Tom Servo

*** OFFICIAL *** Cleveland Indians thread - Now with Edwin E's parrot!

1,221 posts in this topic

Pitching depth is outstanding right now - just loaded with talent.  If they can stay healthy, that alone will help out in the W column.

EE was a big signing that was needed to replace Napoli.  I'd like to see Yandy make it to the big league as the utility guy, coupled with the possible return of Dr Smooth would make this offense very promising to build upon a great 2016.

Heard the Tribe was sniffing around Utley, and that he is only looking to sign with contenders....Would he be worth looking at for a utility/bench player?  Seems like he could be this year's Uribe/Crisp?  I'd rather have the younger talent (with the "something to prove" attitude) in the lineup, but I'm not sure I'd pass on Utley if the price were right.

Per Jordan Bastian:

Brantley is currently hitting normal BP pitching in the indoor cage. Has moved up from soft-toss program.

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Per Jordan Bastian:

My Brantley expectations are set pretty low.  But the lineup will look awesome if he's close to his normal self without anything nagging all season.

1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Bobcat10 said:

My Brantley expectations are set pretty low.  But the lineup will look awesome if he's close to his normal self without anything nagging all season.

Jordan Bastian tweeted this AM:

Michael Brantley is listed among batters to take on-field BP this morning, following his lighter workout on Thursday.

1 person likes this

On 2/24/2017 at 3:05 PM, Bobcat10 said:

Brantley without anything nagging all season.

:mellow:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

:mellow:

What I meant is, best case scenario, the lineup looks great.  Again, my expectations are low for Brantley.

Kipnis to miss opening day with sore shoulder. :hot:

Given the fact that Kipnis was supposed to be given a cortisone shot, sat for less than a week and be “raring to go” when he got returned, I’m going to either flat-out call bull #### on that statement or I’m concerned the Cleveland Indians’ medical staff severely underestimated the injury to begin with.

Once again, it appears the Tribe are underselling an injury. :hot: 

Was out in AZ last week.  85 and sunny for 4 straight days.  If you've never been to Spring Training put it on your list ASAP.

Stay in/around Scottsdale.  Awesome town.

And the chicks in the Entertainment District :shock::shock: .

Good stuff.

1 person likes this

Kipnis out another 4-5 WEEKS. :wall::wall: 

I’m not suggesting that the average fan with a cell phone and internet access is a better source for the actual severity of a player's injury or front office decision making. What I am suggesting is that the team’s recent track record of revising an original diagnosis from minor to months is overwhelming. At this point it could turn out that Tyler Naquin completely tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, and his ACLU and I’d think to myself, “Yeah, that’s about right.”

Pretty much.  

Brantley going 2 for 3 yesterday and playing LF in ST is a good sign.  I didn't really count on him participating this year, so if he can it's a bonus.

Question will be who covers 2B with Kip out.  Slide JRam over with Diaz/Urshela on 3B?  Keep JRam at 3B and put EGon at 2B?  

56 minutes ago, Peak said:

Brantley going 2 for 3 yesterday and playing LF in ST is a good sign.  I didn't really count on him participating this year, so if he can it's a bonus.

Question will be who covers 2B with Kip out.  Slide JRam over with Diaz/Urshela on 3B?  Keep JRam at 3B and put EGon at 2B?  

What I think the Tribe will do:

Even though his bat is impressive, Diaz will start in the minors because of his defense.  They'll justify it that way and kind of already have.  Then, they'll play JRam at both 2B and 3B with Urshella at 3B and Gonzalez at 2B depending on where JRam is.  If Urshella is hitting, they'll go with him and JRam 5-6 times a week.  

If Michael Martinez makes this team I'm going to ask for a tryout.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

If Michael Martinez makes this team I'm going to ask for a tryout.

Couldn't agree more!  He doesn't look like he fits in on this team.  I get that he's supposed to be a Utility IF, but cmon.  Everytime I see him take the field or pick up a bat, I cringe.  

14 minutes ago, Peak said:

Couldn't agree more!  He doesn't look like he fits in on this team.  I get that he's supposed to be a Utility IF, but cmon.  Everytime I see him take the field or pick up a bat, I cringe.  

I know...isn't he like 35 years old?  I thought he was more like 25 years old, then we lost him on waivers or whatever to Boston last year (before he came back again), and heard he was older.  Can't imagine he's the best util player out there that we can find or within our system.

11 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I know...isn't he like 35 years old?  I thought he was more like 25 years old, then we lost him on waivers or whatever to Boston last year (before he came back again), and heard he was older.  Can't imagine he's the best util player out there that we can find or within our system.

He'll always be tied to the 10th inning of Game 7, for me.  All the excitement of the game.  The various lead changes.  Cleveland fighting back to be within one run, and a man on base.  Bottom of the 10th, 2 outs...and who do we send out?  Michael "freakin" Martinez!?!?!  All the excitement and optimism I had about Cleveland winning that game left in a gust of wind as I saw him walk up with bat in hand.  Send up anyone, someone other than MM!  Ugh!!  :rant::wall::yucky:

1 person likes this