Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

4 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea some of these games take me right out of it with how much killing they do. The whole Uncharted series was like that for me.

It's like, if I'm playing Doom, I'm going to kill stuff in the most glorifying way possible. GTA, somewhat the same if someone pisses you off because you're pretty much a psychopath anyway. Watchdogs should not be a murder sim. 

At least in the first one I understood why he might want to get a little murdery. But these cats? No, totally immersion breaking.

Great, now I'm trying to think about how many games I play that don't involve killing everything in sight.

Tetris?

2 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Great, now I'm trying to think about how many games I play that don't involve killing everything in sight.

Tetris?

Yea I mean even Mario, Zelda and the like involve killing hordes or enemies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Yea I mean even Mario, Zelda and the like involve killing hordes or enemies.

I miss Portal so much. How has that not become an ongoing series?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I miss Portal so much. How has that not become an ongoing series?

Valve doesn't make games anymore. I mean they left HL2 on a cliffhanger ending for the last decade. They certainly have the money and the means to do so.

I really need to win the lottery so I can retire and stay home. I just have no time to game. I own every gaming system and I have multiple games I have bought that are still sealed. I bought RDR2 and I just couldn't get into it--it was so slow and boring. I went back and played GTA5 and that was fun but again so immersive, I didn't scratch the surface on it. I have the newest Forza. Again huge game--no time invested in it.  I bought Days Gone launch day, played for two hours and I haven't been able to get back to it. I never finished Skyrim. I have the Witcher 3 sitting there sealed. It is frustrating.....

Does anyone play Elder Scrolls Online? I want to, but there are no fewer than 47 different bundles and versions out there. What do I buy??

10 hours ago, Courtjester said:

I really need to win the lottery so I can retire and stay home. I just have no time to game. I own every gaming system and I have multiple games I have bought that are still sealed. I bought RDR2 and I just couldn't get into it--it was so slow and boring. I went back and played GTA5 and that was fun but again so immersive, I didn't scratch the surface on it. I have the newest Forza. Again huge game--no time invested in it.  I bought Days Gone launch day, played for two hours and I haven't been able to get back to it. I never finished Skyrim. I have the Witcher 3 sitting there sealed. It is frustrating.....

I have a problem starting games because (like the ones you have listed) they’re so freaking long now. It’s one thing if it’s jampacked, but if I have 30 minutes to play, I don’t want to spend 20 of it traveling from point A to point B. I honestly wish RDR2 had an option to just play the missions if you wanted, and let you toggle an option to go into free roam.  They made an amazing world, but I can’t spend hours riding a fake horse around. 

Ive started enjoying those new retro games more like Super Meatboy. It’s difficult, but you hit start and you’re playing a game with literally a second reload time after dying. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I have a problem starting games because (like the ones you have listed) they’re so freaking long now. It’s one thing if it’s jampacked, but if I have 30 minutes to play, I don’t want to spend 20 of it traveling from point A to point B. I honestly wish RDR2 had an option to just play the missions if you wanted, and let you toggle an option to go into free roam.  They made an amazing world, but I can’t spend hours riding a fake horse around. 

Ive started enjoying those new retro games more like Super Meatboy. It’s difficult, but you hit start and you’re playing a game with literally a second reload time after dying. 

This is my problem. I have a fear of starting an unknown long game. I'll replay other long games I've beaten already because I know what I'm getting into. I'm always hesitant to jump into a game like RDR or Witcher because I know its a time sink. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Insein said:

This is my problem. I have a fear of starting an unknown long game. I'll replay other long games I've beaten already because I know what I'm getting into. I'm always hesitant to jump into a game like RDR or Witcher because I know its a time sink. 

Meh, play Witcher 3 or go back to ME3 (for example) either way it's 30+ hours nowadays.

4 hours ago, Chaka said:

Meh, play Witcher 3 or go back to ME3 (for example) either way it's 30+ hours nowadays.

Yea I know. But I usually choose the one I know. I'm not saying I'm normal. 

44 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea I know. But I usually choose the one I know. I'm not saying I'm normal. 

It is, I do the same. I have several unplayed games. The main reason is I just don't feel I ever have the time to "waste" learning controls for a new game.