Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

9 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Patty's?

And I just want to farm some chunks quick. Not looking to finish the areas.

Paths. Got autocorrected. 

Interested to hear from anyone who preordered Days Gone. Initial reviews don’t sound very glowing. Was hoping this would be my next game to play.

1 minute ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Interested to hear from anyone who preordered Days Gone. Initial reviews don’t sound very glowing. Was hoping this would be my next game to play.

I got the notification this morning that mine shipped today.  Not sure I'll have time to try it out this weekend.  I only fire up the PS4 on weekends because if I play a game, I like to play it for hours at a time.  And since I'm a dad and a husband, my PS4 time runs between 9 pm and 4 am.  So we'll see if I get into it this weekend.  I haven't heard anything about it.  I honestly thought about cancelling the order, but I don't see any other games coming out in the next 12 months, so I'm really hoping this is a little fun.  

On 4/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, shadyridr said:

Days Gone getting dreadful reviews

Ughhh...my copy arrives today. I have three days off and was really hoping this one would be good. Maybe  I will avoid the reviews and just go in blind. 

21 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Ughhh...my copy arrives today. I have three days off and was really hoping this one would be good. Maybe  I will avoid the reviews and just go in blind. 

Most user reviews say the game is great except for some audio bugs.

Mine was scheduled to arrive Friday and I thought I might play it.  But Friday, it was updated for Monday delivery.  It arrived Saturday, but I had already got out of the mindset of playing, I didn't even crack it open.  I'll give it a shot this coming weekend.  

I only read a couple quick reviews because I didn't want to know too much, but I heard the biggest complaints were the voice acting and dialogue is horrible.  And that the game can get repetitive.  So I'm going in with an open mind.

Well, it just got here--going to start the install and patches that I see are already available.  Will report back later....

• Like 2

Yeah I heard user reviews are far higher than sites reviews for days gone. Two of my buddies got it launch day and love it. I'll likely be picking it up this weekend.

Okay an hour in--wife and daughter are home so I have to stop and cook dinner.

Nice graphics..

I hate to judge a game on controls too early on, but the first motorcycle ride was a cluster for me.. I am an old man, so I just need practice I guess.

Feels like RDR2 with the skill/crafting wheel

The battles have been forgiving so far--so hope the learning curve doesn't get much steeper. I hate multi-button mashers.

Small complaints so far:

WTF on the storyline? You have to hook your players in that intro and there was nothing there--just a Sons of Anarchy meets TWD feel, but what is going on? I hope they fill in the pieces here. I just don't care about the main guy or his quest yet?

Open world means everything should be able to be searched--so I hope that improves.

I debated between this and World War Z-even though they are different birds for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah I heard user reviews are far higher than sites reviews for days gone. Two of my buddies got it launch day and love it. I'll likely be picking it up this weekend.

The biggest knock I have read has already been mentioned, repetitiveness. A game like that will seem cool at first but then begin to drag. Will be interested in hearing what folks think here, not initially, but mid-game on.

22 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Okay an hour in--wife and daughter are home so I have to stop and cook dinner.

Nice graphics..

Keep the feedback coming Big Hoss!

Horizon Zero Dawn is, for me at least, falling into that Far Cry category of games that aren’t particularly good on their merits, but serve perfectly as distractions that allow me to catch up on my podcasts. 

The big streamers are now allowed to give their impressions of Borderlands 3.  Here is the first I saw

=========

ZiggyD‏ @ZiggyDStarcraft

Now that the embargo is lifted, i've played 3 hours so far of #Borderlands3 and i'm really liking it. It feels deeper and more diverse in its gameplay and customization than prev titles and its damn fun to play so far. If its got some endgame i could see going hard on it

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

14 minutes of game play for Borderlands 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0JlKu_IJhw

Very excited for this game. But I started watching one of the streamers and 2 minutes in I realized... I don't really want all this gameplay ruined for me. Going to be hard, but I'm going to try to ignore any video and just stick to news.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thecatch said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is, for me at least, falling into that Far Cry category of games that aren’t particularly good on their merits, but serve perfectly as distractions that allow me to catch up on my podcasts. 

I got several hours into that, and while it was absolutely gorgeous, I became a little bored with it. maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend...

On 4/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, TheIronSheik said:

Is anyone getting Days Gone?  I usually only buy 2 to 3 games a year.  Just don't have the time like I used to.  Plus I suck at games.  I preordered this probably a year ago.  Looked interesting.  Just wondering if anyone else is getting it.

I'll get it. dunno when, likely soon

I miss college football and basketball on the console systems.  It sucks that they couldn't come to an agreement on how to make it work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I miss college football and basketball on the console systems.  It sucks that they couldn't come to an agreement on how to make it work.

I still have a digital copy of the last released ncaa football game on my 360. It’s the only reason I still keep the 360 around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I still have a digital copy of the last released ncaa football game on my 360. It’s the only reason I still keep the 360 around. 

Yup, I still have it for PS3, but I haven't plugged that in for a long time.

I haven't played Madden since 2010. Haven't played NCAA football since 2003. Used to love the football games and sports games in general. Now I can't be bothered. I think it was more the team management in dynasty that I enjoyed but since those have been really watered down, I've had zero interest. 

MVP 2005 was like the height of Baseball management to me. I know people swear by The Show but it just never grabbed me. 

Used to love hockey and I know the games have gotten better gameplay wise but I just can't get into them. 

I guess sports games have just passed me by.

15 hours ago, Insein said:

I haven't played Madden since 2010. Haven't played NCAA football since 2003. Used to love the football games and sports games in general. Now I can't be bothered. I think it was more the team management in dynasty that I enjoyed but since those have been really watered down, I've had zero interest. 

MVP 2005 was like the height of Baseball management to me. I know people swear by The Show but it just never grabbed me. 

Used to love hockey and I know the games have gotten better gameplay wise but I just can't get into them. 

I guess sports games have just passed me by.

I love The Show.  I love the fact that I can take my player from a nobody and play his way through the minors into the majors.  And the best part is only having to play the plays your involved in.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

15 hours ago, RC94 said:

Yup, I still have it for PS3, but I haven't plugged that in for a long time.

I have the last college football and basketball games for the PS3.  It is set up in our exercise room.  Once the college seasons starts, the boys drop whatever game they are playing and fight over the PS3 to start new seasons with downloaded current season rosters.

Been playing Days Gone all week. I don't know what game the critics were playing, but this game is awesome. Easily my favorite game I've played in over a year, with the caveat that I haven't gotten around to Red Dead 2 yet. 

The story hooked me completely about 3-4 hours in. Especially the differences in the camps, both the leaders, and the side characters. I do wonder if/how the game changes depending on which camp you tend to favor, or if its just a difference in credits/trust you get. 

I haven't felt it being that repetitive at all. I mean, every game that has tasks, is going to be a little repetitive, but it hasn't stood out to me. 

I really enjoy how Deacon is always kinda muttering to himself, and taunting enemies before/during/after you are fighting them. It reminds me of Jack Burton a little. Just feels like an actual character. Really all the characters for the most part seem pretty solid, and not interchangeable at all. I also like Copeland's random Alex Jones-ish rants over the radio. Nothing like sneaking up to a bandit camp, and having your radio start up talking about how anybody with eyes could have seen the apocalypse coming, and nobody is laughing at the doomsday preppers now.

I'm about 15-20 hours in, and its a solid 9/10 for me, it would have to drastically fall apart for me to give it anything less.

Yes I'm enjoying Days Gone too. Tough game too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

Mordhau - multiplayer medieval fighting game. So much chaos and fun.

Isn't it Battle Royale too? Looks cool for those into the medieval genre that was yearning for a BR.

Edited by Insein

26 minutes ago, Insein said:

Isn't it Battle Royale too? Looks cool for those into the medieval genre that was yearning for a BR.

That's a small game mode but they have it. I play Frontline which is like 25vs25 capture points or pushing a cart. Some epic fights break out.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:56 AM, thecatch said:

I played the complete edition on hard and thought it was great. The action and problem-solving aspects was really good.
What surprised me was how eerie the story was. The AI narrative was really cool and enjoyed the last 3rd of the story.

I'm dabbling with Street Fighter V Arcade Edition. I play on normal mode and it feels like half the opponents are just punching bags while the second half are on God mode.

My wife and I are also playing co-op Borderlands 2 & pre-sequel split screen. She like to take all the loot but gets mad at me when I finish tasks, while she's off opening boxes.

I still play Rocket League on the daily. PS4. It just satisfies the competitor in me.

5 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I still play Rocket League on the daily. PS4. It just satisfies the competitor in me.

I had been playing PUBG but that's starting to aggravate me again. Might have to switch back.

Seems like a slow time for games. Not much in the way of new release discussions. Most of us seem to be playing our older titles.

5 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Seems like a slow time for games. Not much in the way of new release discussions. Most of us seem to be playing our older titles.

I think most devs are starting to prepare for next gen, so we're seeing the traditional end-of-console generation lull. Report surfaced today that has PS5 dropping holiday next year.

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I think most devs are starting to prepare for next gen, so we're seeing the traditional end-of-console generation lull. Report surfaced today that has PS5 dropping holiday next year.

Hopefully that means we'll start seeing some awesome price drops on all the PS4 games I never got too.

Well, Dark Souls III may be the first game in the series I don't finish. I simply cannot beat the two Princes. I got close once when I was on the last stage, but that is out of like two hours of trying this battle. I haven't made the final stage not one other time. And with no NPC to summon and no live account to use to summon live help, I think I'm simply going to have to admit defeat and move on to something else. Disappointing, but the fact is I'm to the point where I am simply sick of trying with this one.

19 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Well, Dark Souls III may be the first game in the series I don't finish. I simply cannot beat the two Princes. I got close once when I was on the last stage, but that is out of like two hours of trying this battle. I haven't made the final stage not one other time. And with no NPC to summon and no live account to use to summon live help, I think I'm simply going to have to admit defeat and move on to something else. Disappointing, but the fact is I'm to the point where I am simply sick of trying with this one.

That was a very hard fight for me too. Can you not raise a few more levels and then fight them?

There are just so many cheap games today that I have fun with that Im not sure when Ill buy a full price game. 

There is a very cool metroidvania game that just came out on xbox live called Feudal Alloy.  I am in love with the art style . Its $14 and Im having a absolute blast with it. If you like these type of games I cant recommend it enough. Its on steam as well. 

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

That was a very hard fight for me too. Can you not raise a few more levels and then fight them?

I'm level 121 so I don't think there's much point there. I did read what I am doing wrong. What I thought was stage 2, 3 and 4 was really just me screwing up stage 2. I didn't realize you can "kill" the bottom guy forever and he'll just keep being healed.

Just finally got around to watching that gameplay video for cyberpunk 2077.  Stoked for it now.

• Like 2

I'm hoping we get some news on Watchdogs 3 at E3 this summer.  I didn't play the first one because the reviews were terrible but for some reason I bought the second one.  I played for 5 minutes and turned it off thinking it was garbage.  About 2 weeks later I fired it one more time to give it another chance and ended up falling in love with it.  Thought it was one of the better games I've played.  Good, fun story.  And lots of cool things to do.  Loved the map, as well.

Im enjoying the hell out of Days Gone.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Finally gave up. Game went back in the case. Another hour and forty five minutes losing that fight and I'm simply tired of trying. Like I said, first souls game I won't finish, but I needed help with certain fights in past episodes. So I guess without help, there would have been others I never completed, so I can live with it. Time to move on to something else.

Edited by DallasDMac

1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

Finally gave up. Game went back in the case. Another hour and forty five minutes losing that fight and I'm simply tired of trying. Like I said, first souls game I won't finish, but I needed help with certain fights in past episodes. So I guess without help, there would have been others I never completed, so I can live with it. Time to move on to something else.

Sounds like you need a break. Maybe put it down for a day or two and give it a shot. I bet you beat him easily within the first 3 attempts. Always works like that for some reason. Especially for souls games. 

1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Sounds like you need a break. Maybe put it down for a day or two and give it a shot. I bet you beat him easily within the first 3 attempts. Always works like that for some reason. Especially for souls games. 

I just came back from a week out of state where I was away from it. It's the only reason I had the patience I did. Maybe some day, like after I finish another game, I'll go back and try if I haven't traded it in already. It isn't likely, but it is possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 1:11 AM, ShamrockPride said:

Same.  SlaX#2675 is my RocketID for my PC account.  I haven't played the Xbox account as much since cross-parties went into effect.  But you're welcome to add me.  

Edited by SlaX
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I'm hoping we get some news on Watchdogs 3 at E3 this summer.  I didn't play the first one because the reviews were terrible but for some reason I bought the second one.  I played for 5 minutes and turned it off thinking it was garbage.  About 2 weeks later I fired it one more time to give it another chance and ended up falling in love with it.  Thought it was one of the better games I've played.  Good, fun story.  And lots of cool things to do.  Loved the map, as well.

I enjoyed it after I figured out what bothered me about it so much. The tone of the characters was light with a humorous angle, which is fine. I was even okay with the whole parkour-hacker-ninja thing, because that's totally plausible. But the whole option to also be a murderous rampage killbot just didn't fit with the entirety of the game. To the point that I found it off-putting and took away from the experience. These characters are simply not-killers.

Once I landed on that as the problem and changed my gamplay to entirely non-lethal I enjoyed it a lot more.

The bay area map was definitely a high point for me as well. Even if evading the police through it was a nightmare.

Edited by Chaka
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I enjoyed it after I figured out what bothered me about it so much. The tone of the characters was light with a humorous angle, which is fine. I was even okay with the whole parkour-hacker-ninja thing, because that's totally plausible. But the whole option to also be a murderous rampage killbot just didn't fit with the entirety of the game. To the point that I found it off-putting and took away from the experience. These characters are simply not-killers.

Once I landed on that as the problem and changed my gamplay to entirely non-lethal I enjoyed it a lot more.

The bay area map was definitely a high point for me as well. Even if evading the police through it was a nightmare.

Yea some of these games take me right out of it with how much killing they do. The whole Uncharted series was like that for me.

It's like, if I'm playing Doom, I'm going to kill stuff in the most glorifying way possible. GTA, somewhat the same if someone pisses you off because you're pretty much a psychopath anyway. Watchdogs should not be a murder sim. 

Edited by Insein