What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

GroveDiesel said:
IGN gave it a 9/10.

Just started replaying BL2 last weekend. Forgot just how funny that game is.
IGNs reviews are useless now. They're just corporate shills. This is particularly true in this case, as they've supported borderlands during this entire leadup despite some despicable behavior by the publisher.

They basically ruined some poor youtuber's life for stumbling onto some minor spoilers because they didn't properly secure their semi-private twitch channel.  They sent investigators to his house, got his discord and YouTube shut down, etc. They're a bunch of creeps

IGNs reviews are useless now. They're just corporate shills. This is particularly true in this case, as they've supported borderlands during this entire leadup despite some despicable behavior by the publisher.

They basically ruined some poor youtuber's life for stumbling onto some minor spoilers because they didn't properly secure their semi-private twitch channel.  They sent investigators to his house, got his discord and YouTube shut down, etc. They're a bunch of creeps
Video Game Reviews in general are not reliable. Nearly all of the major review sites are for sale. Every Madden or NBA game each year will never go below an 8.5 because they pay to have it that way. They know that despite a small minority of gamers knowing that the reviews are rigged, the vast majority of the public thinks these things are still legit. So they lay because it helps sell the game. Flashy headlines in the commercial saying "IGN 9/10, Best game ever, ever , ever!!!" Get s regular people to think hey that might be worth the $60+ I'm about to throw away. 

oh, for sure.

I've read a few reviews from more independent sources. Some are good, some not so much. The ones criticizing say the humor is bad/too juvenile and that the  game play is just more of the same.  The ones praising it are saying its the new standard for looter-shooters.

I loved BL2, so I was going to give this a shot unless everyone was saying its a piece of ####. If I get 1/3rd the time/enjoyment that I got out of the first game (Steam indicates I played it for 122 hours) it will be a bargain.

Beat Hollow Knight - 31 hours, 74% completion. 

I tried some some of the content needed to get full completion and there’s just no possible way I would ever be able to do it. It’s over the top difficult type things.  Here’s a video of one of the trials. I got like 6 minutes into this trial and I just don’t have the patience / will / talent to go further just for “fun.”

https://youtu.be/gWfaUlYfy-k

Pretty great game though. If you’re a metroidvania fan, it gets a definite thumbs up. 

Beat Hollow Knight - 31 hours, 74% completion. 

I tried some some of the content needed to get full completion and there’s just no possible way I would ever be able to do it. It’s over the top difficult type things.  Here’s a video of one of the trials. I got like 6 minutes into this trial and I just don’t have the patience / will / talent to go further just for “fun.”

https://youtu.be/gWfaUlYfy-k

Pretty great game though. If you’re a metroidvania fan, it gets a definite thumbs up. 
...and now that this is done, I’ve realized I’ve got little desire to play games right now. I might start Splinter a Cell Blacklist, maybe a rerun of the Bioshock trilogy, maybe Quantum Break. I don’t have a real drive to play any of these, though. 

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but Death Stranding looks both insane and awful to me so far.  Granted, I was not a huge Kojima fan to being with, but this is like "parody of Kojima" territory.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but Death Stranding looks both insane and awful to me so far.  Granted, I was not a huge Kojima fan to being with, but this is like "parody of Kojima" territory.
I’m one of the people who enjoyed like the first metal gear solid game, and then by the time I’m running around naked in the second one decided that those games weren’t made for me. I have zero doubt that it’s not up my alley. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any BL3 first hand impressions folks care to share? I don't buy anything on release date anymore because I never have time to play but still curious if it's as good as the others.

Buckna said:
Any BL3 first hand impressions folks care to share? I don't buy anything on release date anymore because I never have time to play but still curious if it's as good as the others.
Having fun with it so far. Just a few hours in.

There are some quality of life issues/options that were really hard to find in the menus. (couldnt figure out how to do toggle zoom instead of hold zoom until this morning. Driving controls are wonky but may have found a solution). I HATE the minimap while driving. Again, maybe its an option I'm missing but the map is so zoomed in that you can't really see the way to your way point when you're driving. Very easy to miss turns, forcing us to backtrack a bunch. Kinda need one person to drive and the other one to have the full map open so that they can call out when to turn.

The real fun will come once I start unlocking some more exotic guns and skills and face more interesting enemies. I'm also not wild about my character choice but need to give it some more time. I chose Moze (wanted to play as Zane as my primary, but my brother picked him too) and not loving her yet.

The gun play is fun, and there has been some good humor (some bad as well). I have to say, this game kinda inspires violence against little people, as the death animation for the midget enemies are fairly hilarious.

Having fun with it so far. Just a few hours in.

There are some quality of life issues/options that were really hard to find in the menus. (couldnt figure out how to do toggle zoom instead of hold zoom until this morning. Driving controls are wonky but may have found a solution). I HATE the minimap while driving. Again, maybe its an option I'm missing but the map is so zoomed in that you can't really see the way to your way point when you're driving. Very easy to miss turns, forcing us to backtrack a bunch. Kinda need one person to drive and the other one to have the full map open so that they can call out when to turn.

The real fun will come once I start unlocking some more exotic guns and skills and face more interesting enemies. I'm also not wild about my character choice but need to give it some more time. I chose Moze (wanted to play as Zane as my primary, but my brother picked him too) and not loving her yet.

The gun play is fun, and there has been some good humor (some bad as well). I have to say, this game kinda inspires violence against little people, as the death animation for the midget enemies are fairly hilarious.
The driving on Borderlands has always been bad unfortunately. 

I wonder if Moze will get better as you upgrade her skill tree. Some of the vault hunters in games past didn't get good until you unlocked certain skills/upgrades.

I'm probably leaving towards playing as Fl4k if/when I buy it. A friend and I are re-playing through BL2 right now and I'm playing it as a mechromancer and I'm enjoying tossing out the robot and having it go out and destroy people. Having a pet to use in a similar manner seems up my alley.

Probably going to end up waiting a couple more weeks to hear more feedback overall about the game before buying. Been burned way too many times on launch games now and as was pointed out to my previous post, the development of this game was all sorts of a mess internally.

Glad to hear some mostly positive feedback though. BL is one of my favorite series. Just fun games.

Honestly can't wait for the new Call of Duty game. First time in ages I'm able to type or say that and the new Ghost Recon looks amazing too 

I picked up BL3 for PS4.  I'm only a couple hours into it, but am enjoying it.  If you liked BL2, you will like BL3.  I'm not deep enough to understand the characters all that well, but the gameplay is solid, and there are some quality of life improvements they've made such as just being able to run over ammo/money to pick it up.

Honestly can't wait for the new Call of Duty game. First time in ages I'm able to type or say that and the new Ghost Recon looks amazing too 
Yeah I agree. A few friends and I used to play these when they were plain, vanilla games. This looks like it's going back to the basics and I'm ok with that. 

I am currently playing Far Cry New Dawn and Days Gone which I picked up on the cheap (total of $45 for both games).

I am taking a very long and over due hiatus from my normal sports gaming once I finish my 3rd season of my Yankees franchise on MLBTS19 which I started on 17 and have carried to each new iteration each season. We are about to start the post season in the ALDS vs Houston. Once that post season is over.....I am taking a long break and working on my enormous backlog of non sports titles. It is immense. 

So back to Far Cry New Dawn. It is a cool follow up to Far Cry 5. I am enjoying it as I love the FC series in general. 

Day's Gone is awesome. I just started it this morning and I can already tell I will get lost in this Zombie Apocalypse world for a very long time. 

Yeah I agree. A few friends and I used to play these when they were plain, vanilla games. This looks like it's going back to the basics and I'm ok with that. 
I would hope so but I watched footage and it still looks like coked out sprinters to me. We’ll see. 

Somehow I’ve gotten derailed from working through my game backlog by Starcraft 2 multiplayer. It’s been 8 years since I played, and for some inexplicable reason I got hooked again. Can’t remember another game I’ve picked back up again after such a long hiatus. 

Love what they are doing with COD characters and the fact there is collateral damage so you need to worry about if you kill civilians or not. Really makes it more realistic. 

Ghost is going into the rogue Soldier. Kind of realistic but I really like they are going with a fake place but using some environments and places they've liked around the world 

I would hope so but I watched footage and it still looks like coked out sprinters to me. We’ll see. 
I'm always more interested in the Campaign/storymodes of these games plus any DLC add ons to that. I'm not much of a MP guy but mostly because most of my Friends are Xbox guys and I've always stayed loyal to the Playstation and Sony. I've felt these games after they saw making bank in MP they totally ####ed over the people who played these games for the story/campaign similar to the sports games ####ting on Franchise modes for the Ultimate team etc crap 

About to get our third Xbox for the game room/man cave.  My older son is about to start his senior year, so I'm a little anxious to take any advantage of my limited daily time with him I have left.  He, I and my youngest (about to be a junior) love playing NBA2k.  We're getting the third Xbox so we can play 3 on 3 as a team at the playground.

I coached both of them in grade school and middle school, so the three of us are on the same page basketball wise.  It will be interesting to see if it works in the game.
Have finally got a few sessions in with the boys in NBA2k.  Having a great time playing 3v3 with them at the playground taking on strangers.  Our players are only mid 80s, so if we face a team of 90+ players, we really can't compete.  However, if we play similar level players, we dominate.  Good times so far.

More Kingdom Come: Deliverance thoughts.

I really like this game a lot. It's essentially "Skyrim without magic/monsters, but with a better story, and tons of realism".  The first person perspective and world are similar to Skyrim. The skills and leveling are mostly "use it" as well - the more you do something, the better you get at it. 

This game is much more "Medieval Life Sim" than it is D&D Power Gaming. I've gotten decent with my sword, but I'm still never taking on an entire fort, and fighting 2 guys gives me pause. I did kill 4 guys last night, and survived by a sliver - first time I ever did that. Thank goodness the last guy ran away, or I would have died.

The pace of this game is impressive. You can spend an entire evening playing one in-game day. This makes the "you need to eat and sleep" a non-issue. I've played four hours and ate once (and food is easy to get). Not even a little annoying like it is with other games that have this "feature". If this point turns you off to the game, trust me, it's a complete non-issue.

The game forces you to play on its timeframe and societal rules. When you're in a Town, get cleaned up and take off your bloody, beaten up armor. Before you leave, put it back on. Find the inn (every town has one), and buy a bed for the night so you can save the game. Yea, saving is not "whenever you want". But it works, because the game isn't cheap either - you're not getting ambushed by a bear every ten feet either. And don't jump off a roof - you will definitely hurt yourself. And I still can't use my bow in combat worth a damn.

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a pick-up-and-play casual game like Skyrim somewhat is. This game is for someone who liked Skyrim, but could deal with it being harder with a lot more realism, and doesn't mind not being the most powerful guy in the town. 
So, I finally got this game a few weeks ago, and am about 25-30% in.  Loving it so far.  The only negative I have with it is the combat seems clunky to me, and I can't pick a lock if my life depended on it. Very cool game though.  

It's been like 5 years since I last went thru some of the cinema like QTE games (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls). Last week, I just started Until Dawn. Having fun with that one. Then after that at some point this winter I'll get into Detroit.

Youtuber calls out Ronnie2K and NBA2K for blatant false advertising and lying

I'll admit I bought the game and splurge and bought some VC. Why? Literally the only way to make your player any thing competition in parks and the story mode. However I agree with a lot this guy says. 
Sorry, I've been busy with work, family and playing NBA 2k20 / Rocket League to post my thoughts and progress. 

First of all, I wish I could respec.  Thankfully, I only spent VC that I made through the game on my first build, but I realized he needed some tweaking, so I only got him to 70 before starting from scratch and I wound up pulling out another 6 badges out of a similar build, just by re-imagining a few of the stats.   My game came with some bonus VC, so that's all the extra VC I've used.  As I mentioned before, I'm going to try to play completely without buying extra VC this year.  So far my 6'8" 3-Level PF (based on a mix of Karl Malone / Larry Johnson) is at 90.  I'm comfortable with him, although I wish I would've gone with more defense and less play-making.  

My MyTeam is just ok so far, but I'm fine with that.  Without spending any money, I know I'm gonna have to be grinding through Domination and the other game modes to get my points up and get enough unlocks to compete.  But I found my playbook and I can hang with anything the game has thrown at me so far.  

So far the game is much better than 2k18 was.  I don't feel pressured into buying anything else yet and I hope it stays that way. 

So, I finally got this game a few weeks ago, and am about 25-30% in.  Loving it so far.  The only negative I have with it is the combat seems clunky to me, and I can't pick a lock if my life depended on it. Very cool game though.  
So....the better Henry gets at combat the more fluid and easier it becomes. It’s clunky cause he sucks at first. 

SlaX said:
Sorry, I've been busy with work, family and playing NBA 2k20 / Rocket League to post my thoughts and progress. 

First of all, I wish I could respec.  Thankfully, I only spent VC that I made through the game on my first build, but I realized he needed some tweaking, so I only got him to 70 before starting from scratch and I wound up pulling out another 6 badges out of a similar build, just by re-imagining a few of the stats.   My game came with some bonus VC, so that's all the extra VC I've used.  As I mentioned before, I'm going to try to play completely without buying extra VC this year.  So far my 6'8" 3-Level PF (based on a mix of Karl Malone / Larry Johnson) is at 90.  I'm comfortable with him, although I wish I would've gone with more defense and less play-making.  

My MyTeam is just ok so far, but I'm fine with that.  Without spending any money, I know I'm gonna have to be grinding through Domination and the other game modes to get my points up and get enough unlocks to compete.  But I found my playbook and I can hang with anything the game has thrown at me so far.  

So far the game is much better than 2k18 was.  I don't feel pressured into buying anything else yet and I hope it stays that way. 
I've gotten to an 85 playmaking PG. I'm still not hitting my open 3s consistently but I think I'm missing one more badge. I do like the fact theres multiple opportunities to earn more VC and even renegotiate your deals with sponsors faster. I'n getting 15% discount and 4K VC on Beats for 2 appearances now

What I've found with builds (and maybe this is a noon observation because while I've played this since the Jordan version, this is the first one I play extensively in the park) the all or nothing builds seem to be dominant.  I tried to make a jack of all trades center, but I will go games against taller stronger centers and not get a single rebound.  Nothing is more frustrating than missing a dunk when your standing dunk is 95.

I've gotten to an 85 playmaking PG. I'm still not hitting my open 3s consistently but I think I'm missing one more badge. I do like the fact theres multiple opportunities to earn more VC and even renegotiate your deals with sponsors faster. I'n getting 15% discount and 4K VC on Beats for 2 appearances now
I've started to cheese the appearance fees.  You can max the appearance fee at 10k if you only take one incentive and zero store discount.

It's been like 5 years since I last went thru some of the cinema like QTE games (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls). Last week, I just started Until Dawn. Having fun with that one. Then after that at some point this winter I'll get into Detroit.
Until Dawn and Detroit are simply awesome. I just finished Detroit Become Human last month.

Phenomenal experience. 

Until Dawn and Detroit are simply awesome. I just finished Detroit Become Human last month.

Phenomenal experience. 
Both of these are fun games.  I preferred Until Dawn because I loved the campy 1980s slasher movie vibe, but that was just personal preference.

Never heard of it until right now. just looked at it and I am very intrigued. 
How do so many games get by me?  I feel like I pay attention and yet never heard of this game until you mention it.

It looks like an adorable 2d version of Dark Souls after viewing some game play.  I may have to give this a shot.

Last of Us 2 releases February 21st, 2020. I'm a bit surprised that they're releasing it so close to the end of the PS4s life cycle. Guessing they release an "Enhanced" version for the PS5 a year later.

Last of Us 2 releases February 21st, 2020. I'm a bit surprised that they're releasing it so close to the end of the PS4s life cycle. Guessing they release an "Enhanced" version for the PS5 a year later.
They did the same for the PS3 version. I preordered the Collectors Edition and I don't own a PS4. I'll either borrow a PS4 or wait till the PS5. Probably borrow one because it releases on a Friday... don't call or text that weekend.

GroveDiesel said:
Yeah, guaranteed double dip for them. :moneybag:  I can't fault them as long if the game turns out anywhere near as good as the 1st.

NewlyRetired said:
How do so many games get by me?  I feel like I pay attention and yet never heard of this game until you mention it.

It looks like an adorable 2d version of Dark Souls after viewing some game play.  I may have to give this a shot.
I was in the same boat. I think I confused it with darkest dungeon which also looks fairly good. I'm just not into the turn based combat. 

COD MWF Campaign Trailer

As per tradition I won't be touching Multiplayer in COD until I finish the Campaign. MWF 2 I finished in less then 24 hrs. Got it at the typical Midnight release (When it was still midnight and not 9PM) downloaded played till 5 in the morning woke up at 8 to be in Class for College at 9:15 got home at 3 finished the campaign at 10:30 that night 

GroveDiesel said:
TLOU was fantastic, but it was also the last Naughty Dog game that I enjoyed -- I strongly disliked Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: Lost Legacy.  I kind of doubt that they do the same kind of tonal shift with TLOU2 that they did with the last couple of Uncharteds, but I'm not sold on this one yet.

IvanKaramazov said:
Just to add to The Last of Us 2, there is not going to be multiplayer in this one.  This definitely bumps this game into "buy at deep discount" for me, because the multiplayer in the original was fantastic.
I’m the opposite. I didn’t realize the first one had multiplayer. I hate multiplayer,especially in games like this with such a great single-player experience because you know they have to take away something from that single-player campaign to fit multiplayer in.

Also, nothing ruins my gaming experience more than other people.

The Last of Us had multiplayer?????

And I'm the same, not sure I would even bother with it.  Not big on multi player anymore, especially with game like this.

There was multiplayer in the 1st one? Had no idea.

I won't buy on release date, partially because I don't buy anything on release date anymore (rarely any time to play) but because it's obviously going to be a double dip with an "enhanced" version coming for the PS5 like a year or so later.

Users who are viewing this thread