Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, SlaX said:

Thankfully for me, I play my EA Sports games via EA Access, so $30/year covers those games.  I don't mind having to wait a few months before playing the games.  I don't need the newest one on release.  I still feel that Madden 16 was the last time I enjoyed playing Madden.  Each one I've played since then has been worse than the last.  I haven't played Madden 20 yet, but from everything I've seen and heard, it's a literal copy of Madden 19 (to the point that you can still find the Madden 19 logo in parts of the game) - so assuming that's true, I've played Madden 20.  

I still feel that NBA 2k's best feature is their least played, and that's MyLeague.  The amount of customization you can do in NBA 2k20's MyLeague can keep that game enjoyable for a long time, even after the servers go offline in 2022.  MyPlayer is really fun, but the minimal amount of effort to make that mode better that they show just blows my mind.  MyTeam experiences a similar situation, but I have seen it get better over the last two years - and thankfully, you can still field a good enough team to compete without shelling out extra VC. (And I'm still holding up to my promise of not spending VC on MyTeam this year.  My wallet thanks me!)

I feel like the GM/Career mode is their best for 2K with the amount of customization you can do from expansion to actually voting on possible rule changes. I feel it adds a lot more realism. I like Madden Career mode a bit more because I can add draft classes again people create so I don't have a whole bunch of Joe Random's by my 5-6th season of the game. This year I did an offline league and played as Coach of every team so I could get the rosters as close to each week as possible. I also liked the new Face of the Franchise as you got to play more of a story. I ended up getting drafted by Den and I very much enjoy playing QB and just throwing or handing it off and see what the CPU does with it. I've found a great partnership with Courtland Sutton who's become like a possession Deep threat. Throw him 3-4 long balls with Playaction mixed in per game and I either end up with a long TD or a huge gain. It's fairly satisfying knowing I wasn't the one having to manually play as the receiver and then seeing Lindsey break one for a TD is entertaining. 

FiFA added this year custom manager which I've enjoyed. They really have some stuff in career manager mode to fix. They spend too much time with their Ultimate/My Team stuff which I never play. Career mode needs more stuff. I want to see clubs offering me players to sell me on a discount as they can't get rid of them or on loan, or to swap with one of my guys. Guys coming back from early loans because you made an agreement with their parent club to buy them or loan them with more playing time. More customization for players in career mode other then Jersey # and their shoes. Some more realism on fan chants and banners would be great. But I know I'm asking for a lot There's still a lot of FIFA players who play strictly career mode and not the UT garbage. They've taken out great features and never put them back in. one of the popular ones was creating your own club on you EA account on the FIFA website and downloading it to play. Guys created whole rosters with clubs with legends in and not in the game as well. I think if FIFA added PES customization with what it had it'd be great. I've yet to experiment with PES and if the price drops a bit more may do so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SlaX said:

My Intimidator will go off for shots that are taken on the opposite side of the paint when I'm defending weak side.   I play as TravJam on Xbox.  You're welcome to add me if I don't already have you.  

Nittany Dodger 🤝

Edited by Bull Dozier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Nittany Dodger 🤝

Added :hifive:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civilization Vi finally came out on PS4 and got of the PC only crapola.  Love this game. It's hard, and I can't seem to win, but I enjoy playing it quite a bit.

It's very in depth however

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I just order them on Target.  It's free shipping and it arrives either on the release date, or sometimes a day early.  Just saves me the trouble of having to go drive and buy it.  And they don't charge me until it ships. :shrug:

I just can't see spending that type of money before seeing reviews. I'm not dropping $60 day one to find out it sucks. I'd rather wait for it to be about half the price and well established/patched. Different strokes and all that. But I think I have paid full price once in the last three years or so, and that was Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Edited by DallasDMac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

I just can't see spending that type of money before seeing reviews. I'm not dropping $60 day one to find out it sucks. I'd rather wait for it to be about half the price and well established/patched. Different strokes and all that. But I think I have paid full price once in the last three years or so, and that was Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I might buy 3 games a year.  $180 in a year isn't going to break me.  :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Civilization Vi finally came out on PS4 and got of the PC only crapola.  Love this game. It's hard, and I can't seem to win, but I enjoy playing it quite a bit.

It's very in depth however

Look up Youtube videos by a guy name Potato McWhiskey.  I've got (supposedly) 3,000 hours in this game and continue to learn something every time he puts out a new vid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Civilization Vi finally came out on PS4 and got of the PC only crapola.  Love this game. It's hard, and I can't seem to win, but I enjoy playing it quite a bit.

It's very in depth however

Completely obsessed with this. Never played it before so I'm constantly reading up on stuff and watching videos.

It scratches almost every gaming itch I have. I'm losing all my free time playing it. It's kind of concerning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apple Juice said:

Completely obsessed with this. Never played it before so I'm constantly reading up on stuff and watching videos.

It scratches almost every gaming itch I have. I'm losing all my free time playing it. It's kind of concerning. 

Its so damn detailed.....Ive played about 4 games now and havent won yet.  But that's not super shocking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I might buy 3 games a year.  $180 in a year isn't going to break me.  :shrug:

Look at this guy,  Daddy Friggin War Bucks

 

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Its so damn detailed.....Ive played about 4 games now and havent won yet.  But that's not super shocking.  

It’s on iPad. I never understood enough to even get started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigmarc27 said:

It’s on iPad. I never understood enough to even get started. 

Its complicated for sure---but there are tons of resources out there.

Sim city on steroids I guess I would say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 9:37 AM, TheIronSheik said:

I just order them on Target.  It's free shipping and it arrives either on the release date, or sometimes a day early.  Just saves me the trouble of having to go drive and buy it.  And they don't charge me until it ships. :shrug:

I go with Amazon, but otherwise this is my approach for titles I'm really looking forward to as well.  I'm a FBG, so there is no way I'm actually going to trudge into a physical retailer like a lowly commoner.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

enjoying Warcraft 3 reforged.  bringing back a lot of memories.  prob my overall favorite RTS.  love the campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was cleaning out the basement and found an old box full of vintage games/systems. i have nes snes n64 & sega

some of these n64 games are selling for 50 bucks?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, need2know said:

enjoying Warcraft 3 reforged.  bringing back a lot of memories.  prob my overall favorite RTS.  love the campaign.

I looked into this but it got absolutely horrid reviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

I looked into this but it got absolutely horrid reviews. 

alot of people mad about how multiplayer is working and some bugs.  i havent seen any issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing Super Blood Hockey on PS4

 

8 bit old school hockey with an addictive franchise mode and addictive gameplay. Mindless easy fun.

Edited by Todem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

I looked into this but it got absolutely horrid reviews. 

 

8 hours ago, need2know said:

alot of people mad about how multiplayer is working and some bugs.  i havent seen any issues.

Game reviews today kinda suck. If you dig further, often times the bad reviews have a large percentage that are complaining about things that don’t even have anything to with the game or things that you can tell are just user error. 
 

Also, unless a game with MP releases with zero bugs, which is almost never, that can cripple a game and they often don’t recover even long after the bugs have been fixed. 

Edited by fissure man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need something new. May fire up FO4 again. Can't play 76 (I go solo and get swarmed). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fissure man said:

 

Game reviews today kinda suck. If you dig further, often times the bad reviews have a large percentage that are complaining about things that don’t even have anything to with the game or things that you can tell are just user error. 
 

Also, unless a game with MP releases with zero bugs, which is almost never, that can cripple a game and they often don’t recover even long after the bugs have been fixed. 

Blizzard did kinda screw the masses on this release.  They promised alot of stuff that's not in the game.  Doesnt really bother me.  The new graphics is enough for me.  It's just a remaster. I think some people thought they were going to get a bunch of new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February is a good month for PS+ with the Bioshock Collection, Sims 4 and Firewall Zero Hour all available for free with PS+.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, GroveDiesel said:

February is a good month for PS+ with the Bioshock Collection, Sims 4 and Firewall Zero Hour all available for free with PS+.

any suggestions on what to get? All 3 worth it? Been thinking of playing Sims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those sports and baseball fans MLB The Show 20 just realesed a game play trailer and new features. Mo Rivera is back as a legend, Shane Victorino and Gary Sheffield are 3 of the new legends in the game. Franchise now has relocation with changing everything from logo and team indenty to name and location. Also MLB will have FULL MINORS no that is not a typo and yes it's the name of the Operation Sports team led by Ridin'down Kinglsey (A Phillies fan too) who use to get the game and work in partnership with MLB The Show (Non paid) to create real minor league rosters for years. Not sure if Single A will get real names but AA and AAA will. MLBPA and MLB came to an agreement to license real players in the minors. This should make Franchise mode and RTTS a lot better and not have to wait another 3 weeks or so for OPS roster to come out. 

RTTS also has some new chemistry features and such that will be more realistic. They also renamed the outfield fielding mechanics after doing the same for the INF last year which came in handy. I'm not getting many games lately but this years MLB TheShow is looking like a must have. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need some advice. Been away from gaming for about 10 years. Played a lot of Madden, Diablo 2 back in the day. Bought kids a switch last Xmas and really enjoyed Zelda:Breath of the Wild. Gaming has come so far in that chunk of time. Looking at getting a Xbox one now. More for me until kids get older. Very reasonably priced at $170 for all digital edition on amazon. Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tBNuEb7XE4VV3
 

1) Any recommendations on digital vs disc gaming?  Cost of digital vs hard disc any diffferent?

2) What are the must have games for Xbox one?  Taking any and all suggestions as I just haven’t kept up on it.

 

Thanks for the advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gangrenengold said:

Need some advice. Been away from gaming for about 10 years. Played a lot of Madden, Diablo 2 back in the day. Bought kids a switch last Xmas and really enjoyed Zelda:Breath of the Wild. Gaming has come so far in that chunk of time. Looking at getting a Xbox one now. More for me until kids get older. Very reasonably priced at $170 for all digital edition on amazon. Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tBNuEb7XE4VV3
 

1) Any recommendations on digital vs disc gaming?  Cost of digital vs hard disc any diffferent?

2) What are the must have games for Xbox one?  Taking any and all suggestions as I just haven’t kept up on it.

 

Thanks for the advice!

Biggest downfall with digital is you can't sell the game after you are done playing it. It is also tied to your gamer id so if you have multiple ID's (which you will as the children get older), they will have to either be signed in on the "home" Xbox or signed in under your if on a different xbox.   Biggest advantage with digital gaming is with children, you don't have to worry about discs getting lost or damaged. We switched to digital a while ago and definitely don't regret it.  Discs are pretty much worthless when you try to sell them or trade them in anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, snellman said:

Biggest downfall with digital is you can't sell the game after you are done playing it. It is also tied to your gamer id so if you have multiple ID's (which you will as the children get older), they will have to either be signed in on the "home" Xbox or signed in under your if on a different xbox.   Biggest advantage with digital gaming is with children, you don't have to worry about discs getting lost or damaged. We switched to digital a while ago and definitely don't regret it.  Discs are pretty much worthless when you try to sell them or trade them in anyway.

Thanks. Not sure if I’ll go digital or not. Just saw that was cheaper. Figure I could get some used discs for cheap from a GameStop. Any game recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, gangrenengold said:

Thanks. Not sure if I’ll go digital or not. Just saw that was cheaper. Figure I could get some used discs for cheap from a GameStop. Any game recommendations?

I’ve been all digital for years. It’s convenient but more expensive for the games. I share my titles with my son by setting his Xbox as my home one. I still have and will always have the disc version of the Xbox as my son will occasionally rent movies. Even with disc games you have to install it to your Xbox so you’ll need plenty of drive space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently playing Yakuza 0, which I picked up on sale for $10 a while back.  Never played a game in this franchise before.  It's fun, but it's also the most "Japanese" game I've ever played by far.  It's really, really quirky.  Lots of rhythm-based mini-games, Japanese-only dialog with subtitles (really good voice acting though), women blatantly objectified in a way that even somebody like me thinks is kind of over the line, etc.  Still a fun change of pace and a good way to kill of my backlog before RE3 drops.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gangrenengold said:

Need some advice. Been away from gaming for about 10 years. Played a lot of Madden, Diablo 2 back in the day. Bought kids a switch last Xmas and really enjoyed Zelda:Breath of the Wild. Gaming has come so far in that chunk of time. Looking at getting a Xbox one now. More for me until kids get older. Very reasonably priced at $170 for all digital edition on amazon. Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tBNuEb7XE4VV3
 

1) Any recommendations on digital vs disc gaming?  Cost of digital vs hard disc any diffferent?

2) What are the must have games for Xbox one?  Taking any and all suggestions as I just haven’t kept up on it.

 

Thanks for the advice!

I prefer digital and there’s all kinds of deals on digital games.  If I were you, just get that and then the Xbox games pass...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
 

You don’t own them, it’s kind of like Spotify for games. From that list though, I’d highly recommend:

GTA V

Witcher 3

Ori

Batman Arkham City

Braid

...and that’s just by page 2. 
 

One caveat to all this, if you’re going digital make sure you have solid internet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gangrenengold said:

Need some advice. Been away from gaming for about 10 years. Played a lot of Madden, Diablo 2 back in the day. Bought kids a switch last Xmas and really enjoyed Zelda:Breath of the Wild. Gaming has come so far in that chunk of time. Looking at getting a Xbox one now. More for me until kids get older. Very reasonably priced at $170 for all digital edition on amazon. Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tBNuEb7XE4VV3
 

1) Any recommendations on digital vs disc gaming?  Cost of digital vs hard disc any diffferent?

2) What are the must have games for Xbox one?  Taking any and all suggestions as I just haven’t kept up on it.

 

Thanks for the advice!

 

If youre gonna do it this late in the party (which is awesome), I'd recommend the Xboxone X and a 4k TV. 

 

You and the kids are going to have access to what is quite possibly the best catalog of video games thats ever graced a console period. The amount of games, more importantly the quality of the  games is staggering. 

What kind of games are you interested in?

 

I ted to play RPGs so right off the bat I would say:

Dark Souls Remastered (and the rest of the series as my all time favorite)

Bioshock remastered

Red Dead Redemption 2

Fallout 4

Elder Scrolls Skyrim

 

Others can chime in with theirs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I prefer digital and there’s all kinds of deals on digital games.  If I were you, just get that and then the Xbox games pass...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
 

You don’t own them, it’s kind of like Spotify for games. From that list though, I’d highly recommend:

 

Batman Arkham City

 

 

I'd recommend the Arkham Asylum (remastered) version first. For several reasons. One, I think its a better game. Two, it will ease the player into the controls. Personally, I didn't like any of the other games and felt like they were just more of the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A second for the XBOX game pass.  

For the less than a price of a game per month you get a very wide catalog of games with additional being added.   Some may argue that many are older games, but if you have been out of gaming for 10 years, they will all be like new to you

How old are the children?  I haven't looked at younger kids games lately because mine left at home are 12 and 17, but I would imagine there will be a pretty good selection of games for younger children on there.  While you don't own them, you can play a game, uninstall it and reinstall it later if you want.

As was stated earlier, make sure you have a good internet connection, also buy an external HD when you purchase the xbox for storage of games because they will take up space in a hurry.

$170 for the xbox (make sure you buy a 2nd controller)

game pass 15 per month

gold  $60 for a year

will have you pretty well set for quite a while.  Keep your eye out because you can find specials on Gold and game pass from time to time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so far. This will be used on a 4K tv.  Is the X version that much superior over the S?  Oldest kid is 10. Starting to hand draw maps for Zelda so definitely taking an interest now.  I’ll check out game pass. That looks interesting. So far games on this wish list of those mentioned are:

 

Red Dead Redemption 2
Dark Souls

 

ill check out the rest of the list later  any more recommendations?  Best/favorite Xbox one games?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gangrenengold said:

Thanks so far. This will be used on a 4K tv.  Is the X version that much superior over the S?  Oldest kid is 10. Starting to hand draw maps for Zelda so definitely taking an interest now.  I’ll check out game pass. That looks interesting. So far games on this wish list of those mentioned are:

 

Red Dead Redemption 2
Dark Souls

 

ill check out the rest of the list later  any more recommendations?  Best/favorite Xbox one games?

 

If you’re on a 4K tv, I’d buy up to the X. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fissure man said:

 

I'd recommend the Arkham Asylum (remastered) version first. For several reasons. One, I think its a better game. Two, it will ease the player into the controls. Personally, I didn't like any of the other games and felt like they were just more of the same. 

You didnt like the other batman's after asylum?  Asylum was great but was very linear.  All the others after were so much more open and so much more to do.  Just kinda weird to me that you liked the first one and not the ones that built on that but did a hell of alot more

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gangrenengold said:

Need some advice. Been away from gaming for about 10 years. Played a lot of Madden, Diablo 2 back in the day. Bought kids a switch last Xmas and really enjoyed Zelda:Breath of the Wild. Gaming has come so far in that chunk of time. Looking at getting a Xbox one now. More for me until kids get older. Very reasonably priced at $170 for all digital edition on amazon. Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tBNuEb7XE4VV3
 

1) Any recommendations on digital vs disc gaming?  Cost of digital vs hard disc any diffferent?

2) What are the must have games for Xbox one?  Taking any and all suggestions as I just haven’t kept up on it.

 

Thanks for the advice!

Can't help on games to have (Playstation guy) but I'd recommend Madden, if he's into soccer Fifa and MLB The Show after being a PS exclusive can be had on XB now and definite get for baseball. Hard for me to recommend appropriate games if I don't know your kids ages. For you Red Dead Redemption 2 (If you have a lot of free time you will thank us for this big time). Halo remastered I heard is fairly good if you were ever into that. Call of Duty the new ModerWarfare was really good best one in a very long time and they re added fan favorites into the game multiplayer wise from the original COD MW. 

As for #1 there's no cost difference. Only difference is if you are getting a collectors edition of the game the price can be more and its the same for digital and physical copies. I'd recommend going to the store to buy collectors though as some of the Physical bonus content you can get may not come with a Digital copy. For Example when I bought Mafia 2 I got 2 Vinyls, a hardback art book and a physical map of the city the game as well as Dogtags and cup holder. For what I paid for this Collectors edition the amount of physical stuff I got with it included is amazing. The Cup holders I use for parties and stuff and my dad loves the records as a lot of the music old time stuff he likes. Another difference is if you want to keep costs low you will want to be able to trade games into Gamestop. I know it can be a rip off but I use to work there and I can help you maximize your trade ins and all. others I'm sure have their owns tips too. Digital copies in the long run you will be paying more as with trade ins can get the cost down. Digital is cool for the free games or a game thats really discounted. I played the Sniper Series Digital given how cheap it was downloaded digital form. I wasn't going to get much trade in if I bought at Gamestop other then maybe some buy 1 get one free used or whatever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, need2know said:

You didnt like the other batman's after asylum?  Asylum was great but was very linear.  All the others after were so much more open and so much more to do.  Just kinda weird to me that you liked the first one and not the ones that built on that but did a hell of alot more

It was all more of the same and the difficulty ramps up to the point it goes from fun action game to tedious annoying stealth and QuickTime events. 
 

Kinda like the Assassins Creed games. I played the first one til completion and never could force myself to finish any of the rest of the series. I tried playing every third or so AC but 10 minutes in I was like, ok, this again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downloaded Civ 6 and was all excited playing it.  Played for about 2 hours before I got annihilated.  Started up a second game and played a different strategy of trying to be more militaristic only to get annihilated again.  Both times by "friends."  I'm playing the easiest setting and can't seem to figure this out.  I used to love this game on the PC about 15 years ago.  Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent most of the last six months playing Obsidian games. I recently finished The Outer Worlds, which was... fine?  Interesting premise, but they sort of beat the central theme/joke to death. More disappointing was the lack of any real character development or NPC depth - this definitely felt like a budget version of Fallout New Vegas set in space. I enjoyed it well enough, but not enough to replay it. 
 

Tyranny (PC only) I enjoyed more - it’s pretty text heavy and thus is able to more fully develop the game world and lore. There’s also a crazy amount of variety in terms of how events play out based on your choices. That said, it also felt like a game that had its budget cut late in the process - very abbreviated final act, and far less meaningful interactions (in terms of depth and relationship building) with other characters than even Outer Worlds. Hopefully with the Microsoft acquisition, Obsidian will be able to throw AAA game resources at their projects again. 

Edited by thecatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Downloaded Civ 6 and was all excited playing it.  Played for about 2 hours before I got annihilated.  Started up a second game and played a different strategy of trying to be more militaristic only to get annihilated again.  Both times by "friends."  I'm playing the easiest setting and can't seem to figure this out.  I used to love this game on the PC about 15 years ago.  Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong. 

https://www.cheatcc.com/pc/civilization6cheatscodes.html    👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 9:37 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

I'm currently playing Yakuza 0, which I picked up on sale for $10 a while back.  Never played a game in this franchise before.  It's fun, but it's also the most "Japanese" game I've ever played by far.  It's really, really quirky.  Lots of rhythm-based mini-games, Japanese-only dialog with subtitles (really good voice acting though), women blatantly objectified in a way that even somebody like me thinks is kind of over the line, etc.  Still a fun change of pace and a good way to kill of my backlog before RE3 drops.   

I never played till a guy at GameStop had me get Yakuza 0. I love it. First time I played an entirely Japanese based game. Was always interested in trying them but series started on PS2 and by the point I wanted to play it was PS4 I had. The guy at Gamestop basically told me they were remastering the series as I told him I wanted to play the series in chronological order. Yakuza 0 is the prequel and I've played up until Kiwami. The Series is great if you like fighting based games that don't necessary use firearms and only uses weapons other then your fist and legs like bats, trash cans etc. It's a different experience but the storyline even in Japanese is easy to follow. They just came out with a collection for Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5. I've yet to play 2 do to some issues finance wise I had and a backlog of games I needed to play. I normally reserve Yakuza for the summer when I only have really MLB The Show to play 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 9:37 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

I'm currently playing Yakuza 0, which I picked up on sale for $10 a while back.  Never played a game in this franchise before.  It's fun, but it's also the most "Japanese" game I've ever played by far.  It's really, really quirky.  Lots of rhythm-based mini-games, Japanese-only dialog with subtitles (really good voice acting though), women blatantly objectified in a way that even somebody like me thinks is kind of over the line, etc.  Still a fun change of pace and a good way to kill of my backlog before RE3 drops.   

I tried this one and got stuck on the first boss fight and gave up.  Interested to see if you like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Thorn said:

I tried this one and got stuck on the first boss fight and gave up.  Interested to see if you like it.

The first boss fight took me a couple of tries to get past.  Everything else has been pretty easy.  

There is a very long "accumulate a bunch of real estate" sub-game in and another very long "run a successful night-club" game in back-to-back chapters.  Fortunately I have enjoyed both of these, but they could turn into grinds for people who just want to beat up yakuza thugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WampusCat43 said:

Potato McWhiskey - huge selection of help videos

Saxy Gamer - another good one

I've got (supposedly) 3,500 hours in this game. 🤡

I started a third game and used a bigger map.  At about the same time as the other games (very early on), 4 nations declared war on me (no idea why).  But this time, I was so far away from them that we made peace before they could get their troops to me.  

I'm doing better, but I'm still lagging behind.  I went to war with someone and my swordsmen attacked them only to be bombarded by biplanes.  Like WTH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castevania symphony of the night now on mobile.  3 bucks.  Looks like a great port.  Loved that game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I started a third game and used a bigger map.  At about the same time as the other games (very early on), 4 nations declared war on me (no idea why).  But this time, I was so far away from them that we made peace before they could get their troops to me.  

I'm doing better, but I'm still lagging behind.  I went to war with someone and my swordsmen attacked them only to be bombarded by biplanes.  Like WTH?

Got (way) behind in the tech race.  Got to build those campuses/libraries/universities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.