What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

6 yr. old alone in runaway experimental balloon (1 Viewer)

Apparently the kid climbed in and released the lone tether line. The father described the balloon as his "homemade flying saucer".

Local Link I really have no idea how they can get this kid down. And why on earth would you have an experimental aircraft filled with helium, and only tied down by a rope?

With the way Firefox shrunk the window after hitting the link, I thought for sure it was another RickRoll

I just saw this on CNN. I cant imagine how theyd rescue this kid. And I hate to say it but I dont like his chances of survival.

this is truly unbelievable i hope they can somehow manage to get that kid out safely or land safely. do they have communication with him?

this is truly unbelievable i hope they can somehow manage to get that kid out safely or land safely. do they have communication with him?
That's my question, too. Hope he stays calm and doesn't try messing with anything, falls out, etc.

Ideas anyone?

The best we have come up with here is having helos fly above it, having their propwash force the balloon down slowly. Iffy at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awful. I really hope that there is not a child in there and the "parent" is just pulling a stupid stunt.

Not to make light of this, but can you imagine what the wife is saying to the husband right now? Talk about never hearing the end of something.

Ideas anyone?The best we have come up with here is having helos fly above it, having their propwash force the balloon down slowly. Iffy at best.
Would imagine it would wash it out from under the copter. I was thinking of two copters with some sort of net between them. I have a 6 year old and can't imagine worrying about something like this. What I want to know is why the parents called the news? just heard the reporter say the father called the station.

Made a poor joke about it looking like Jiffy Pop, considering the circumstances I think I want a redo. Poor kid.

Sure looks like its going a lot faster than 25 mph.

This is horrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread