What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

It's an oddly-designed game.  I reached the 4th and 5th camps just recently, so I'm officially into "late game" but not "post game" content.  Now that I'm at the point where my weapons are better, my bike is better, my skills are better, etc., this is actually a very enjoyable game to play and not the chore that it was for the first 10-15 hours or so.  The story also picks up and becomes way more interesting when you reach the 3rd camp.  

I'm looking forward to taking out the hoards.  Again, this is an strange design element.  The ability to fight hundreds of zombies simultaneously was show off as a major feature of the game during development, but it's basically firewalled into the post-game stage due to the difficulty involved.
Yeah it’s true. One chased after me mid-game and I ran to a water tower so I didn’t have to fight. They incorporate a couple into the main story line late, but you’re better off avoiding most until very late.

Just finished an epic play through of Assassin's Creed 2 all the way through AC: Syndicate.  Bunch of the re-releases went on sale earlier this year and I just started on 2 and kept going.  Interesting to see how the series progresses and the highs and lows of the series.  AC:2, BF, and Syndicate are still the best games.  Syndicate may actually have been my favorite of the bunch.  Unity was the worst which was really unfortunate since Paris looked pretty nice and the French revolution could have been a pretty cool background for a story.

Sounds great. After looking at some review which led me to Hollow Knight. That game looks amazing too. 
Bought Hollow Knight a couple of months back. Finally started it, got about 45 mins in and killed boss #1. It’s a class metroidvania type game.  There are already ledges I’ve seen that I can’t get to, tight controls with lots of jumping and slashing. So far so good. 

Bought Hollow Knight a couple of months back. Finally started it, got about 45 mins in and killed boss #1. It’s a class metroidvania type game.  There are already ledges I’ve seen that I can’t get to, tight controls with lots of jumping and slashing. So far so good. 
I keep reading that it’s one of the best, if not the best metroidvania game ever. 

I know this isn't some new whiz-bang cool new game but it is FREE and an excellent game imo......

https://slickdeals.net/f/13210636-torchlight-pc-digital-download-free?page=3#commentsBox

.... I've always been a big fan of the original and coincidentally started playing it again about a month ago. When it first came out several years ago I loved the fact that the hardware requirements were so low it would run on almost anything. It even ran decent on an old "Netbook" I used to own back in the days before chromebooks existed. Anyway, if you've never given it a try I highly suggest it. Torchlight III(Frontiers) is supposed to be released in 2019 so I am looking forward to it. Lots of people think Torchlight II was much better than Torchlight I but for some reason it actually felt more repetitive to me. Maybe just because it was longer.

The only drawback is that it's not on steam. You have to create an Epic account.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is GOTY for me so far.  If you ever played the classic Castlevania: SOTN, this is essentially it's sequel.  The guy from Konami who made that game quit and made this game through a kickstarter.  It's a great followup to the best Metroidvania ever made.  
This game is incredible.  I've been waiting nearly 5 years and wasn't sure if it'd be worth it, but it's definitely worth it.

Need advice for Prime Day.

Currently have XboX 360 and looking to upgrade to XboX One with these parameters:

- no 4K TV (yet)

- don’t play online (solo campaigns or sports only)

- buying BL3 on release in Sept

do I need the X or S version?

Currently have XboX 360 and looking to upgrade to XboX One with these parameters:

- no 4K TV (yet)

S.  The framerate advantage of the X is almost a good enough reason to spring for it, but since you've waited this long, save up, make sure you get the Game Pass and maybe an external drive instead (and you don't have to have one branded by Microsoft).  Also EA Access is worth buying for the sports games alone.  With that and Game Pass, you'll be good on games for awhile.   

Though, if that "yet" on the 4K means you're considering one soon, go ahead and go with the X so you can take advantage.  Until then, your games will still look better and smoother using the X on the 1080p TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

- no 4K TV (yet)

I’ll echo what Slax said, prob just need the S. My only caveat is if you’re on the verge of getting a 4K tv and you’re a graphics snob, maybe go X. 

Really? I’ll have to check em out. Pretty sure we still have a 3DS laying around someplace 
Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Portrait of Ruin.  Aria of Sorrow is considered the best of those.  I forgot, but the first 3 or so of those were on GBA, not DS.  I'm not one to shy away from emulation if that's the only way I can play them.  But I'm also not really allowed to suggest it either.

After completing my Assassin's Creed run, I still had 2 days left on the 4th of July weekend, and I FINALLY started up my first play though of Fallout 4.  I've been sitting on that forever, just waiting on a good amount of time to really be able to jump in.  Game is nuts, I could have a ridiculous amount of hours in it my the time it's done.  This week I've been mired in settlements a bit, so I haven't even gone questing/exploring.  I have not been getting enough sleep these last two weeks, work has hurt a couple days.

Love the game, just sucks dealing with the usual Bethesda RPG bugs.

Fired up my WoW subscription for the first time in 10 years. The game has changed a ton, i going to solo all of the instances ahead of WoW Classic. I explored BRD last night and mostly remembered how it went.  think I jumped the gun a month early though.

Does anyone play the FIFA games? The World Cup kinda got me into soccer and was wondering if FIFA 20 would be worth getting in September? I'm kinda over Madden, so I won't be buying that this year.
I used to play a ton, it is a very fun game...  there's a very active community...  but I'm fed up w/ everything EA makes.  

Anyone play The Golf Club 2019?  It's available for cheap on PS4, XBone, and PC.

There are online societies where you compete (not live) cross platform.  

I've been enjoying the game, but I've seen very unrealistic low scores.  I've been playing a month or so and my handicap is at +13.  

ComicCon had a meeting with a myriad industry insiders. And most agreed that game sales (which drive a ton of content in non-game areas) is growing with the PC and its coming at expense of both console and phones. Which is a reversal of 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone play The Golf Club 2019?  It's available for cheap on PS4, XBone, and PC.

I've been enjoying the game, but I've seen very unrealistic low scores.  I've been playing a month or so and my handicap is at +13.  
I played the first Golf Club game and really enjoyed it. I found the course editor to be very difficult to use, which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to that portion. As far as the golf itself, it became pretty easy but I still enjoyed it. I prefer the old 3 click golf games like Links LS back in the day, but this game is as close as they’ve come in a bit to making realistic golf. 

I've owned every one.  IT was a Xbox Gold free game ...  Haven't dove in this version though.

Search for Magnolia course - its Augusta

I'm playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. I had it on my radar a year ago, but never got to it. They recently released an edition with all DLC for $39, so I got it.

This is a great game for people who like deep RPG's. It's somewhat similar to Skyrim in look and feel and how you level (you level up by doing things instead of awarded experience points). The game is also waaaaay more "realistic", with much better (and much harder) combat, a much deeper stat/perk system, and a pretty good main quest/story (and a ton of sidequests). There's no magic in the game, either.

It's almost like a middle ages life sim as well as an RPG. Everything you do seems hard. You will need to eat and sleep, your food will spoil (and spoiled food could give you food poisoning which may eventually even kill you), you won't get anywhere trying to talk to people with mud and blood all over your clothes, fast travel is not instantaneous (you watch your marker travel on the map, and you could get interrupted), etc. Even "waiting" takes a real life minute as you watch the clock wind down. The game forces you to play patiently and take time in doing things. This is very clearly NOT a game for people who have an hour to game every few days.

The combat feels a little clunky at first, but it's actually quite intricate. It's also hard - you will never, ever be that godly assassin you were in Skyrim. Wipe out an entire fort by yourself? Zero chance of that happening. Taking on two guys is looking to get killed. Forget taking on four guys or whatnot. Which is probably the way it should be - a few angry peasants with clubs would be trouble for even a knight (and you're not a knight in this game). 

Saving is pretty limited too - you can only save when you sleep, when you exit the game, or when you drink an expensive/rare potion (the game also autosaves at key points in quests). So there's really no "let me save then try this". 

The above doesn't sound fun does it? But it is if you're the patient type of gamer who wants a very deep, very realistic RPG. It's also really cool if you like the middle ages - there's a ton of info about life back then - I spent an hour last night just reading the codex entries. I've really become enamored with it, and can see playing this for a long time. 

I've owned every one.  IT was a Xbox Gold free game ...  Haven't dove in this version though.

Search for Magnolia course - its Augusta
I've got the PS4 version for $20.  Been playing with the tgctour.com online society.  I'm in CC-E, about 10 levels below the best golfers.   :bag:

My handicap is around +13 now.   :excited:

I'm playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. I had it on my radar a year ago, but never got to it. They recently released an edition with all DLC for $39, so I got it.
I’ve been keeping an eye on this since it was released. It sounds really intriguing, but as your review alludes to, I’m not sure it will stick with me as a person who plays once a day or so in 30-60 min chunks. My queue is full through at least Thanksgiving, so I’ll probably wait and see if I can get this at steep discount during a Black Friday sale. 

jwb said:
You will need to eat and sleep, your food will spoil (and spoiled food could give you food poisoning which may eventually even kill you),
This was all I had to read for it to become a hard pass. If I want to eat and sleep, I think I can cover that in real life. It isn't even remotely entertaining to me in a video game. To bad, I thought the game looked interesting.

jwb said:
You will need to eat and sleep, your food will spoil (and spoiled food could give you food poisoning which may eventually even kill you),
This was all I had to read for it to become a hard pass. If I want to eat and sleep, I think I can cover that in real life. It isn't even remotely entertaining to me in a video game. To bad, I thought the game looked interesting.
It's not really bad - it kind of fits the game, and its pace. It's not "annoying" (like Fallout 76 is) if that's any help. 

I finally finished Days Gone -- that was a really long game, but it never really seemed to drag or feel padded.  It definitely got better around the time you get to the third camp.  By then you have enough skills unlocked and good enough weapons to make the missions more satisfying.  It's still about 7 or 8 for me, but it feels like there's good potential there for a sequel that would be a major step up.  

Detroit: Become Human is currently free on PS+, so I started that one yesterday (I had the day off) and got nearly halfway through it.  I'll finish it for sure it by this weekend at the latest.

That leaves me with an absolutely empty queue.  Which means that it's time for my every-once-in-a-while foray into Assassins Creed, the franchise where there's always a recent title deeply discounted that will fill up 80 hours or so with relaxing and undemanding gameplay.  The "break glass in case of drought" franchise.  Odyssey is on sale on PSN for $24 starting today, and I'm hoping that will hold me over until the fall games arrive.

Overwatch is setting up their competitive role queue system finally.  You'll have to queue up as either a tank, dps, or support and stay that role for the whole game.  2 of each for each team.  Can't wait to stop getting 5 dps when I queue for competitive.

Detroit: Become Human is currently free on PS+, so I started that one yesterday (I had the day off) and got nearly halfway through it.  I'll finish it for sure it by this weekend at the latest.
This is worth a playthrough if you have + or can get it for dirt cheap.  Unlike Heavy Rain (same developer) it actually has a pretty good story, and unlike Tell-Tale games the endings diverge wildly depending on what choices you make during the game. 

No replay though.  Moving on to Odyssey.  

This is worth a playthrough if you have + or can get it for dirt cheap.  Unlike Heavy Rain (same developer) it actually has a pretty good story, and unlike Tell-Tale games the endings diverge wildly depending on what choices you make during the game. 

No replay though.  Moving on to Odyssey.  

Have also been thinking about grabbing Odyssey for that $23.99 price or whatever. Haven't played an AC game since 2, but I'm really excited for the RPG and loot aspects they've added. And I can see that in the same way the Shadow of Morder franchise borrowed from the early AC games, the newer AC games have returned the favor and have borrowed some ideas from Shadow of War as well, stuff that I like.

Does anyone play the FIFA games? The World Cup kinda got me into soccer and was wondering if FIFA 20 would be worth getting in September? I'm kinda over Madden, so I won't be buying that this year.
As a huge Fifa player it's worth it. There's still some stuff I hate about it but it's more of big fan pet peeves some causal like yourself wouldn't even notice or care about. Do to licensing issues leagues like Brazilian Leage will have made up names and badges for clubs but the real club names. PES who does a soccer game has a few exclusives this year Juventus won't be in FIFA besides the players. Team club will be piedmont Turin or something with fake badge but the names of real players like Ronaldo and stuff. Faces won't be changed like they are yearly for licensed team and a crop stadium will be used instead of their real one. FIFA has the license for the UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues the big tournament the clubs play in license so you get a lot of good stuff with that. They need to do updates on stuff but for game play it's better then PES. If you want to create more and stuff PES is your better option but if you are more into game play and just trying to get to know soccer more FIFA is the way to go as they have more licensed leagues and teams. I love FIFA and have tried PES but hate the controllers for it. I do like the creation suits they have but it's not enough to draw me in. I was thinking of getting both a year ago till FIFA took the Champions league license though. 

I finally finished Days Gone -- that was a really long game, but it never really seemed to drag or feel padded.  It definitely got better around the time you get to the third camp.  By then you have enough skills unlocked and good enough weapons to make the missions more satisfying.  It's still about 7 or 8 for me, but it feels like there's good potential there for a sequel that would be a major step up.  

That leaves me with an absolutely empty queue.  Which means that it's time for my every-once-in-a-while foray into Assassins Creed, the franchise where there's always a recent title deeply discounted that will fill up 80 hours or so with relaxing and undemanding gameplay.  The "break glass in case of drought" franchise.  Odyssey is on sale on PSN for $24 starting today, and I'm hoping that will hold me over until the fall games arrive.
Is this worth getting now or should I wait till it discounts? I have about 3 weeks before anything big I want to play hits. Just been messing around in Division 2 DLC content. Waiting for Madden/FiFA to hit before the new Modern Warfare comes out. I could probably fire up Battlefield and complete some of the DLC campaigns that came out too but that will barely last me a week. 

Is this worth getting now or should I wait till it discounts? I have about 3 weeks before anything big I want to play hits. Just been messing around in Division 2 DLC content. Waiting for Madden/FiFA to hit before the new Modern Warfare comes out. I could probably fire up Battlefield and complete some of the DLC campaigns that came out too but that will barely last me a week. 
Days Gone is a lot like Far Cry.  It's a long game that features a large number of similar missions that you'll repeat over and over: clear out this marauder camp, go find this guy, investigate this abandoned evacuation site, burn those zombie nests, etc.  It also has an inverted difficulty curve, in the sense that I found it to be pretty challenging early on but it got a lot easier after 20-30 hours when you've unlocked better weapons and some of the more useful skills.  I personally enjoyed the gameplay loop, but do know that it's pretty repetitive.  The current $40 price point is about right.

If you're looking for a way to kill three weeks, you could do a lot worse.  This isn't a must-play like Horizon: Zero Dawn, but if "Far Cry with zombies" sounds interesting, it will probably do the job.  

Days Gone is a lot like Far Cry.  It's a long game that features a large number of similar missions that you'll repeat over and over: clear out this marauder camp, go find this guy, investigate this abandoned evacuation site, burn those zombie nests, etc.  It also has an inverted difficulty curve, in the sense that I found it to be pretty challenging early on but it got a lot easier after 20-30 hours when you've unlocked better weapons and some of the more useful skills.  I personally enjoyed the gameplay loop, but do know that it's pretty repetitive.  The current $40 price point is about right.

If you're looking for a way to kill three weeks, you could do a lot worse.  This isn't a must-play like Horizon: Zero Dawn, but if "Far Cry with zombies" sounds interesting, it will probably do the job.  
My thoughts on Days Gone which I am still playing. Agreed... LONG game. In the beginning I got super frustrated because I kept on dying. I gave up on it for awhile. Eventually I got back into it and kept building my focus and bought a rifle with a silencer and the game is a blast now. It takes awhile to upgrade guns and bike but once you do the game is really fun. I love picking apart camps with head shot after head shot and nobody even knows Im there. Im in the southern camp now. I think Im close to the end.

My thoughts on Days Gone which I am still playing. Agreed... LONG game. In the beginning I got super frustrated because I kept on dying. I gave up on it for awhile. Eventually I got back into it and kept building my focus and bought a rifle with a silencer and the game is a blast now. It takes awhile to upgrade guns and bike but once you do the game is really fun. I love picking apart camps with head shot after head shot and nobody even knows Im there. Im in the southern camp now. I think Im close to the end.
After you finish the main story, you can still go around killing hordes, gathering collectibles, and stuff like that.  It may be tempting to put the game down after the credits roll, but it's a very good idea to keep unlocking Nero checkpoints and visiting the Nero research sites.  Eventually the Nero guy will radio you and ask to meet up.  That's the real ending of the game even though it takes place in what seems like post-game content.

There are two southern camps: Diamond Lake and Wizard Island.  If you're talking about Lost Lake, you've still got a long way to go.

Those three weeks will be gone before you know it if you start Days Gone...

After you finish the main story, you can still go around killing hordes, gathering collectibles, and stuff like that.  It may be tempting to put the game down after the credits roll, but it's a very good idea to keep unlocking Nero checkpoints and visiting the Nero research sites.  Eventually the Nero guy will radio you and ask to meet up.  That's the real ending of the game even though it takes place in what seems like post-game content.

There are two southern camps: Diamond Lake and Wizard Island.  If you're talking about Lost Lake, you've still got a long way to go.
Wizard Island

I hacked my Switch.  :towelwave:

Now I can play any game from any system up to the PS2 on it and apparently can also stream play my PC and PS4 games too. 

Playing AC Odyssey, my first since AC 2. Loving it, and the newer loot and RPG aspects. 

But I'm starting to get that completionist anxiety that keeps me from finishing a lot of open world games. I have a hard time leaving an area/country without doing everything.

Will I outlevel the main story content if I do literally everything? 

Playing AC Odyssey, my first since AC 2. Loving it, and the newer loot and RPG aspects. 

But I'm starting to get that completionist anxiety that keeps me from finishing a lot of open world games. I have a hard time leaving an area/country without doing everything.

If it's like every other AC game (or every other game in general) then, yes you probably will.

Then again, by end game don't you think you deserve to the the baddest dude in the room?

Areas/enemies level up once you pass their original level to keep up with you.

Users who are viewing this thread