Tom Servo

*** OFFICIAL *** Cleveland Indians thread - Mr. Hand teaches Spicoli AND helps in the bully.

1,853 posts in this topic

@Bobcat10 it looks like that area where you said scalpers could be is good place to get a drink and eat something too maybe?

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

@Bobcat10 it looks like that area where you said scalpers could be is good place to get a drink and eat something too maybe?

Yes, that's more drinking/bar food.  Which is fine if that's what you're looking for.  We usually go to the Clevelander over there.  Obviously Panini's for a loaded sandwich and a beer.  

For better sit down food and drinks, still right by you, is like Prospect / East 4th and all down E. 4th.  It's a quick stroll to see what's there.  Right next to Residence Inn is Barrio which is real good tacos.  

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Yes, that's more drinking/bar food.  Which is fine if that's what you're looking for.  We usually go to the Clevelander over there.  Obviously Panini's for a loaded sandwich and a beer.  

For better sit down food and drinks, still right by you, is like Prospect / East 4th and all down E. 4th.  It's a quick stroll to see what's there.  Right next to Residence Inn is Barrio which is real good tacos.  

Barrio rocks!

@Bobcat10 ate at panini and they have dollar dogs at the park. Pissed!

The Indians are imploding 😁

4 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

The Indians are imploding 😁

DAMN MILLER! :wall::wall::wall: 

1 person likes this

Nice game tonight guys. 

Astros gave up one too many dingers. 

Posted (edited)

Should have left Bauer in a little longer....127 pitches is nothing in todays game. (Yes I have him on my Roto team)

Edited by Da Guru

4 pitchers for 4 batters? That’s novel, @Limp Ditka  

On 5/25/2018 at 6:18 PM, NREC34 said:

@Bobcat10 ate at panini and they have dollar dogs at the park. Pissed!

Well those aren't the biggest wieners, so you would have had to get a bunch of them.

How did you like your stay and the ballpark?

Seemed like some good games for the most part.  I didn't catch much this weekend though.  Was busy with my 12u team in that scorching heat the past few days and watched the Cavs game for the most part Sunday night.

34 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Well those aren't the biggest wieners, so you would have had to get a bunch of them.

How did you like your stay and the ballpark?

Seemed like some good games for the most part.  I didn't catch much this weekend though.  Was busy with my 12u team in that scorching heat the past few days and watched the Cavs game for the most part Sunday night.

Astros lost 2 of 3 games I went to but overall it was pretty good. Cleveland fans were good. Several of them talked with us and told us where good places to go were and stuff.  We went edgewater Park Saturday and also ate at Barrio taco place, some local cheap pizza place and Buffalo Wild Wings. Went to the nfl hall of fame yesterday. 14 innings Sunday was a bit much in that heat. Got to go on the field Sunday with my son and got the free Francona shirt Saturday. Hotel could’ve been better I guess. Oh and I was able to get an autograph on my SI World Series magazine from Will Harris before the game Saturday so that was good.

Definitely the most time I’ve ever spent in Cleveland. It would be a decent place to live I think and it gets a bad rap from a lot of people. Had no idea there was a National Park up there close either. That’s a cool thing too. There were a lot of people asking for money though too. I wound up giving a couple of them some change.

One funny thing happened Saturday. This guy behind me had been talking crap about Kipnis all game. Then he hit that homer and the guy sitting next to me (apparently a Kipnis fan) said some things to him and I was about 90% sure these guys were going to come to blows right there in the stands. 

All in all it was an interesting trip and thank you for all of the advice.

I'm a (Shane) Belieber.

Aguilar looks like a miss.  Brewers playing him and he's producing.  We gave him 58 MLB at bats over 3 seasons.

Per the Indians twitter account:

Roster move: - OF Lonnie Chisenhall activated from 10-day DL - OF Bradley Zimmer optioned to Triple-A Columbus Lonnie hit .286 with 3 2Bs, 2 HRs and 6 RBI in his rehab stint.

I imagine BZim has options left as to why he was sent down. 

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Per the Indians twitter account:

I imagine BZim has options left as to why he was sent down. 

Def needs a consistent run of ABs against lessor pitching to find himself so he’s hopefully useful later in a near full time role.

Injury info on Encarnacion - Miller - Perez.

You guys can't end this Melky experiment fast enough. He's awful

13 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

You guys can't end this Melky experiment fast enough. He's awful

:coffee: 

I actually meant to post last night that I think his time is up (Guyer was likely gonna return vs the lefty) but then got sidetracked.  

Zimmer dinged in the minros...so I think Allen is safe for a while, maybe he can get out of his hitting funk.  I think that's just who he is though.

You're killing me Smalls Kipnis. :wall:

Posted (edited)

@TJZuppe

Roster move: Yonder Alonso to the Family Medical Emergency list, making room for Tyler Naquin.

Edited by Tom Servo

Oof.

Melky Cabrera and his .207 are back. Thankfully in a Clippers uniform...for now. :scared: 

Francisco Mejia was batting .190 on June 1st. Now he is at .283

How do you blow a 4-0 lead in the ninth and give up SEVEN RUNS!?!?!?!?! :wall: 

Don't let the fact that this team has a double digit lead distract you from the fact that Tito is way too loyal to some players ( :bye: Josh Tomlin), bad-mouthing our top prospect, and are still 2 decent relievers away from being a team that can compete in October.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I watched it and I still don't know.

Hopefully this 15-run lead will stand up tonight.

Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma

11 hours ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Tomlin is on the DL *cough cough* so it should be safe. <_< 

20 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Don't let the fact that this team has a double digit lead distract you from the fact that Tito is way too loyal to some players ( :bye: Josh Tomlin), bad-mouthing our top prospect, and are still 2 decent relievers away from being a team that can compete in October.

Ooff...we had scary Allen that night.  Then add that crap about OT/OP, and it's all a spin.  Why not just let Bauer finish the game?  It couldn't have been worse than what occurred with Allen.

Agreed that the Tribe needs to find 2 more Bullpen arms.  Beiber may be a candidate, but I'd rather they go out and find two at the trade deadline.  I don't see Allen hanging around next year, and Miller is too banged up.  I don't think we'll see Tomlin again until September, if ever.  I'd be fine if Tomlin gets shipped out.  I like Meija, but with the bottleneck at catcher, he's not going to see playing time in the Big Leagues.  Trade him for some BP help now, while he holds value.  You could trade him to the Reds for Iglaseias, I'm sure.  They need a catcher, right?

11 hours ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Thats about the only way to ensure a win with our BP.  Gain a double digit lead and hope the BP can get you 3 outs to end the game.  :scared:

1 hour ago, Peak said:

Ooff...we had scary Allen that night.  Then add that crap about OT/OP, and it's all a spin.  Why not just let Bauer finish the game?  It couldn't have been worse than what occurred with Allen.

Agreed that the Tribe needs to find 2 more Bullpen arms.  Beiber may be a candidate, but I'd rather they go out and find two at the trade deadline.  I don't see Allen hanging around next year, and Miller is too banged up.  I don't think we'll see Tomlin again until September, if ever.  I'd be fine if Tomlin gets shipped out.  I like Meija, but with the bottleneck at catcher, he's not going to see playing time in the Big Leagues.  Trade him for some BP help now, while he holds value.  You could trade him to the Reds for Iglaseias, I'm sure.  They need a catcher, right?

Trouble is, Perez is one of the worst defensive catchers in all of MLB. Plus, he's had the yips trying to throw out runners. Meija would be an upgrade back there.

I don't get the bad-mouthing of Meija. Apparently, they have a hard-on for him to play the OF; my question is WHY? The :bs: reason being floated around is that it is better to be flexible. So Kipnis played CF last year? He started there. This isn't 6-7 years ago where we had a lineup full of platoon players; we've got Brantley - Allen - Chiz (when he returns) as a pretty steady OF trio. The way I figure it, Meija knows his meal ticket is catching and he's probably got the sense that if he agrees to play the OF, he'll never see C again. And, given that OF, there's no guarantee he sees the OF when Chiz returns.

To me, this smacks of the previous example of Lindor, who wasn't supposedly "ready" until he was no longer Super 2 eligible.

3 people like this

You have to give something to get something and if trading Mejia is the only way to give ourselves another real shot while our window is open, then so be it.

But overall I agree with Tom's sentiments above. Roberto Perez shouldn't be part of a bottleneck keeping anyone from the majors.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Trouble is, Perez is one of the worst defensive catchers in all of MLB. Plus, he's had the yips trying to throw out runners. Meija would be an upgrade back there.

I don't get the bad-mouthing of Meija. Apparently, they have a hard-on for him to play the OF; my question is WHY? The :bs: reason being floated around is that it is better to be flexible. So Kipnis played CF last year? He started there. This isn't 6-7 years ago where we had a lineup full of platoon players; we've got Brantley - Allen - Chiz (when he returns) as a pretty steady OF trio. The way I figure it, Meija knows his meal ticket is catching and he's probably got the sense that if he agrees to play the OF, he'll never see C again. And, given that OF, there's no guarantee he sees the OF when Chiz returns.

To me, this smacks of the previous example of Lindor, who wasn't supposedly "ready" until he was no longer Super 2 eligible.

Don't disagree, but given Tito's penchant for working with vets, I see Robo with a long leash.  He even has certain pitchers he works with that Gomes doesn't.  So he must be doing something right.  While I do like Meija, I don't see him making the roster yet, and I don't blame him for not wanting to move off of the C role.  With all that said, and the Tribe drafting another C prospect early in the draft, I can see Meija being a major trading chip this season.  I guess I've just convinced myself that he's gone.  :shrug:

Chiz looks like he's made of glass.  I don't like counting on him for a consistent role.  I can see them resigning Brantley and rolling with him, Allen and Zimmer as our OF, with Chiz, Naquin, and Guyer as a platoon.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Chiz gone next off-season.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Peak said:

Don't disagree, but given Tito's penchant for working with vets, I see Robo with a long leash.  He even has certain pitchers he works with that Gomes doesn't.  So he must be doing something right.  While I do like Meija, I don't see him making the roster yet, and I don't blame him for not wanting to move off of the C role.  With all that said, and the Tribe drafting another C prospect early in the draft, I can see Meija being a major trading chip this season.  I guess I've just convinced myself that he's gone.  :shrug:

Chiz looks like he's made of glass.  I don't like counting on him for a consistent role.  I can see them resigning Brantley and rolling with him, Allen and Zimmer as our OF, with Chiz, Naquin, and Guyer as a platoon.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Chiz gone next off-season.

TBH, I don't disagree with that. I'm just getting this creepy vibe from Tito that mirrors the last couple of seasons of the Red Sox, minus the in-fighting.

Re-signing Brantley has proved to be a great move and I think he's earned the right to stick around if he wants. I would be ok losing Naquin as I don't see him becoming anything special. Let's face it, RF is reserved for your worst defender and having Guyer/Chiz/beer vendor playing there probably won't kill us. As long as that RF combo can hit, we can live with a couple of guys carrying peach baskets for gloves in RF.

Edited by Tom Servo
1 person likes this

Oh, and #### the YANKEES!!!!

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Peak said:

Thats about the only way to ensure a win with our BP.  Gain a double digit lead and hope the BP can get you 3 outs to end the game.  :scared:

That's what the best team in baseball thought this night

2 people like this

12 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Nice.  :lol:

20 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

John Rocker!!!  :lmao:  Completely forgot about him and his ranting until now.  Good stuff!!

Is it bad I would take Rocker, Wickman, and Rodriguez as part of our BP now...  :unsure:

Wasn't the greatest homestand going into the ASBreak, but I'll take the split with the Yankees.  Given the state of the BP, they'll have to make some moves over the next 2 weeks.  Getting Miller back after the Break will help, assuming they don't put him in for long durations of time.  Ease him in and let him get his game legs back.  With the AL Central lead not going anywhere, use the 2nd half to get healthy and acclimate the new guys to the team.  I wouldn't rush either Kluber or Miller back too quickly.  Make sure they are fully healed, and even then, monitor and manage their workload heading into the Post-Season.

Quick ASG Update from Tito...

Francona said Astros manager AJ Hinch -- the American League skipper for the Midsummer Classic -- has informed him that Trevor Bauer, who started Sunday, will only appear in the All-Star Game if the contest goes into extra innings. Hinch also said Jose Ramirez will play five innings as the starting third baseman, while reserves Francisco Lindor, Michael Brantley and Yan Gomes will likely appear after the fifth. Right-hander Corey Kluber withdrew from the game after receiving a gel injection in his right knee on Friday.

And another tidbit on Miller's Return...

Miller threw live batting practice in Akron on Saturday, which Francona said went well, and the lefty has thrown four bullpen sessions since July 5. Francona said Miller's delivery was affected by the injury.

Francona didn't give a specific timeframe for Miller's return, but said it'll likely take multiple rehab games before Miller is evaluated for a return.

"We're not just going to have him pitch once," Francona said. "He's going. But just watching him the other day, that back leg was back up in the air again. And he wasn't flying off of that. It was really exciting to watch that."