Tom Servo

*** OFFICIAL *** Cleveland Indians thread - Edwing's parrot, 22-game winning streak, Miller time comes back, 2 straight division titles, Relish called up & beery Dre Knott offered ride home by Rick Manning!

1,489 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2017 at 7:22 AM, Beef Ravioli said:

Tito is probably glad it's over. He can now tinker with his lineup and the pitching rotation/bullpen. 

Yep, I was starting to get the Golden State Warriors feeling when they were chasing 73 wins and I was just sitting back with a smirk on my face.  Time to get the championship goal back into crystal clear focus.

2 people like this

Per Let's Go Tribe, Tito is going with a 6 man rotation for the rest of the regular season. 

Left coast win last night. :thumbup: The Flow with 5 no-hit innings.

1 person likes this

Fun game last night.  I saw Bruce's single, double, and triple.  Tried to stay up for his next at bat, but couldn't make it.  Sunshine pitched great, and no glove controversy from the Angels.  Cleveland needs to stay in front of Houston and Boston in order to force them to play each other in the ALDS.  I'd rather have MIN or NYY instead.

5 hours ago, Peak said:

Fun game last night.  I saw Bruce's single, double, and triple.  Tried to stay up for his next at bat, but couldn't make it.  Sunshine pitched great, and no glove controversy from the Angels.  Cleveland needs to stay in front of Houston and Boston in order to force them to play each other in the ALDS.  I'd rather have MIN or NYY instead.

The nice thing is that the Tribe holds the tie-breaker over the Astros, so the pressure is on them to outright beat us. If we go 6-5 the rest of the way, Houston has to go 9-3. Given we have 2 more against the Angels, 3 against the fading Mariners, 3 against the White Sox and Minnesota, I'd say going 6-5 is very doable.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

The nice thing is that the Tribe holds the tie-breaker over the Astros, so the pressure is on them to outright beat us. If we go 6-5 the rest of the way, Houston has to go 9-3. Given we have 2 more against the Angels, 3 against the fading Mariners, 3 against the White Sox and Minnesota, I'd say going 6-5 is very doable.

Going further, the Astros have 2 against the White Sox, 3 against the Angels, 3 against Texas and 4 against Boston. The schedule definitely favors us.

1 person likes this

I really like that Hou has to close the season against Bos.  It will make it that much sweeter to watch these two play each other 9 games in a row.  :lmao:

1 person likes this

Only 2 behind the Dodgers for best overall record now.  They would have tiebreaker if we end up with the same record. Indians would have it over all the other NL teams.

12 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Only 2 ONE behind the Dodgers for best overall record now.  They would have tiebreaker if we end up with the same record. Indians would have it over all the other NL teams.

FYP. :thumbup:

1 person likes this