Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JMon348

Android apps

Has anyone been able to figure out how to reply to all via text message? My iphone/BB friends are constantly sending group texts, and they all come to my inbox individually; so it renders me useless as I can take part in the conversation. I've tried handsent, goSMS, and the stock messaging app, and none of them work. I can't believe android is missing this basic funcitonality :brickwall:

Prolly doesn't apply to this specifically, but the GroupMe app is teats for chatting with the same group of people.

I'm using the stock PIN-code security to lock my phone. However, when plugged into a computer via USB, the "turn on USB storage" screen pops up and you can connect to the phone without using the PIN. Kind of defeats the purpose. Are there any apps or updates that fix this flaw?

Has anyone been able to figure out how to reply to all via text message? My iphone/BB friends are constantly sending group texts, and they all come to my inbox individually; so it renders me useless as I can take part in the conversation. I've tried handsent, goSMS, and the stock messaging app, and none of them work. I can't believe android is missing this basic funcitonality :brickwall:

Menu/More/Reply All
from which app?
I just found it in the stock app. Press and hold on the message till the menu pops up. The last option is "Reply All"It's not available in Handscent, which I like using.
just found it as well. thx.But it looks like the stock app still doesn't pop up when you receive a text. anyway around this?

Prolly doesn't apply to this specifically, but the GroupMe app is teats for chatting with the same group of people.
yeah, but doesn't that mean everyone has to have it installed? Seems counterproductive

Menu/More/Reply All
from which app?
Stock

I suggest the following from the lists:

Sound Hound

Airsync

Paper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)

Flick Golf

Christmas HD Paper (very customizable)

Star Chart

And I suggest Swiftkey X and Beautiful Widgets... I use both daily.
Swiftkey X is not on sale...its $3.99
Swiftkey X is a 10 cent app again today.
Holy Crap is this awesome! Just got my first Android phone and it's also my first on screen keyboard, I was seriously regretting my purchase (Samsung Galazxy S II) because of my typing issues...but Swiftkey X has instantly changed that. I'm not only more accurate, but the punctuation keys are much faster/easier to get to, it's already learning how I type, and I love that you can hard press a key to get it's alternate function instead of having to change pages.

Best 10 cents I've spent since Flick Golf...but 100% worth the full price.

:goodposting::thumbup: Just got the S II myself. What is the best browser to use? Is there a link here to the best apps without reading 34 pages?

TIA

Edited by St. Louis Bob

I suggest the following from the lists:

Sound Hound

Airsync

Paper Camera (surprised how much fun I had with this one)

Flick Golf

Christmas HD Paper (very customizable)

Star Chart

And I suggest Swiftkey X and Beautiful Widgets... I use both daily.
Swiftkey X is not on sale...its $3.99
Swiftkey X is a 10 cent app again today.
Holy Crap is this awesome! Just got my first Android phone and it's also my first on screen keyboard, I was seriously regretting my purchase (Samsung Galazxy S II) because of my typing issues...but Swiftkey X has instantly changed that. I'm not only more accurate, but the punctuation keys are much faster/easier to get to, it's already learning how I type, and I love that you can hard press a key to get it's alternate function instead of having to change pages.

Best 10 cents I've spent since Flick Golf...but 100% worth the full price.

:goodposting::thumbup: Just got the S II myself. What is the best browser to use? Is there a link here to the best apps without reading 34 pages?

TIA

There's a thread just on Android browsers here. Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma

I've been digging the ICS keyboard, from the market, I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.4

I just converted over to Dolphin Browser HD full time. Love it :thumbup:

I think Swype is still better than Swiftkey :shrug:

Just figured out that swipe is already installed on my razr

Which one did you get?

Swype took a bit for me to get used to, but I can't imagine not having it now.

anyone else lose their #### when the android market app disappeared? I had no clue the "google play" app was the new market :rant:

I think Swype is still better than Swiftkey :shrug:

I think Swiftkey is way better.... but I use Swype :shrug:

anyone else lose their #### when the android market app disappeared? I had no clue the "google play" app was the new market :rant:

:confused: looks the same to me

have you upgraded your apps lately?

yes - this morning

yes - this morning
I just got a text from Verizon saying the Market would be changing to Google Play. They are apparently rolling it out in waves.

yes - this morning
I just got a text from Verizon saying the Market would be changing to Google Play. They are apparently rolling it out in waves.
oh ok. I been reading about it and tried all the tricks, I accepted the new agreement but nothing changed app wise :unsure: Edited by belljr

F'ing market. I haven't got the latest update, so I don't know what y'all are talking to, but I have to keep uninstalling my market apps updates all the time. I'm always low on memory, it seems whenever I update something the thing gets all bloated. It's like it's not deleting old app data or downloads or something. So I revert the market back to the old version and that cleans up like 15 MB and my phone works again. Thing is wonky.

F'ing market. I haven't got the latest update, so I don't know what y'all are talking to, but I have to keep uninstalling my market apps updates all the time. I'm always low on memory, it seems whenever I update something the thing gets all bloated. It's like it's not deleting old app data or downloads or something. So I revert the market back to the old version and that cleans up like 15 MB and my phone works again. Thing is wonky.

what phone are you on?

what phone are you on?

Nexus One.

Generally I like the phone, but I have no idea why memory is such an issue. What the #### do I care about mega-bytes anymore? Is this 1992? I know "there's an app for that" but there's no room on phones for all of them. They get seriously bloated. Swype is "huge" at 10MB, Words with Friends is another 10MB, and like 90% of them can't be moved to the SD card. Add in that Market doesn't seem to clean up after itself and my phone is always down to 20 MB free, if it drops below that then it stops syncing my email and stuff.

I've already rooted to strip off the bloat like twitter and facebook. But I'm still always running out of memory.

Edited by Sarnoff

I have an Intercept.

Had a message to upgrade my system today, went ahead and did it. Took 15 mins or so. When it was done I got a message that no software updates were available.

I saw it loading and installing, but what the heck did it install? Nothing is different.

:confused:

I have an Intercept.

Had a message to upgrade my system today, went ahead and did it. Took 15 mins or so. When it was done I got a message that no software updates were available.

I saw it loading and installing, but what the heck did it install? Nothing is different.

It was pretty much a security fix... related to carrier IQ, I guess?

P.S. You hate that phone, don't you?

I've taken the Twitter plunge. What is the best app for it?

The official Twitter one ;)

Thanks! I wasn't sure since there are a couple of others with higher reviews on the Market.

Thanks! I wasn't sure since there are a couple of others with higher reviews on the Market.
I installed TweetCaster & TweetDeck. First opinion is that I like TweetCaster better.

I installed TweetCaster & TweetDeck. First opinion is that I like TweetCaster better.
TweetCaster is the one I settled with after trying them all and the one I like.

+1 for TweetCaster.

I have an Intercept.

P.S. You hate that phone, don't you?

:rant:

:yes:

With a passion.

I think my daughter hates it even more.

Looking at new phones next week.

ETA: I only paid $10 for each one brand new, so I guess i can't complain too much.

Edited by Mr.Pack

Upgrade just happened :lmao:

:rant::yes: With a passion.I think my daughter hates it even more.Looking at new phones next week.ETA: I only paid $10 for each one brand new, so I guess i can't complain too much.

My wife has one, it is awful... we paid a lot more than $10 it though. At least it is pink :rollseyes:

Expensify

I've been using it for a while, but a couple recent updates have made it MONEY. I've always wanted something that could track mileage by pushing a button at the beginning of my route and then another at the end. This now does that with GPS tracking (my tinfoil hat wearing wife won't like that part, but I love it).

It's also really good for tracking other expenses like meals & entertainment.

Then it uploads the information to their site, from where you can print out customized data forms.

Highly recommended.

Expensify

I've been using it for a while, but a couple recent updates have made it MONEY. I've always wanted something that could track mileage by pushing a button at the beginning of my route and then another at the end. This now does that with GPS tracking (my tinfoil hat wearing wife won't like that part, but I love it).

It's also really good for tracking other expenses like meals & entertainment.

Then it uploads the information to their site, from where you can print out customized data forms.

Highly recommended.

but what if i bloat prefer to estimate my work mileage?

anyone have a good tablet note taking app?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I downloaded a fun game called Missile Defender, a take off the old Missile Command game.

yeah, that's a good one. :thumbup:

Which one did you get?
which razr? the 16 gig. then they took the 16 gig card from my droid, and put it in the other slot to make it 32 gig. saved me $100

Which one did you get?
which razr? the 16 gig. then they took the 16 gig card from my droid, and put it in the other slot to make it 32 gig. saved me $100
no I meant razr... I have the maxx....didn't know they had different sizes.

I'm using the stock PIN-code security to lock my phone. However, when plugged into a computer via USB, the "turn on USB storage" screen pops up and you can connect to the phone without using the PIN. Kind of defeats the purpose. Are there any apps or updates that fix this flaw?

There's no flaw here, it just related to the timeout setting. If the device is in a locked state (lock screen is active), the user won't be able to select the "turn on USB storage" option when connecting via USB. The issue here is that your lock screen is not active when you are connecting via USB. Set it to lock immediately and you won't ever have to worry about this.

Which one did you get?
no I meant razr... I have the maxx....didn't know they had different sizes.
Yea just the regular razr. Not the maxx. I don't think there's a difference except battery

If you are looking for a solution to those endless tabs on your key ring that you use to get extra benefits at grocery and convenience stores.

Key Ring

Works well and cleans up your key ring.