What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

i didnt read the whole thread but i would highly recommend "exit through the gift shop" a great documentary about street art, some of the commercialization of it, as well as the interesting dynamic is takes to be an"artist".
Watched this on Saturday and liked it. Also watched most of a documentary on the Minutemen. Solid.

Its sitting there so I'm going to watch the "Beyond the Mat" documentary for the WWF. It was made in 99 and I've never seen it.

Its sitting there so I'm going to watch the "Beyond the Mat" documentary for the WWF. It was made in 99 and I've never seen it.
It's a bit dated, but really really good. The stories that are told about Terry Funk, Jake Roberts and Mick Foley are amazing. Even the part about the Indy guys is pretty good.

:confused: 100% not fishing. I watched the first 2 EPs of BG and then totally forgot about it.
Well at least you gave it a good chance before forming your opinion. :mellow:
How many bites of crap sandwich do you need to take to know it tastes like crap?
None. I can see the crap in the sandwich.Television shows aren't sandwiches.
IIRC BG started out as 3 or 4 hour miniseries. I think I watched 1.5 hours of the show. That's not giving it a chance?
It's not for you, no big deal. But I would have suggested watching the mini-series first (yes, the whole thing).What kind of shows do you like

:confused: 100% not fishing. I watched the first 2 EPs of BG and then totally forgot about it.
How many bites of crap sandwich do you need to take to know it tastes like crap?
IIRC BG started out as 3 or 4 hour miniseries. I think I watched 1.5 hours of the show. That's not giving it a chance?
It's not for you, no big deal. But I would have suggested watching the mini-series first (yes, the whole thing).What kind of shows do you like
this is getting nowhere. take this to a different thread.Swamp People is on streaming :excited:

It's a bit dated, but really really good. The stories that are told about Terry Funk, Jake Roberts and Mick Foley are amazing. Even the part about the Indy guys is pretty good.
Its in the queue. :thumbup:
Watched it last night. It was good. Very eye-opening. Jake the Snake Robert's life is unbelievably depressing. Mick Foley and Terry Funk have very accepting families. It was good to see the backwater holes of wrestling as well as the bigtime stage. I'd recommend any wrestling fan who hasn't seen it to watch it.

this is getting nowhere. take this to a different thread.
Hey, it's not my fault you people have terrible taste. I try to do a public service and this is what happens. Sheesh.

Hey, it's not my fault you people have terrible taste. I try to do a public service and this is what happens. Sheesh.
Dharma & Greg box set is on sale at Target. YWIA

See this is where you cross the line. Because opinions differ, those that disagree with you have terrible taste. Schtick or not, you're in the wrong.

See this is where you cross the line. Because opinions differ, those that disagree with you have terrible taste. Schtick or not, you're in the wrong.
He's been in the wrong from the onset.

He's been in the wrong from the onset.
True but if it was his opinion only, then it could be let to slide. He insists on being wrong though. Such a shame.

Watched it last night. It was good. Very eye-opening. Jake the Snake Robert's life is unbelievably depressing. Mick Foley and Terry Funk have very accepting families. It was good to see the backwater holes of wrestling as well as the bigtime stage. I'd recommend any wrestling fan who hasn't seen it to watch it.
What about people who think wrestling is stupid? No good?

:confused: How can I be in the wrong if you agree that those who disagree have terrible taste? Make up your mind, Sepinwal.

Wrestling is stupid.

Wrestling is stupid.
:goodposting: I used to think they were just a bunch of ballerinas doing a precious little dance, but I'll at least acknowledge that they undergo some major physical duress in some circumstances.

Can I suggest that there should not be too much BS in here? Let's keep it focused on new findings for the most part...I think there is a different thread for movie reviews. Not trying to 8-<----0~~~~~ on this thread, but when you are away for a few days it is near impossible to sort through a one on one conversation over whether wrestling is stupid or just merely acted

Can I suggest that there should not be too much BS in here? Let's keep it focused on new findings for the most part...I think there is a different thread for movie reviews. Not trying to 8-<----0~~~~~ on this thread, but when you are away for a few days it is near impossible to sort through a one on one conversation over whether wrestling is stupid or just merely acted
Battlestar Galactica rules. Accept this or GTFO!

:goodposting:

It was taken off a while ago and at some point was added back on that I missed, but just noticed that they again have all the episodes for the short lived tv series "Jericho."

Great little post-apocalyptic tv show that was cancelled too soon. There was such a fan outpoor when it was cancelled after the first season that they made a shortened 2nd season that wrapped everything up (kind of like how Firefly got its movie.) General premise was about surviving in this small town in middle America after a massive attack wipes out most of the major cities. There was also a major side plot of trying to figure out the mystery of who made the attacks and why.

Not quite as outstanding as Firefly maybe, but still a really good show that was cancelled before its time.

It was taken off a while ago and at some point was added back on that I missed, but just noticed that they again have all the episodes for the short lived tv series "Jericho."Great little post-apocalyptic tv show that was cancelled too soon. There was such a fan outpoor when it was cancelled after the first season that they made a shortened 2nd season that wrapped everything up (kind of like how Firefly got its movie.) General premise was about surviving in this small town in middle America after a massive attack wipes out most of the major cities. There was also a major side plot of trying to figure out the mystery of who made the attacks and why.Not quite as outstanding as Firefly maybe, but still a really good show that was cancelled before its time.
I might have to add this. I remember liking it at first but stopped watching for some reason. I can't recall if it got too cheesy or whether it was just a bad timeslot for me.

Plunder: The Crime of Our Time - documentary about the Wall St. crooks :thumbup:

A Very British Gangster - documentary about the Noonan family from Manchester, great stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

Plunder: The Crime of Our Time - documentary about the Wall St. crooks :thumbup: A Very British Gangster - documentary about the Noonan family from Manchester, great stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:
Add "Rise of the Footsoldier" with "A Very British Gangster", two decent gangster flix. "Rise" is about Carlton Leach another british gangster, I think its actually better than "A Very..."<BR>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched "Cocaine Cowboys" last night and it was a great documentary!

In the 1980s, ruthless Colombian cocaine barons invaded Miami with a brand of violence unseen in this country since Prohibition-era Chicago - and it put the city on the map. "Cocaine Cowboys" is the true story of how Miami became the drug, murder and cash capital of the United States, told by the people who made it all happen.
Cocaine Cowboys 2 is another winner
yeah, I saw that on there too. Haven't watched it yet though. I will tomorrow I think. :popcorn:
Saw the 2nd movie finally... very good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Christ, that was like 4 posts. And it was an honest question of whether or not non-wrestling fans could enjoy the documentary. The dumb Battlestar Galactica argument was 2 pages.

Bo Burnham: Words, Words Words Has some slow spots, but the kid is very very funny in my opinion. Really polished for a 19 year old. I think his old You Tube spots are funnier, but this guy has a future.

Poolhall Junkies Decent popcorn flicks that feels like an Affleck brother flick (the lead guy is an exact Ben Affleck clone in almost every way). Fun role for Christopher Walken. Rick Schroder in it as well. And a small role for Ernie Reyes Jr. from the "wow, hadn't thought about that actor" in forever.

:goodposting:

Recent Find:

Battlestar Galactica: I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of this and it was terrible. Really really bad. I can't believe people actually gave thing 4 stars let alone 3. This really is a bad show. I mean really bad. Just terrible television. Anyone who claims different hates America and probably touches kids.

It was taken off a while ago and at some point was added back on that I missed, but just noticed that they again have all the episodes for the short lived tv series "Jericho."Great little post-apocalyptic tv show that was cancelled too soon. There was such a fan outpoor when it was cancelled after the first season that they made a shortened 2nd season that wrapped everything up (kind of like how Firefly got its movie.) General premise was about surviving in this small town in middle America after a massive attack wipes out most of the major cities. There was also a major side plot of trying to figure out the mystery of who made the attacks and why.Not quite as outstanding as Firefly maybe, but still a really good show that was cancelled before its time.
I might have to add this. I remember liking it at first but stopped watching for some reason. I can't recall if it got too cheesy or whether it was just a bad timeslot for me.
I was a big fan of that show when it was on and was upset when they canceled it. I might have to watch it again.

Recent Find:Battlestar Galactica: I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of this and it was terrible. Really really bad. I can't believe people actually gave thing 4 stars let alone 3. This really is a bad show. I mean really bad. Just terrible television. Anyone who claims different hates America and probably touches kids.
I agree. I can't believe anyone would ever even consider this to be anything above average at any time in TV history.

Recent Find:Battlestar Galactica: I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of this and it was terrible. Really really bad. I can't believe people actually gave thing 4 stars let alone 3. This really is a bad show. I mean really bad. Just terrible television. Anyone who claims different hates America and probably touches kids.
I agree. I can't believe anyone would ever even consider this to be anything above average at any time in TV history.
I WILL KILL YOUR FACE!

I WILL KILL YOUR FACE!
NOOOOO!!!! :excited: :shock:

A Tarantino/Kevin Smith explosion today.

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

From Dusk Till Dawn

If you haven't watched any of these, do so immediately. (especially FDTD, Hello Salma)

Clerks

Chasing Amy

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

All of these are worth watching and are extremely enjoyable if you are a fan of Smith.

Another movie that is pretty solid is Animal Kingdom.

Oh, just in case anyone had a hankerin' to watch a documentary about Julius Shulman (the photographer who captured mid century modern architecture) "Visual Acoustics" is on Netflix. Then again even I found this really boring.

Users who are viewing this thread