.”

Me: :mellow:

“So I want a job here, hey can I have that (insert JRPG game here) promo poster off the wall?”

Me: No, I can’t give away product 

“that game released two months ago, come onnnn”

This would happen every day. I loved it when a mom or dad came in and I could help them, but the regulars sucked. 

——

oh yeah, the reason I brought this up was there was a crew that would bring in “their” system every other day to trade in. They always wanted cash and not store credit. It was so shady, but I was told you just accept the product.  You can’t call someone a thief just because they’ve traded in 9 game systems this week.  :unsure:
What area did you live in? My SD after the 3rd or 4th time would've told us to keep an eye on them and contacts the other GS in the area. By the 5th or 6th time would've played it cool kept them waiting with some BS "Need to go in the back and check the system while employee 2 is calling the cops. 

I worked GS for a holiday season. it was great as my schedule with my current job at the time allowed me to work 5-6 hours from morning till 1-2 mostly and my GS was in the same shopping center would get dressed in the back room change of clothes and be set for a 2:30 or 3 shift to like 8 or 9 at night. The Assitiant Store Director was the brother of a former co worker of mine and I got a long great with the guys there. I was literally helping customers at first not being an employee so they finally decided to give me a holiday job. Co Store Director and Store Director really wanted to keep me but a GS close by closed so they had to take a guy from there and then one guy came back into the company and DM told them they had to take him. I've tried to go back since but now with my current position at work not sure how my hours would work. I did love it there. I learned a lot about realized for the most part people there don't have all the answers. For a few yrs before hand heard stories how GS employees were trying to rip you off or just dumb but totally no true. My co workers were great too but it helped many of us had similar interest. It's a shame I could keep my second job. I was gonna use the money at the time I made to buy my first PS4. Store discount was cool as well. I had preordered and paid a game off in full and my co SD was wringing me up and the SD told him to give me the employee discount. Told him I paid the game off already before I was an employee and he basically was like who gives a sh** you're an employee when the game came out you get the discount. 

Honestly miss working there. It was nice having some extra money just to spend for change and not worrying about taking money out of the ATM for awhile. The pay was terrible but when you have another job that pays more and you are just using that as spending $$$ you could do much worse. The Midnight releases depending what it was could be amazing or just terrible depending on the game and customers. I get a lot at my current job with beer and wine about the thing you get with posters and all. Had some customer about a month ago try and cop 3 of my NFL posters at the register. Asked him what he was doing and as he had them in his hand asked if he could take them. I said no I need those for a display. Quickly after that I took the posters and hid them. It wasn't much of a lie as it was We needed at least one 2 hang up and we had a few extra. One was already going to me and another to a female co worker of mine. You aren't taking my free Sh** the Vendors gave to me thats for sure. You want it come work with me and be willing to work Sunday and Saturday nights. I swear to god sometimes customers are annoying. I did like you enjoy helping the mom or pops coming in or grandparent looking for a game for their grandchild. The best was helping some of the younger kids and trying to get them into games remastered I played when I was younger. It was rewarding when they came back and told me how cool the game was or how they liked it. I also don't try and get them on the over age games unless their parent/gaurdian Okayed me too and if they didn't ask I would usually take them aside ask them. Especially if the game wasn't GTA like more of the COD games and such or a PRG. I always told them it was more so up to them what they deemed acceptable. 

Don't try to pick a guy to aim at/fight with, hit triangle and you'll websling to a guy.  O (dodge) is your best friend.  That first fight against Kingpin I probably died 5 or 6 times... at least.  After that I probably only died 3 or 4 times total (45% done).  Your skills/gadgets/addons help alot. 
Whats the best suit and all do you think you should go for? Also any pointers on the side missions? I'm doing fairly well with just the spider Suit doc gives you on the upgrades first but I feel I could be a lot better right now. 

Any of you XB1 guys wanting to play PUBG let me know. They added the new map, Sanhook. I’m kind of addicted to the game now. Stuck on 3 wins but I’ve made a lot of top 10s recently. 

Strategy - load up guns immediately, find either motorcycle or off-road vehicle. Drive to center of second circle, wait for plane to drop package, drive and level 3 up. Go to middle of 3rd circle and prep for top 10. This works almost every time unless the package drops in a city.
I wish I watch a podcaster I live play it constantly. I got H1Z1 but it's just not the same. I got a ps4 but most of my buddies are on XB1. I took the PS4 do to the exclusives on there I love and I've been a PS person since I got my first original PS1. I like H1Z1 but it's not as fun running around by yourself as it is with a team of friends. Plus my one buddy is a night owl like me and be perfect for duo's at the very least. 

I was pretty pumped for it too.  Watched some of the Battle Royale on Twitch and didn't care for it at all.  I think it's passed me by as well.
COD's for all the kiddies who can't handle Battlefield anymore. Most of the ACTUAL SKILLED GAMERS went to BF during Hardline and gave up on COD at least PS4 player wise. COD guys who aren't skilled especially the kiddies hate BF because there's more too it then running around guns blazing "new tubing"and camping. Theres actual strategy involved. Only COD game I will start up from time to time and re-download MP wise is Modern Warfare. That game is still fun after all these yrs. I also am not a huge MP guy so COD getting rid of Campaign and Storymode made my decision a lot easier this time. A lot of people have seemed to turn on COD too 

Whats the best suit and all do you think you should go for? Also any pointers on the side missions? I'm doing fairly well with just the spider Suit doc gives you on the upgrades first but I feel I could be a lot better right now. 
I mostly used the suit with the circular blast... not sure which it was, but not the rocker one, though that's cool too (especially for crimes on top of buildings. CYA!).  As for side missions, never stop doing crimes.  Those get a lot harder towards the end and crime tokens are needed to upgrade or unlock a bunch of stuff.  Also, fly through the story until you unlock research missions.  Research tokens are needed for a lot of upgrades too.  On bases, pay attention to the goals so you can get maximum tokens for that too.  Backpack and landmarks are easy to snag whenever you're around them, I wouldn't specifically hunt those.   

On the skill tree, the gun yanks are good.  As is the web one where you hit X and can go forward (twice).  I banked a ton of skill points and only really spent some when I was in the teens towards the end.

If you need challenge tokens, the stealth missions are the easiest to gold.

The best suit cosmetically is the comic one.  Once I got that I never switched off it except for the last mission where they force you. 

I am couple of days late responding but there has been a shortage all summer with new stock selling out very quickly once it comes in. Speculation I have read on reddit is that a new model is coming out soon restricting supply.

New killer out on Dead By Daylight
She looks cool as hell but very annoying to go against. The Spirit. She blinks like a Nurse but is faster just moving around. Seems to have a longer reach on her strikes too. Her hex (haunted ground) is really annoying especially if they combine it with Ruin. The totems look exactly the same but if you break the haunted ground totem, the killer sees everyone for 40 seconds. I've been moried by her twice. The animation is pretty cool.

She looks cool as hell but very annoying to go against. The Spirit. She blinks like a Nurse but is faster just moving around. Seems to have a longer reach on her strikes too. Her hex (haunted ground) is really annoying especially if they combine it with Ruin. The totems look exactly the same but if you break the haunted ground totem, the killer sees everyone for 40 seconds. I've been moried by her twice. The animation is pretty cool.
40 seconds? Gotdamn. I've only gotten to play against her twice thus far, don't think any of our squad made it either time.

Anyone hear anything about WoW coming out with a low-cost, vanilla version?

Someone told me this might happen this year or next. It would sort of go back in time to an earlier setup in which there would be less continents, no flying mounts, etc.

I heard the price would be significantly less than the $15/month it costs now  

No, I really have no solid details. 

40 seconds? Gotdamn. I've only gotten to play against her twice thus far, don't think any of our squad made it either time.
Yes. That's why if a Spirit doesn't have Ruin on, DONT BREAK THE BURNING TOTEM! If they have Ruin on too, you really have no choice but to try and break it. 

My friends and I have beaten her about 3-4 times but also died about 7-10 times against her.

Anyone hear anything about WoW coming out with a low-cost, vanilla version?

Someone told me this might happen this year or next. It would sort of go back in time to an earlier setup in which there would be less continents, no flying mounts, etc.

I heard the price would be significantly less than the $15/month it costs now  

No, I really have no solid details. 
Yes, they annouced late last year that they are supposedly working on a WoW Classic. But details are still pretty sketchy. I read a short thing a few months ago with a developer talking about the challenges of recreating the original game architecture and such. It's like trying to uninstall a bunch of updates over the span of 14 years. You take one thing out and it breaks something else. In some cases, I think they said they don't even have the original builds for certain areas of the game any more because those were overwritten by some of the later expansions.

Edit: Should be more info coming out at the next Blizzcon in November

Beat Spidy. Really liked it. I played to finish some side missions after beating the game but stopped before it got repetitive. Game was easier to beat then I thought. Really enjoyed the fact if you got really stuck on the puzzles part you could skip them. I've had games where I've spent a few hours trying to figure out a dam puzzle. 

The makers of 'Fallout' and 'Skyrim' just issued an ultimatum to Sony over the PS4, and it could have a huge impact on the future of gaming

Sony is dropping the ball on this one. Fortnite was the first to break this egg open. Others will pile on now. Microsoft torpedo’d an entire console generation with a bad E3 conference. This could be a turning point for Sony if they don’t get with the times.
Sony is testing cross-play for Fortnite starting today from what I read.

Edit: maybe not starting today but was announced today.

AC Odyssey comes out tonight for those who pre ordered. Totally forgot it was out Tomorrow so a surprise when my local GameStop called and said we are doing a 9PM release.  

Users who are viewing this thread