What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HAven't set my clocks back yet (1 Viewer)

John Bender

Footballguy
I try to see how long I can live without setting my clocks back.

Last year I almost made it to Thanksgiving.

I'm hoping to save my hour for a night when I really need it. Usually the week of Thanksgiving is a big party/drinking week and I'd like to cash in the extra hour of sleep around then.

So far so good.

Once you get used to all your television shows being on an hour later than normal, it's pretty easy.

I try to see how long I can live without setting my clocks back.Last year I almost made it to Thanksgiving.I'm hoping to save my hour for a night when I really need it. Usually the week of Thanksgiving is a big party/drinking week and I'd like to cash in the extra hour of sleep around then.So far so good.Once you get used to all your television shows being on an hour later than normal, it's pretty easy.
I've been saving my hour for the last 7 years. Next year I'm going to take a day off of work paid and not have to take any vacation!!!!

Fairly difficult thing to do in this day and age where so many clocks update themselves automatically.. Are living off the grid?

Same deal this year.

Got a big poker tournament in early December saving my hour for that.

People will be weary late night and then BOOM, I bust into my time bank and take it down.

:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is important, will the football games be on at 1pm CST or 12pm CST tomorrow.

Sorry, clock dyslexia.

We should set out clocks forward in the spring of 2013, and then never set them back again. 18th century thinking has little use in the 21st century IMO.

We should set out clocks forward in the spring of 2013, and then never set them back again. 18th century thinking has little use in the 21st century IMO.
Ummm, you got it backwards. I think you mean we should never set them forward again now, since we're back on Standard Time.

I don't mind springing forward because now my dog wakes up an hour later to go outside for a pee.

She's stupid and doesn't realize she's supposed to get up at 6 and not 7.

Checkmate, Bender.

:lmao: :lmao:

No idea how i let this thread slip through the cracks. I just read the entire thing aloud to my wife. She thinks I am crazy.

Daylight savings is useless on a Saturday - why can't we set the clock backs on a weeknight?

& when we move them forward, why don't we do it in the middle of a Tuesday?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Just got off the phone with my mother. Trying to explain to her how I own daylight savings time by saving my hour. Made it til Nov 17th last year. Hoping to make it until Thanksgiving this year so I can drink more and get an extra hour of sleep.

I have this alarm clock that automatically adjusts the time for daylight savings time. The only problem is that it uses the old timeline. They changed it a few years ago and now I get screwed up, especially when I have to work on Sundays. Time for a new one I guess, but I like this one. I'm used to what buttons to hit in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread