Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northern exposure

16 Team Dynasty League

We start a total of 9 IDPs (3DBs, 3 LBs and 3 D flex players).

Scoring is as follows:

Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.

My starting DBs are:

Tyvon Branch @ SDC

Zach Bowman vs CLE

Ike Taylor - Bye week

I need to replace Taylor who is on a bye this week and Bowman has a terrible matchup this week vs the hapless (or hopeless?) Browns.

I'm trying to strike a balance between solid tackling DBs with pass defense(big play)upside. Options I'm looking at are:

Terrell Thomas @ PHI (22 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 1 Sack and 8 passes defended ytd)

Eric Wright @ CHI (19 Solo Tackles, 1 INT and 7 passes defended ytd)

Thomas DeCoud @ NOS (27 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FR, 1 Sack and 6 passes defended ytd)

Mike Jenkins vs SEA (18 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs and 5 passes defended ytd)

Jacob Lacey vs SF (20 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD and 6 passes defended ytd)

Thomas and DeCoud jump off the page at me due to their ytd numbers and their pass heavy team matchups, but am I missing something?

We start a total of 9 IDPs (3DBs, 3 LBs and 3 D flex players).Scoring is as follows:Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.My starting DBs are:Tyvon Branch @ SDCZach Bowman vs CLEIke Taylor - Bye weekI need to replace Taylor who is on a bye this week and Bowman has a terrible matchup this week vs the hapless (or hopeless?) Browns.I'm trying to strike a balance between solid tackling DBs with pass defense(big play)upside. Options I'm looking at are:Terrell Thomas @ PHI (22 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 1 Sack and 8 passes defended ytd)Eric Wright @ CHI (19 Solo Tackles, 1 INT and 7 passes defended ytd)Thomas DeCoud @ NOS (27 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FR, 1 Sack and 6 passes defended ytd)Mike Jenkins vs SEA (18 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs and 5 passes defended ytd)Jacob Lacey vs SF (20 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD and 6 passes defended ytd)Thomas and DeCoud jump off the page at me due to their ytd numbers and their pass heavy team matchups, but am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything. I like DeCoud's matchup for sure, and Thomas looks like a better bet than the rest.

We start a total of 9 IDPs (3DBs, 3 LBs and 3 D flex players).Scoring is as follows:Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.My starting DBs are:Tyvon Branch @ SDCZach Bowman vs CLEIke Taylor - Bye weekI need to replace Taylor who is on a bye this week and Bowman has a terrible matchup this week vs the hapless (or hopeless?) Browns.I'm trying to strike a balance between solid tackling DBs with pass defense(big play)upside. Options I'm looking at are:Terrell Thomas @ PHI (22 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 1 Sack and 8 passes defended ytd)Eric Wright @ CHI (19 Solo Tackles, 1 INT and 7 passes defended ytd)Thomas DeCoud @ NOS (27 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FR, 1 Sack and 6 passes defended ytd)Mike Jenkins vs SEA (18 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs and 5 passes defended ytd)Jacob Lacey vs SF (20 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD and 6 passes defended ytd)Thomas and DeCoud jump off the page at me due to their ytd numbers and their pass heavy team matchups, but am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything. I like DeCoud's matchup for sure, and Thomas looks like a better bet than the rest.
Thanks Jene. DeCoud and Thomas have been added to my lineup.

Update- I'm a bit of an underdog this week and in the playoff hunt, so I'm looking to maximize my points this week. Would Tim Dobbins vs OAK be a good add this week if I dropped Bart Scott (vs MIA)? Scott had his best game of the season (statswise) in week 5 vs Miami with 9 solos, so I'm not 100% confident about the move. The last I heard Burnett was still on crutches, so I don't think he is a threat to return this week.

Update- I'm a bit of an underdog this week and in the playoff hunt, so I'm looking to maximize my points this week. Would Tim Dobbins vs OAK be a good add this week if I dropped Bart Scott (vs MIA)? Scott had his best game of the season (statswise) in week 5 vs Miami with 9 solos, so I'm not 100% confident about the move. The last I heard Burnett was still on crutches, so I don't think he is a threat to return this week.
Oakland has been the worst tackle matchup in the league, Miami in the top five tackle matchups. Scott >> Dobbins on paper.

Oakland has been the worst tackle matchup in the league, Miami in the top five tackle matchups. Scott >> Dobbins on paper.
Thanks Jene. Here's hoping the on-paper matchup holds up and Scott outscores Dobbins.