Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northern exposure

16 Team Dynasty League

We start a total of 9 IDPs (3DBs, 3 LBs and 3 D flex players).

Scoring is as follows:

Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.

Return yards = 25 yards/point.

I am currently sitting at 4-5 with two single point losses, so I need to maximize my scoring from all roster positions.

My starters as of now are:

LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud.

DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon Branch

D Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard Jackson

Bench - Keyaron Fox

I'm considering adding the following players:

DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :lmao:

Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly Browns

Chinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?

Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.

Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.

If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

My starters as of now are:LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud. DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon BranchD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench - Keyaron FoxI'm considering adding the following players:DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :popcorn: Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly BrownsChinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

I think you're probably okay as-is, tough Levy, Webb and Bartell are all reasonable replacements for Jackson this week. Webb's matchup is terrible, but it's almost worth the risk if he's a week away from becoming a starter/returner. Even as a nickel/returner, he's arguably got as much upside at any of your current DBs. Williams fully participated today, which makes Ndukwe risky and if you're trying to maximize your point total (I'm reading that as you can't have a near zero) I'd avoid Smith.

My starters as of now are:LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud. DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon BranchD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench - Keyaron FoxI'm considering adding the following players:DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :popcorn: Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly BrownsChinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

I think you're probably okay as-is, tough Levy, Webb and Bartell are all reasonable replacements for Jackson this week. Webb's matchup is terrible, but it's almost worth the risk if he's a week away from becoming a starter/returner. Even as a nickel/returner, he's arguably got as much upside at any of your current DBs. Williams fully participated today, which makes Ndukwe risky and if you're trying to maximize your point total (I'm reading that as you can't have a near zero) I'd avoid Smith.
Thanks Jene.You hit the nail on the head with the "can't have a near zero" comment. It looks like Timmons is not on the Steelers' injury report for week 10, so I might drop Fox and pick up Webb. Would there be much gain for me if I picked up Levy or Bartell this week and dropped Jackson?

My starters as of now are:LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud. DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon BranchD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench - Keyaron FoxI'm considering adding the following players:DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :goodposting: Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly BrownsChinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

Thanks Jene.You hit the nail on the head with the "can't have a near zero" comment. It looks like Timmons is not on the Steelers' injury report for week 10, so I might drop Fox and pick up Webb. Would there be much gain for me if I picked up Levy or Bartell this week and dropped Jackson?
All three have similar upside. Levy probably hasn't the highest floor, but there is a risk that they mix up their nickel packages if the Vikings spread them out more than expected.

My starters as of now are:LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud. DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon BranchD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench - Keyaron FoxI'm considering adding the following players:DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :shrug: Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly BrownsChinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

All three have similar upside. Levy probably hasn't the highest floor, but there is a risk that they mix up their nickel packages if the Vikings spread them out more than expected.
Thanks Jene.Roy Williams ending up on IR has me looking at Ndukwe again. How does he compare to Levy, Bartell and Jackson?

My starters as of now are:LBs- Fletcher, Briggs, Ruud. DBs- DeCoud, Ike Taylor,Tyvon BranchD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench - Keyaron FoxI'm considering adding the following players:DeAndre Levy @ MIN - the ever secretive Schwartz says Sims' hamstring injury from week 9 "has the potential to be significant" :confused: Lardarius Webb @ CLE - seems to be earning more snaps as a better cover man than Washington, but how much opprtunity will he get vs the lowly BrownsChinedum Ndukwe @ PIT - does Roy Williams rejoin the lineup this week?Ron Bartell vs NO- Drew Brees should give this guy nightmares.Will Smith @ St. Louis- I am sure he will meet Marc Bulger at least once.If any of these guys are worth picking up, who should I drop?

Thanks Jene.Roy Williams ending up on IR has me looking at Ndukwe again. How does he compare to Levy, Bartell and Jackson?
He's about the same. The PD thing really mucks up the works here because it's so difficult to project. Levy and Ndukwe are probably on par in tackle upside, with Ndukwe a better PD/INT bet. Bartell and Jackson have more coverage upside, but a much wider range of tackle expectation.If you want big upside, I'd play Bartell. If you want the safer play, I think I'd play Ndukwe. He may get some slot duty again against Pittsburgh and Heath Miller is a frequent target and will probably be Ndukwe's responsibility.

Well I always fight to the end , but with a 4-6 record I have realized my chances of making the playoffs are slim at best.

My IDP lineup is as follows:

LB- Briggs, Fletcher, Ruud

DB- Ike Taylor, Tyvon Branch,DeCoud

D Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard Jackson

Bench- LWebb

I think I probably improve my roster by replacing Taylor. Not 100% sold on DeCoud and Jackson, but they have played well this season. My LBs are the strong portion of my IDPs.

Are any of the guys listed below worth picking up with an eye to next season , but without throwing in the towel this season?

Vontae Davis @Car (I like the rookie, but will he stick as a starter next season?)

Zackary Bowman vs Phi (Good upside, does not always capitalize on matchups)

William Gay @KC (just a guy, in my opinion, not much upside)

Reed Doughty @Dal (might be in competition with Horton next season for starter's job)

Dashon Goldson @GB (don't know much about him)

George Wilson @Jac (might not have an every down role in 2010 with Byrd playing well and Whitner healthy)

Chinedum Ndukwe @Oak (I think I like his play more than the Bengals' coaching staff does)

Geno Hayes vs NO (????)

DeAndre Levy vs Cle (Played well at times, other times not so much. Sims' or Foote's replacement in 2010?)

Thanks

Well I always fight to the end , but with a 4-6 record I have realized my chances of making the playoffs are slim at best. My IDP lineup is as follows:LB- Briggs, Fletcher, RuudDB- Ike Taylor, Tyvon Branch,DeCoudD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench- LWebbI think I probably improve my roster by replacing Taylor. Not 100% sold on DeCoud and Jackson, but they have played well this season. My LBs are the strong portion of my IDPs. Are any of the guys listed below worth picking up with an eye to next season , but without throwing in the towel this season?Vontae Davis @Car (I like the rookie, but will he stick as a starter next season?)Zackary Bowman vs Phi (Good upside, does not always capitalize on matchups)William Gay @KC (just a guy, in my opinion, not much upside)Reed Doughty @Dal (might be in competition with Horton next season for starter's job)Dashon Goldson @GB (don't know much about him)George Wilson @Jac (might not have an every down role in 2010 with Byrd playing well and Whitner healthy)Chinedum Ndukwe @Oak (I think I like his play more than the Bengals' coaching staff does)Geno Hayes vs NO (????)DeAndre Levy vs Cle (Played well at times, other times not so much. Sims' or Foote's replacement in 2010?)Thanks

Levy for Taylor and move Jackson from flex to DB. I like Ndukwe, but share your concerns. The others aren't clearly above replacement level for 2010 yet.

Well I always fight to the end , but with a 4-6 record I have realized my chances of making the playoffs are slim at best. My IDP lineup is as follows:LB- Briggs, Fletcher, RuudDB- Ike Taylor, Tyvon Branch,DeCoudD Flex - Timmons, Barnett, Tanard JacksonBench- LWebbI think I probably improve my roster by replacing Taylor. Not 100% sold on DeCoud and Jackson, but they have played well this season. My LBs are the strong portion of my IDPs. Are any of the guys listed below worth picking up with an eye to next season , but without throwing in the towel this season?Vontae Davis @Car (I like the rookie, but will he stick as a starter next season?)Zackary Bowman vs Phi (Good upside, does not always capitalize on matchups)William Gay @KC (just a guy, in my opinion, not much upside)Reed Doughty @Dal (might be in competition with Horton next season for starter's job)Dashon Goldson @GB (don't know much about him)George Wilson @Jac (might not have an every down role in 2010 with Byrd playing well and Whitner healthy)Chinedum Ndukwe @Oak (I think I like his play more than the Bengals' coaching staff does)Geno Hayes vs NO (????)DeAndre Levy vs Cle (Played well at times, other times not so much. Sims' or Foote's replacement in 2010?)Thanks

Levy for Taylor and move Jackson from flex to DB. I like Ndukwe, but share your concerns. The others aren't clearly above replacement level for 2010 yet.
Thanks Jene. I forgot to re-post league scoring in my last post, so I'm not sure if it would change your opinion. Scoring is as follows:Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.Return yards = 25 yards/point.Based on this scoring is LWebb still one to hold onto and see what happens for the rest of the season and into 2010? I've been tempted to dump Taylor and put Webb in at DB especially with this week's matchup vs The Colts.

Thanks Jene. I forgot to re-post league scoring in my last post, so I'm not sure if it would change your opinion. Scoring is as follows:Solo Tackles - 1 pt, Tackle Assist 0.5 pts. Sack - 3 pts. INT - 4 pts. Pass defended - 3 pts. Fumble Force- 3 pts. Fumble Recovery - 2 pts.Return yards = 25 yards/point.Based on this scoring is LWebb still one to hold onto and see what happens for the rest of the season and into 2010? I've been tempted to dump Taylor and put Webb in at DB especially with this week's matchup vs The Colts.
I'd risk Webb with this matchup. Should return plenty of kicks and matches up well as a nickel corner.