What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

Anyone pick up Splinter Cell Conviction yet?

I played the demo and I am itching to get out my hands on the full copy. Review on IGN was great.

Anyone pick up Splinter Cell Conviction yet?I played the demo and I am itching to get out my hands on the full copy. Review on IGN was great.
I just got home from buying it. I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I will before the day is out.

almost done with FF13. the graphics and voice acting are stellar, and the paradigm system is a nice upgrade to the gambit system. overall, I think the game is a step backward, though. I just don't really feel that invested in these characters or this story.

Can't wait for the new UFC Undisputed.
:lmao: I can't wait for the demo.How do the pre-order bonus unlockable fighters work? Are these fighters not available at all unless you pre-order via Gamestop?Per Wikipedia:
On February 23rd, video game retailer GameStop announced that James McSweeney was one of four exclusive pre-order bonus unlockable fighters. On March 2nd, Marcus Jones was unveiled as the second fighter included in the pre-order. On March 9th, Brendan Schaub was announced as the third bonus fighter. On March 16th, Roy Nelson was announced as the fourth bonus fighter.[2].The demo for the game will feature four light heavyweight fighters (Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson).[3] The demo will allow players to compete in standard exhibition bouts or an offline tournament mode.[4]According to the offical UFC Undisputed facebook page the demo will be out by then end of April, with no set date as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebowski said:
I played it at the THQ party in NYC during UFC 111. It is a significant improvement over a very good game. I can not wait to get my hands on the full version. Lots of tweaks to career mode as well as the tweaks to the fighting mechanics as well.

EYLive said:
Sebowski said:
:thumbup: I can't wait for the demo.How do the pre-order bonus unlockable fighters work? Are these fighters not available at all unless you pre-order via Gamestop?Per Wikipedia:
On February 23rd, video game retailer GameStop announced that James McSweeney was one of four exclusive pre-order bonus unlockable fighters. On March 2nd, Marcus Jones was unveiled as the second fighter included in the pre-order. On March 9th, Brendan Schaub was announced as the third bonus fighter. On March 16th, Roy Nelson was announced as the fourth bonus fighter.[2].The demo for the game will feature four light heavyweight fighters (Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson).[3] The demo will allow players to compete in standard exhibition bouts or an offline tournament mode.[4]According to the offical UFC Undisputed facebook page the demo will be out by then end of April, with no set date as of yet.
If it is similar to last years Gamestop pre-order bonus (Bader and Escudero) it is unlocked by entering a code. I would bet that it will be similar. If you don't buy at GS you will not be able to play with those fighters.

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:

Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :thumbup:

Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :bag:

Picked up Splinter Cell: Conviction after work yesterday. Good stuff here guys if you like sneaking around and then causing havoc.

I am up for a little co-op if anyone is interested in doing the co-op campaign.

Definately picking up UFC Undisputed 2010. Check this out

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/ufc10/default.aspx

Also for those who like GTA4 type games, check out Read Dead Redemption. Looks awesome!
By the looks of it, Red Dead Redemption is going to be GTA meets Fallout in a western. If you liked GTA and have an xbox, check out Just Cause 2.
Red Dead Redemption looks awesome. Definetly gonna pick it up. Hopefully the multiplayer has more staying power than GTA4 did.

Also for those who like GTA4 type games, check out Read Dead Redemption. Looks awesome!
By the looks of it, Red Dead Redemption is going to be GTA meets Fallout in a western. If you liked GTA and have an xbox, check out Just Cause 2.
Red Dead Redemption looks awesome. Definetly gonna pick it up. Hopefully the multiplayer has more staying power than GTA4 did.
Whatever multiplayer it has will be a bonus. The campaign will be a disappointment if its anything below an epic.

Update to what I'm playing now: Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC), Splinter Cell Conviction, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online, and a little bit of MLB2k10 and Torchlight.
How far have you played with Torchlight?I am playing the Vanquisher I think it is called? The chick. Anyway, I keep upgrading my guns and pumping points into Dex and gotta say I pretty much roll this game. All I need is the Ricochet skill and mow things down like crazy. Fun but not a ton of challenge at this point around lvl 31 deep in the mines.

Whatever multiplayer it has will be a bonus. The campaign will be a disappointment if its anything below an epic.
i agree. but it would be nice if the MP can add some staying power. As fun as GTA4 was, i knew it would never go back in my xbox after i finished the SP.

I wish I had more time - I'm so behind on Battlefield - although I beat the campaign to kill time.

I want to play more online and am an absolute Splinter Cell fan.... :confused:

Have any of you guys played Sacred 2: Fallen Angel? Its from 2009 and I totally had no clue it ever came out. It looks in the mold of Diablo/RPG. I'll probably be getting it soon so if anyone wants to start fresh and play up to 4 player co-op, hit me up.

Still wondering if anyone has played Sacred 2 and what they thought of it. Just getting around to Bioshock 2 and I never thought the sequel could get even close to the original, but its awesome.

Blur seems like it should be fun. Doesn't come out until November but the beta is available on Xbox live right now. Kind of like Mario Kart with real cars.

Anyone ever played the Skate series? I was at the store yesterday and just found out that Skate 3 comes out in roughly 3 weeks. I considered buying Skate 2 to test it for myself, but decided against it. Was Skate 2 good? Worth a $20 purchase?

Just not sure how much time I'll have given my current gaming pattern. Still playing the #### out of Gears 2 with some FIFA mixed in. I haven't picked up Bioshock 2 in a few weeks (not terribly far into the game yet), and plan on picking up Red Dead Redemption. By the time I finish RDR, this year's FIFA might be out....

Just beat Bioshock 2 and besides the first game, I have never had a game where I was actively looking for the collectibles. I found around 105 of them and they made the story fantastic. The new touches to the game over the first were all great and the fps aspects worked well. I thought I should make some lunch and then looked outside to see it was dark out. :thumbup:

Anyone ever played the Skate series? I was at the store yesterday and just found out that Skate 3 comes out in roughly 3 weeks. I considered buying Skate 2 to test it for myself, but decided against it. Was Skate 2 good? Worth a $20 purchase?Just not sure how much time I'll have given my current gaming pattern. Still playing the #### out of Gears 2 with some FIFA mixed in. I haven't picked up Bioshock 2 in a few weeks (not terribly far into the game yet), and plan on picking up Red Dead Redemption. By the time I finish RDR, this year's FIFA might be out....
As far as skating games go, yeah it's pretty solid. The control mechanics are very good, and there's quite a bit of stuff to do in the game. I'll probably pick up 3 to play with some friends online - though it'll be via Goozex, I don't think I'd pay $60 for the game.

Update on Goozex for anyone who is curious like I was. I have received Sacred 2, Dead Space, CoD WaW, and Metro 2033 in the mail the past few days. I am also close to getting the new Spliter Cell: Conviction and The Orange Box. I have shipped out four xbox 360 games I would have never touched again, six DVDs, two Blur-rays, three Playstation, and two Playstation 2 games. I have enough points stocked piled from my trades to get Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, and anything else later this year for $1 each. Shipping has cost me about $2.20 each package for a label and bulk bubble mailer. It ends up around $1.75 per item I receive since I have traded out more lower priced items while receiving less higher priced ones. The whole system works great for me because I'm not a fan of renting since I go on hot and cold streaks playing certain games whenever it feels right. I have been able to try games I wouldn't dare buy because of just how expensive games are. The best part is if I don't like a game or am done with it for a long time, I can just trade it in for a value that stays consistent for a long time. Examples are Borderlands and MW2 are still worth $50 in value. Just thought I would throw this out there for people who are looking at the process if they have a bunch of games lying around. Goozex = :hifive:

Just beat Bioshock 2 and besides the first game, I have never had a game where I was actively looking for the collectibles. I found around 105 of them and they made the story fantastic. The new touches to the game over the first were all great and the fps aspects worked well. I thought I should make some lunch and then looked outside to see it was dark out. :thumbup:
I agree and I loved... (don't read spoiler unless you've played through Bioshock 2)

Just beat Bioshock 2 and besides the first game, I have never had a game where I was actively looking for the collectibles. I found around 105 of them and they made the story fantastic. The new touches to the game over the first were all great and the fps aspects worked well. I thought I should make some lunch and then looked outside to see it was dark out. :goodposting:
I agree and I loved... (don't read spoiler unless you've played through Bioshock 2)
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
That was an awesome touch I never thought of before it happened. Still, for 2K to be on par or above the quality of the first game was a nice surprise in the age of almost guaranteed big money for sequels no matter the quality.

Update on Goozex for anyone who is curious like I was. I have received Sacred 2, Dead Space, CoD WaW, and Metro 2033 in the mail the past few days. I am also close to getting the new Spliter Cell: Conviction and The Orange Box. I have shipped out four xbox 360 games I would have never touched again, six DVDs, two Blur-rays, three Playstation, and two Playstation 2 games. I have enough points stocked piled from my trades to get Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, and anything else later this year for $1 each. Shipping has cost me about $2.20 each package for a label and bulk bubble mailer. It ends up around $1.75 per item I receive since I have traded out more lower priced items while receiving less higher priced ones. The whole system works great for me because I'm not a fan of renting since I go on hot and cold streaks playing certain games whenever it feels right. I have been able to try games I wouldn't dare buy because of just how expensive games are. The best part is if I don't like a game or am done with it for a long time, I can just trade it in for a value that stays consistent for a long time. Examples are Borderlands and MW2 are still worth $50 in value. Just thought I would throw this out there for people who are looking at the process if they have a bunch of games lying around. Goozex = :lmao:
I have so many Goozex points and games to play, I take stuff out just to sell it for profit now. Kind of funny, I sold Bioshock 2 to Amazon for $34.50 2 weeks ago. Had a $10 game credit there. Then today Bioshock 2 went on sale for 35.99 and they're including another $10 game credit, so I got it back for 25.99 and kept my $10 game credit. Basically they gave me $8.50 to let them borrow my used copy for 2 weeks and give me back a new one. Then I'll ultimately dump it for 1000 points over at Goozex - what my first copy cost me. In a couple months when I'm done with it of course. :XOh, and in case anyone is still thinking about getting the game, that's a pretty sweet deal over at Amazon today.

Update on Goozex for anyone who is curious like I was. I have received Sacred 2, Dead Space, CoD WaW, and Metro 2033 in the mail the past few days. I am also close to getting the new Spliter Cell: Conviction and The Orange Box. I have shipped out four xbox 360 games I would have never touched again, six DVDs, two Blur-rays, three Playstation, and two Playstation 2 games. I have enough points stocked piled from my trades to get Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, and anything else later this year for $1 each. Shipping has cost me about $2.20 each package for a label and bulk bubble mailer. It ends up around $1.75 per item I receive since I have traded out more lower priced items while receiving less higher priced ones. The whole system works great for me because I'm not a fan of renting since I go on hot and cold streaks playing certain games whenever it feels right. I have been able to try games I wouldn't dare buy because of just how expensive games are. The best part is if I don't like a game or am done with it for a long time, I can just trade it in for a value that stays consistent for a long time. Examples are Borderlands and MW2 are still worth $50 in value. Just thought I would throw this out there for people who are looking at the process if they have a bunch of games lying around. Goozex = :thumbup:
I have so many Goozex points and games to play, I take stuff out just to sell it for profit now. Kind of funny, I sold Bioshock 2 to Amazon for $34.50 2 weeks ago. Had a $10 game credit there. Then today Bioshock 2 went on sale for 35.99 and they're including another $10 game credit, so I got it back for 25.99 and kept my $10 game credit. Basically they gave me $8.50 to let them borrow my used copy for 2 weeks and give me back a new one. Then I'll ultimately dump it for 1000 points over at Goozex - what my first copy cost me. In a couple months when I'm done with it of course. :bag:Oh, and in case anyone is still thinking about getting the game, that's a pretty sweet deal over at Amazon today.
The only thing I wish is that I would have found out about the site sooner. About a year ago I gave away a bunch of playstation 1/2 games in the rpg genre that would of supplied all the points I need for new games for years. I still have enough built up to get 5 new games and have already gotten 5 older games that I would have never gotten.

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :thumbup:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :thumbup:
Well, you could play Gears 2 until then :bag:
Done and done. I find myself going back to Horde every weekend. Lost Planet 2 will have Dom and Marcus as playable characters, so I will fire that one up as well.Just picked up WET yesterday, liked the demo, we'll see if the full game lives up to my expectations. Good price used, around $25. :thumbup:

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :popcorn:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :popcorn:
Well, you could play Gears 2 until then :popcorn:
Done and done. I find myself going back to Horde every weekend. Lost Planet 2 will have Dom and Marcus as playable characters, so I will fire that one up as well.Just picked up WET yesterday, liked the demo, we'll see if the full game lives up to my expectations. Good price used, around $25. :popcorn:
Who are you on live...? I add various FBGs from time to time who I have on my friends list and then never play with and delete their tag. So I may or may not have yours.

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :lol:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :banned:
Well, you could play Gears 2 until then :lol:
Done and done. I find myself going back to Horde every weekend. Lost Planet 2 will have Dom and Marcus as playable characters, so I will fire that one up as well.Just picked up WET yesterday, liked the demo, we'll see if the full game lives up to my expectations. Good price used, around $25. :lol:
Who are you on live...? I add various FBGs from time to time who I have on my friends list and then never play with and delete their tag. So I may or may not have yours.
Grimjack1977

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :thumbup:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :loco:
Well, you could play Gears 2 until then :whistle:
Done and done. I find myself going back to Horde every weekend. Lost Planet 2 will have Dom and Marcus as playable characters, so I will fire that one up as well.Just picked up WET yesterday, liked the demo, we'll see if the full game lives up to my expectations. Good price used, around $25. :thumbup:
Let me know what you think of WET. I mentioned in here awhile ago that I always consider buying it - they never have any used copies where I look, and the price has been steady at $30...holding out for a price drop, I guess.

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :thumbup:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :loco:
Let me know what you think of WET. I mentioned in here awhile ago that I always consider buying it - they never have any used copies where I look, and the price has been steady at $30...holding out for a price drop, I guess.
Gamefly had it used for 12.99 with free shipping Tues. $24 after shipping now.

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :thumbup:Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 :lmao:
got through the first few levels last night. Fun game, action packed, and some great moves sliding while shooting, slow motion gun battle, car chase scene where you have to jump from car to car while shooting at the bad guys :excited:Graphics aren't great, and it's certainly a button masher - but pretty fun so far! :thumbup:

First Gears of War 3 trailer came out today :excited:

Dom with a beard, armor changes, anya with a lancer :excited:

Too bad I'll have to wait until April 2011 ;)
Well, you could play Gears 2 until then :excited:
Done and done. I find myself going back to Horde every weekend.

Lost Planet 2 will have Dom and Marcus as playable characters, so I will fire that one up as well.

Just picked up WET yesterday, liked the demo, we'll see if the full game lives up to my expectations. Good price used, around $25. :eek:
well worth $25 - lot of fun.

Did anyone get Super SFIV? If so, how is it? I heard Seth isn't as cheap this time around.
One of the few games I decided to pay money for this year. Played a good bit last night, it kicks serious ### and is definitely the best SF game so far. They made it a lot more arcadey than the last one - brought back the bonus stages - has an endless fight mode online that's like a virtual cabinet. Winner plays, loser gets to the back of the line. And yeah, Seth is far easier. I won the first game without any continues, and it wasn't all that hard.

Bioshock down to 32.99 and they still have the $10 future game credit with it at Amazon. Bummer I grabbed it yesterday, $3 less today. :thumbdown: Quite a deal on a 3 month old game.

Did anyone get Super SFIV? If so, how is it? I heard Seth isn't as cheap this time around.
One of the few games I decided to pay money for this year. Played a good bit last night, it kicks serious ### and is definitely the best SF game so far. They made it a lot more arcadey than the last one - brought back the bonus stages - has an endless fight mode online that's like a virtual cabinet. Winner plays, loser gets to the back of the line. And yeah, Seth is far easier. I won the first game without any continues, and it wasn't all that hard.
Anyone else get this yet? Game is terrific. I haven't played online yet, just some single player and tuned up on some regular SFIV on Xbox online just so I don't get whaled on when I get into this with the real players who have all undoubtedly moved onto Super. Everything about it is just better than the first - the backgrounds in the last one were great visually but I wouldn't say they were really great overall. Just kind of like a background you might expect back in the SFII days but in HD. In this one they are top notch - Seth's level for instance, when you beat him the first time the reactor explodes and there's crap flying around when he does his little taunt. Adds a little something too it. Also cool is the fact that parts of the background bounce around when you're slammed to the ground. Just a step above the first.And Seth is really pretty danged easy at Medium level. They toned this thing down a ton to appeal to a more casual crowd. If you've played the SSFIITHDR version they put out on PSN and Live a couple years back, that one was designed by tourney players. They made the AI ridiculously hard, even harder than IV ended up being, so I think they may have taken a page out of that book somewhat for the original. This one is pretty much too easy though. I think I've played about 7 games or so, and I've already beaten Akuma, which you get by getting 2 perfects, not losing a round the whole game, getting 10 first hits and 5 ultra/super finishes over the course of the game on medium or higher. And I didn't lose a round to Akuma either. I got the win without continue my first game, and I haven't played the game in probably 6 months. There was always a certain level of cheapness to Bison, the end boss is supposed to be that way. I agree that Seth may have gone a little over the top last time, but this one is really not a challenge. It gives medium a little bit of a cheap feel to it. Game is still great though.

Users who are viewing this thread