What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Fire emblem - Three Houses has a social system and a calendar, but besides the heavy Japanese influence the games are not very similar outside of that.

I am trying to avoid spoilers, but when running through the palaces is there ever loot that I need to search for? Do I have to inspect the barrels/crates, etc?
No need to search everything. Just tap L1 whenever you're in a new room/hall to highlight the breakable items and chests for loot.

Just bought Jedi Fallen Order on sale and am kinda stoked about it. Haven't bought a new game in a long while with game pass adding good content. 

I miss when Gears was good. 😭
The fact that you OF all people haven’t conquered Dark Souls is one of the most egregious travesties in the history of gaming. I’d give my left nut to experience DS again for the first time. 

Ok, slight hyperbole but not far off. If you put anytime into this nonsense over DS, youre just adding insult to injury!

:grad:

Last edited by a moderator:
3 hour lunch said:
Nice. I really just want to play the main story line- stick to the missions? 
You will like it just sticking to the missions as long as you go back to the strip club occasionally

IvanKaramazov said:
You're in for a great experience -- GTA5 is/was a fantastic game.  Far better than GTA4.

I mentioned earlier that I jumped back into GTA online a couple of months ago, and I'm still finding it a lot of fun.  I spend about 99% of my online time just grinding away for money, following a little cycle of Robbery In Progress, Sightseer, Diamond Shopping, vehicle source/sale, rinse/repeat.  Throw in the the occasional bunker sale and nightclub sale and I estimate that I can make about $350K per hour.  It's getting a little stale now that I've purchased literally everything I could possibly need for business-related activities, and I think I'll probably try doing some other stuff once I build up a nest egg. 
Dumb question but is GTA online a completely separate game that you have to buy?

The fact that you OF all people haven’t conquered Dark Souls is one of the most egregious travesties in the history of gaming. I’d give my left nut to experience DS again for the first time. 

Ok, slight hyperbole but not far off. If you put anytime into this nonsense over DS, youre just adding insult to injury!

:grad:

It's called marriage to, or previously dating, a gamer. Dainty wants to play co-op games every time we game. If i'm working or hanging with others, she will fire up the Sims/Mario/Pokemon, but if i'm home then it is co-op gaming 100% of the time. Ask my best man, the day I meet her was the day single player games died in my life. I have Red Dead 2, Civilization VI, FFXV, XCOM2, and a million other single player titles sitting 20-50% beat after she got off the hype train. The best example is ME: Andromeda, I put an embargo on multiplayer games while playing it and got 85% through a 100% insanity first play through and between Dainty and other friends I caved and never went back. Just like in life, I am the glue that brings many of my gamer friends together into a bigger conglomerate. Aka always being bugged to play.  :suds:

It's called marriage to, or previously dating, a gamer. Dainty wants to play co-op games every time we game. If i'm working or hanging with others, she will fire up the Sims/Mario/Pokemon, but if i'm home then it is co-op gaming 100% of the time. Ask my best man, the day I meet her was the day single player games died in my life. I have Red Dead 2, Civilization VI, FFXV, XCOM2, and a million other single player titles sitting 20-50% beat after she got off the hype train. The best example is ME: Andromeda, I put an embargo on multiplayer games while playing it and got 85% through a 100% insanity first play through and between Dainty and other friends I caved and never went back. Just like in life, I am the glue that brings many of my gamer friends together into a bigger conglomerate. Aka always being bugged to play.  :suds:

It has co-op!  As long as youre close in level you can both play at the same time. There are a few catches to this as its not your traditional co-op.  Only the "host" player's game advances/gets to keep the items. 

You point is taken though. It was a last ditch effort to get you to give it a go. Truly one of my most enjoyable and rewarding gaming experiences of my life. 

How long you guys been married already? J and I just celebrated 19 years!

It has co-op!  As long as youre close in level you can both play at the same time. There are a few catches to this as its not your traditional co-op.  Only the "host" player's game advances/gets to keep the items. 

You point is taken though. It was a last ditch effort to get you to give it a go. Truly one of my most enjoyable and rewarding gaming experiences of my life. 

How long you guys been married already? J and I just celebrated 19 years!
Three years in October and nine years together.

I'm sure I would love the game but that would be a death sentence to play with Dainty. She doesn't like "challenging" games like that. She gets pissed at them and I find it hilarious until #### is round house kicked.

I finished Last of Us 2. Comments about the ending. 

I was really ready for it to end at the farm with Dina. It's definitely an achievement that they made an emotionally impactful game that did make me think about the choices the characters made and whether I would do the same. But that seemed undone by Ellie then going off on the final end missions to kill Abby. She hated Joel for his act of selfishness in saving Ellie from the Fireflies, and then she does something similar by putting her own need for revenge over the desire of Dina to stay together. And while I enjoyed the Rattlers level on its own (especially unchaining the infected and letting them wreak havoc), it was unnecessary. I really hated the final fight scene, because by that point, I viewed Ellie as more of a villain than Abby. Not to mention how, after playing half the game as Abby and being forced to identify with her as a sympathetic protagonist, you're then asked to kill her in a weakened state after she's presumably been tortured and left to die. In other games that don't attempt to tell such an emotional story, I wouldn't care that much, but in this one, it bothered me. It could've ended at the farm with Dina, and that would've been fine.

3 hour lunch said:
I’m starting GTA5 (7 years late, I know). Have never played any of the GTA games. Any tips or tricks? Already got a lap dance!🤪
You're gonna love it, man. There are two titles in the history of gaming I wish I could go back and experience for the first time again. Skyrim, and GTA5.

phandango said:

I was really ready for it to end at the farm with Dina. It's definitely an achievement that they made an emotionally impactful game that did make me think about the choices the characters made and whether I would do the same. But that seemed undone by Ellie then going off on the final end missions to kill Abby. She hated Joel for his act of selfishness in saving Ellie from the Fireflies, and then she does something similar by putting her own need for revenge over the desire of Dina to stay together. And while I enjoyed the Rattlers level on its own (especially unchaining the infected and letting them wreak havoc), it was unnecessary. I really hated the final fight scene, because by that point, I viewed Ellie as more of a villain than Abby. Not to mention how, after playing half the game as Abby and being forced to identify with her as a sympathetic protagonist, you're then asked to kill her in a weakened state after she's presumably been tortured and left to die. In other games that don't attempt to tell such an emotional story, I wouldn't care that much, but in this one, it bothered me. It could've ended at the farm with Dina, and that would've been fine.
By the end i really liked abby and her side of the story

3 hour lunch said:
I’m starting GTA5 (7 years late, I know). Have never played any of the GTA games. Any tips or tricks? Already got a lap dance!🤪
I think you jumped the gun a bit. I like to give a solid nine year window for all the bugs to get patched.

phandango said:

The point of the end is to show how sometimes people can get obsessed with something and make decisions that are self-destructive.  Ellie was happy at the farm with Dina and the kid, and she knew that if she left to go after Abby again, she'd be ruining it.  But she couldn't help herself.  And she couldn't snap out of it until she was on the edge of killing a woman in cold-blood who had shown her mercy twice.  It was like she'd finally reached rock-bottom.  It couldn't end at the farm, because she wasn't in a place where she was ready to just be happy.

Just finished Last of Us 2, 10/10.  Absolutely loved it.  Initially, I wasn't happy with the shift at the middle, but by the end, I thought it was perfect and significantly increased the emotional investment in the story.  Really was fantastic, possibly the best story telling I've ever experienced in a video game.

Hoping you guys can help. I'm looking for a RPG for the ps4 that doesn't have a ton of blood and gore that would be semi-appropriate for a 7 year old. She watches the Marvel movies with me so a little violence is fine, just not Mortal Kombat style if that makes sense?

Hoping you guys can help. I'm looking for a RPG for the ps4 that doesn't have a ton of blood and gore that would be semi-appropriate for a 7 year old. She watches the Marvel movies with me so a little violence is fine, just not Mortal Kombat style if that makes sense?
Not an RPG, but what about the Lego games?  Those seem to be well-reviewed and they're kid-friendly.  I played some of the Star Wars Lego games with my kids when they were young, and it was fun.  I'm sure there's a Lego Marvels out there, probably more than one.

Ratchet & Clank is another good one.

I'm getting a little burned out on GTA, and I'm in no huge rush to play Ghost of Tsushima, so that can only mean one thing.  Time for my annual playthrough of RE4.

Out of boredom, I was watching a video of a guy who did a no-damage run on Professional.  Some of his strategies are quite a bit different than what I normally do.  For example, he bought a rocket launcher to kill the first El Gigante, which seemed like a waste at first because he's so easy to kill with the hand grenades you've picked up to that point.  But then he used those grenades to kind of trivialize the cabin fight, at which point that strategy made a lot of sense.  His approach to the water room was different than mine too, and a lot faster.  I'm going to have to experiment with some of this stuff this time.

I downloaded Ghost of Tsushima. That game looks right up my alley.
I'm holding off on this for another week, because my son will be home from college next weekend so I can't play then anyway.  I'll almost certainly pick this up afterward, and I imagine it will be the last game I buy for the PS4.

Borderlands 3 opinions?

The first two were fun shoot em ups. Gotta be worth it for the $15 price at Best Buy. No?

Not an RPG, but what about the Lego games?  Those seem to be well-reviewed and they're kid-friendly.  I played some of the Star Wars Lego games with my kids when they were young, and it was fun.  I'm sure there's a Lego Marvels out there, probably more than one.

Ratchet & Clank is another good one.
We're working our way through the Harry Potter Lego games so that's a good idea.

She enjoys just watching me play certain games and I've been itching to play an RPG (haven't really gamed in a looooooong time) so was hoping to find something to scratch that but is kid friendly enough for her to be able to watch. 

I'm getting a little burned out on GTA, and I'm in no huge rush to play Ghost of Tsushima, so that can only mean one thing.  Time for my annual playthrough of RE4.

Out of boredom, I was watching a video of a guy who did a no-damage run on Professional.  Some of his strategies are quite a bit different than what I normally do.  For example, he bought a rocket launcher to kill the first El Gigante, which seemed like a waste at first because he's so easy to kill with the hand grenades you've picked up to that point.  But then he used those grenades to kind of trivialize the cabin fight, at which point that strategy made a lot of sense.  His approach to the water room was different than mine too, and a lot faster.  I'm going to have to experiment with some of this stuff this time.
I have beaten re4 on pro without dying but not with no damage.    Wow

Borderlands 3 opinions?

The first two were fun shoot em ups. Gotta be worth it for the $15 price at Best Buy. No?
Playing through it right now. Honestly, I am struggling to finish it. Just seems pretty bland and boring. Run around shooting stuff and collecting loot. That's pretty much it. I guess I got used to story driven games, which this is not.

CR69 said:
Horizon Zero Dawn. Double-check to make sure there's nothing else inappropriate, but the violence isn't bad. Great RPG, with an admirable female lead, great storyline, excellent graphics and fantastic gameplay. 

Finished my Days Gone platinum over the weekend.  Loved that game.

Up next God of War or Spider-man.  Have both from the sale last month.  Which should I go with first?  Leaning Spider-Man but I'm not a big comic guy. 

Up next God of War or Spider-man.  Have both from the sale last month.  Which should I go with first?  Leaning Spider-Man but I'm not a big comic guy. 
What was the Spider-Man sale? Just started looking around for that game like last week. I’m not a comic guy either but I just started playing the Batman Arkham series after hearing nothing but good things about it, and really enjoying it. I know everyone was raving about Spider-Man when it first released, so figured I’ll pick it up when I can find it on sale.

Both are great.  God of War is more of an epic story and action rpg type.   Spider man is more of a sandbox grand theft auto missions type game.   Can't go wrong with your choice but i liked God of War more

What was the Spider-Man sale? Just started looking around for that game like last week. I’m not a comic guy either but I just started playing the Batman Arkham series after hearing nothing but good things about it, and really enjoying it. I know everyone was raving about Spider-Man when it first released, so figured I’ll pick it up when I can find it on sale.
Last month it was $20 for the Game of the Year Edition which included all add-on content.  During the PS sale.  

Both are great.  God of War is more of an epic story and action rpg type.   Spider man is more of a sandbox grand theft auto missions type game.   Can't go wrong with your choice but i liked God of War more
May go with God of War.  Days Gone was basically sandbox, so a change may be good.  

CR69 said:
Horizon: Zero Dawn was an excellent game that both of you would enjoy. My son was 8-9 when he played it, and we restrict him to T-rated games, mainly. A couple other suggestions are Monster Hunter: World and Final Fantasy VII Remake. My son was into both of those recently (just turned 11). Horizon was probably the best, though, and it also has DLC that was pretty good too (might be included with the game by now). 

Horizon: Zero Dawn was an excellent game that both of you would enjoy. My son was 8-9 when he played it, and we restrict him to T-rated games, mainly. A couple other suggestions are Monster Hunter: World and Final Fantasy VII Remake. My son was into both of those recently (just turned 11). Horizon was probably the best, though, and it also has DLC that was pretty good too (might be included with the game by now). 
That's the second vote for Horizon so we'll definitely be getting that. Will look into the others as well. Thanks 😀

Poke_4_Life said:

I prefer Spiderman to God of War but I am more of a comic guy.

Both are good games but Spider-Man is just more upbeat and fun. God of War is quite the opposite. Depends on what you’re in the mood for. 
I played God of War for a while yesterday.  I'm not sure I'm in the headspace for a game like God of War right now.  I enjoyed the first few hours, but I think Spider-Man might be more my speed with everything going on in my life and the world right now.  

Just started Ghost of tsushima....liking it this far 

Just wasn't in the mood for LofU , and I loved the first

Foosball God said:
shadyridr said:
Ghost of Tsushima is an absolutely gorgeous game
My son has been playing the hell out of it.  It looks like it has some nice features.  I like that there isn't much of a HUD and no mini-map.  Just press up and the "wind" shows you where to go.
My son has as well, says it is one of his favorites of all time.  I'll be playing it once he gets done with it.

I'm really late to the party but I just played Jedi Fallen Order, really enjoyed it.  Was better than most of the recent Star Wars Movies

That's the second vote for Horizon so we'll definitely be getting that. Will look into the others as well. Thanks 😀
Be sure and Google how to get the best armor in the game if you're into that kinda of thing . It's easy to miss and a ##### to backtrack to pick up the necessary parts. 

Dug out old Descent 3 off an old drive.  Set up an old pc as a gameserver.  Playing anarchy netgames like we used to 15 years ago at lunch at work.  Using Discord to hear the screams.

Users who are viewing this thread