What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at Ft. Hood (1 Viewer)

Maybe 3 shooters...

The media is just guessing, but say the pattern doesn't match a typical post traumatic syndrome type shooting.

The fact that there was 2 shooters got my attention, as that very much implies planning. Crazy that that happened at a military base. Were the shooters soldiers?

The fact that there was 2 shooters got my attention, as that very much implies planning. Crazy that that happened at a military base. Were the shooters soldiers?
This is the 1st Cav base. They have had 3 deployments to Iraq.The shooters were reported to be in uniform. The multiple shooters definitely means planning.

Theyve arrested terrorists in the past who have planned to shoot up army bases. Sounds like some slipped thru the cracks :unsure:

This is the 1st Cav base. They have had 3 deployments to Iraq.The shooters were reported to be in uniform. The multiple shooters definitely means planning.
Thing is, anyone can put on a uniform. We just have to wait for details. For all we know the "multiple shooter" reports may simply be out of confusion at the scene. That's been known to happen.

Thing is, anyone can put on a uniform. We just have to wait for details. For all we know the "multiple shooter" reports may simply be out of confusion at the scene. That's been known to happen.
:unsure:

One attacker has been "neutralized" and one has been "cornered," Lt. Gen Russel Honore, former deputy commander at Fort Hood, told CNN.

With 7 dead and up to 15 wounded, you have to think that multiple shooters and/or multiple weapons had to be involved. Right now they are saying the gunman had an m16 which holds 10- 30 rounds per magazine and fire 3 rounds per burst usually.Edit: an eyewitness Sgt. Major confirming a second shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know somebody that is at Ft. Hood and a friend of mine forwarded me a text saying he's ok, 7 dead, 20 wounded, 1 gunman killed, 1 gunman in custody and others "on the loose". They were wearing fatigues. That's all I know just from them. I haven't even read the news yet as I was driving when I heard about it.

NBC article

NBC: 7 dead, 20 injured in Fort Hood shooting

SWAT teams battle at least one gunman on the military base

Seven dead, gunmen still at large at Ft. Hood

Nov. 5: Seven people have been reported dead and 20 injured at the Army's Fort Hood in Texas. One gunman is in custody and two are reported to be at large. NBC’s Jim Miklaszewski reports.

At least seven people are dead and 20 wounded in a mass shooting Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, and at least one suspect is believed to be holed up in a building and shooting at SWAT team members, NBC News and affiliate KCEN reported.

It was unknown whether the victims were all soldiers or civilians at Fort Hood, one of the largest military complexes in the world.

One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said. A third shooter may be involved, according to NBC News affiliate KCEN in Waco, which said the person was holed up in building 42006 on the base and had opened fire on SWAT team members. KCEN quoted a source as saying the shooter had a high-powered rifle.

KCEN reported that a policeman was among those shot.

Greg Schannep, an aide to U.S. Rep. John Carter, told the Austin American-Statesman that he was on the Army post to attend a graduation service. He said that as he neared the entrance of a building where the service was being held, a soldier with blood on his uniform ran past him and said a man was shooting.

Schannep told the newspaper that the shootings appeared to have occurred in a complex near a theater where the service was scheduled. He was with the injured soldier, who he said appeared to have been struck in the shoulder but did not have life-threatening injuries.

The shooting happened "near the soldier readiness processing center, where soldiers cycle through as they prepare to deploy," according to Sgt. Major Jamie Posten from the Fort Hood public affairs office.

He said this is where the soldiers go, up to 60 days before deployment, to begin the process of vaccinations and other preparation. That complex is on the West side of post, off Battalion Avenue.

"It's still developing. We're trying to figure out what took place on the ground," he said.

A nurse at Metroplex Hospital on Fort Hood confirms that those injured in the shooting were being taken there. She told NBC they were all military personnel. The base was reportedly on lockdown. The Killeen Independent School District said all Fort Hood schools are on lockdown.

Temple ISD is on a "soft" lockdown. Parents will be able to pick their children up at the normal times, though they may experience delays.

FBI agents were reportedly on the way to the post.

Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, and 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.

Army spokesman Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett said he was unaware if security measures were put in place at other military bases.

“At this point I do not know,” Packnett said.

President Barack Obama was briefed on the shootings, according to spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least seven people are dead and between 12 and 15 wounded in shootings at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, senior Pentagon official told CNN.Two shooters were involved in the incident, and one has been apprehended, Fort Hood spokesman Sgt. Maj. Jamie Posten told CNN. "At this point we're looking for the other shooter." Asked for a description, he said, "we're trying to develop that information."

UPDATE: Suspect reportedly wearing Army uniform with Major's rank

Thursday, November 05, 2009 at 2:58 p.m.

Details are starting to emerge in a shooting at Fort Hood that has left at least seven dead and 12 injured.

KCEN-TV from Waco is reporting that two or more people may have been involved in the shootings around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

The Waco TV station reported that there are two different crime scenes: the SPC and Howve Theater on Battalion Ave.

KCEN-TV reproted that one person is in custody while there are unconfirmed reports that one of the shooters is surrounded by police in the 42006 building on Fort Hood.

The Waco TV station is reproting that the shooter has a high-powered rifle and was reportedly aiming to kill.

KCEN-TV reported that suspect was wearing an Army uniform with a Major's rank. He may have fled to another building.

The Austin American-Statesman reported that a congressional aide for U.S. Rep. John Carter, said he was on the post to attend a graduation service.

He told the Statesman that as he neared the entrance of a building where the service was being held, a soldier with blood on his uniform ran past him and said a man was shooting.

Schannep told the Statesman tha tthe shootings appeared to have occurred in a complex near a theater where the service was scheduled.

He reported being with the injured soldier, who he said appeared to have been struck in the shoulder but did not have life-threatening injuries.

Todd Martin, assistant for communications at the Killeen school district, told the Austin American-Statesman that the district has seven elementary schools and two middle schools on the post itself.

“Those have been locked down since this began,” Martin said. The other schools in the district outside the post have not been locked down, he said.

The victims have not been identified while the Fort Hood website remains down.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=372899

Senator Hutchinson just said she was informed by a general on the base that it is 30 wounded with two shooters, one of which may not be in custody yet.

I know somebody that is at Ft. Hood and a friend of mine forwarded me a text saying he's ok, 7 dead, 20 wounded, 1 gunman killed, 1 gunman in custody and others "on the loose". They were wearing fatigues. That's all I know just from them. I haven't even read the news yet as I was driving when I heard about it.
I hope so. I'm glad your friend is alright.

Man, hard to believe there would be 2-3 army personnel that would find each other and pull of this kind of attack.. One berserk soldier sure, but a group of them? much less likely.

Man, hard to believe there would be 2-3 army personnel that would find each other and pull of this kind of attack.. One berserk soldier sure, but a group of them? much less likely.
I agree. It's too early to speculate whether or not they were soldiers. Wearing fatigues would be an easy decision if you were trying to something heinous like this.

The one article I read said they didn't know yet if the victims were military personnel or civilian workers.

CNN just confirmed one gunman really was killed and that the newest number of dead is 12 which includes the gunman.

The forwarded text I received from the guy that I know who is out there was:

"So far seven dead, over twenty wounded, one gunman killed, one in custody, one cornered, and more loose."

I received that text at 12:46pm on the west coast and CNN just now confirmed the dead gunman. I wonder how much more info will come out that I received from that text?

If there were two shooters, it could be a "disturbed buddy" scenario. If it turns out there are three or more, one would have to suspect some form of politically motivated terrorism, whether foreign or domestic.

If there were two shooters, it could be a "disturbed buddy" scenario. If it turns out there are three or more, one would have to suspect some form of politically motivated terrorism, whether foreign or domestic.
IMO, I don't think foreign terrorists would attack a US military base. I don't know what that would accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread