Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grantsa4

2 questions in 1 post - who to start and waiver advice?

I start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and 1 flex dl/lb/db.

Options are :

DL - Osi vs ARI

Justin Smith vs HOU

Jimmy Wilkerson vs NE

LB - Timmons vs MIN

Howard vs NYJ

Ware vs ATL

Poz vs CAR

DB - Mikell vs WAS

McGowan vs TB

A Wilson vs NYG

My current plan is to start Osi and Wilkerson. Until Smith has a good game and puts up some tackles I am not sure I want to start him and Wilkerson has put up some numbers each of the past few games and although Brady is difficult to sack, he may get some tkls.

Plan to start Timmons, Howard and Poz as my flex. Matt Ryan doesn't get sacked often destroying most of Ware's value.

DB wise to go with Mikell and McGowan. Although Wilson has a great safety matchup, McGowan has been so solid I am finding it tough to bench him.

Would you agree?

Then waiver wire wise - are any of these better to have than what is on my current roster :

DL

D Tapp

Michael Johnson

Charles Johnson

LB

Julian Peterson

Will Witherspoon (already have Bradley on IR)

Chase Blackburn

Woodley

Channing Crowder

Larry English

Derrick Johnson

Ernie Sims

DB

Chris Hope

Champ Bailey

Jairus Byrd (already have Scott)

Jonathon Joseph

Thomas Decoud

Brandon Flowers

Tyrell Johnson

Zack Bowman

Chinedum Ndukwe

Thanks as always.

I'm going to roll through these as I read them. :goodposting:

DL - Osi vs ARI

Justin Smith vs HOU

Jimmy Wilkerson vs NE

I'd play Umenyiora over Smith to make sure I didn't miss any potential breakout weeks. Smith isn't safe enough anyway to play the safe 3-4 solos vs big upside game. Umenyiora and Wilkerson for me.

LB - Timmons vs MIN

Howard vs NYJ

Ware vs ATL

Poz vs CAR

Timmons, Howard and Posluszny. The Falcons are among the worst pass rush matchups in the league and Ware doesn't start over the other three without that upside.

DB - Mikell vs WAS

McGowan vs TB

A Wilson vs NYG

I like Mikell and I think he'll rebound with the Portis/Cooley combination and MLB turnover, but he's still a little risky. McGowan is safe but has a horrid matchup. Wilson is risky, but has a monster matchup. I usually go for upside in these situations, hoping at least one hits. That's Mikell and Wilson for me, but there's an equally strong argument to take McGowan as the safe play and go with your gut (Wilson for me) at the other slot. Flex comes from the LB position this week.

My current plan is to start Osi and Wilkerson. Until Smith has a good game and puts up some tackles I am not sure I want to start him and Wilkerson has put up some numbers each of the past few games and although Brady is difficult to sack, he may get some tkls.

Plan to start Timmons, Howard and Poz as my flex. Matt Ryan doesn't get sacked often destroying most of Ware's value.

DB wise to go with Mikell and McGowan. Although Wilson has a great safety matchup, McGowan has been so solid I am finding it tough to bench him.

Would you agree?

Our thoughts are in line here.

--------------

Then waiver wire wise - are any of these better to have than what is on my current roster :

DL

D Tapp

Michael Johnson

Charles Johnson

Very little upside with Justin Smith right now, and I don't see that improving. The Johnsons are still rotational. I think Tapp has more upside, particularly when Tapp sits. I'd roster him and hope the Seahawks are forced to increase his playing time during the second half of the year.

LB

Julian Peterson

Will Witherspoon (already have Bradley on IR)

Chase Blackburn

Woodley

Channing Crowder

Larry English

Derrick Johnson

Ernie Sims

You're now flush with three pretty strong tackle options and a high upside flex candidate. There's an argument for Peterson over Ware and Witherspoon over Howard, but I'm not a huge fan of either move. I want to see Witherspoon in the middle before recommending him as a LB3+ and I don't trust Peterson against average matchups.

DB

Chris Hope

Champ Bailey

Jairus Byrd (already have Scott)

Jonathon Joseph

Thomas Decoud

Brandon Flowers

Tyrell Johnson

Zack Bowman

Chinedum Ndukwe

Hope, Bowman and Ndukwe are interesting. If you don't trust Wilson enough to use him against a matchup like the NYG, then you should be grabbing someone to take his place as you're not likely to ever feel comfortable with him. Hope may have the best weekly expectation, but the others have either interesting weekly upside at times (Bowman) or big upside every time they play every down (Ndukwe).

With Williams missing practice again, there's an argument that Ndukwe should be picked up (presumably for Wilson) and started (over either Mikell or McGowan) if Williams is inactive.