What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Shadow of the tomb raider is an awesome game
I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider 2 nights ago as it was free on PS+ this month. Not sure why I hadn't gotten a TR game in years. Embarrassing to say but are Croft might be my biggest video game character crush of all time. They've stayed true to the character for the most part. Is Shadow on sale anywhere? 

Ok finishing up Far Cry New Dawn....then I am diving into:

Spiderman 

In the que after that will be:

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Life Is Strange

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that one? It's the only one I haven't played yet.
It's ok it was a weird storyline cult like thing. I believe there was some cries from right wing people to not have the game go on as they believed the game was making fun of them. One person went as far as go on change.org and ask for villains to be changed to Islamist and other things. However when I read an article explaining the game further it was furthest from the truth then what people thought. It's political the game but not in the way most think. The cult is more of a christian type cult who uses some sort of drug similar to LSD mixed opium. Has some references to prepers and stuff like that as well.. You basically the main character is a sheriff who goes into the cult to bring in their leader with your partner. The cult then turns on you and the Hilo is shot down. From there you are basically stuck after your cries for government and state assistants don't go through. Essentially you along with people revolting against the cult go and try to defeat the cult yourselves. I liked the game for what it was but it's been a long time since I played it as I played it when it first came out 

So I got a little over $800 saved up in terms of spending money I saved from my Tax return and Government issued pay from the pandemic I got. I was gonna save money up this year to go get the new PS5 at the end of the year after the concerts I saved up for this summer were all canceled. I have an HDTV (Not really the type who is gonna buy the 4k until my TV can't work and can live with a lower quality TV for now) which works fine. I just want to be able to get the system, a few games (I think I'm gonna exclusively buy games online now unless theres some cool collectors/Limited edition physical copy that's a must have comes out) a charging station, possible 2nd controller (Learn from the past with PS4 it's always good to have a back up) and possible a headset to play with friends (nothing fancy). Some of the games I'm getting that come out before the PS5 like Fifa are already offering free upgrades to PS5 if you purchased the PS4 version of the title. Madden is also doing this. So I already know that's 2 titles I won't need to worry about. I'll be getting the new AC title for sure, not really sure on Spiderman and some of the other titles don't excite me. I've played Rachet and Clank but that was more or less a title my younger brother played and liked and I'd play just to take a break from my other games. BF 6 comes out in 21, Far Cry 6 in 21 early, as well as some others which I got ample time for. 

I'm also thinking about maybe trading in my PS4 with most of my games at the least the ones I don't play as much or the sports titles as PS5 is suppose to be backward compatible to PS4. Finally because of a situation at work where my Department manager is going on Vacation and my back up manager had to go to California a state PA requires 2 week quarantine once you are back, she will not be available to run my department when my boss goes away. I just found out today despite not having the managerial duties that my company has to GIVE SOMEONE THE MANAGER pay and I'm next in line. The Raise for the week is $5 per hour (Which in my field is pretty significant so now I'm thinking of possible using that paycheck saved for this investment as well. I'll be most likely working 35 hours and estimate with taxes taken out a good $500 pay check or so. 

This is the first time I'm seriously saving up and investing in something. I don't mind splurging for a new system because I know I'll get good use out of it any way. I know its not something I'll spend ridiculous money on and then not use for months at a time. 

So I got a little over $800 saved up in terms of spending money I saved from my Tax return and Government issued pay from the pandemic I got. I was gonna save money up this year to go get the new PS5 at the end of the year after the concerts I saved up for this summer were all canceled. I have an HDTV (Not really the type who is gonna buy the 4k until my TV can't work and can live with a lower quality TV for now) which works fine. I just want to be able to get the system, a few games (I think I'm gonna exclusively buy games online now unless theres some cool collectors/Limited edition physical copy that's a must have comes out) a charging station, possible 2nd controller (Learn from the past with PS4 it's always good to have a back up) and possible a headset to play with friends (nothing fancy). Some of the games I'm getting that come out before the PS5 like Fifa are already offering free upgrades to PS5 if you purchased the PS4 version of the title. Madden is also doing this. So I already know that's 2 titles I won't need to worry about. I'll be getting the new AC title for sure, not really sure on Spiderman and some of the other titles don't excite me. I've played Rachet and Clank but that was more or less a title my younger brother played and liked and I'd play just to take a break from my other games. BF 6 comes out in 21, Far Cry 6 in 21 early, as well as some others which I got ample time for. 

I'm also thinking about maybe trading in my PS4 with most of my games at the least the ones I don't play as much or the sports titles as PS5 is suppose to be backward compatible to PS4. Finally because of a situation at work where my Department manager is going on Vacation and my back up manager had to go to California a state PA requires 2 week quarantine once you are back, she will not be available to run my department when my boss goes away. I just found out today despite not having the managerial duties that my company has to GIVE SOMEONE THE MANAGER pay and I'm next in line. The Raise for the week is $5 per hour (Which in my field is pretty significant so now I'm thinking of possible using that paycheck saved for this investment as well. I'll be most likely working 35 hours and estimate with taxes taken out a good $500 pay check or so. 

This is the first time I'm seriously saving up and investing in something. I don't mind splurging for a new system because I know I'll get good use out of it any way. I know its not something I'll spend ridiculous money on and then not use for months at a time. 
The list of launch games for ps5 is not great imo.   I'm thinking of waiting to get ps5.  I waited a long time for ps4 and ended up getting a bundle that was pretty cheap.  Spider man one.   But I waited years.   Gotta high end laptop so I game on that just as much or more.    Might just continue to roll with that until ps5 puts out some stuff I really want.

How is that one? It's the only one I haven't played yet.
It is the sequel to Far Cry 5. It is a very typical FC game and if you enjoy Far Cry games you will enjoy this one. I do not not want to spoiler it at all. It is a really cheap....and a shorter game than FC5. 

Fun. Just open world fun, lots of guns and vehicles etc. 

I found Far Cry Primal to be my fav this gen followed by FC4 then FC5 and New Dawn. All good times. 

As far as the PS5......I am going to wait. Even though it is reversible to PS4 games (thank god) I am still waiting at least one cycle. I play MLB The Show daily......this years version is by far my favorite yet and I have oodles and oodles of classic rosters to play through. Couple that with an immense backlog of PS4 games.....I am set for at least another 12 months of fun. 

By then.....the price will be lower or a Pro version will be out etc etc. Also gives the sports games developers some time to use the new power at their disposal more. I am also very apprehensive about sports games except for The Show. Madden, 2K, NHL......very disappointing on the PS4 (save for Madden 16 which IMO stands alone in terms of simulation style gameplay) NHL 19 was pretty good too.....NBA 2K18 was my last 2K.....I DL 2K20 for free on PS Plus so I will try that out with MJ Wizards classic rosters (guy is a beast with late 80’s and 90’s NBA rosters). 

Sports games don’t give a hoot about offline franchise players (yours truly). We are dinosaurs. It is all about micro transaction card modes. And I get it. It is a huge revenue driver and that is what the kids are playing. So I just do my best to immerse myself into the franchise modes they offer. And don’t get me wrong. Franchise modes on The Show and 2K are pretty deep and immersive. But Madden? Meh.....it has lost a lot of luster. And gameplay is geared to stick skills vs simulation minded playing. 

It is what it is. We try to do the best with the tool box they develop these days with sliders and roster edits etc. 

I am looking forward to seeing what next gen can do in terms of AI for sports games. I truly hope they make the games more playable vs the CPU. hence my wait and see approach. 

Non sports games will hopefully go to new heights. I can wait though. My PS4 Pro is just fine for at least another 12-24 months.

Good on you man.  

If you can budget it, you may want to think about a 4k TV.  Even my PS4 games (not a PS4 pro, but I do have an SSD) like Spider-Man look amazing on my 4k TV.  

The list of launch games for ps5 is not great imo.   I'm thinking of waiting to get ps5.  I waited a long time for ps4 and ended up getting a bundle that was pretty cheap.  Spider man one.   But I waited years.   Gotta high end laptop so I game on that just as much or more.    Might just continue to roll with that until ps5 puts out some stuff I really want.
This was my plan. I wanted to wait out the first year but my youngest teenage daughter has become quite the gamer lately. 

Crap. Now I might have to buy two!

Do we even know what games are launching with the PS5?  Sony was pretty much silent on that issue during their PS5 event.  Obviously that doesn't bode well and I expect the launch lineup to be pretty bad.  (I'll still buy on day one).

ETA: Demon's Souls absolutely should have been a launch title.  That would definitely have appealed to the type of person who was likely to be an early adopter of a new Sony console.

Do we even know what games are launching with the PS5?  Sony was pretty much silent on that issue during their PS5 event.  Obviously that doesn't bode well and I expect the launch lineup to be pretty bad.  (I'll still buy on day one).

ETA: Demon's Souls absolutely should have been a launch title.  That would definitely have appealed to the type of person who was likely to be an early adopter of a new Sony console.
Thought it was spider man, a new gran turismo.  And a bunch of other titles I had no interest in.    

need2know said:
I'm more so wanting it for the new features for FIFA and stuff like that. I might wait a few months maybe but I really also want to play the new AC on the PS5. I missed the AC deal  on Revelations and didn't get one for black flag. I'm one to usually wait but getting pretty antsy on this 

Poke_4_Life said:
Good on you man.  

If you can budget it, you may want to think about a 4k TV.  Even my PS4 games (not a PS4 pro, but I do have an SSD) like Spider-Man look amazing on my 4k TV.  
Yeah I would but I also live at home still as well. I don't want to over do it right now. 

IvanKaramazov said:

Games new that are coming out on Launch? I believe AC Vahalla is one of them The Miles Spider Man, GT, and some others. Rachet and Clank new game as well. 

I'm more so wanting it for the new features for FIFA and stuff like that. I might wait a few months maybe but I really also want to play the new AC on the PS5. I missed the AC deal  on Revelations and didn't get one for black flag. I'm one to usually wait but getting pretty antsy on this 
I loved me some black flag

Todem said:
Ok finishing up Far Cry New Dawn....then I am diving into:

Spiderman 

In the que after that will be:

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Life Is Strange
You'll love Life is Strange dude. Once you get past the fact you're playing a story about teenie HS girl drama, it's one of the biggest surprises for me this console generation. I bought it on sale as a throwaway last year for like $6 only cause of the high reviews for it, and it absolutely delivered. Game has some real emotional staying power. Really hits you in the gut at times.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Remember all that xbox kinect and playstation move crap they were shoving down our throats last time? Thank god thats not a thing anymore. 
For about ten minutes, when they couldn't keep the first wii's in stock, it seemed like the next huge thing. Sony and MS were definitely "OMG, we HAVE to have this or we're done"

Then we all realized we liked sitting on the couch for videogames.  

Call of Duty games are trash. They’re built for twitchy Mountain Dew slamming 11 year olds. Battlefield games are much better all around, and more forgiving for us middle age gamers. 
I agree with this. But I have been having fun with Warzone if I am being honest. Team based stuff.

But Battlefield WW1 is an epic game. And the destructible environments are second to none. 

Probably the best times I had were on PS3 and Bad Company 2. The Vietnam expansion.....hell the entire game. Awesome fun.

I fired up some PS3 sports classics last night.

NBA 2K11 - Still holds up even 10 years later. Hands down my favorite basketball game ever. I still have my Miami Heat “Big 3” franchise going in Year 4 and we did threepeat with them. Also will do another Jordan mode run. The game simply is fun, easy to control compared to today’s 2K’s, and just has a great feel that was lost on the new consoles (I do like 2K18 but after playing 2K11 again.....that is my go to).

Fight Night 4 and FNC - Too bad we do not have boxing anymore. Well these games satisfy that itch quite well. I have 30 created legendary boxers as well on FN4 to set up massive tournaments myself in a few divisions (Heavyweights and middle weights are my thing). I even have Rocky, Apollo, Drago and Clubber Lang in the mix along with legends like Larry Holmes, Ernie Shavers, Hagler, Lenoard, Mayweather, Pryor and Arguielo to name a few.

All Pro Football 2K8 - Man what a difference in gameplay from Madden. Don’t get me wrong. i like Madden and have fun but this game plays a better game of football. Too bad it was limited to single seasons. But Fun times.

College Hoops 2K8 - If you like 2K basketball games and crave a very deep college hoops game this is the one. Amazingly.....it is ridiculous priced these days. So good luck in that department. But the game itself is the jewel of college basketball simulations. Legacy mode is incredible deep (and can be a little too cumbersome at times with recruiting) but it still holds up if you want depth and a long term dynasty. Gameplay is showing it’s age...but I can look past it because of the extreme fun factor and amazing immersion 2K provides in it’s presentation. 

NCAA 14 - We fired up a new Boise State Dynasty with 2019 rosters (a great roster community still exists out there for PS4 and 360). Hands down my favorite console football game of all time. The replay value is unlimited IMO. The last great EA football game. They have not come close to this since it’s demise with the lawsuit against the NCAA for player likeness. Ugh.....suh a shame we lose out on college sports.

Top Spin 4 - This is my go to Tennis game. Tight controls, a solid roster. Lot’s of fun. A/O Tennis on the PS4 is actually quite good too......but it is missing something for me despite the amazing roster community. TP4 really satisfies my tennis itch.

NHL 11 and 13 - Fun. Simply put a lot of fun. I have tried and tried with NHL 16 and 19 (19 is good...have to give them props for expansion mode and a deeper scouting system with fog of war scouting). But gameplay is stale. Like old bread. Predictable AI and games feel exactly the same.

We will also revisit:

The Dead Space Trilogy for a non sports stroll down memory lane. 

It really shows how crappy sports games have been this gen (other than MLB The Show and Madden 16) when I can go back to the PS3 and really enjoy 10 year old or more titles. 

If you are a solo offline franchise sports gamer......dust of your PS3 and start balling again. 

Call of Duty games are trash. They’re built for twitchy Mountain Dew slamming 11 year olds. Battlefield games are much better all around, and more forgiving for us middle age gamers. 
COD was great when it was strictly story based WWII. Then they had to start the moderwarfare stuff with the multiplayer. MW is where the franchise start to go down hill in terms of story telling and too much focus on MP and loop crates and VC started. COD MW was a great game don't get me wrong but that pin points th start of franchises focusing more on MP online type play and not the game itself 

I agree with this. But I have been having fun with Warzone if I am being honest. Team based stuff.

But Battlefield WW1 is an epic game. And the destructible environments are second to none. 

Probably the best times I had were on PS3 and Bad Company 2. The Vietnam expansion.....hell the entire game. Awesome fun.

I fired up some PS3 sports classics last night.

NBA 2K11 - Still holds up even 10 years later. Hands down my favorite basketball game ever. I still have my Miami Heat “Big 3” franchise going in Year 4 and we did threepeat with them. Also will do another Jordan mode run. The game simply is fun, easy to control compared to today’s 2K’s, and just has a great feel that was lost on the new consoles (I do like 2K18 but after playing 2K11 again.....that is my go to).

Fight Night 4 and FNC - Too bad we do not have boxing anymore. Well these games satisfy that itch quite well. I have 30 created legendary boxers as well on FN4 to set up massive tournaments myself in a few divisions (Heavyweights and middle weights are my thing). I even have Rocky, Apollo, Drago and Clubber Lang in the mix along with legends like Larry Holmes, Ernie Shavers, Hagler, Lenoard, Mayweather, Pryor and Arguielo to name a few.

All Pro Football 2K8 - Man what a difference in gameplay from Madden. Don’t get me wrong. i like Madden and have fun but this game plays a better game of football. Too bad it was limited to single seasons. But Fun times.

College Hoops 2K8 - If you like 2K basketball games and crave a very deep college hoops game this is the one. Amazingly.....it is ridiculous priced these days. So good luck in that department. But the game itself is the jewel of college basketball simulations. Legacy mode is incredible deep (and can be a little too cumbersome at times with recruiting) but it still holds up if you want depth and a long term dynasty. Gameplay is showing it’s age...but I can look past it because of the extreme fun factor and amazing immersion 2K provides in it’s presentation. 

NCAA 14 - We fired up a new Boise State Dynasty with 2019 rosters (a great roster community still exists out there for PS4 and 360). Hands down my favorite console football game of all time. The replay value is unlimited IMO. The last great EA football game. They have not come close to this since it’s demise with the lawsuit against the NCAA for player likeness. Ugh.....suh a shame we lose out on college sports.

Top Spin 4 - This is my go to Tennis game. Tight controls, a solid roster. Lot’s of fun. A/O Tennis on the PS4 is actually quite good too......but it is missing something for me despite the amazing roster community. TP4 really satisfies my tennis itch.

NHL 11 and 13 - Fun. Simply put a lot of fun. I have tried and tried with NHL 16 and 19 (19 is good...have to give them props for expansion mode and a deeper scouting system with fog of war scouting). But gameplay is stale. Like old bread. Predictable AI and games feel exactly the same.

We will also revisit:

The Dead Space Trilogy for a non sports stroll down memory lane. 

It really shows how crappy sports games have been this gen (other than MLB The Show and Madden 16) when I can go back to the PS3 and really enjoy 10 year old or more titles. 

If you are a solo offline franchise sports gamer......dust of your PS3 and start balling again. 
Nice to see they exist still. I stopped playing and sold mine as I was afraid the community just wouldn't be there for roster creations and I have ZERO TIME to do it myself. I see both sides to the argument on this but I think Bannon's has a lot of holes. The game never used players names and most of the players never really looked anywhere close to their real life counter parts. I remember my Florida franchise Cam Newton was White (When he was still there) and Tebow looked like a Samoan. One of my favorite things in that game was the fact you could create your own prospects in the final versions before production of the franchise stopped. I used to make juggernauts. Another cool feature was creating your own school. I'm a Florida fan but I had a franchise called Harrisburg University using the Seminole Logos. I was all Black and Crimson and to this day it was probably the best Uniform making I'd ever done. 

I finally got around to ordering RDR2 lol. Looking forward to that one. Also ordered the first Watch Dogs (I traded it in previously 😢) after getting the itch to play WD2. 

I keep my xbox360 for this one game. I have hours and hours in this.

Madden is superior in almost every way, except the control/gameplay. I agree with you - this one is still better.  And the gold/silver/bronze tiers makes it really fun. 

I keep my xbox360 for this one game. I have hours and hours in this.

Madden is superior in almost every way, except the control/gameplay. I agree with you - this one is still better.  And the gold/silver/bronze tiers makes it really fun. 
I went back and played 2k5 recently. Once you get adjusted to the older graphics, specifically the field, as your eyes will actually adjust and the player modes aren’t close to being bad, it DEMOLISHES every football game. No hyperbole. The animations, the control, the AI - All lightyears better than what we have today. I mean it’s incredible. 

That’s before we even get to player profiles which when the servers were active back then, I could ( and did) download my friends profile and practiced against the CPU (when my friend wasnt around to play). It was very accurate in reproducing your friends tendencies. Amazing .

APF2K8 is great gameplay-wise, but doesn’t have any of the franchise options and you’re limited to one season.

If any of you have an old 360 and a disk of 2k5, please give it a shot. I would love to hear your opinions.

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
COD was great when it was strictly story based WWII. Then they had to start the moderwarfare stuff with the multiplayer. MW is where the franchise start to go down hill in terms of story telling and too much focus on MP and loop crates and VC started. COD MW was a great game don't get me wrong but that pin points th start of franchises focusing more on MP online type play and not the game itself 
Different strokes for different folks, but I've only touched COD the past couple years for the Battle Royale. If you have a consistent squad to play with, I find few things more fun in gaming than the teamwork involved with BR. You really feel like you earn every win.

MP in Modern Warfare is the ####s. The maps are absolutely horrid. All but 3 or 4 go to the time limit every single game (given I only play TDM and KC). Only reason I played the MP this year is to level up my guns/attachments for Warzone. MP hasn't been even decent in a COD game in at least 5 years.

Different strokes for different folks, but I've only touched COD the past couple years for the Battle Royale. If you have a consistent squad to play with, I find few things more fun in gaming than the teamwork involved with BR. You really feel like you earn every win.

MP in Modern Warfare is the ####s. The maps are absolutely horrid. All but 3 or 4 go to the time limit every single game (given I only play TDM and KC). Only reason I played the MP this year is to level up my guns/attachments for Warzone. MP hasn't been even decent in a COD game in at least 5 years.
Typical CoD game for me:

Spawn, run towards enemy, kill two guys, die.

Respawn, take 3 steps die.

Respawn, walk several feet, die to guy hiding behind me.

Respawn, shoot some dude 5 times center mass, get one shotted and die.

——————

This is why I hate twitch shooters and games with respawns. Nobody cares if they die so everyone plays balls to the wall, bunny hoppin, dolphin diving, and running, frontwards, backwards and strafing -  all at the same speed you walk(run) forwards.

Its so very bad. 

Yeah, I dont like COD either, but warzone is exceptionally fun if you're playing with a good squad. Its still twitchy and some of the re-spawn mechanics are a little arcadey for my taste (to me, they should cut off buy-backs at a certain point) , but its really polished, the map is interesting and doesn't have a lot of dead areas and the game is a lot of fun. So yeah, i played a decent amount of the multiplayer just to unlock stuff.

Warzone solos kinda sucks, as most players just camp their asses off and it basically becomes a horror survival game. All it takes is one dude camping in a house to end your round, even if you've gotten like 12 kills and played flawlessly up until that point.  I've got 2 solo wins and a handful of 2nd's and 3rds, but its really not that fun. Its just something to do when I can't get a squad (anyone who wants to play, feel free to send me a friend invite TLEF316 ID # 4724075)

If the morons at Dice would just get their #### together and make a decent Battlefield game for the first time since Bf4, I'd just play that. I know Bf1 was decent, but the quasi WW1 setting did nothing for me. I want to play in a somewhat modern setting.

Yeah, I dont like COD either, but warzone is exceptionally fun if you're playing with a good squad. Its still twitchy and some of the re-spawn mechanics are a little arcadey for my taste (to me, they should cut off buy-backs at a certain point) , but its really polished, the map is interesting and doesn't have a lot of dead areas and the game is a lot of fun. So yeah, i played a decent amount of the multiplayer just to unlock stuff.

Warzone solos kinda sucks, as most players just camp their asses off and it basically becomes a horror survival game. All it takes is one dude camping in a house to end your round, even if you've gotten like 12 kills and played flawlessly up until that point.  I've got 2 solo wins and a handful of 2nd's and 3rds, but its really not that fun. Its just something to do when I can't get a squad (anyone who wants to play, feel free to send me a friend invite TLEF316 ID # 4724075)

If the morons at Dice would just get their #### together and make a decent Battlefield game for the first time since Bf4, I'd just play that. I know Bf1 was decent, but the quasi WW1 setting did nothing for me. I want to play in a somewhat modern setting.
Just started playing Warzone this week.  Never bought it before, but a good buddy of mine who is a CPU gamer started playing, and it is one game we can actually play together.

We played some duos one night and it was a load of fun.  We made one top ten finish, but we both just started, so we are well behind the curve.

I have been playing MP to get my guns up.  The game play is about the same as it has always been, but I like the new level up mechanics for the guns.  A multitude of different attachments and large number of levels to go up, vs just 15 levels with the prestige option.

Having fun so far, but not interested in teaming up in Warzone yet, as a noob I didn't like being the dead weight of just our two team party.  If you're desperate for a fourth and don't expect much, I'm NittanyDodger.

Just started playing Warzone this week.  Never bought it before, but a good buddy of mine who is a CPU gamer started playing, and it is one game we can actually play together.

We played some duos one night and it was a load of fun.  We made one top ten finish, but we both just started, so we are well behind the curve.

I have been playing MP to get my guns up.  The game play is about the same as it has always been, but I like the new level up mechanics for the guns.  A multitude of different attachments and large number of levels to go up, vs just 15 levels with the prestige option.

Having fun so far, but not interested in teaming up in Warzone yet, as a noob I didn't like being the dead weight of just our two team party.  If you're desperate for a fourth and don't expect much, I'm NittanyDodger.
I feel like if you're going to be dead weight to a team, it's more accentuated the fewer players you have.

My regular squad which consists of 5 interchangeable guys depending who's available each night have 30-some wins, and we only have 1 super killer on our squad (he's on PC, no surprise), a consistent sidekick guy to him, and then us other 3 are inconsistent. Can have some good games, but usually we'll only end up with 1-3 kills.

The beautiful thing about Warzone is that you can contribute in so many other ways. I'm not a super skilled guy in terms of technical ability, but I more than make up for that with my ability to communicate enemy positions, contribute to game and movement strategy as the circle closes, etc. probably better than anyone on the team.

I'll add you and @TLEF316 if we ever need a 4th. Some nights there might only be 2 or 3 of us on.

Just finished the last of us 2. Started days gone. Really wish I started days gone first. It looks good so far but going to be tough to stand with the last of us 2...

I feel like if you're going to be dead weight to a team, it's more accentuated the fewer players you have.

My regular squad which consists of 5 interchangeable guys depending who's available each night have 30-some wins, and we only have 1 super killer on our squad (he's on PC, no surprise), a consistent sidekick guy to him, and then us other 3 are inconsistent. Can have some good games, but usually we'll only end up with 1-3 kills.

The beautiful thing about Warzone is that you can contribute in so many other ways. I'm not a super skilled guy in terms of technical ability, but I more than make up for that with my ability to communicate enemy positions, contribute to game and movement strategy as the circle closes, etc. probably better than anyone on the team.

I'll add you and @TLEF316 if we ever need a 4th. Some nights there might only be 2 or 3 of us on.
I have one solo win, but that was because I did the hated camp/hide until the final circle, then got lucky on the circle movement (it moved in the direction I was at, moved to the circle, then killed the last two guys as they moved to the new circle).

Our best finish as duos was 3rd.  Most games we get a half dozen kills, but the guy I play with is far more aggressive than I am.  He will also jump into a fray when we are hunkered down without letting me know.  It's happened twice where we are camped and I'm observing some guys out of range and then see my teammate rush them without knowing the plan.

I'm also far more conservative than he is.  I don't like to engage with others unless I feel we have the upper hand, where as he will see spotting anyone as an invitation to go at them. Our communication could use some work.  But, it is by far the most fun I have had playing a video game in a long time.

I’ve had company the last few days and they’ve been playing Fall guys on the PS4, super simple but somehow entertaining at the same time for ages 10-44
yeah, i watched a couple of twitch guys playing it and it looked hilarious.

Not sure it has enough long term appeal to me to justify a $20 investment. I also dont love some of the games (mostly team games).

If it was just 20 different obstacle courses (or even randomly generated courses composed of various standard elements) I think I'd be more into it.

yeah, i watched a couple of twitch guys playing it and it looked hilarious.

Not sure it has enough long term appeal to me to justify a $20 investment. I also dont love some of the games (mostly team games).

If it was just 20 different obstacle courses (or even randomly generated courses composed of various standard elements) I think I'd be more into it.
Agreed, it’s a free game this month on ps plus

Just figured out how to get in team deathmatch in Modern Warfare. Now how does the game start???? Quick play filter, all that ####. WTf, man.

Fall Guys is great with friends. It's essentially Mario Party without the boardgame stuff in between. They just need to expand their game list. Somewhere between 30-40 different games would keep things fresh.

Just finished the last of us 2. Started days gone. Really wish I started days gone first. It looks good so far but going to be tough to stand with the last of us 2...
Was Last of Us 2 great story-wise? I expect the visuals would be top-notch but I have heard the actual story rubbed a lot of long time fans the wrong way.

Was Last of Us 2 great story-wise? I expect the visuals would be top-notch but I have heard the actual story rubbed a lot of long time fans the wrong way.
Long time fans? There’s only been the one other game.

I liked the story. I also liked the way they executed it, which some people didn’t like. It seems to be that people tend to either really like it or really not like it. I don’t know if there’s a way to tell beforehand how you’re going to go. I really liked the first one, and I trusted this would be the same. I was not wrong. I also enjoyed all the Uncharted games. Most people I have heard say they didn’t like this game weren’t fans of some of the later Uncharted games.  I guess if you don’t like the way Naughty Dog does their games, you might not like this one either.

Long time fans? There’s only been the one other game.

I liked the story. I also liked the way they executed it, which some people didn’t like. It seems to be that people tend to either really like it or really not like it. I don’t know if there’s a way to tell beforehand how you’re going to go. I really liked the first one, and I trusted this would be the same. I was not wrong. I also enjoyed all the Uncharted games. Most people I have heard say they didn’t like this game weren’t fans of some of the later Uncharted games.  I guess if you don’t like the way Naughty Dog does their games, you might not like this one either.
Yes, I say long time fans because the other one came out 6 years ago. that's a long time and especially so when you consider that a vast majority of video game players are young enough to where that constitutes about 1/3 of their lifetime. 

I saw and read and watched that it was about a 45-55% rate of people who really liked it. Many citing that the story was not true to the original, a little out there for what you would think would happen if you really put yourself in the shoes of the character, etc.  I don't know about all that. Didn't play either game (no reason why, I heard nothing but good of the original and was going to buy both and play them but then the 2nd was pretty unfavorable outside of graphics). 

I’ve had company the last few days and they’ve been playing Fall guys on the PS4, super simple but somehow entertaining at the same time for ages 10-44
I downloaded this after reading your post. By far the most fun my wife and I have had playing video games together since Mario Kart on the Wii U. We needed this so thank you. ❤️

Yes, I say long time fans because the other one came out 6 years ago. that's a long time and especially so when you consider that a vast majority of video game players are young enough to where that constitutes about 1/3 of their lifetime. 

I saw and read and watched that it was about a 45-55% rate of people who really liked it. Many citing that the story was not true to the original, a little out there for what you would think would happen if you really put yourself in the shoes of the character, etc.  I don't know about all that. Didn't play either game (no reason why, I heard nothing but good of the original and was going to buy both and play them but then the 2nd was pretty unfavorable outside of graphics). 
The story was pretty in line with the original game. There’s a fungal infection in the world that is turning people into zombies. Those who aren’t infected are trying to survive as best they can. This means that you’re going to have different factions that have different ideas on how to do that.

The first game focused on getting Ellie to the Fireflies in Salt Lake City. They planned to use her to formulate a cure for the infection. In this game, that’s no longer an option because of what happened in the first game. Instead the characters are trying to live with the consequences of what happened in the first game. And they learn that, as much as you try to run from it, the past has a way of catching up to you.

I feel like in the first game they did things to give you a reason to be conflicted about the final decision of the story. A lot of times you have the hero fighting for what’s right and then being willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the day. But that’s not how that story ended.

In this game, you are presented with a story where the characters are on what feels like a righteous mission. But then things get flipped and it’s not so clear anymore. A lot of people didn’t seem to like that, but I thought it did what it was meant to do very well. They again wanted you to be conflicted about how the story ended.

I'm about 20 hours or so into Ghost of Tsushima, and I can definitely give this one an enthusiastic thumbs-up.  This is a title that I was never especially looking forward to, for two reasons.  First, I've never really connected with feudal Japan as a video game setting.  Nothing against it, but it's just culturally alien enough for me that I find it kind of a mild turnoff.  Second, I am burned out on the Ubisoft model of open world game development.  This is Sucker Punch, not Ubisoft, but they follow the same model -- travel around the map erasing the "fog of war," liberate bases from the enemy, collect materials to upgrade your stuff, gain XP to unlock new abilities, side quests, collectables, hamster wheel, etc.  If there were other major releases right now, I probably would have passed on this one, but I picked it up because there's really not much to play at the moment.

While the similarities to Assassins Creed and Far Cry are pretty obvious, Ghost is a far better game than either of those.  Melee combat and stealth are both very well done and integrated nicely into the gameplay.  The various plot lines are good so far, and the graphics looks next-gen.  This game also has some really nice quality of life touches, like a minimized HUD and lightning-fast load times.  Coming from GTA5, which in the Year of Our Lord 2020 still takes like 45 minutes to load, it's awesome to play a game where you barely even have a chance to read the little tips on the loading screen before play resumes.  

I still would have preferred inFamous 4 instead, but Ghost is a good one too.

Users who are viewing this thread