Tom Servo

*** OFFICIAL *** Cleveland Indians thread - Now with Edwin E's parrot!

1,221 posts in this topic

Finally got to see Carlos Santana in a spring game and.....wow. That guys bat is major league ready. I get the same feeling watching him that I did watching a young Carlos Delgado years ago. Cleveland has something special here.Nick Welgarz also looks to have a major league caliber bat.

So hey Indians fans!! What is the plan with Carlos? If he keeps mashing AAA pitching like he has started out, will he see time in the majors this year or is the plan to give him a full year of minors duty to get better at calling a game?
Sounds like a question for Shapiro.Still working out with him at the gym???

Finally got to see Carlos Santana in a spring game and.....wow. That guys bat is major league ready. I get the same feeling watching him that I did watching a young Carlos Delgado years ago. Cleveland has something special here.Nick Welgarz also looks to have a major league caliber bat.

So hey Indians fans!! What is the plan with Carlos? If he keeps mashing AAA pitching like he has started out, will he see time in the majors this year or is the plan to give him a full year of minors duty to get better at calling a game?
:goodposting: I'm in left field with a hockey stick, no clue what you're talking about!

:homer: I'm in left field with a hockey stick, no clue what you're talking about!
Sorry it was intended for Sezy who had some workout conversations with Shapiro during last season. Sometimes we would throw questions out and Sezy would try to get them answered.

:thumbup: I'm in left field with a hockey stick, no clue what you're talking about!

You'd be perfect - give Brantley a day off.

4 wins in a row :wall: and the starting pitching is looking good. The relief pitching is another story.

SWEEP!

Doesn't get much better than doing it to them either.

:rolleyes: I'm in left field with a hockey stick, no clue what you're talking about!
Sorry it was intended for Sezy who had some workout conversations with Shapiro during last season. Sometimes we would throw questions out and Sezy would try to get them answered.
I've been out of townI'll ask him if hes there on friday

Per my conversation with Mark Shapiro this morning.This is exactly the reason that Santana is not in the majors right now.He has only been catching for a couple of years and they really want him to get the calling of a game right before coming up to the show.When they bring up Santana they want it to be for the rest of his career, so patience is the stance right now.If the Tribe was in contention this season Santana would already be on the roster according to Mark.

I just watched Bob Costas on MLB Network do a piece on 10 cent beer night at Cleveland Municipal on June 4th 1974.

Any Tribe fans with good stories?

I just watched Bob Costas on MLB Network do a piece on 10 cent beer night at Cleveland Municipal on June 4th 1974.Any Tribe fans with good stories?

I was 2. :confused:

:goodposting::thumbup::shrug::thumbup:

One for each win vs the Kitties this weekend

Edited by Limp Ditka

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:One for each win vs the Kitties this weekend

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

:lmao::thumbup::lmao::thumbup:One for each win vs the Kitties this weekend

Keep it up vs the Twins:lmao:

:goodposting::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:One for each win vs the Kitties this weekend

Keep it up vs the Twins:thumbup:
TCB last night.

I love how this never got out of the offseason.

I fixed that for ya... :thumbup:

I fixed that for ya... <_<
WAIT...I loved it that way! It was just like our team... :excited:

I fixed that for ya... <_<
WAIT...I loved it that way! It was just like our team... :thumbup:
Still is... :shrug:

Too early to start the off-season thread?

This little streak has ruined my prediction of 65 wins for this team. :shock:

Heading down to the opener! :pickle::suds::thumbup::excited::banned:

Packing your parka, GB?

The Tribe is setting records for all time low attendance.. on 2 straight days. I wonder how much lower it can get tomorrow night?

The Tribe is setting records for all time low attendance.. on 2 straight days. I wonder how much lower it can get tomorrow night?

It won't be as bad as Saturday and Sunday, but there will be more Boston fans than Cleveland fans. Consensus around here is that unless the weather is nice no one is going to go watch a farm team for the Yankees and the Phillies.

It won't be as bad as Saturday and Sunday, but there will be more Boston fans than Cleveland fans. Consensus around here is that unless the weather is nice no one is going to go watch a farm team for the Yankees and the Phillies.
Place is like a ghost town.ETA: Suck it Boston! Edited by wadegarrett

SWEEP!!! First sweep of Red Sox in 10 years.

Tribe pitching...

First two games: 23 runs

Last four games: 6 runs

:thumbup: :thumbup: