Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Still cranking on with Days Gone.  Just finished the big mission(s) at Iron Mike's camp.  

The boss fight on PCP with only a knife was 'interesting' but actually not that hard.

Borderlands 3 was fun, but I didn't have the motivation to go back and play it over again as much as I did Bl2. And I haven't really been all that motivated to play the DLC either.

Good game, glad I bought it and played through it a couple of times. But not a classic. The story and characters definitely were not nearly as good.  I played as Moze, and even though I was able to put together a pretty insane high-damage build,  it just wasn't as fun to play as the previous game.  Handsome Jack was just a much more interesting antagonist than those stupid twins.  I also enjoyed the enemy designs on Bl2 more.

Posted (edited)

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

Edited by need2know

1 hour ago, need2know said:

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.

2 hours ago, need2know said:

Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 

18 minutes ago, phandango said:

Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 

yes getting them to fight each other is always the way to go.   I am still able to stealth kill alot of enemies.  I also enjoy throwing the moltovs on anything

42 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.

not there yet.  guess i will find out soon what you are referring to

2 hours ago, jobarules said:

I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:38 AM, E Street Brat said:

Is either Days Gone or Last of Us on PC?

A quick google from my phone is kind of confusing me.

Is there anything like the above for the XB1?

1 hour ago, bcdjr1 said:

I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

I just didn't like building up Elle and now I have to build up Abby [/spolier]

On 6/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, E Street Brat said:

Is either Days Gone or Last of Us on PC?

A quick google from my phone is kind of confusing me.

I think you can get TLOU on your PC through the Sony PS Now service.  It's a Stadia competitor (afaik) in that it streams to your PC using a subscription model.  

I caved recently and subscribed to play Bloodborne and TLOU.  the PS Now app is janky, at best, during signing in, sometimes stalls, and the streamed quality can vary depending on whatever affects bandwidth.  But am I playing Bloodborne?  Yup.  Haven't tried TLOU yet.  Days Gone does not appear to be on the roster.  

Hopefully this isn't spoiler-y. In The Last of Us 2, there are flashbacks. I was like, "Phew! I can't die in a flashback because then future Ellie wouldn't exist and the game would collapse on itself, forming a singularity." Apparently I'm wrong! Now there's a black hole in our playroom.

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 

8 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 

I loved 3 but 4 got super weird and I never finished it. Curious to hear your thoughts as you go from 3-5. 

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

I loved 3 but 4 got super weird and I never finished it. Curious to hear your thoughts as you go from 3-5. 

I'll update. Now, you got me wondering how weird "super weird" is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

I'll update. Now, you got me wondering how weird "super weird" is.

I don’t want to spoil anything but if you agree you’ll see when you get to that point lol. 

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

6 minutes ago, prosopis said:

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.

I stumbled back into GTA online after hardly touching it when the game first came out.  This is a darn fun game after all the expansions and updates.  It's taken a bit of grinding to get to this point, but money is really no problem now that I'm past some of the paywalls.

3 hours ago, prosopis said:

The gas cans are helpful when you want to get from one side of the map to another, especially before upgrading your gas tank. Trying to get your bike somewhere when you’re out of gas is a huge pain. There aren’t that many gas stations around. You won’t notice it as much near the beginning when you’re only dealing with part of the map, but it will be more apparent as the map expands.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.

I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?

12 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?

I was basing my comment on this: " I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. " It sounded as if you were off exploring and not following the mission path. My bad if I misunderstood.

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

I was basing my comment on this: " I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. " It sounded as if you were off exploring and not following the mission path. My bad if I misunderstood.

I am riding the motorcycle to a destination but as I go I am told to stop and burn these nests. Should I just blow past those to get to my destination?

3 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I am riding the motorcycle to a destination but as I go I am told to stop and burn these nests. Should I just blow past those to get to my destination?

Those are just small side objectives not the main mission.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Those are just small side objectives not the main mission.

Cool I will start skipping that stuff.

26 minutes ago, prosopis said:

Cool I will start skipping that stuff.

Some of them give you upgrades i believe. Its been awhile. I did everything

I was thinking about getting Jedi fallen but it's still like $50 on the PS Store. Is it worth it at that price or should I wait for it to drop down or maybe go see what Gamestop wants for a Used version of the game? 

56 minutes ago, prosopis said:

You cannot fast travel between locations if there is a nest infestation along the route. So it does pay to clear them out eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

One hint about weapons. The best melee weapon is in the open world. But it is much later in the game and you will probably find a few of them without looking too hard. At least I did. 

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I was thinking about getting Jedi fallen but it's still like $50 on the PS Store. Is it worth it at that price or should I wait for it to drop down or maybe go see what Gamestop wants for a Used version of the game? 

This just went on sale for $30 at Gamestop. 

• Thanks 2

What's the main story playtime on Borderlands 3? I know I am early in the game, just got to Promethea. I'm trying to get in to this one but it seems like a slog, especially when I start getting sucked in to side missions.

Also, man I wish there was LESS stuff. The amount of time I spend sorting  through and trying to decide what weapons to sell which to keep, etc. is just such a time sink. I'd be a whole lot happier with a whole lot less loot to sort through.

Also how good is Days Gone? Is it decently scary, Kind of LOL Zombies, etc? This was a game I thinking about getting but didn't see enough reviews to say yes or no 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Also how good is Days Gone? Is it decently scary, Kind of LOL Zombies, etc? This was a game I thinking about getting but didn't see enough reviews to say yes or no 

I am playing now. Zombies are pretty cool and I came across a swarm which was crazy. It is feeling a little redundant to me but I am really just starting to figure it out. I for sure liked Last of Us better. This one in my opinion is lacking a good story line so far. It is fun killing zombies and blowing stuff up though.

1 minute ago, prosopis said:

I am playing now. Zombies are pretty cool and I came across a swarm which was crazy. It is feeling a little redundant to me but I am really just starting to figure it out. I for sure liked Last of Us better. This one in my opinion is lacking a good story line so far. It is fun killing zombies and blowing stuff up though.

To be fair, not a whole lot of games out there can hold up against LOU.

3 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

To be fair, not a whole lot of games out there can hold up against LOU.

I dont know enough about games to know this. I do believe it though. That was a really well done game.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

What's the main story playtime on Borderlands 3? I know I am early in the game, just got to Promethea. I'm trying to get in to this one but it seems like a slog, especially when I start getting sucked in to side missions.

Also, man I wish there was LESS stuff. The amount of time I spend sorting  through and trying to decide what weapons to sell which to keep, etc. is just such a time sink. I'd be a whole lot happier with a whole lot less loot to sort through.

Twins are evil and kill sirens to steal their powers and rule the world. To be honest the story kind of sucks. The twins are more annoying that scary or entertaining. The side characters are mostly boring and downright obnoxious, and you’ll find that despite doing all the work, the other characters basically treat you like an afterthought.

I honestly wouldn’t worry a ton of sorting through weapons. Find ones you like to use and use them until they don’t kill people easily anymore.

Edited by GroveDiesel

I just started Disco Elysium, now that it is available for the Mac.  I have no idea what to expect.  I have tinkered around in the game for about 30 mins.  So far, it's more like a good book than a good game.  

It's a promising beginning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, streamkeeper said:

I just started Disco Elysium, now that it is available for the Mac.  I have no idea what to expect.  I have tinkered around in the game for about 30 mins.  So far, it's more like a good book than a good game.  

It's a promising beginning.

I am really looking forward to this coming out on consoles.  Looks like a cool change of pace.

15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Days Gone is a good game.  I am still playing it and really enjoying it.  It's more open world than TLOU. 

It is somewhat scary, but not for horror reasons...  more for 'oh ####, where did that mass of zombies come from' reasons.  

14 hours ago, prosopis said:

I also think the story picks up quite a bit and gets to be pretty good.  There's lots of cinematic moments as well, but I like that type of thing.  

After the patch coming this Wednesday, I'm going to go full tilt grinding to Diamond in Teamfight Tactics. My favorite autobattler by leaps and bounds.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, Maik Jeaunz said:

I'm a big Star Wars fan, and trying to work my way through Jedi Fallen Order, and it turns out I just don't find it that entertaining. jump to this cliff, climb these vines, slide down some ice and then mistime your jump so you fly off into the abyss...ugh. even the combat (as a Jedi!) isn't that fun. if it wasn't SW, I probably would have dropped it already. am I doing it wrong?

On 5/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

This is disappointing. I almost picked this up because I keep hearing how the combat is similar to Dark Souls (albeit easier). 

On 5/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, need2know said:

I thought it was great.   I see some of what he's saying but its still the best star wars game out right now

On 5/13/2020 at 4:47 PM, Maik Jeaunz said:

well, let me say that it looks amazing. they really captured the Star Wars vibe, and the environments are beautiful. and blocking blaster bolts with your lightsaber, and sending them back at the shooter is wildly satisfying.

but for me, there are 2 things that don't really hit. first, I guess maybe I'm not a huge fan of jump puzzles. it's a lot of jumping from one ledge to another, swinging on a vine, scaling a wall, etc. I can deal with some of that, but that is literally all that this is, other than the combat. so second, the combat is pretty frustrating. I hear a lot of people compare it to Dark Souls, so if you like that, then maybe you would like this. I've never played DS, but if this is what it's like, I'll pass. the whole experience is about blocking and parrying, and if you don't get it right, a swamp rat or insect can take half of your health in one bite. or maybe a goat knocks you off a cliff. and if you're fighting multiple enemies, the camera is pretty wonky. it's cool to have the lightsaber, but it's just not very satisfying to me.

I may keep playing it to finish out the story, and I know some people really like it, but I think once I finish it I won't ever be tempted to play it again.

All true. This is Tomb Raider with a mild version of Dark Souls’ combat. 

Looks great but I spend too much time platforming. It’s just not very fun so far. I’ll keep at it for a little more.

Any tips on which force upgrades I should go for early to mid game?

20 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Looks great but I spend too much time platforming. It’s just not very fun so far. I’ll keep at it for a little more.

Also, when you finish a level, there is usually no quick way back to your ship.  There may be a shortcut or two, but you still have to navigate backwards through the level using a map that looks cool but isn't really that helpful.  I don't mind that the developers weren't able to make the levels loop back on themselves like From always does, but at least give us fast travel back to the ship in that case.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Any tips on which force upgrades I should go for early to mid game?

I go for the health and force increase first.    Stim pack increases.   Anything that increases defense and force.  Also like the pull and push stuff. The lightsaber throw is a waste.  Ypu will end up with most of it.   Get all the stim packs for the robot

• Thanks 1

Picked up an Oculus Quest over the weekend and I have to say that I have been blown away.

The VR immersion is truly fantastic and you can easily forget you're playing a video game.  There's a roller coaster game that makes me feel physically almost exactly like riding an actual roller coaster.

Amazing. 

25 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Picked up an Oculus Quest over the weekend and I have to say that I have been blown away.

The VR immersion is truly fantastic and you can easily forget you're playing a video game.  There's a roller coaster game that makes me feel physically almost exactly like riding an actual roller coaster.

Amazing. 

This his likely the next step for me. Just holding out for a little while longer. 

I have every intention of skipping in the next gen system but now my youngest has started playing xbox with her friends so I may need to keep up with her friends. 

1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

This his likely the next step for me. Just holding out for a little while longer. 

I have every intention of skipping in the next gen system but now my youngest has started playing xbox with her friends so I may need to keep up with her friends. 

I've been pretty blah on video games the last few years, but the Quest is a brand new experience.  I also kind of like the fact that since you're moving or standing it's perfect for like hour long gaming periods instead of hours on end.  Every time I put the headset on I'm amazed. 

Really enjoying Last of Us 2, but I'm a huge baby when it comes to jump scares in games. The levels "The Descent" and "Ground Zero" might have given me ulcers. "Ground Zero" especially just filled me with dread. I never use game guides unless I'm totally stumped or there's a boss I can't beat, but I'm a middle-aged man who is trying to avoid cardiac arrest, so I pulled up the walkthrough on the "Ground Zero" level to avoid any surprises. :bag:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Finished TLoU2. Liked it, didn't love it. First one way better. Looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima 

Also recently finished last of us 2. Great game.   Tried upping the difficulty and its damn near impossible.    No resources or ammo.   Enemies cannot be snuck up on.   Its crazy.  The custom difficulty option is  really nice though.

1 minute ago, need2know said:

Also recently finished last of us 2. Great game.   Tried upping the difficulty and its damn near impossible.    No resources or ammo.   Enemies cannot be snuck up on.   Its crazy.  The custom difficulty option is  really nice though.

First time thru I played on Hard. There was only one part with dogs that took me a lot of tries.