What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HAven't set my clocks back yet (1 Viewer)

I echo the sentiment of this is stupid. I'll gladly take an extra hour of darkness early, when I'm sleeping and then at work, rather than have ANY hope of seeing a squint of light after work when we Dan actually enjoy it. 

Its like one day of woo-hoo extra sleep followed by 4+ months of "how long until we get that extra hour of light when we can actually utilise it"

SWC said:
if you do not set your clocks right you might miss the banks hours in which case you could not take stuff there and that my friends would be a tragedy take that to the bank during normal hours bromigos 
That's why I do online banking. I can take it to the bank 24/7/365 bromigo.

So much prefer this time zone, let it stay light a lot longer. After work I can run or ride without thinking about the darkness, kids can play outside a lot longer. 

We feel we made it through the winter now. What Alabama calls winter anyway, mostly the evening darkness. 

I thought we went thru this pain every six months. Yet here we are four months after the last painful clock-changing exercise. 🤬

i bet if you look in your user manual there might a tip on how to do that.
Nope. I looked in the manual and online and the Alpine double din I have only changes via its Navi/GPS system. No kidding. People were justifiably pissed off.  And mine isn't reading the GPS correctly, so my clock now works.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. I looked in the manual and online and the Alpine double din I have only changes via its Navi/GPS system. No kidding. People were justifiably pissed off.  
even if you're 100% telling the truth, i refuse to believe this can happen in 2019

You ought to be more open-minded, then. It's an older unit.  I purchased the car back in 2015-6, and the head unit is probably a few years before that. 

It's an Alpine INA-W900

Here's just one of the many forums lamenting the lack of manual setting. Perhaps I'm missing something. It's nowhere in the manual, either. 

http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=61633
i would also have said "i refuse to believe this could happen in 2001"

how the hell can you not change the time on a head unit? insanity

i would also have said "i refuse to believe this could happen in 2001"
I fully agree.

Awful design and engineering, but I don't really feel like blowing the cash to update a perfectly fine system because of the clock, either. I have an Aux hooked up and Spotify running from my phone, so the head unit and DVD player work just fine. I just wish the clock was right.  

So it is.  

eta* It's on the right hour, but seven minutes fast. Perhaps I need a GPS update or something.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amazes me that:

1) I completely forget all about something that happens twice a year on a very regular cadence with the same schedule (second Sunday in March, first Sunday of November) and never bother to set a calendar reminder or anything else about it, mostly because

2) I uncannily hear about it regardless of whether I am cognizant of it or not -- overhear conversation, someone brings it up, I happen to hear it on the news, etc.

This year, was in our office kitchen area getting coffee -- normally get into the office around 7:30 AM, and at that time, normally see the same faces in the kitchen getting coffee and need to struggle to make small talk (not caffeinated yet, you see). To this one regular I see, I made a useless small talk comment on how light it was getting at that hour these days, and he made the remark saying "Don't get used to it, I am sure Daylight Savings is ending soon.

Prompted us both to look at our phones as to exactly when and voila, it was this Sunday. So learned about it by happenstance yet again.

At this point I'm resisting setting up an alert on my calendar as these unofficial, unprompted reminders always seem to happen, and want to see how long I can keep the streak going for.

even if you're 100% telling the truth, i refuse to believe this can happen in 2019
Had a Buick a few years ago with built in navigation, couldn't handle daylight savings, we'd reset the time and next time we'd start the car it would go back, dealer had to replace the head unit at $2500 because it wouldn't correct for daylight savings 🤣

The whole idea is dumb and useless. Hopefully California lawmakers will opt us out of this time change nonsense permanently.
:goodposting:  

Texas has a bill in the legislature to end this garbage. Not sure if it has any support. 

But just keep us on daylight savings all year. Enough of this back and forth garbage.

:goodposting:  

Texas has a bill in the legislature to end this garbage. Not sure if it has any support. 

But just keep us on daylight savings all year. Enough of this back and forth garbage.
Well the problem is I think the lawmakers want us to stay on standard time and not current daylight time.

I prefer to stay in the lighter later camp 

Well the problem is I think the lawmakers want us to stay on standard time and not current daylight time.

I prefer to stay in the lighter later camp 

In Texas, the sponsor of the bill said he doesn't care which one we stay on, as long as we stay on one.

Had a Buick a few years ago with built in navigation, couldn't handle daylight savings, we'd reset the time and next time we'd start the car it would go back, dealer had to replace the head unit at $2500 because it wouldn't correct for daylight savings 🤣
Yep. This is what was going on with me. Now it's just seven minutes fast all the time. That's sort of a new one, though I stopped paying attention to the clock ages ago.  

:shrugs: 

Arizona is interesting.  I was in Mountain time Saturday and Pacific time Sunday.  I like not changing clocks.

I have one digital clock (unfortunately in the guest room where it's rarely seen) that changes itself automatically. Not even sure how it does it. Guess it can read from any cell tower or something. I wish all clocks did this. Funny thing is it was an inexpensive Wal Mart special.

Users who are viewing this thread